April 27, 2024, 11:29:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #820 6/10/09 - 7/13/09  (Read 421055 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1740 on: July 07, 2009, 05:53:16 PM »

7/6/2009 Aruba Today Page 6

http://www.arubatoday.com/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&book_id=3

Freddy (top center pic)

Also on Page 7 is a pic of Freddy. Looks like he has a new bartending job...

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1741 on: July 07, 2009, 06:02:18 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_59229.php

Google translation:

Aruba

UNICEF: Tsunami of violence in region

7 Jul, 2009, 14:34 (GMT -04:00)

UNICEF Director Nils Berg cabinet

ORANGE CITY - During the visit of UNICEF Regional Director Nils Berg cabinet, the Swede for his concerns about the apparent increasing violence in the region where children suffer from it. This' tsunami of violence "as he describes, does not begin on the street, says Berg cabinet. "It starts primarily at home and at school, just two places that offer children protection."

Berg cabinet for the second time in a short time in Aruba to raise the rights of the child as in international treaty of the United Nations is established. The Convention for 20 years and the UNICEF Director for Latin America and the Caribbean is particularly strong for more coordination in the region of children. Exchange of information and cooperation in the implementation of the CRC are high on his agenda. Aruba doing it well. Infant mortality is one of the lowest in the region. Yet not everything is in order. Namely the lack of data on other areas to make a comparison, says Berg cabinet. "Maybe that information is there, but it is not structured and through a channel available."

An increase in violence in the region should stop everybody, not just a government contribution, says the UNICEF Director. "It is a change of mentality." Education plays an important role in preventing children victims of violence or crime in the world brings. Wardrobe Berg believes that risk behavior of young people especially can be eliminated, if the kids have fun at school. Teachers play a very important role and it must also take responsibility, he says: "Sometimes creating teachers on how many students they have to remain seated. But imagine that a doctor would. That this opschept on how many patients he has not healed. You can imagine what the reaction will be. "

At the end, the community is always the bill, even if the rights of the child to ignore, so concludes cabinet Berg. He is therefore convinced that the implementation of the CRC is ultimately cheaper for the whole community. Thus he explains that not every child goes to school, risky behavior may be present and even in crime can arrive. The costs to the community will ultimately be higher than for example the introduction of education, says cabinet Berg. Aruba know as one of the few countries in the world, no schooling. The argument of the government for years that the first cross, such as adequate funding and bemensing, need to be introduced before the school can be.

Last Friday, UNICEF said the Director, the Aruban Committee on the progress of the implementation of the CRC report, with politicians and NGOs. Political parties were in any case that the importance of children an equal place in society to award their own party interests rises. A national plan for this land would soon have to come, will find other Ady Thijsen group of ruling party MEP. Wardrobe Berg emphasizes that the conventions for children and also the recent convention for people with disabilities are only the beginning. "If we talk about human rights, then we're not talking about the ceiling, but the establishment of a soil, a floor."

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1742 on: July 07, 2009, 06:05:07 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_59230.php

Google translation:

Aruba

Three years required for extortion 2.5 tonnes

ORANGE CITY - The Public Prosecutor (OM) demanded last Friday, three-year unconditional imprisonment of the suspects Oduber and Calderon. The pair is suspected of extortion of the family Van der Kuyps. The duo tried the family by means of threat, intimidation and violence to 250,000 florin cheated.

The two, according to Justice in the period from 27 February 2009 to 14 March 2009 relatives of the deceased lawyer Van der Kuyps threatened. Also they have used violence in order to obtain 2.5 tonnes. During a phone call would have demanded money and threatened: "If not, then there blood flows." Evidence of the threat was delivered by a more recording on the answering machine of the family. Here was a threat to voice the family would be slightly affected if they do not pay. " Writing was squeezed off the family to pay 250,000 florin. Finally, the police appeared to have made recordings of telephone threats.

Both suspects tried to blame each other in the shoes and refused to move the other as' mastermind '. It is now up to the court to determine the truth. According to Calderon, he called on the widow of instruction Oduber. It's to scare. Oduber Calderon maintains that he had ordered so no. He stated that he was good friends with the deceased Van der Kuyps and that they were business partners. Van der Kuyps has him 'to choke' and now there are creditors looking for him. According to Van der Oduber Kuyps 60,000 florin him guilty. In addition, creditors of Van der Kuyps now Oduber knock. "While I know nothing." According to the family Oduber lying and he knows very well what is going on. "

The Court saw in the statement of the suspect enough reason to be very angry, and want the money back. The threat of the family is unacceptable according to the court and provides a lot of fear and unrest. Thus we find the family on the advice of the police for some time hiding in a hotel. They also require reimbursement of hotel costs of the two. This represents more than 3,000 florin. "We have no more peace", so let the family Van der Kuyps know. The judge is ruling on July 9.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1743 on: July 07, 2009, 06:08:08 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_59227.php

Google translation:

Aruba

Unclear conclusion Valero

7 Jul, 2009, 14:29 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - It is still not clear when exactly the cessation of the activities of the Valero refinery begins. According to several American publications, including The San Antonio Express, the conclusion has now begun. But both the local spokesman for Valero, Mariane Arends-Croes, Bill Day, head of media relations for Valero if no specific information. "I have not received notice that it would start today," said Croes, while Day refers to previous statements of the company, which says that the shutdown at the beginning of this month started and in the same month will be complete.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1744 on: July 07, 2009, 06:12:05 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_59228.php

Google translation:

Aruba

Director Elmar: No friction with staff

7 Jul, 2009, 14:29 (GMT -04:00)

Director Robert Henriquez Elmar morning denied the allegations of union UEA.

ORANGE CITY - The newly launched Elmar Director Robert Henriquez held a press conference this morning in which he denies that there is a conflict between him and the staff of the utility.

Coby Geerman President of UEA union had about a dictatorship since the arrival of Henriquez. The Director would be a long time do not want to table with the union. According to Henriquez these allegations are not correct. "I talk regularly with my work and am also planning to once a month in the field visits to go, so to see where everyone is just dealing. For employees to get to know. The relationship between the staff and me is very good. "The new director is also Geerman can not judge because the union president is not" on a daily basis' in the business. Moreover, Geerman three weeks on vacation. Henriquez came on June 1 in service as director.

Last week there was unrest among the staff of the Energy and members of the union electricians (UEA). A checkout assistant had committed fraud and was fired. Members but also non-members of the union did not agree with this dismissal. Last week said President of UEA, Coby Geerman that he is not human to find someone in this way to dismiss. "The checkout assistant did not agree to defend," said Geerman.

Director Henriquez said then: "I am special to the plant in San Nicolas went to the personal assistant to answer them. Also, I had all the evidence with me to show that this person had money stolen. This allowed me to see and then the employee is dismissed. "

Henriquez said to understand that this person has a family he must maintain. "But it was the employee rather than have to think before they took the money away." It goes to an amount of 1900 florin. The employee was fraud from the beginning of this year. The employee stole money from customers who had paid their current account. "I find it unfortunate that it has expired and that this means someone already lost twenty years in service for Elmar," said Henriquez.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1745 on: July 07, 2009, 06:14:58 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_59225.php

Google translation:

Aruba

Five years in prison for stabbing down with scissors

7 Jul, 2009, 14:27 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - Eric de Cuba was Friday sentenced to five years in prison for attempted murder. At the end of last year he tried with a scissors to a man's life to. The Public Prosecutor (OM) had seven years in prison and demanded compensation.

The victim was 279 florin assigned.

The put Cuba in December 2008 a pair of scissors in the throat of the victim. This came this close to life. A piece of the scissors was found and seized as evidence. Although Cuba initially denied responsibility and then claimed by drugs and alcohol 'are nothing of the incident to remember, do DNA research that the perpetrator was. De Cuba, known as a drug addict, had argued for a lower sentence. He would kick and before two years in the Dominican Republic to stay.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1746 on: July 07, 2009, 06:16:38 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys

For the most part ... I will be off until next week.  Family wedding this weekend and ... relatives from out of town are beginning to arrive today.

Janet
6:30 AM PT

Have a good one Janet.  Enjoy the wedding and the relatives.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1747 on: July 07, 2009, 06:17:35 PM »

The Pimps always have to have someone available to drug their victims...Looks like Freddy stepped up to the plate.It's One Sick Island i tell ya... 

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1748 on: July 07, 2009, 06:20:32 PM »

Goodnight.  I'll see you later.

Cajun Miracle, I see you up there....hope all goes well with your daughter's surgery. 

Thanks 2MJ. I'm leaving late tonight for her hospital, a few hours away. We'll know late this afternoon, what time is the surgery. Anyone want to dogsit all of my dogs?

OH MY Sh#T!! I checked musings and I'm in shock.    What's wrong with people??

Hey, Hotping & Wreck, We started getting rain last night and it hasn't stopped yet. Yipppeeee!!    It's been in the 70s all day and such a relief. 100s in June are NOT our norm.

Question?? Do hospitals have wireless access? Don't do much traveling and I could bring my laptop.

BRING Natalee home!!!!!!!

Will say a special prayer for your loved one.  It is scary to have to have that kind of surgery but it is also extremely amazing what modern medicine can do today compared to just 10 years ago. 

Hospitals  usually do not allow even a cell phone on in the hospital.  But while waiting in the waiting room for my sisters operation I did use the cell phone but turned it off when I stepped outside that room

Good luck and will be be thinking of you and your daughter.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1749 on: July 07, 2009, 06:23:22 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_59223.php

Google translation:

Aruba

Brothers tackle knife from drunk man

7 Jul, 2009, 14:24 (GMT -04:00)

SAN NICOLAS - In one of the apartments of the Jaracomplex in Savaneta last Friday was a cross party place. Agents found the 43-year-old A. C. with injuries to his chest. He had two sons of his neighbors had fought with him. C. refused to have anything to say. The agents then went to talk with buurjongens J. D. (21) and J. D. (20). This indicated that C. drunk and under the influence of drugs with a knife and walked out was that it sticker he had been arrested. Another witness knew their story to confirm. The ambulance was called and C. was taken to the medical center in San Nicolas for his wounds to treat. Of the agents gave him the advice to contact the police, should he wish to return.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1750 on: July 07, 2009, 06:23:41 PM »

The Pimps always have to have someone available to drug their victims...Looks like Freddy stepped up to the plate.It's One Sick Island i tell ya... 

Or,maybe the elders know they can count on Freddy to supply them with drugged women.......Just sayin.What say you Paulus?

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1751 on: July 07, 2009, 06:24:05 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_59229.php

Google translation:

Aruba

UNICEF: Tsunami of violence in region

UNICEF Director Nils Berg cabinet

ORANGE CITY - During the visit of UNICEF Regional Director Nils Berg cabinet, the Swede for his concerns about the apparent increasing violence in the region where children suffer from it. This' tsunami of violence "as he describes, does not begin on the street, says Berg cabinet. "It starts primarily at home and at school, just two places that offer children protection."

Berg cabinet for the second time in a short time in Aruba to raise the rights of the child as in international treaty of the United Nations is established. The Convention for 20 years and the UNICEF Director for Latin America and the Caribbean is particularly strong for more coordination in the region of children. Exchange of information and cooperation in the implementation of the CRC are high on his agenda. Aruba doing it well. Infant mortality is one of the lowest in the region. Yet not everything is in order. Namely the lack of data on other areas to make a comparison, says Berg cabinet. "Maybe that information is there, but it is not structured and through a channel available."

An increase in violence in the region should stop everybody, not just a government contribution, says the UNICEF Director. "It is a change of mentality." Education plays an important role in preventing children victims of violence or crime in the world brings. Wardrobe Berg believes that risk behavior of young people especially can be eliminated, if the kids have fun at school. Teachers play a very important role and it must also take responsibility, he says: "Sometimes creating teachers on how many students they have to remain seated. But imagine that a doctor would. That this opschept on how many patients he has not healed. You can imagine what the reaction will be. "

At the end, the community is always the bill, even if the rights of the child to ignore, so concludes cabinet Berg. He is therefore convinced that the implementation of the CRC is ultimately cheaper for the whole community. Thus he explains that not every child goes to school, risky behavior may be present and even in crime can arrive. The costs to the community will ultimately be higher than for example the introduction of education, says cabinet Berg. Aruba know as one of the few countries in the world, no schooling. The argument of the government for years that the first cross, such as adequate funding and bemensing, need to be introduced before the school can be.

Last Friday, UNICEF said the Director, the Aruban Committee on the progress of the implementation of the CRC report, with politicians and NGOs. Political parties were in any case that the importance of children an equal place in society to award their own party interests rises. A national plan for this land would soon have to come, will find other Ady Thijsen group of ruling party MEP. Wardrobe Berg emphasizes that the conventions for children and also the recent convention for people with disabilities are only the beginning. "If we talk about human rights, then we're not talking about the ceiling, but the establishment of a soil, a floor."

Ya know, I am getting very tired of listening to these people talk about violence.  Why don't someone just do something about it and shut up.  I have an idea, they can start by doing something about Natalee Holloway.  I think that is a good starting point.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1752 on: July 07, 2009, 06:32:08 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_59222.php

Google translation:

Aruba

Depressive brother threatened with knife

7 Jul, 2009, 14:22 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - Friday police were out to Piedra Plat, where a man his sister was threatened with a knife. M.L. (41) expressed its deep concern to the agents who had been severely depressed because her brother RL (31) with a knife started to swing. The day before he would have tried to commit suicide. The agents tried to talk to the man, but just wanted them to say that he has no problems with the police. Then he is in his room. The agents were no different than the family members to advise professional help.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1753 on: July 07, 2009, 06:36:41 PM »

AMEN, tell it like it is KTF and Blue Moon!   

Monkey Devil!

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1754 on: July 07, 2009, 06:53:59 PM »

Monkey Devil!

Do you want me to go get my song?   

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1755 on: July 07, 2009, 06:57:32 PM »

Monkey Devil!

Monkey Devil!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1756 on: July 07, 2009, 06:59:35 PM »

7/7/2009 Aruba Today Page 2

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1757 on: July 07, 2009, 07:08:22 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_59118.php

Oprah’s husband helps Curaçao-youngsters

4 Jul, 2009, 10:32 (GMT -04:00)

Email dit artikel 
 Print dit artikel 

WILLEMSTAD — Stedman Graham, the husband of the American television hostess Oprah Winfrey, will visit Curaçao this autumn for an empowerment-seminar for youngsters. The event is an initiative of ‘DutchVersity’, an organization, which rather considers cultural diversity within a community as a change than a problem. The organization also wants to help find employment for youngsters in cooperation with a number of companies, and has a scholarship for two youngsters.

By our colleague
Otti Thomas

DutchVersity, founded by the 23-year old Dionne Abdoelhafiezkhan, has already been successful in the Netherlands. By means of a magazine, a radio program, and various events, the message is broadcasted that the Netherlands has become prosperous, thanks to an attitude of tolerance and nerve. According to the organization, that attitude has unfortunately changed into an attitude of intolerance and anxiety for other cultures. Sportsmen/sportswomen, business people, and persons from the entertainment sector, such Jorgen Raymann, have meanwhile joined DutchVersity. There is also the cooperation with the Martin Luther King Jr. Foundation. The Mayor of Amsterdam, Job Cohen, received a Martin Luther King Award from DutchVersity last year; the first one awarded outside the United States. He received this in view of his attempts to reconcile various cultures. According to Ron Abdoelhafiezkhan, who is also involved with the organization as the founder’s father, DutchVersity chose for Curaçao as too many Antilleans consider themselves second-class citizens in the Netherlands, which is partially due to unilateral news coverage in the media. “We must breach this, as the Netherlands could become a kind of South Africa. The image is also misperceiving as many people from Curaçao are of course successful, but one must not wait for assistance from the government. This will not happen”, says Aboeldhafiezkhan. “The Netherlands offer many opportunities if you believe in yourself, and employ your chances and qualities.”

Open for others
DutchVersity will announce its message on Curaçao in the same manner as the Netherlands, namely through a seminar, performances, and cooperations with companies. Stedman Graham was not chosen as speaker because he has been Oprah Winfrey’s steady partner for the past twenty years. Graham is a successful executive and author. His latest book ‘Diversity-Leaders not Labels’, states that people opening themselves up for others, will be more successful than people stigmatizing others.

DutchVersity has also approached various companies, amongst others UTS, with the purpose to seek jobs for unemployed youngsters on Curaçao. The scholarships are for the prestigious Nyenrode University in the Netherlands, and the Emory University in the American state Atlanta. During the next days, it will eventually become clear on which dates the activities of DutchVersity will take place, but this will probably be towards the end of September, beginning October.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1758 on: July 07, 2009, 07:13:15 PM »

I know the translated version of this was posted, but I thought the English version was worth a repost!

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_59070.php

Relation with the Netherlands reaches lowest point

3 Jul, 2009, 14:10 (GMT -04:00)

Email dit artikel 
 Print dit artikel 

ORANJESTAD — The smiling faces of State Secretary Ank Bijleveld-Schouten (CDA) of Kingdom Relations and the Aruban Premier Nelson Oduber on Aruba last week Monday, appeared cosmetic. The State Secretary admitted to the Lower Chamber yesterday, that the relation between both countries is very bad. She stated this during the deliberation with the permanent Chamber Committee of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruban Affairs (NAAZ). The process of dismantlement of the Netherlands Antilles and the other political reformations were evaluated during this deliberation. The World Broadcast announced that the Chamber-members expressed their concern about the situation between the Netherlands and Aruba, and what the island would still expect from the Kingdom. They are concerned about the feasibility of the final date, which the Dutch government determined for the dismantlement of the Antilles. Bijleveld supports these concerns even more, since the Aruban Parliament introduced a vote of no confidence against her on June 1st. “I am concerned about the reliability of the democracy and the constitutional state.”

Furthermore, she considers the manner in which the Aruban politicians talk about their Dutch colleagues, as ‘entirely inappropriate’. For that matter, it appears that this feeling is mutual in view of last week’s letter from the Minister Plenipotentiary Frido Croes to the Chairman of the Lower Chamber, where he complains about the conduct of the two Dutch parliamentarians. The later had called the Aruban Premier an untrustworthy governor, respectively one of the largest criminals of the island. Yesterday, Bijleveld stated that the investigation on the governing of Aruba is essential. “A number of matters simply require improvement.” The relations have worsened to such an extent, that the Chamber-members actually wonder what Aruba wants from the Kingdom, and Bijleveld agrees by stating: “To be honest, at times I also wonder about that”. In addition, the State Secretary is of the opinion that the September elections on Aruba will also influence the unpleasant atmosphere. During last week Monday’s lightning visit, it seemed that both members of government mutually agreed on the collective approach to improve the democracy and the constitutional state. It soon appeared that there was uncertainty about their individual understanding of this approach. Barely a day later, Dutch Minister of Internal Affairs and Kingdom Relations Guusje ter Horst (PvdA) announced that an investigation on possible corruption and misgovernment on Aruba would be carried out, with or without the cooperation of the Aruban government. This week, the State Secretary confirmed this decision was once again. She also indicated that the National Council of Ministers would enforce such if the worst came to the worst.

A fresh start
With regard to the investigation on corruption, government party MEP mainly reproaches the Dutch politicians with colonialism. Opposition parties on the contrary are unanimously jubilant about such an investigation, though the MEP is not thanking them for that. The yellow party has often called the opposition parties ‘collaborators’. AVP-leader Mike Eman pleaded for a fresh start in the Kingdom Relations. “That Chamber-members and the Dutch government judge and report on the Aruban government in such a manner, is actually evidence of an extraordinary poor relation between these two parts within the Kingdom. This worries me. This is not in the interest of Aruba. Eman is talking about the lowest point in the relations. “Oduber did not invest much in the relations with the Netherlands. Blackmail was of the order of the day.” AVP considers it ‘entirely unrealistic’ to think that Aruba can do without the Kingdom. “AVP also does not want that; our future is a joint future.”

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1759 on: July 07, 2009, 07:13:39 PM »

Monkey Devil!

Only if a dance comes with it!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.