April 19, 2024, 02:25:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "There Ought to Be a Law"  (Read 1887 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 16, 2009, 06:40:28 AM »

"There Ought to Be a Law"

The issue is personal for Feild.

His birth mother abused drugs and alcohol while she was pregnant. As a result, Feild was born prematurely and suffers from spastic triplegic cerebral palsy. He requires a wheelchair to get around.

Drug-testing welfare recipients, he tells lawmakers, would prevent the same thing from happening to other children.

Feild got the idea several years ago when his father was required to take a pre-employment drug test. If job applicants have to take drug tests, he wondered, why not do the same for welfare recipients?

Feild said he's not giving up.

"I know someday, in the back of my mind, that I will come up here and it will pass. It'll go through."

read more here -
http://www.pe.com/localnews/politics/stories/PE_News_Local_S_rjlaw04.4313f1d.html

I wonder how many children could be saved if there was an incentive (money) to stay off of drugs?

What incentive is there for any welfare recipient to spend their money on their children and not on their own drug habits?

Are welfare programs enabling drug users and border violence?

If you saved just one baby from being abused by drugs...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 10:21:31 PM »

Victim's Mom Beats Molester in CourtAP
posted: 2 HOURS 7 MINUTES AGOcomments: 9filed under: Crime News, National NewsPrintShareText SizeAAAMORRISTOWN, N.J. (May 18) -- A New Jersey man in court to be sentenced for assaulting and harassing teenage girls has been beaten in a corridor by the mother of one of his victims.
The mother attacked 39-year-old Pascual Gonzalez in the Morris County Courthouse in Morristown on Monday, tearing the buttons off his shirt. Sheriff's officers restrained her.
Gonzalez wasn't injured. The Roxbury resident then was sentenced to five years in prison for sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl last year and harassing and touching her friend. The volunteer sports coach had pleaded guilty in January.
He cried before the judge and apologized for his crimes. He says he wishes "this had never, ever, ever happened."
The woman who beat him hasn't been charged.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.