April 20, 2024, 02:16:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tyruss "Ty" Toribio 3, killed/buried at New Mexico playground MOM arrested  (Read 21732 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 09:43:33 PM »

Mortuary donates services for Baby Justice
Posted: May 18, 2009

French’s Mortuary in Albuquerque has donated mortuary and cemetery services for a small boy whose body was discovered buried in a sandbox in an Albuquerque park on Friday.
Meanwhile, Albuquerque police still haven’t identified the boy, who is being called baby Justice, or determined who his parents are.

“Keep you prayers with us as we move forward,” said APD spokesman John Walsh. “And we are asking for that very crucial piece of information on where this child came from.”

Residents of the Alvarado Park neighborhood near Lomas and San Mateo have been holding candlelight vigils for the little boy and vow to continue.

Neighborhood residents have raised thousands of dollars from donors as far away as Taos. They had intended to use the money to provide burial services, but that’s no longer necessary.

“[We] wanted to offer all of the funeral expenses, cemetery and funeral completely from our family to you and to the Albuquerque community,” Tom Antram of French Mortary told community organizer Rachel Leberance.

“We are going to get him a little tuxedo,” said Leberance, “a tombstone and a little plaque to put up at Alvarado Park.”

Organizers will spend the remainder of the thousands of dollars collected on more lights for the park and to establish a reward fund.

The little boy was about three feet, two inches tall and weighed about 38 pounds. He was wearing a shirt with a picture of a monster truck on it and size nine Sketchers with lime green stripes.

Officials believe he was either Native American or Hispanic.

People who would like to donate to the fund can do so at any Compass bank branch.
http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S935876.shtml?cat=500

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 12:34:09 AM »

Do you think the timing of this is just pure coincidence? He is 3  years old, Briant was 3, he was Hispanic, Briant is Hispanic, he was let go pretty much the same time as this little boy must have been killed and buried. Such seems strange. Probably not connected but still strange anyway.

This community sounds like it is filled  with a bunce of nice people. I cannot believe how open their hearts are, it is wonderful. I like that name too, Baby Justice..Much better then John doe. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 08:42:32 AM »

Do you think the timing of this is just pure coincidence? He is 3  years old, Briant was 3, he was Hispanic, Briant is Hispanic, he was let go pretty much the same time as this little boy must have been killed and buried. Such seems strange. Probably not connected but still strange anyway.

This community sounds like it is filled  with a bunce of nice people. I cannot believe how open their hearts are, it is wonderful. I like that name too, Baby Justice..Much better then John doe. 

I like the name as well...glad that these strangers have taken this little child under their wings and have made sure that he is respected in death.....given a proper burial ....he is loved, if only by strangers it sounds like...sigh..
makes me sad that the bio parents/relatives have not come forward to claim him...Where are aunts, uncles, grand parents that are noticing that a child is missing ??? it boggles the mind!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 11:29:40 AM »

Cookie I know that is why I wonder if he was a foster child or from another country? They need to find who did this to him
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 05:40:00 PM »

HLN news is saying they still don't know who this little boy is. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 06:42:51 PM »

Albuquerque Journal (New Mexico)
May 19, 2009 Tuesday 

HUNT FOR ANSWERS

For now, he's the dead child nobody has claimed or named, a little boy buried in a playground.

Investigators don't know how he died and are having a difficult time reconstructing his face so they can use his image to appeal for help, hoping someone will recognize him. The boy, who is 3 to 5 years old and has been dubbed "Baby Angel," was found buried underneath a layer of sand under a swing set in Alvarado Park on Friday. He had been there about 48 hours.

Due to the heat and sand, the body's condition was too poor for local forensic artists to make a sketch. Police have contacted the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to help find an expert who can reconstruct the boy's face into a drawing that can be released to the public.
"Our main goal is to identify who this child is," Albuquerque police Cmdr. Michael Geier said. "Without his identity, there is little we can do."

Investigators said Monday that they believe that whoever put the boy in the shallow grave had some sort of "emotional connection" to the child, and they pleaded for that person to come forward.

Geier said that if this had been a "stranger abduction," it's unlikely the boy would have been placed in the park the way he was. He said it's possible the person who buried the child wanted him to be found.

"The person who put the boy there didn't treat him like garbage. There was some care in the way he was placed there," Geier said. "Realistically, this wasn't the best way to handle this situation for whoever did this, but we need to hear their side of the story. We are not saying that we are hunting down a child killer, because we don't know that."

Investigators have not determined how the boy died. There were no obvious signs of trauma, and investigators don't believe the boy was shot or stabbed. They said it's possible the boy died of natural or accidental causes, and the caretaker was afraid to report it to authorities.

Preliminary autopsy results told investigators little, and further tests are being done to determine the cause of death.

Police have received more than 50 tips from the public, but they have come up dry. Most of the tips have been from people reporting they hadn't seen someone's child in days, but each time police went to the home, they found the child.

Most of the other tips focused on the boy's clothing. Over the weekend, police released a photograph of a red T-shirt the boy was wearing that had an image of a monster truck on it.

About 50 officers are actively working the case, some of whom have volunteered their time.

"Anything and everything that comes our way, we are going to look into it," Geier said.

Investigators also combed the neighborhood, checked with local schools and day-care centers and conducted a nationwide computerized search for missing persons.

Not one boy in that age range has been reported missing anywhere in the country over the past four days.

Neighbors around Alvarado Park have raised $3,500 to erect a plaque and statue at the park and to buy a tuxedo for the boy's funeral, if and when there are services. French Mortuary has donated a casket and other services, they said.

Neighbors have set up a bank account at Compass Bank. People can make donations at any branch to the "Baby Angel Fund." "This is something that tugs at the heartstrings of the entire community," Geier said. "This was a 3-yearold boy. How innocent can a victim be?"

Baby Angel

NAME: Police have not given the boy a name, but neighbors at the park where he was found have called him Baby Angel, Baby Justice and Baby 4x4, after the picture of the truck on his T-shirt. Baby Angel is the name on a bank account at Compass Bank that has been set up for donations.
TIPS: Police have set up a 24-hour tip line at (877) SOLVAPD.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:974703559&start=3

***AWWwwwwwwww!! Baby 4x4 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009, 08:27:31 PM »

Maybe this child has been with someone and he died within the last 24/48 hours when he was found..doesn't meant that that is when he went missing....
I just don't get this...I think that Tracygirl could be onto this child being from Mexico or somewhere else..very strange that no one has come forward to suggest that it could be a family member who they have not seen or heard from in awhile...

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 12:16:25 AM »

Maybe this child has been with someone and he died within the last 24/48 hours when he was found..doesn't meant that that is when he went missing....
I just don't get this...I think that Tracygirl could be onto this child being from Mexico or somewhere else..very strange that no one has come forward to suggest that it could be a family member who they have not seen or heard from in awhile...
I looked on the map that nut4  4x4 posted on the forum, oh what is it called, It has all the amber alerts on it. Anyway, there was a 4 year old boy taken by his mother in TX, it doesn't say what he looked like though, but did say the boy was taken from the mom because of abuse.

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/021509/loc_388070871.shtml this is the original story about this. I cannot find a pic, where should I look?

There is also another missing child in New Mexico, but it is brothers. Michael and Jordon Johnson. They have been missing since 1/19/09 from Truth or Consequences, NM there is no other information listed on them.

I would assume that LE looked into parental abuductions too?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 12:41:16 AM »

ugg sorry the brothers have been found and they were 12. I will look now for the tx boy. Sorry i though I had updated information. I must have been in the wrong section.

I just looked, there really isn't much information on the 4 year old, not even his name.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 07:42:03 AM »

I looked on the map that nut4  4x4 posted on the forum, oh what is it called, It has all the amber alerts on it. Anyway, there was a 4 year old boy taken by his mother in TX, it doesn't say what he looked like though, but did say the boy was taken from the mom because of abuse.

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/021509/loc_388070871.shtml this is the original story about this. I cannot find a pic, where should I look?

There is also another missing child in New Mexico, but it is brothers. Michael and Jordon Johnson. They have been missing since 1/19/09 from Truth or Consequences, NM there is no other information listed on them.

I would assume that LE looked into parental abuductions too?

good thinking Tracygirl....it could be the little boy who was taken by his mother....

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2009, 07:54:56 AM »

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - Albuquerque police have released an artist's rendering of the face of a boy whose body was found last week buried in the sand at an Albuquerque playground.

http://www.kvia.com/Global/story.asp?S=10392374&nav=AbC0

http://www.koat.com/
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 07:57:11 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2009, 08:04:33 AM »

Michael and Jordon Johnson were found safe.....
Missing boys found
Vanished from T or C home
Updated: Tuesday, 20 Jan 2009, 6:57 PM MST
TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES, N.M. (KRQE) - Two boys reported missing from their home early Tuesday have been found at an abandoned mining shack in the Caballo Mountains, New Mexico State Police reported late today.
Volunteer firefighters found the boys, Michael and Jordan Johnson, ages 12 and 8 respectively, about 5:30 p.m. The boys were reported to be tired but unharmed after walking 10 or 15 miles from their home in Truth or Consequences to the cabin. The boys apparently left home on their own, according to State Police. Additional details were not immediately available.
http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/crime_krqe_torc_missing_boys_200901201125

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 08:09:29 AM »

Some at HFTM are discussing this missing boy....
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/AmberExternalFCServlet?act=retAmberCase&amberId=6920
Missing Child 
Name:  James Ashley Harris
Missing From:  Statesville, NC
Missing Date:  05/11/2009 12:00 AM

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 08:41:05 AM »

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/AmberExternalFCServlet?act=retAmberCase&amberId=6920
Missing Child 

Nut...it could be this little boy! what do you think?
he does resemble the artist's rendering...look at the hairline, especially around the forehead/temple area...notice the slant/arch of the eyebrows.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2009, 10:07:58 AM »

Thanks for all the info, I think he could be the little boy found.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2009, 11:34:45 AM »

Missing Child 

He does look much like the artists sketch, all the way down to the ears.  How tragic.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2009, 12:03:01 PM »

Uggg I saw that little boys missing poster and was going to post it but thought it  was too far. I just had a feeling. This little boy looks like the sketch..

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2009, 01:36:00 PM »

It is a long haul from NC, but not impossible. I do think it looks like him. One thing that keeps throwing me off is his race. Missing boy James is Afric./Americ. and I have it in my head the boy found in the sand box is Hispanic. I just don't know. I am still leaning toward a Mexican child...

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2009, 02:05:11 PM »

Yes they did say Native American or Hispanic.

Any information on this boy?

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/021509/loc_388070871.shtml
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2009, 06:53:48 PM »

Albuquerque Journal (New Mexico) 
May 20, 2009 Wednesday 

Cops Get Leads On Child's Identity

Police now have an idea of what "Baby Angel" probably looked like. And they're getting close to giving him a real name, too.

Investigators said Tuesday that they have several promising leads on the identity of the boy found buried last week in a thin layer of sand underneath an Alvarado Park swing set.

Investigators declined to go into detail, but police Tuesday released a computerized artist's rendering of the boy, which was produced using photographs of his body.

Local artists couldn't sketch the boy's face because of the condition of the body. His body had been there for about 48 hours, and high temperatures and the sand contributed to decomposition and made it difficult for artists to sketch his face.

"This photograph is pivotal," Police Chief Ray Schultz sa id. " T he whole th ing revolves around getting him identified."

Since the boy's discovery Friday, investigators have received more than 60 tips, mostly from people saying they haven't seen someone else's child in days. Police were able to locate those children in each case.

Investigators also have spent hours going through surveillance video taken from grocery and video rental stores and the federal courthouse, where people reported seeing a boy matching the description. So far, they have come up empty, but investigators have yet to go through all the video.

"We have been going through hours upon hours of tape," Schultz said. "There are a lot of people trying to do the right thing by calling us with anything and everything, which is fine. We would rather have something to work with rather than nothing at all."

For days, the only strong lead police had was the boy's clothing. The clothes - a red shirt with a monster truck, black running pants and Skechers shoes - are older designs that have been discontinued. Investigators have been to homeless shelters and used retail outlets to see if anyone recently sold or gave away clothing similar to what the boy was wearing.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is sending retired police detectives to Albuquerque to assist in the investigation. The retired cops will help canvass the neighborhoods and take tips from a 24-hour telephone hot line set up by Albuquerque police.

Police are operating under the theory that the person who buried the boy had an emotional connection to him, and his death could have been an accident. No one had reported a missing boy matching that description, and preliminary autopsy results have been inconclusive.

But police said someone cared for him. For example, he was wearing socks, his shoes were double-knotted, and his clothes were clean and colorcoordinated.

"Whoever was responsible for this child will have the answers we need," Schultz said. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:975306274&start=5

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.