April 27, 2024, 06:23:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #820 6/10/09 - 7/13/09  (Read 420929 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1260 on: June 28, 2009, 07:09:30 PM »

Good evening Dear Monkeys. 

GabbyG, pick the Tylenol that tm put out there for you----It gets better the longing you read.   an angelic monkey

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1261 on: June 28, 2009, 07:10:41 PM »

Good evening Dear Monkeys. 

GabbyG, pick the Tylenol that tm put out there for you----It gets better the longing you read.   an angelic monkey

Correction:  should be "longer".

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1262 on: June 28, 2009, 09:00:58 PM »

6/27/2009 Awe Mainta Page 7

http://awemainta.com/home/

Papiamentu translation:

meeting urgente of vigilancia of district pos chiquito y sabana broom!

is calling meeting of caracter of urgencia of "vigilancia of bario" of pos chiquito y sabana broom for tuesday now day 30 of june 2009 for 7.30 pm of night at club universal at pos chiquito.e preocupacion is big in district for cu ladronicia cu is tumando lugar y give animo at the miebronan of "vigilancia of bario" cu is controlando the barionan.e police of district for pos chiquito y sabana broom sr h. eights will is present at the meeting here for splica of his trabao in we barionan.abo because; inhabitant of district can trece do you preocupacion also front for her police of district for her can atende or the can pase for her instancianan concerni for atende do you preocupacion! all inhabitant is stay invita for tuesday now day 30 of june 2009 for 7.30 pm atende the meeting of suma importancia for we follow cuida we barionan for of hand of the ladronnan without escrupulo cu is kitando the trankilidad in we barionan. all inhabitant cu still not owing to atende none meeting till stay cordialmente invita also paatende the meeting here cu is important for come cu idea y strategia for we can follow cuida we barionan.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1263 on: June 28, 2009, 11:00:11 PM »

In Texas, the "Castle Law" is in effect. If someone is "breaking and entering" you can blow them away with no "questions asked". Our cime rate is down considerably! 

That's the way it should be!There is absolutely NO reason to be on another person's property..........

Exactly!  Texas got that right!   

Now,only if Washington could follow that lead!Our state is azz backwards.There is a gray area in our state.You can't shoot someone unless they are posing great bodily harm.If they come into your living room and are stealing stuff you theoretically just can't go out there and shoot them...They've got to be posing a threat..I've seen people go to trial because they shot a burglar in the back??? Go figure...

When I was at home and my dad would have to go out of town for a few days, he would tell me if anybody was prowling around the house go ahead and shoot em and drag em inside and swear they were trying to attack me!

Monkey Devil!

Hi texasmom and Monkeys!! I dont post often but have read every day since the first week Natalee went missing. I found texasmom's and Wreck's posts interesting because I also live in Texas (about an hour from Dallas) and had an interesting and informative conversation with a neighbor quite a few years back who was a police officer. My ex worked second shift and kept a 22 pistol in our bedroom should we have an intruder. The policer officer told my ex to get me a larger caliber pistol, and then told me that if I had to shoot someone to make sure they were dead as the intruder (back then) could file charges on me for attempted murder while I could only file charges for B&E! An interesting side note, my ex and I belonged to a gun club and were competitive shooters in Texas and Oklahoma, so like texasmom, I am no stranger to guns and would not be afraid to use one, and with my shooting experience I would most likely hit what I was aiming at, especially an intruder at close range.
Anyway, I found these posts interesting and wanted to comment. Wreck, Im glad to know the law has changed, the police officer back then had advised me to shoot an intruder even if outside and then drag him inside and claim bodily threat towards me. I live alone since my divorce quite a long time ago but my children don't worry about me because they know my ability with a gun, and they know my thoughts on shooting an intruder. The officer told me that day that if someone is trying to come in who was not invited, obviously he is not there for any good reason. Also, when learning to shoot MANY moons ago I was taught that whenever I picked up a gun I should do so with the intent to use it...which the police officer also told me that day we had the conversation.
Sorry for the O/T but these posts were interesting and I just wanted to comment.

Also, I am not in the current Natalee thread often because I made a project out of going back and re-reading the Natalee threads starting with thread # 750! It has been a very interesting read to say the least, although very time consuming. I am on thread # 795 now, a long way to go but I couldn't stop now even if I wanted to! Puts a lot of things in a clearer and fresher perspective.
Hugs to all Monkeys, and thank you for your determination! This case screams for us to never give up!
Hi Gabby! The "new" Texas law is absolutely why the 2nd Amendment to the Constituition was made.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1264 on: June 29, 2009, 12:32:51 AM »

I think SS just came to her senses, unlike some others
It`s also possible that she is more informed

bastibro

Again I ask.

What does one have to do or ... who does one have to be ... to be afforded the honor of being one of the "informed"?

Janet

bastibro

Who "informed" SS and caused her to backtrack and ... once again climb upon the John Silvetti and CAPS bandwagon?

Janet

++++++++++

NOVEMBER, 2008

SS
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #775 11/16/08 thru
on: November 17, 2008, 08:32:15 PM 

Monkeys - Kyle said that he discovered the trap on the screen very early Christmas morning.  That's when Tim said  "it looks like a skull".  The contents of the trap were cleaned on January 7th.  Persistence continued to use side scan sonor to map the ocean floor well into February.  Now how could they justify all of those extra weeks of searching for a missing American woman if they had already found her in the beginning of January?  They also needed to get our focus off of Persistence and the ocean search.  Viola!  Caps enters the picture to tell us about Manserat Pond.  The picture of the cage was never supposed to be released and I'm sure that caused big trouble.  All of the evidence disappeared.  The fabric sent to Quantico wasn't Natalee's blouse.  There wasn't anything else in the cage - it was just a coconut or a piece of coral.  Back to the ocean search for Peristence so that they could continue with the grids and their non profit search.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4129.msg546635#msg546635

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1265 on: June 29, 2009, 12:35:29 AM »

GIVE HER BACK!

SS - how bout I expose you?

Kermit

What is the holdup?

Janet

BUMPED

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1266 on: June 29, 2009, 12:39:53 AM »

Page 229/230:
  As I read on in the journal, I discover that one of the most moving entries is her desription of a hero.  Natalee writes:

A Hero is someone who puts others before himself.  He or she is very selfless and cares about the well-being of others.  Heroes also accept life's challenges and remain strong through tough times.  They also have a strong sense of determination and stick to goals and morals.  I believe that heroes uphold morals and try to encourage others to live life morally correct.  Heroes are not only just people called in times of physical danger, but individuals that can both emotionally and physically help people get through rough times.  A hero should always show respect for other people as well as respect for himself.

Instantly I realize that Natalee is poignantly describing the people who have reached out to help her family get through this "tough time."  It's almost as if she is thanking everyone herself by recognizing the importance of selfless people.  And I am amazed at her profound words here.  I sit and read the entire journal ...

_____

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1267 on: June 29, 2009, 01:05:59 AM »

JUSTICE WILL COME

JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED

NATALEE HOLLOWAY WILL LIVE ON....

GOODNIGHT & GOD BLESS

KTF

an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1268 on: June 29, 2009, 01:13:17 AM »

Good Night Monkeys!  Good Night Zookeepers!

Janet
10:15 PM PT

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1269 on: June 29, 2009, 01:17:57 AM »

JUSTICE WILL COME

JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED

GOODNIGHT & GOD BLESS

KTF

an angelic monkey

Good night and God bless you too, KTF!  Very nice work!   an angelic monkey

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1270 on: June 29, 2009, 01:18:24 AM »

Good Night Monkeys!  Good Night Zookeepers!

Janet
10:15 PM PT

Good night Janet!   

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1271 on: June 29, 2009, 01:34:43 AM »

JUSTICE WILL COME

JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED

GOODNIGHT & GOD BLESS

KTF

an angelic monkey

Good night and God bless you too, KTF!  Very nice work!   an angelic monkey

Thanx TM..GoodNight to you,as well as Janet! an angelic monkey

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1272 on: June 29, 2009, 01:50:29 AM »

http://awemainta.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=642:interpol-ta-kere-cu-e-ta-na-aruba-famia-di-kamelya-mirza-bagher-naderi-kier-sa-di-su-paradero&catid=11:local&Itemid=56

Papiamentu translation:

interpol is believe cu the is at aruba family of kamelya mirza bagher naderi wanted know of his paradero

sunday, 28 june 2009 23:01

for several day end is tratando of achieve contacto cu the child muher here that probably will is scondi at aruba cu yudanza of conocirnan. is deal here of kamelyn mirza bagher naderi of 24 year. his family is tratando via all medio for achieve contacto cune y cos is bayendo enough far end. even is being talk cu peter de vries will owing to being notifica. first cu the asunto here become one "media circus" cuerpo of police of aruba is ask cooperacion of prensa local for ask the child muher menciona for as meld his self at one keep of police or ask cooperacion of the comunidad for if they look at the child muher here for they take contacto cu cuerpo policial. peticion of his buskeda owing to enter via interpol. kamelya, as the is being calling have 24 year of edad, of one estatura of 1.60 metre, cabey blond cu eye bruin. según police of noord-holland-noord, the lady here was at aruba, cu one amigo, but after of one quarrel the will have to owing to trip. one month happen, still the had contacto cu one brother man of dje at the netherlands y still 10 day happen, kamelya had one contacto telefonico y past owing to tell cu the is kedando at some conocir of dje at aruba. after of this, none person not owing to hear nothing more of the child muher here. kamelya mirza bagher naderi, de facto is procedente of iran. as menciona, the have cabey blond largo y is flaco. the have one tatoo of barbulet at his barica y have one piercing at his lombrishi. always the have one candena of gold view cu his name graba on dje. esnan cu can know algo of kamelya, take contacto cu police of immediate. police does not for history ripiti style natalee. come across

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1273 on: June 29, 2009, 02:02:35 AM »

6/29/2009 Awe Mainta Front Page & Page 3

http://awemainta.com/home/

Papiamentu translation:

interpol is believe cu the is at aruba
family of kamelya mirza bagher naderi wanted know of his paradero

for several day end is tratando of achieve contacto cu the child muher here that probably will is scondi at aruba cu yudanza of conocirnan. is deal here of kamelyn mirza bagher naderi of 24 year. his family is tratando via all medio for achieve contacto cune y cos is bayendo enough far end. even is being talk cu peter de vries will owing to being notifica. first cu the asunto here become one "media circus" cuerpo of police of aruba is ask cooperacion of prensa local for ask the child muher menciona for as meld his self at one keep of police or ask cooperacion of the comunidad for if they look at the child muher here for they take contacto cu cuerpo policial. peticion of his buskeda owing to enter via interpol. kamelya, as the is being calling have 24 year of edad, of one estatura of 1.60 metre, cabey blond cu eye bruin. según police of noord-holland- north, the lady here was at aruba, cu one amigo, but after of one quarrel the will have to owing to trip. one month happen, still the had contacto cu one brother man of dje at the netherlands y still 10 day happen, kamelya had one contacto telefonico y past owing to tell cu the is kedando at some conocir of dje at aruba. after of this, none person not owing to hear nothing more of the child muher here. kamelya mirza bagher naderi, de facto is procedente of iran. as menciona, the have cabey blond largo y is flaco. the have one tatoo of barbulet at his barica y have one piercing at his lombrishi. always the have one candena of gold view cu his name graba on dje. esnan cu can know algo of kamelya, take contacto cu police of immediate. police does not for history ripiti style natalee.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1274 on: June 29, 2009, 03:17:15 AM »

http://tinyurl.com/msx29p

Recent photograph of the 24-year Kamelya Mirza Bagher Naderi

Kamelya Mirza BAGHER NADERI (female)

Place and date of birth: Iran, 1984

Away since: Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Last residence: Aruba, Netherlands Antilles

Appearance:  Long blond curly hair, brown eyes, dark complexion, slim stature 1.60 m, of butterfly tattoo on the belly and navel piercing. Kamelya wears a gold chain with her name.

Wanted by: Third parties

Additional info:
Since Tuesday, May 12, 2009, the 24-year Kemelya Mirza Bagher Naderi missing. She stayed with a friend on Aruba but left after a quarrel.  On May 12 she had contact with her brother in the Netherlands and later there is a telephone contact with a friend on Texel.  She gave in to friends to stay in Aruba.

Missing Poster:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1275 on: June 29, 2009, 04:26:30 AM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1276 on: June 29, 2009, 09:31:18 AM »

Nah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Say it ain't so!?!?!!?!?

Ponson - the guy Aruba coined the "Ponson rule" for................back (still) against following the rules?!?!

Gee - I sure do wonder if Joran (who was released by a judge citing the Ponson rule) doesn't ever, ever get himself into trouble for Aruba's efforts and support of him.  And I hope he can make them proud by maintaining excellent behavioral and moral standards.

Oh wait - he already screwed that up.  With a prostitution/human trafficking scheme in Thailand.  With suckering a man on the internet out of $$, and with on-line gambling.

Good job Aruba!!  Your soft "laws" and judicial decisions are sure turning out some winners from your island!

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_58791.php

Pitcher Sidney Ponson suspended for doping

27 Jun, 2009, 14:33 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
  Print this article

Sidney Ponson

ORANGE CITY - The Aruban baseball player Sidney Ponson (32), the international baseball federation for two years suspended for doping. The pitcher for Kansas City Royals in March during the World Baseball Classic, caught on the use of the banned stimulant phentermine, an appetite inhibitor.

The Dutch team which Ponson threw then, during the world tournament was a surprisingly good impression. Shortly after he signed a Minor League contract with Kansas City Royals. He would in time also in the Major League could work.

Ponson is injured on his right elbow, an injury he suffered in May. He may, however, for the U.S. team to come out. The U.S. baseball federation follows the guidelines of the International andidopingbureau WADA condemns not a player in the case of a first offense to a fine and a medical examination.

According to the agent of the ballplayer Ponson swallowed the drug to lose weight. "The medicine was prescribed by a doctor," said the manager of Kansas City Royals, Trey Hillman to AP news agency. "He had all the party is aware that he swallowed it and it was good."

Ponson made his debut in 1998 in the U.S. Major League. He played including Texas, New York Yankees, Baltimore, San Francisco and this year for Kansas City. His best season was in 2003.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1277 on: June 29, 2009, 09:37:05 AM »

I just shake my head at this.

Many of us were screaming CORRUPTION starting 4 years ago.  We saw it, we still see it.  That the PG would say Aruba's corruption is "not excessively high" should really grab the attention of all the people who, 4 years ago and forward from there, were arguing left and right that there was NO CORRUPTION ON ARUBA.

Those people should really stand up and take notice of what Aruba's own PG is now, FINALLY, admitting.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_58790.php

Google translation:

Aruba

Aruba denies problems with police and court

27 Jun, 2009, 14:28 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - "The tone is arrogant. The letter also breathes pretend as if knowledge of the facts are considered. Not at all, this is the case. "" That letter uses vague and made no factual foundation. "The two letters from the reign of the First Lady and Second Chamber demonstrated an unfortunate lack of understanding of facts."

Here are some sentences from the letters of Aruban authorities who responded to the letter from the Dutch State Secretary for Kingdom Relations, Ank Bijleveld-Schouten (CDA) on May 25 on the state of governance in Aruba in the Dutch parliament. Prime Minister Nelson Oduber has personally handed over during the lightning visit of the Secretary of State last Monday to Aruba. The State could not yet respond. "Try again in a few weeks," said its spokesman.

The letters were also sent to the First and Second Chamber, the Vice-President of the Council of State and the Aruban parliament. These are six letters in June prepared by the Attorney-General (PG), the chief of police, the head of the National Investigation, Prison Service, aliens IASA organization and the Registry of the Court in First Instance.

Corruption
PG Rob Pietersz emphasized in his letter to the Netherlands he was earlier in this newspaper said: "The declarations in respect of corruption are not excessively high. That is exaggerated. Accordingly, there are many more reports in the Netherlands in corruption cases. "Most cases are prosecuted and the guilty to trial, which the PG is shown that the mechanism of prosecution work. And there is no reason to say that the prosecution is not "appropriate" function. The PG and the head of the National Criminal cases are not left as a result of understaffing. "There is in the last four years a small number of major corruption investigations to the National Recherche dedicated, additional human resources required," said the head of the rechercheteam. This was the team co-operation of other services. Early this year, two investigators
attracted.

Court
State Secretary Bijleveld, in its letter and also that of February 23 to the Lower House expressed its concerns about the functioning of justice in Aruba. This view from above in the 'difficult' Notice of Aruba to the improvement of the Common Court of Justice. And also that our country against the concept rijkswet CRWH for the new organization of the Court after the disintegration of the Netherlands Antilles.
This will include the land registries no services anymore. Aruba, who like the Court is sitting here, has now decided that the registry service remains a country. The Registry of the Court in First Instance reacts to this by stating that the CRWH an elaboration of the 2005 opinion established by the Court. Aruba is not a contribution when requested and not to the resulting plan. Furthermore, the court in recent years the organization's management to improve and optimize to. The training of staff, better staff organization, administration and ICT. The annual report of the Court of 2007, according to the court that the Aruban court is not bad. The judges appear per person double the number of cases to handle than, for example, judges in Curaçao, which also deal with the affairs of Bonaire. "If the higher appeals included is the production per court 100 percent higher than in Curaçao," said the clerk, according to whom the results thus partly thanks to the support staff. The court says that there is indeed still need improvements, but called the statement of the Secretary of State - on the difficult Aruba to improve the necessary improvements by the short turn.

Police
The Netherlands believes that the government here does little to the improvement of the Aruba Police Corps, which results from the 2006 protocol concluded between the two countries to facilitate. This is slow progress. Also because there is a large and under the Corps does not always supported by other government, which is needed for projects to be implemented. The chief does not believe that the Government or Minister of Justice does not want to invest in the Corps. He recognizes that not all red tape 'promote' is: "But many countries suffer from." Also, he declared by the staff stop by the government, not all vacancies can be filled. Chief Peter de Witte decision letter with a number of positive developments. As an increase of 40 percent of the number of minutes compared to 2006 and that crime rises less than other countries in the region.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1278 on: June 29, 2009, 10:58:23 AM »

Nah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Say it ain't so!?!?!!?!?

Ponson - the guy Aruba coined the "Ponson rule" for................back (still) against following the rules?!?!

Gee - I sure do wonder if Joran (who was released by a judge citing the Ponson rule) doesn't ever, ever get himself into trouble for Aruba's efforts and support of him.  And I hope he can make them proud by maintaining excellent behavioral and moral standards.

Oh wait - he already screwed that up.  With a prostitution/human trafficking scheme in Thailand.  With suckering a man on the internet out of $$, and with on-line gambling.

Good job Aruba!!  Your soft "laws" and judicial decisions are sure turning out some winners from your island!

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_58791.php

Pitcher Sidney Ponson suspended for doping

27 Jun, 2009, 14:33 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
  Print this article

Sidney Ponson

ORANGE CITY - The Aruban baseball player Sidney Ponson (32), the international baseball federation for two years suspended for doping. The pitcher for Kansas City Royals in March during the World Baseball Classic, caught on the use of the banned stimulant phentermine, an appetite inhibitor.

The Dutch team which Ponson threw then, during the world tournament was a surprisingly good impression. Shortly after he signed a Minor League contract with Kansas City Royals. He would in time also in the Major League could work.

Ponson is injured on his right elbow, an injury he suffered in May. He may, however, for the U.S. team to come out. The U.S. baseball federation follows the guidelines of the International andidopingbureau WADA condemns not a player in the case of a first offense to a fine and a medical examination.

According to the agent of the ballplayer Ponson swallowed the drug to lose weight. "The medicine was prescribed by a doctor," said the manager of Kansas City Royals, Trey Hillman to AP news agency. "He had all the party is aware that he swallowed it and it was good."

Ponson made his debut in 1998 in the U.S. Major League. He played including Texas, New York Yankees, Baltimore, San Francisco and this year for Kansas City. His best season was in 2003.

I agree Jen!  Interesting that he is only suspended from International play for two years, this doesn't affect his status in MLB!  Looks like that POS gets yet another break!

http://www.bizofbaseball.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3364:sidney-ponson-banned-from-intl-play-tests-positive-for-stimulant-during-09-wbc&catid=30:mlb-news&Itemid=42

Written by Devon Teeple     

Saturday, 27 June 2009 14:44 

Sidney Ponson of the Kansas City Royals tested positive for a stimulant taken during the 2009 World Baseball Classic. Ponson will now face a two-year suspension from International competition.

It has been reported that the substance that Ponson tested positive for is Phentermine, an appetite suppressant to help reduce weight in excessively overweight patients. Ponson has been known to battle weight issues on and off over the course of his major league career.

Ponson who is currently on the disabled list with a strained pitching elbow is the second Major Leaguer who has been banned by the IBAF. According to the Kansas City Royals GM Dayton Moore, this has no effect on his status with the team. "It was a diet pill under the prescription of a doctor and [Ponson] was very forthright and made the testing body aware of what he was taking," Moore said, "so we were aware of this a long time ago."

Chicago Cubs catcher Geovany Soto was the other player recently banned by the IBAF, due to a positive test for marijuana, and like Ponson, will not face suspension from Major League Baseball. Ponson who’s positive test was for Phentermine, will be treated as a first time offender under the MLB Drug Prevention and Treatment Program but will be subject to a fine and review.

Ponson’s agent commented on the situation, "During the offseason, Sidney consulted with a physician about weight loss and was prescribed a common appetite suppressant. Under the belief that this was sufficient, he did not seek further authorization, which he now understands would have been granted. Notably, Sidney voluntarily disclosed the use of the appetite suppressant at the time of testing. Nevertheless, Sidney accepts the penalty imposed even though he certainly was not seeking to enhance his performance nor does anyone involved in the matter believe so."

Ponson who was signed as a free agent by the Royals after the WBC on March 17, currently has a 1-5 record and is on a rehab assignment with the Royals Triple-A affiliate Omaha Royals.

Maury Brown contributed to this article

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great article about "Sir Sidney"   

http://sportsimproper.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=701&Itemid=37

SIR SIDNEY PONSON: ROYALTY? OR A ROYAL PAIN IN A**?  Inside Sports 

Tuesday, 27 January 2009 

By Mike Marzano

Features Editor
SportsImproper.com

Sidney Ponson is a classic example of why we should all raise our children to be pitchers. Rotund and unkempt, yet rich thanks to more than $24 million in big league contracts, Ponson will apparently have a job in Major League Baseball as long as his arm doesn’t fall off.

He has a career record of 90-106 with a bloated ERA of 4.95. He’s
had only one good season -- 17-12 in 2003. He obese at 6-foot-1 and 260 pounds (allegedly), apparently enjoys knocking back a few cocktails and going for drives, and once beat up a judge. Wow, that’s the singles ad from Hell --and yet Major League clubs keep calling.

When teams need pitching – six big league teams have, not to mention the Orioles and Yankees two times each – they call Big Sid. Based on this premise, hospitals should put a baseball in a baby’s hand as soon as they come out of the womb. We have no choice but to believe this, considering that Ponson is continually ineffective and frequently on the wrong side of the law but keeps signing lucrative contracts to play the highest level of professional baseball.

Oh, and by the way, he’s royalty. That’s right, royalty, like Queen Elizabeth minus the beer gut. Following the 2003 season, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands made Ponson, who was born in Aruba (which is a territory of the Netherlands), a knight, albeit a chubby one. Officially, he is a Knight in the Order of Orange-Nassau. Here’s hoping Queen Beatrix never has to make a decision that matters.

The good news is that if you want your child to grow up to be a knight or a baseball player, you don’t have to reinforce the concepts of morals, good behavior or sensible eating. Sidney Ponson has given parents around the globe that kind of hope and flexibility.

Now 32 years old, Ponson keeps finding work, although at this writing he remains a free agent. It’s only a matter of time, though, before some baseball executive takes the wrong pill and bellows to an intern, “Get Ponson on the phone!” In 2008 Sir Sid showed flashes of relevancy by going 4-1 with a 3.88 ERA in nine starts for Texas, but the Rangers eventually released him for not playing nice. Texas general manager Jon Daniels told the Dallas Morning News that "(Ponson) had disrespectful and adverse reactions to situations that were unbecoming of a teammate."

No problem. Ponson went from the stifling heat of Texas to the warm embrace of the Bronx. The Yankees picked him up fore the second time and threw him some big bucks only to be rewarded with a 4-4, 5.85 ERA performance in 15 starts.

Mediocre pitching has been the least of the Aruba native’s troubles in recent years, however. His rap sheet has been the bigger headache.

On Christmas Day, 2004, Ponson was arrested and charged for beating up an Aruban judge after a drunken incident involving his powerboat. Reports that all that the judge wanted for Christmas was his two front teeth back went unconfirmed.

Ponson spent 11 days in jail for his judicial smackdown, although the charges were eventually dropped. He had to pay restitution, perform community service – we hear he’s good with kids as long as there’s an ice cream truck nearby – and donate to various charities in Aruba.

Just two weeks later, Ponson was arrested again, this time for drunk driving in Broward County, Florida. Later that same year, Ponson was arrested yet again, this time near downtown Baltimore, for driving while impaired. In this instance he spent five days in the Baltimore City Jail, causing the Orioles to void his contract via the morals clause.

If images of a despondent Cal Ripken rocking back and forth and muttering in a low tone, “That isn’t the Oriole way,” are dancing through your head, it’s understandable.

No, it wasn’t the Oriole Way, a concept involving hard work and blah, blah, blah that Ripken’s late father, Cal Sr., concocted back when Ford station wagons were cool.

It was the Ponson Way -- but who are we to argue with royalty?

Last Updated ( Friday, 30 January 2009 ) 

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1279 on: June 29, 2009, 11:09:34 AM »

Yep - he's a gem, isn't he?

And did you read between the lines about his Aruba charges being "dropped"?

All he had to do was grease the pockets of a few for that to happen - ie, "donate to charities"

Aruba's judiciary at it's finest.

On second thought............................Joran still takes the cake as that example. 

I wonder what "charities" Paulus donated to in late summer/early fall 2005?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.