April 19, 2024, 09:06:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #16 6/03/09 - 6/26/09  (Read 289055 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 20, 2009, 02:57:25 PM »

Keep Hope Alive for Haleigh

[/quote]
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 04:45:59 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 09:10:16 PM »

May we get some news about Haleigh before this thread ends...........

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 09:10:18 PM »

an angelic monkey
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 09:13:14 PM »

April 6, 2009

This press release is in response to the Sunday, April 5, 2009 Florida Times Union article on the Haleigh Cummings case.

The headline of the article was "Family Feud Takes Focus off Search for Haleigh." Both Ronald Cummings, the father of Haleigh, and Crystal Sheffield, the mother of Haleigh, were blamed equally.

The reporter for the Florida Times Union failed to give a proper perspective on this issue.

A few facts need to be clarified:

1. It was Crystal Sheffield who chose to launch a Department of Children and Families (DCF) investigation about Ronald Cummings, as part of preparation for a custody battle over Ronald Cummings, Jr., rather than focus on the search for Haleigh.

2. Crystal Sheffield got attorney Kim Picazio from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to represent her. Attorney Picazio has been on television at every opportunity seeking publicity for herself and about family law issues.

3. Attorney Kim Picazio has admitted on television that the so-called investigator William E. Staubs, who refers to himself as "COBRA," is a personal friend. Cobra arrived in PutnamCounty from Ft.Lauderdale shortly after Haleigh went missing and has been feeding information to Picazio and some media.

4. Ronald Cummings had to obtain legal counsel in self defense of the public allegations by Sheffield-Picazio, and also regarding Sheffield-Picazio allegations to DCF.

5. That Kimball & Snider, P.A. only got involved in this case on March 18, 2009, approximately five weeks after Haleigh went missing. Our initial press release (a copy of which follows) of March 19, 2009, in paragraph three (3) stated that Sheffield-Picazio allegations about family law manners were detracting from the search for Haleigh.

6. That Kimball & Snider, P.A. got involved in this case because Ronald Cummings, at the urging of a family member, called our Palatka office. Palatka is about five miles from Satsuma where Ronald resided.

7. Kimball & Snider, P.A. has responded through press releases to rebut and correct Sheffield-Picazio allegations. We have not appeared on national tv or even given any interviews to local media.

8. Kimball & Snider, P.A. has provided information on a confidential basis to DCF and Putnam County Sheriff's Office (PCSO) about this case, and will continue to act responsibly to assist DCF and PCSO.

Greg Kimball, T. Jerry Snider

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:bM2EqTLWWQIJ:www.findhaleighnow.com/press2.htm+putnam+county+florida+dcf&cd=30&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 09:14:41 PM »

Keep Hope Alive for Haleigh

[/quote]

Thank you Muffy!

Heart
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 09:15:16 PM »

Well, I made it....

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 09:18:41 PM »

Can someone explain to me just how these S/O ankle bracelets work???  I am interested in hearing about the monitoring in certain areas and how far they are allowed to roam.  Can they go anywhere, and then be in a certain radius by a specific time.

Thanks, as his has been buggin' me.

Also, just read that due to whatever reasons, the Rumor thread on WS, will be shut down tonight at midnight, will reopen when and if there is a move in the case. 

jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 09:42:12 PM »

Can someone explain to me just how these S/O ankle bracelets work???  I am interested in hearing about the monitoring in certain areas and how far they are allowed to roam.  Can they go anywhere, and then be in a certain radius by a specific time.

Also, just read that due to whatever reasons, the Rumor thread on WS, will be shut down tonight at midnight, will reopen when and if there is a move in the case. 

Electronic Monitoring

In most cases, U.S. probation and pretrial services officers use electronic monitoring in supervising persons placed under home confinement. The individual wears a tamper-resistant transmitter on the ankle or wrist 24 hours a day. The transmitter emits a radio frequency signal that is detected by a receiver/dialer unit connected to the home phone. When the transmitter comes within range of the receiver/dialer unit, that unit calls a monitoring center to indicate that the person is in range, or at home. The person must stay within 150 feet of the receiving unit to be considered in range. The transmitter and the receiver/dialer unit work together to detect and report the times the person enters and exits his or her home. They do not tell where the person has gone or how far he or she has traveled.

The Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts contracts with an electronic monitoring company to provide equipment and around-the-clock electronic surveillance to U.S. probation and pretrial services offices nationwide. The company's monitoring center provides daily reports that document program participants' activities 24 hours a day. It also tracks all key events and reports them promptly to the officers who supervise persons on home confinement. Key events include unauthorized absence from home, failure to return home after an authorized absence, and leaving home early or returning home late.

Key events also may be triggered by equipment malfunctions, tampering with the equipment, and loss of electrical power or phone service. Participants must notify officers immediately if they lose electrical power or phone service, if they remove the transmitter because of an emergency, or if they experience any problems with the monitoring equipment.

Who Participates?

Officers screen defendants and offenders to determine eligibility for the home confinement program. Certain categories of serious or repeat offenders are not allowed to participate. Prior criminal record, history of violence, and medical and mental health conditions and needs are factors that officers carefully consider. Previous failures on supervision, risk to the public that the person presents, third-party risk (such as previous incidents of domestic violence in the household), and the person's willingness to participate are considerations as well.

The residence and telephone service also influence the decision. The cooperation of all occupants of the home is essential. The person in the household who subscribes to phone service must be willing to allow the phone to be used for electronic monitoring purposes, which places restrictions on access to the phone and on special features such as call waiting.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 09:43:52 PM »

I'll add to that (Maybe it's because of the lack of information from LE, but somehow Haleigh has been forgotten, IMO. Her mom and dad and extended family are bashed to the moon and back everyday. I know she'll never read this, but it still bother's me.

Our integrity has been lost here. Some of you probably don't know what I'm referring to, but the majority of you do know. WS is about sleuthing cases to help. Not hurt. I just don't feel I can support the direction this thread and the behind the scenes threads have taken.)   WS will lose a lot of people over this, more than likely, but that's there business.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 09:54:13 PM »

How Does a GPS Ankle Bracelet Work?

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4965552_gps-ankle-bracelet-work.html

How effective are ankle bracelets in preventing crime?

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/102706/met_5839060.shtml

Prisoner on ankle monitor skips town

Fifty-one-year-old Charlie Lee Thomas of Punta Gorda was supposed to go to prison for five years. Instead, he let the battery on his GPS ankle monitor run down and skipped town. Now there's only one other person with a GPS monitor in Charlotte County. There have only been four ever, the Charlotte News reports. Authorities have been looking for Thomas since July 19. An official with the company that administers the ankle monitors for the county says this is the first time in his five years with the company that anyone has run away.

August 22, 2007 in Bizarre, State | Permalink

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:BOP5ykp7TIIJ:blogs.tampabay.com/breakingnews/bizarre/index.html+GPS+ankle+bracelet+to+monitor+putnam+county+florida&cd=17&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 10:15:22 PM »

Putnam County Sheriff's Office Warrants Section

CUMMINGS,DAVID STEVEN    W   M   4/6/1974   LARCENY

DAVID  STEVEN  CUMMINGS
PALATKA,  FL
Booking Date & Time: 4/14/2009 12:45:21 AM  - Booking#: 09-01489
Release Date & Time: 4/14/2009 3:05:09 PM
DOB: 4/6/1974 -  RACE: W  -  SEX: M
Charges       Misd/Felony   Degree   Bond   Bond Posted
812.014-3a   LARC PETIT 1ST OFF   M   S    $504.00    4/14/2009 2:56:19 PM
812.014-2c6   VEH THEFT GRAND 3RD DEGREE   F   T    $1,004.00    4/14/2009 2:56:52 PM
817.61-   FRAUD-ILLEG USE CREDIT CARDS USE MORE 2 TIME 6 MS OBT GDS MNEY 100 DOL MORE   F   T    $1,004.00    4/14/2009 2:57:07 PM
                $2,512.00    

http://public.pcso.us/pubwarrants/warrants_srch_s.aspx

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 10:18:53 PM »

CUMMINGS,BOBBY EDWARD JR    W   M   3/9/1985   PROBATION VIOLATION

http://www.pcso.us/warrants

Heart
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 10:36:29 PM »

Thanks  for the information on the bracelet, Jules... snipped...for the post.

When the transmitter comes within range of the receiver/dialer unit, that unit calls a monitoring center to indicate that the person is in range, or at home. The person must stay within 150 feet of the receiving unit to be considered in range. The transmitter and the receiver/dialer unit work together to detect and report the times the person enters and exits his or her home. They do not tell where the person has gone or how far he or she has traveled.

So according to the above, they must remain within 150ft. of the unit.  It detects when they enter or exit their home.  It does not tell where THE PERSON HAS GONE...OR HOW FAR HE OR SHE HAS TRAVELED.

So, just what does this prove.  Take Timothy Loucakis or Kyle John's for examples...two S/O from Putnam, Satsuma.   Suppoedly that they( or one of them) had been detected that they were at home...then left their home to Green....there is no way that PCSO can say that they know where they are.

Maybe I am confusing myself, but I just do not see where this is a SOUND SYSTEM TO SAY THAT THEY WERE AT HOME AND HAVE BEEN CLEARED.

Back to my thoughts again, maybe Misty traveled to their residence. 

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 10:41:38 PM »

Hi,

Another nosey site.....still looking. Who mat I ask is Bobby Edward Cummings? Sorry I must have been living in a cave,
I missed this Cummings.

http://dockets.justia.com/search?query=squires&search=Search&stateorcourt=state-fl&lawsuittype=&documentfilter=allcases&cases=mostrecent&min-day=1&min-month=1&min-year=2004&max-day=3&max-month=6&max-year=2009

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 10:42:08 PM »

This guy is finally behind bars....will post more on him later.

REYES, MAURICIO DEJESUS

Booking Number: 09023639
Race: White
Date of Birth: 12/12/1964
Last Known Address: XXXX Xavier Ct, Orlando, Fl 32826

Cell: MPOD-E
Date Booked: 05/18/2009
Time Booked: 12:56am
Number of Holds: VICTIM HOLD

Notes: None

Charges

Case Sequence: 545
Case Status: Presentenced
#Bond Amount: 0.00
Police Case Number: n/a
Court Location: CIRCUIT
Arresting Agency: Orange County Sheriff Office
Charge/Court Case Number: Burglary Of Dwelling W/assault Or Battery
Note: Icjis Affidavit, Original Charge(s): Burglary To Occpd Dwelling With Battery // Kidnap Of Person Un
Case Sequence: 546
Case Status: Presentenced
#Bond Amount: 0.00
Police Case Number: n/a
Court Location: CIRCUIT
Arresting Agency: Orange County Sheriff Office
Charge/Court Case Number: Kidnapping A Child Under The Age Of 13

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/bailbond/default.asp?REDID={AD575B0E-5FA8-447E-B8CE-432A446BF855}&BookNumber=09023639&ID=3779723403755 (BBM)

mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 10:43:32 PM »

April 6, 2009

This press release is in response to the Sunday, April 5, 2009 Florida Times Union article on the Haleigh Cummings case.

The headline of the article was "Family Feud Takes Focus off Search for Haleigh." Both Ronald Cummings, the father of Haleigh, and Crystal Sheffield, the mother of Haleigh, were blamed equally.

The reporter for the Florida Times Union failed to give a proper perspective on this issue.

A few facts need to be clarified:

1. It was Crystal Sheffield who chose to launch a Department of Children and Families (DCF) investigation about Ronald Cummings, as part of preparation for a custody battle over Ronald Cummings, Jr., rather than focus on the search for Haleigh.

2. Crystal Sheffield got attorney Kim Picazio from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to represent her. Attorney Picazio has been on television at every opportunity seeking publicity for herself and about family law issues.

3. Attorney Kim Picazio has admitted on television that the so-called investigator William E. Staubs, who refers to himself as "COBRA," is a personal friend. Cobra arrived in PutnamCounty from Ft.Lauderdale shortly after Haleigh went missing and has been feeding information to Picazio and some media.

4. Ronald Cummings had to obtain legal counsel in self defense of the public allegations by Sheffield-Picazio, and also regarding Sheffield-Picazio allegations to DCF.

5. That Kimball & Snider, P.A. only got involved in this case on March 18, 2009, approximately five weeks after Haleigh went missing. Our initial press release (a copy of which follows) of March 19, 2009, in paragraph three (3) stated that Sheffield-Picazio allegations about family law manners were detracting from the search for Haleigh.

6. That Kimball & Snider, P.A. got involved in this case because Ronald Cummings, at the urging of a family member, called our Palatka office. Palatka is about five miles from Satsuma where Ronald resided.

7. Kimball & Snider, P.A. has responded through press releases to rebut and correct Sheffield-Picazio allegations. We have not appeared on national tv or even given any interviews to local media.

8. Kimball & Snider, P.A. has provided information on a confidential basis to DCF and Putnam County Sheriff's Office (PCSO) about this case, and will continue to act responsibly to assist DCF and PCSO.

Greg Kimball, T. Jerry Snider

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:bM2EqTLWWQIJ:www.findhaleighnow.com/press2.htm+putnam+county+florida+dcf&cd=30&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

You know the oddity of this situation with Kim.  I cannot  find a specific date that Cobra entered into this case.  Now, with  kim first of all she was recommended by Cobra,  and.. now this is the oxymoran,  She was recommended to Crystal, and Cobra talked to kim and had her agree to talk to  Crystal and possible represent Crystal  with the Media issues Not, the child custody, Media. And when she is hired and goes public.. suddenly it is a child custody issue..  Not sure who hired her for that.  Now, we had a question about the cousin that reported to Kim and Crystal about the physical abuse toward Haleigh during a visit by Ron and Misty.  Still scratching my head on that one.  Ron and Misty were visiting Crystal's cousin when this occurred.  There are issues somewhere in the beginning that they did manger to keep quiet.  Another thing, kim's interview with NC and was using the references to Haleigh as past tense, when NG ask her about that.. She just openly responded with Haleigh no longer has Physical problems.   You have to admit that is a harsh statement.   Then I thought wait a minute, she is involved in initiating searches, donations for materials to search for Haleigh.. Helping promote that Haleigh is a living child that needs to be found, and she makes the statement that leads the world to believe that Haleigh is no longer alive..

"Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men", John Steinbeck
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 10:46:58 PM »

More on Mr. Reyes

This guy has a history of taking little girls out of their homes and trying to rape them. He was not listed on Florida's SO Registry. He was caught after going into home and taking a 4 year old child. Have they established his alibi for when Haleigh went missing? Has he been to Satsuma? Are they looking at him at all as a possible POI in her disappearance? If not, they should be.

ORLANDO -- Orange County deputies revealed shocking new details in the attempted kidnapping of a 4-year-old girl Thursday.

A sex crimes investigator said Mauricio Reyes, 46, broke into the girl’s home through the sliding back door, grabbed the girl, bound her with duct tape and then took her to the garage.

Reyes then took a pair of her mother’s high-heeled shoes from a closet near the garage before locking the girl in the garage with him.

~snip~

Neighbors News 13 spoke with said he has a wife and children, but they rarely saw him, saying he normally would come home in the middle of the night.

~snip~

Back in 2007, authorities said Reyes did the same thing, except the girl was 8 years old. She screamed and her mother ran him off.

He also has a history of prowling and loitering. Authorities said he would masturbate in front of people’s windows.

http://cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/...of_girl_4.html

Orange County investigators said a dark-haired man broke into a home in the Andover Cay subdivision in east Orange County early Thursday while the family inside was sleeping.

The girl's parents awoke about 4:30 a.m. when they heard her scream. The man had grabbed the child from her bed and taken her into another room. Her father chased the intruder, who escaped out a window.

Detectives said they think the break-in, which occurred through a window, was sexually motivated.

A 7-year-old boy was sleeping in another bedroom.

http://mobile.orlandosentinel.com/in...eed:i=46977751

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 10:48:19 PM »

snipped..mlee...

She just openly responded with Haleigh no longer has Physical problems.   You have to admit that is a harsh statement.   Then I thought wait a minute, she is involved in initiating searches, donations for materials to search for Haleigh.. Helping promote that Haleigh is a living child that needs to be found, and she makes the statement that leads the world to believe that Haleigh is no longer alive..

Kim was not the only one that used the past tense words for Haleigh..
The Cummings have and it make you wonder.. What do they know ? 
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 10:58:10 PM »

The following is from the link that heart posted earlier.  There are different types of monitors...Helps to clarify a bit for me.  But I am not totally convinced that these are 'foolproof'.

The acronym "GPS" stands for global positioning system, which is based on a satellite signal. There is a type of GPS that is used in the criminal justice field. It is in the form of an ankle bracelet that gets attached to an offender to track his whereabouts in a designated area. Ankle bracelets are usually used with pre-trial offenders who are out on bond and waiting for their final case. They also are used to monitor people who are out on parole. They are used to cut down on prison populations.

Active

One type of GPS ankle bracelet is called an active unit. When an offender wears this type of bracelet, she has little chance of getting far from acceptable areas because the data is collected is in almost real time. It is bounced down to a secure website from the satellite, and officers can get the location of the offender almost immediately.

Passive

A passive GPS unit works a little bit differently. In this case, the offender's data is stored throughout his daily activities. He then comes home and places the unit in a docking station. This is also called a charging station. It gets plugged into a power outlet and the offender's home phone line. The officers then evaluate the data through the secure website to see where the defendant was through the course of the day.

Data Collection

The data that is being collected is based on of a few different variables. In both types of units, locations on a map are plotted out. The data is then based on of these points. The offender's direction, traveling speed, time of day and date are all monitored.

Zones

Another feature of the ankle bracelet is that it tracks various zones that an offender is allowed to travel. Inclusion zones are allowed and exclusion zones are not. Exclusion zones include areas where a victim might work, live or spend a lot of time. If an offender happens to enter an exclusion zone, the officers notify the victim that she is there or they actually go right to the location if necessary

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 11:01:34 PM »

Heart ~ You had posted a warrant for Amber Brooks a few days ago.  Is that still an active warrant???

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.