April 23, 2024, 08:51:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tyruss "Ty" Toribio 3, killed/buried at New Mexico playground MOM arrested  (Read 21754 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 16, 2009, 02:51:27 PM »

Dead boy found buried at New Mexico playground
By SUSAN MONTOYA BRYAN Associated Press
May 16, 2009, 1:32PM
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — An autopsy was conducted Saturday on the body of an unidentified small child found buried in the sand of a public park playground, as investigators looked for the boy's parents or guardian.

The body was discovered Friday by a woman who had taken her own children to the city's Alvarado Park and spotted a shoe sticking out of the sand.

Police renewed their call for the public's help Saturday in finding the 3- to 5-year-old boy's family and learning how he ended up buried in the playground sand.
<snip>
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6426968.html
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 07:54:09 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 03:01:52 PM »

Muffy...at first I thought that this could be Briant R.  but it sounds like Briant may have been found alive in Mexicali...<<awesome news...
but, who does this little child belong to and what happened to him???
poor little guy!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 05:23:49 PM »

May 16, 12:50 PM EDT

Boy found buried in NM park still unidentified

By SUSAN MONTOYA BRYAN
Associated Press Writer
 ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) -- An autopsy was conducted Saturday on the body of an unidentified small child found buried in the sand of a public park playground, as investigators looked for the boy's parents or guardian.

The body was discovered Friday by a woman who had taken her own children to the city's Alvarado Park and spotted a shoe sticking out of the sand.

Police renewed their call for the public's help Saturday in finding the 3- to 5-year-old boy's family and learning how he ended up buried in the playground sand.

"No one has stepped forward as parent, guardian or caretaker or any other relationship with this child," police spokesman John Walsh said Saturday. "Anybody who has seen or heard of any, anything, involving a child in that area, we want them to call us."

The autopsy at the New Mexico Office of the Medical Investigator began at 9 a.m. Saturday, Walsh said.

Police Chief Ray Schultz said at a news conference late Friday that police had received no reports of missing children but believe he may be from the neighborhood around the park in northeast Albuquerque.

A team of about 50 investigators canvassed the area around the park until early Saturday and resumed the effort after daybreak, Walsh said.

Forensic experts who exhumed the body told police that the boy could not have been dead longer than 48 hours, Walsh said.
<snipped>
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PLAYGROUND_BODY?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 06:25:55 PM »

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S933199.shtml?cat=500

Image of victim's shirt

www.KOB.com
Posted at: 05/15/2009 4:20 PM

Updated at: 05/16/2009 2:10 PM

By: Chris Ornelas, Eyewitness News 4; Charlie Pabst, KOB.com

Search for clues to identify slain young boy underway

An autopsy is underway on the unidentified body of a boy between the ages of three and five recovered from a playground at Alvarado Park in Northeast Heights Friday afternoon.  Albuquerque Police are pleading for help from the public to help identify the child.

Early Saturday, Albuquerque Police Chief Ray Schultz said the victim's body has been removed from the sand. He describes the victim as three foot four and says the heat from the sand has discolored the body, making the ethnicity of the child difficult to determine.

The victim was clothed in a red, short-sleeved t-shirt with a 4x4 truck design and Sketchers-type tennis shoes that are black with white and lime stripes. The victim’s socks are described as short, white socks. The body was also wearing black, nylon running pants styled like sweatpants with a red stripe.

The shirt is Arizona brand and size 3T.

No juveniles have been reported missing in the area in the past 24-48 hours, according to police.

Chief Schultz said late Friday night, “We’re still following up multiple different leads so any information that anybody has, anybody who has been in the park in the last couple days anybody who has seen a young child wearing this clothing description in the last couple days please call.”

Cops believe that the boy may be missing from the neighborhood.

A mother discovered the body Friday afternoon while at the park with her children. The body has not been removed so that police may continue to investigate. Schultz said there are 50 detectives currently working on the case.

APD is also looking for a woman who was seen in the park between 6 and 9 p.m. Thursday with four kids. She is described as a very thin white woman in her early 30s with light brown, wavy hair. A witness told police she had four kids with her ages 3-10; a 10-year-old boy with jeans and a red shirt, a three-year-old girl with a pink and purple top, jeans and a ponytail, and another boy and girl between the ages of five and eight.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call 242-COPS or 877-SOLV-APD.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 08:38:33 PM »

Very strange..
Thanks for the updates..

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 12:38:13 AM »

I wonder who this little boy is, poor baby, just left there like that. I hope they release a sketch of the boys face, it may help to identify him.

He is at peace now, flying with angels...R.I.P. sweet boy. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 12:43:29 PM »

The child was dressed in very nice clothes and shoes, at first I thought maybe kids were burying him and he accidently died, I know I read of something like this happening once. But since nobody has come forward that their son is missing, obviously that is not what happened. Someone must have seen something, it is a well lit area at the playground, and whoever did this didn't bury him very well, but then again the sand is not that deep in a playground. All the sand was taken out and replaced by new sand, which is good of course, but if I lived there I wouldn't let my kids play in that sandbox. This is just awful 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 01:34:54 PM »

What is strange is, I read the thread about the remains of people being found buried in Albuquerque. I wonder if the person that did this was trying to copy that? I looked at a map, there is a freeway pretty close by to this park. But isn't there a ton of open area  around NM? Why this park? They wanted him found, I think that makese sense.

They need to check in with foster care children in that state and make sure they are all accounted for. Poor boy, no one is looking for him. Either his family is dead too or they killed him I would guess.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 02:03:04 PM »

What is strange is, I read the thread about the remains of people being found buried in Albuquerque. I wonder if the person that did this was trying to copy that? I looked at a map, there is a freeway pretty close by to this park. But isn't there a ton of open area  around NM? Why this park? They wanted him found, I think that makese sense.

They need to check in with foster care children in that state and make sure they are all accounted for. Poor boy, no one is looking for him. Either his family is dead too or they killed him I would guess.

Good point about the remains of people found buried in Albuquerque. I lived there for over a year, and yes there is a lot of open area, the city is like in a basin, I got very claustrophic living there, there is some nice areas of Albuquerque, and the crime rate is high.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 02:57:06 PM »

Autopsy of Boy's Body Found in New Mexico Park Provides No Clues for Police

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —  Albuquerque police are trying to unravel the mystery of how the unidentified body of a small boy wound up buried in an Albuquerque playground after a preliminary autopsy provided no clues about how the child died.

"There were no obvious signs or cause of death," Albuquerque police spokesman John Walsh said Saturday after receiving the results of a preliminary autopsy from the state Office of the Medical Investigator.

more here...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520410,00.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 04:24:25 PM »

Autopsy of Boy's Body Found in New Mexico Park Provides No Clues for Police

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —  Albuquerque police are trying to unravel the mystery of how the unidentified body of a small boy wound up buried in an Albuquerque playground after a preliminary autopsy provided no clues about how the child died.

"There were no obvious signs or cause of death," Albuquerque police spokesman John Walsh said Saturday after receiving the results of a preliminary autopsy from the state Office of the Medical Investigator.

more here...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520410,00.html

That is nice the community is planning a memorial for the boy. I feel awful that no one is searching for him. They say he is either hispanic or native american..I hope they put a sketch of the boy out. So far he matches about 3 million little boys..
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 06:47:34 PM »

The child was dressed in very nice clothes and shoes, at first I thought maybe kids were burying him and he accidently died, I know I read of something like this happening once. But since nobody has come forward that their son is missing, obviously that is not what happened. Someone must have seen something, it is a well lit area at the playground, and whoever did this didn't bury him very well, but then again the sand is not that deep in a playground. All the sand was taken out and replaced by new sand, which is good of course, but if I lived there I wouldn't let my kids play in that sandbox. This is just awful 

rosie...I had thought the very same thing about kids playing around and burying him by accident..!
but like you, since no one has come forward, I was doubting myself on that one...
very strange that no one has claimed him yet...

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 07:47:25 PM »

I am heartbroken for this little guy....

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 08:01:13 PM »

can you imagine? did  someone care so little for this child that they can't even claim his little body after he was put there? but then I think, this is not a place to put a child's body that you don't want to be found is it?
Also, I am feeling pity for the mother with her children who saw/found the body...this will live with her for the rest of her life!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 09:02:16 PM »

can you imagine? did  someone care so little for this child that they can't even claim his little body after he was put there? but then I think, this is not a place to put a child's body that you don't want to be found is it?
Also, I am feeling pity for the mother with her children who saw/found the body...this will live with her for the rest of her life!

Cookie,
I wonder if this little boy was from Mexico? I wonder if they checked with Mexican authorities about missing children? Or what about a younger child that had been missing for awhile, from I suppose, anywhere? Or like I said before, a foster child, gosh knows they get lost in the system.  I guess I am trying to figure out how a dead child can end up buried at a park and no one know he was missing or not alive anymore.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 09:26:08 PM »

Cookie,
I wonder if this little boy was from Mexico? I wonder if they checked with Mexican authorities about missing children? Or what about a younger child that had been missing for awhile, from I suppose, anywhere? Or like I said before, a foster child, gosh knows they get lost in the system.  I guess I am trying to figure out how a dead child can end up buried at a park and no one know he was missing or not alive anymore.

dunno....Remember when the little girl was found dead in the plastic container floating in the water near Texas? she was not reported missing and her step dad and mother had murdered her...she was in their back yard shed for months before they sent her to a watery grave..evil monsters that they are...I think the little girl was Riley...?

Makes you wonder if this child was murdered by a parent/guardian..since he has not been reported missing...but he was not hidden well...on a child's playground?

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 11:35:30 PM »

I can't find anything new on this story tonight, hopefully tomorrow will bring answers.

I think they had wanted him to be found or they would have buried him deep in the desert or where ever. I hope they find who did this, even if it is the parent(s), somewhere there has to be extended family that loves this poor little guy, will morn for him and most importantly bury him  in a proper grave.

I remember Riley, so sad that poor little girl.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 11:38:24 AM »

Child's body found buried at playground, no one has claimed him

May 18, 2009 - 10:59 AM

For the second night in a row, dozens gathered for a candlelight vigil in honor of the boy they never knew. The crowd on Sunday night was even bigger than Saturday's crowd. Prayers could be heard echoing throughout the entire park for the boy without a name.  Crying or Very sad
http://www.cbs12.com/news/boy-4717942-park-name.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 11:58:37 AM »

Child's body found buried at playground, no one has claimed him

May 18, 2009 - 10:59 AM

For the second night in a row, dozens gathered for a candlelight vigil in honor of the boy they never knew. The crowd on Sunday night was even bigger than Saturday's crowd. Prayers could be heard echoing throughout the entire park for the boy without a name.  Crying or Very sad
http://www.cbs12.com/news/boy-4717942-park-name.html

How wonderful the community is coming together for this little guy. He will have a decent burial just as he should. One woman was quoted as saying, "We're going to be his mother for tonight,".

This story is just heartbreaking...
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 09:36:57 PM »

Tracygirl......I too think he is from Mexico.

Police continue search for family of dead boy

Associated Press - May 18, 2009 7:25 PM ET
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - Albuquerque police are still going door-to-door in the neighborhood around a city park where the body of a young boy was found buried in a playground.

Today at Alvarado Park, a steady flow of mourners piled toys, flowers and candles under the play structure.

Despite intense media coverage of the case, no one has stepped forward to identify the boy -- who was a 3- to 5-year-old Hispanic or American Indian.

Police spokesman John Walsh says a preliminary autopsy yielded no clues to how the child died and he didn't know when the results from blood and toxicology tests would be available.

The discovery has stumped police because the department has not received any recent reports of missing children.

Checks on missing persons reports in other states also have not provided an identity.

http://www.kdbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=10379362&nav=menu608_2_2
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 09:38:34 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.