April 26, 2024, 10:45:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: International View - "Italy approves harsh anti-immigration bill "  (Read 1539 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 18, 2009, 09:09:06 AM »

EUOBSERVER / BRUSSELS – The Italian lower house on Wednesday (13 May) approved legislation which criminalises irregular immigration, sets up citizen anti-crime 'patrols' and sentences landlords to up to three years of prison if they rent to undocumented migrants.

The legislation, which still has to be approved by the Senate, makes entering or staying in Italy without permission a crime punishable by a fine of €5,000 to €10,000.

Mr Berlusconi seems determined to stick with the vote-bringing anti-immigrant policies, however. In defence of his new bill he said that he does not support a multi-ethnic Italy.

"The left's idea is of a multi-ethnic Italy. That's not our idea, ours is to welcome only those who meet the conditions for political asylum," he told a news conference last weekend.

http://www.dzeno.cz/?c_id=18338

In my mind, the U.S. already is multi-ethnic.  The only people who may not look like us will probably come from outer or inner space.

The illegal immigration debate in the U.S. reminds me of debates over the years regarding welfare.  Some states were generous, others not so much.  The generous states often became magnets for people looking for more money.

In the U.S. today, illegal aliens come to the U.S. looking for money and welfare.   Citizens and those here legally don't qualify for all these programs.  It's the illegals that get the gold mine, citizens get the shaft and bill to pay for it all.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »

Will the U.S. get tough on illegal immigration?  Build a better fence?  Require the use of E-Verify for jobs and voter registration?  Implement the "The Real ID Act of 2005"?

When will America start working for Americans?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.