April 26, 2024, 06:40:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #133 5/26/09 - 5/29/09  (Read 313415 times)
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1440 on: May 29, 2009, 01:28:51 PM »

KIMMY53    yep, seems like they'd have to have lots of really nasty things brought out, which after seeing cindy in action, I'll bet theres plenty of incidents. Even her brother Rick's views could be thrown in, the secrets about Lee and probably lots more slore could come up with.
The thing that worries me, a technical mistake by prosecution or OCSD. Hope and pray that Lyons and Macaluso don't stumble on some obscure mistake. I'll go nuts if she gets off.
Bet cindy and george are scared for once. All their plans for scamming the world into thinking that they're righteous folks faced witha terrible tragedy might get thrashed if they take the abuse route.
Lyons likes the abuse route, they are going under.

You KNOW that Cindy is NOT going to go for that. She has her narcissistic self to protect. She will never admit to any abuse and will deny, deny, deny that George or Lee abused KC.

I have said from the beginning that George will go under the bus, but it looks now like they ALL will be there when those big wheels start rolling.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1441 on: May 29, 2009, 01:28:58 PM »

I worked for a DP attorney in Houston. He never really came into play until the penalty phase. He just didn't believe that humans had the right to kill another person.....he did believe in punishment and LWOP, in his opinion, was a much harsher punishment. We had many heated discussions over our differences of opinions on the subject. Unlike Lyons he did believe that some people were evil...but he also believed that sometimes people were indeed a product of their upbringing and environment...as I said, we had many heated discussions...he never changed my mind and I didn't change his.

I think for me is her attack on the DP in the first place, as to the "qualifiers" in this case. I find it repugnant that because her pal Ryan who gave the "yeah, ok, you can all go free" on his way out the door, and declared a moritoreum on executions, she has to pad her resume by practicing in a state with different legislation. Make no mistake about it, she is here to legislate.
B
That's the agenda for a lot of people, a moritoreum on executions. I want to know how Ms Lyons got involved with this case?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1442 on: May 29, 2009, 01:29:55 PM »

KIMMY53    yep, seems like they'd have to have lots of really nasty things brought out, which after seeing cindy in action, I'll bet theres plenty of incidents. Even her brother Rick's views could be thrown in, the secrets about Lee and probably lots more slore could come up with.
The thing that worries me, a technical mistake by prosecution or OCSD. Hope and pray that Lyons and Macaluso don't stumble on some obscure mistake. I'll go nuts if she gets off.
Bet cindy and george are scared for once. All their plans for scamming the world into thinking that they're righteous folks faced witha terrible tragedy might get thrashed if they take the abuse route.

You KNOW that Cindy is NOT going to go for that. She has her narcissistic self to protect. She will never admit to any abuse and will deny, deny, deny that George or Lee abused KC.

I have said from the beginning that George will go under the bus, but it looks now like they ALL will be there when those big wheels start rolling.
I'm with you, they are all going under.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1443 on: May 29, 2009, 01:31:08 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/19600242/detail.html
Baez: Fight To Seal Jail Video Far From Over

Posted: 11:06 am EDT May 29, 2009Updated: 11:36 am EDT May 29, 2009
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, told a morning news program that his fight to stop the release of a jailhouse video is far from over.

The video shows Casey's reaction to learning that a child's remains had been found in a wooded-area on December 11. Baez is positive he can convince the court to make sure the public never sees the video recording.

"I think we have to get all of the facts in front of court. We've taken two depositions with both correctional officers who were there. Both of them had told us that what they did to her was cruel and unusual," said Baez.

Judge Stan Strickland delayed making a decision on the video at a hearing Thursday. The judge gave the media a week to decide whether they want to fight to get a copy of the jail video.

The jail has a week to respond to allegations it violated Casey's civil rights when it recorded her reaction to a child's remains being found.

Casey was charged with murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony, and Orlando prosecutors have filed notice they intend to seek the death penalty. Caylee Anthony disappeared last June and Casey Anthony has pleaded not guilty to her murder.

CASEY'S ATTORNEY SAYS VIDEO RELEASE WOULD BE "CRUEL"

Casey Anthony and her defense team were in court Thursday to ask Judge Stan Strickland to keep the public from seeing a behind the scenes video from the jail as she watched a WFTV news report that a child's remains, later identified as Caylee, had been discovered on December 11.

Circuit Judge Stan Strickland delayed a decision on whether to release the video, saying he wanted input from lawyers from media organizations before he rules.

Casey walked into the courtroom smiling at 10:05am Thursday, wearing a long sleeve blue shirt and striped gray slacks. Wearing her hair down, Casey smiled a few more times then turned serious as her lawyers spoke.

Casey's attorney told Judge Stan Strickland the jailhouse video should be sealed permanently because making it public would be "cruel" and "inhumane." However, Baez will get access to two private investigators and her family's phone records because they did not contest the motion.

Baez will not get the phone records from Casey's ex-fiancé, Jesse Grund, Casey's former friend Amy Huizenga and meter reader Roy Kronk, because they contested the motion to release the records.

Jose Baez may have tipped his hand on his defense strategy while fighting for access to the phone records of Casey's ex-fiancé.

"Mr. Grund was for all intense and purposes a suspect in this case," Baez stated in Court.

However, the sheriff's office never named Grund as a suspect in Caylee's disappearance or murder.

Kronk is the man who reported seeing a suspicious bag in a wooded area, which eventually was identified as Caylee Anthony's remains.

Kronk's attorney, as well as attorneys for the other witnesses, told the judge that the request was too broad and amounted to a "fishing expedition." The judge asked Anthony's attorneys to re-file their motion for the phone records so that the timeframe of the information they're requesting is more narrowly focused.

Cindy and George Anthony, along with their attorney Brad Conway, were in attendance. Kronk was also in the courtroom. Also in attendance were WFTV legal analyst Bill Shaeffer and Casey Anthony's new death penalty-qualified attorney Professor Andrea D. Lyon.

Casey's defense team argued that their client's rights were violated when she was videotaped. The video in question reportedly shows Anthony doubling over and hyperventilating after learning her daughter's remains were found as she watched Channel 9.

Defense attorney Todd Macaluso told the judge that releasing the surveillance video would violate Anthony's right to privacy since it was filmed while she was in a medical office at the Orange County Jail, seeking medical treatment. Anthony's attorneys have alleged that her jailers worked with the Orange County Sheriff's Office to have the television news on in the medical office so Anthony's reaction could be recorded.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office has said there was no orchestration with the jail.

"This is cruel. This is inhumane. This is illegal. This is
unconstitutional," Macaluso said. "This defies any common sense of what law enforcement should and should not do."

"Why is it so critical for Baez's team to keep that video away from the media? Well, the saying is, 'A picture is worth a thousand words,'" Eyewitness News legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said.

Baez claims the videotape was staged. He says Anthony was brought in front of the camera and told Caylee's remains were found just to see her reaction.

"Look, where is she? She's in jail. Does she have a right to privacy, in the jail? And the answer to that is no, she does not," Sheaffer explained.

Baez claims releasing the video could create more problems in getting a fair trail by tainting the jury pool.

Judge Strickland has to decide whether to accept Lyons as the death penalty attorney in the case.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1444 on: May 29, 2009, 01:32:47 PM »

Judge Strickland has to decide whether to accept Lyons as the death penalty attorney in the case.    Let's hope he doesn't accept her, but I'm sure he will.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1445 on: May 29, 2009, 01:33:20 PM »

I worked for a DP attorney in Houston. He never really came into play until the penalty phase. He just didn't believe that humans had the right to kill another person.....he did believe in punishment and LWOP, in his opinion, was a much harsher punishment. We had many heated discussions over our differences of opinions on the subject. Unlike Lyons he did believe that some people were evil...but he also believed that sometimes people were indeed a product of their upbringing and environment...as I said, we had many heated discussions...he never changed my mind and I didn't change his.

I think for me is her attack on the DP in the first place, as to the "qualifiers" in this case. I find it repugnant that because her pal Ryan who gave the "yeah, ok, you can all go free" on his way out the door, and declared a moritoreum on executions, she has to pad her resume by practicing in a state with different legislation. Make no mistake about it, she is here to legislate.
B

You may have just hit the nail on the head on this on Blink!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1446 on: May 29, 2009, 01:37:44 PM »

Judge Strickland has to decide whether to accept Lyons as the death penalty attorney in the case.    Let's hope he doesn't accept her, but I'm sure he will.

You are probably right.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1447 on: May 29, 2009, 01:38:40 PM »

I think so too.
Rolling back outside.BBL. 

~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1448 on: May 29, 2009, 02:11:05 PM »

Let's not forget other high-profile cases that ultimately failed when putting forward the "abuse excuse" one in particular comes to mind, the Menendez Brothers - no, they didnt get the DP but they are both serving life sentences regardless how strongly Leslie Ackerman waged a trial within a trial of the victims alleged abuse of the brothers.

This defense is not recognized in substantive law but has been used when presenting an insanity defense.   While it has been used to mitigate punishment it  fails to distinguish between the reasons why a person committed a crime and the responsibility for committing the crime.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1449 on: May 29, 2009, 02:22:30 PM »

Well, I am back and still no docs. I about killed myself too. The kitchen floor is sparkling, groceries are bought and put away, yard work is finished and no docs. I see NoRose  is here so I guess not hammer to the puter yet. Good.

I have taken the time to read about Ms.(??) Lyon myself, and I have no respect for a person that cannot look at the victim and feel compassion. To compromise your morals for the almighty buck  and to get some sleeze off because he had a bad life doesn't cut it with me. Yes, the guilty should have representation, but not to the point of totally dehumanizing the victim. There is something wrong in the head of a person that can do that. The guilty should be punished, not gotten off on a technicality. She can be anti-death penalty, but I believe she goes much further than this. I have seen big, tall, huge people who bully their way through life. We had that shock yesterday on facing her in the courtroom. I think she is as awful inside as she is on the outside.

On a side note, I have been wearing my hair pulled back off my neck since it has gotten hot. The sides are shorter and keep falling in strands around my face. I was considering getting some pins or barretts to hold them back. After the display yesterday of seeing barretts on an old bitty heifer like her, I will just let it strand down till it grows out enough.

I don't think Skanky is going to put up with Lyon until the trial even starts. She and pussface will tangle soon like two cats in a gunny sack.   Monkey Devil! 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1450 on: May 29, 2009, 02:24:40 PM »

Sunny, ALWAYS1, and probably almost every other monkey at SM, it would be devastating for kc to get off on any lesser offense or worst case scenario, off due to technicality.
The killer walks, everybody cashes in BIG TIME, and the innocent victim is forgotten, never to have justice.

My thoughts are really that there is no technicality and that kc will be punished, but now with a real atty on board, it's nerve racking.
                       an angelic monkey   Justice for Caylee

I believe the state has ample proof and evidence or they would not have brought back the DP.    They aren't stupid and they know the DP is difficult to get especially on a woman.....hell look at Susan Smith, Diane Downs and Darlie Routier...I know LP doesn't think so...he thinks they brought it back to get her to take a deal....SCREW THAT...no deals!!

Sunny, ITA they have enough evidence for the DP. I hope KC gets the DP just like Darlie Routier. They have tons more evidence on KC than they did with Darlie IMO. I hate her just as much as KC.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1451 on: May 29, 2009, 02:26:30 PM »

Let's not forget other high-profile cases that ultimately failed when putting forward the "abuse excuse" one in particular comes to mind, the Menendez Brothers - no, they didnt get the DP but they are both serving life sentences regardless how strongly Leslie Ackerman waged a trial within a trial of the victims alleged abuse of the brothers.

This defense is not recognized in substantive law but has been used when presenting an insanity defense.   While it has been used to mitigate punishment it  fails to distinguish between the reasons why a person committed a crime and the responsibility for committing the crime.

Completely off topic, but I always thought Ackerman was doing the nasty with one if not both, of the Menendez brothers, but that just me. 

Kinda sounds familiar though....... Monkey Devil!

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1452 on: May 29, 2009, 02:26:32 PM »

IA also. All or none are going under. Cindy's control issues, her constant tearing down slore's self esteem, her bringing a guy in the house to live recently ( if true) Lee's (question mark) sexual interest,  his problems growing up, i can't remember right now but didn't he have some medical prob that had big impact on family?  Then there's georgie, loser from getgo, violent temper ,  cheater, poor provider, bad role model, whatev
They all feed off of each other. Even Lee is back at home. This woulda been the best time in his life to step away from the madness, but nope, they all are tied up together. Lots and lots of ammo if they go that way.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1453 on: May 29, 2009, 02:30:06 PM »

I feel the same way.....I want her to suffer as I think Caylee must have. Obviously she adjusts well to jail and IMO would in prison as well. I want her to sit on death row and wonder WHEN she is going to die.

Those are precisely my thoughts as well Sunny!
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1454 on: May 29, 2009, 02:33:49 PM »

Found an article written many years ago about the new DP attorney for KC. The article is long and there are many interesting things regarding her career brought out. It is definitely worth the time it takes to read it. One quote in particular made me take notice. THIS WOMAN WILL DO ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING TO GET HER CLIENT OFF EVEN IF SHE HATES HIM. Also, she does not believe in pure evil.  Lyon has said that she doesn't believe in "pure evil," that for every violent crime there is a reason, "a dark and complex key out of the defendant's childhood."  And to answer that, to coin a NG phrase, I say BS!!!!

snipped

a man accused of raping his daughter.

"He was a hillbilly, and he had no idea why he was in jail," recalls Lyon's father. "He said to Andrea: 'She's my property, isn't she? If she's big enough, she's old enough.' This to my daughter, a committed feminist. There was steam coming out of her ears. She had to decide right then whether her job was to judge or defend. It was a key event for her. She decided he was her client, and she got him off. There was a technical error in the arrest. But she hated him. She couldn't look at him. I told her, in hunting, once a dog brings down its first prey, you say it's blooded. After that, she was blooded."   

http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/2005/11/behind_the_musi.html

I have been reading up on this woman also, and with what you posted, and what mizjay posted, I'm quoting one of your comments, mizjay. (If lyon's uses an accidental defense brought on by years of abuse of all kinds, there's going to have to be hours of grilling, I just don't think little prima donna is going to like it, nor do I think lyons will settle for only bozo to get the details and report back.)   Now this is my comment, Lyon's will do anything in her power to get Casey off, anything. Now, my concern is the comments Casey made about Lee's sexual advances. I have no idea if that is true or not, but it is out there for the world to read, Lyon, rest assured is going to use this. It will make no difference if Lee did this or not, and if Lee did anything else that a brother shouldn't do to a sister that will come roaring out. If Lee is innocent of this, I will feel sorry for him, I hate this kind of thing big time. Now, everything Cindy has done to Casey will also mold the defense, look the torment Casey had to take from her mom. George, boy oh boy, George, look out, I swear if you even looked at your daughter in a way a father should not look at their daughter......    This hippie chick is going to through the whole lot of them under the bus, and it will be ugly and messy. George and Cindy didn't look the way they did yesterday in court, for no reason.

NRCG   so true, every word you wrote. they are all in for a world of hurt.

I'll never ever understand that mentality of getting a murderer or rapist off just because they've hired you, where is the debt owed to society in general? Where is the responsibilty to future victims? Seems so wrong.

They all seem to have been born without a conscience.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1455 on: May 29, 2009, 02:34:43 PM »

IA also. All or none are going under. Cindy's control issues, her constant tearing down slore's self esteem, her bringing a guy in the house to live recently ( if true) Lee's (question mark) sexual interest,  his problems growing up, i can't remember right now but didn't he have some medical prob that had big impact on family?  Then there's georgie, loser from getgo, violent temper ,  cheater, poor provider, bad role model, whatev
They all feed off of each other. Even Lee is back at home. This woulda been the best time in his life to step away from the madness, but nope, they all are tied up together. Lots and lots of ammo if they go that way.

And don't forget the physical altercation Lee stated took place between Cindy and Casey the night of June 15th.

That one will likely play a very large role if Lyon goes in that direction with the defense.
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1456 on: May 29, 2009, 02:34:53 PM »

ot

PS sentenced to 19 years to life. So much for LKB doing anything besides costing the taxpayers the expense of a 2nd trial.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1457 on: May 29, 2009, 02:36:28 PM »

Sunny, ALWAYS1, and probably almost every other monkey at SM, it would be devastating for kc to get off on any lesser offense or worst case scenario, off due to technicality.
The killer walks, everybody cashes in BIG TIME, and the innocent victim is forgotten, never to have justice.

My thoughts are really that there is no technicality and that kc will be punished, but now with a real atty on board, it's nerve racking.
                       an angelic monkey   Justice for Caylee

I believe the state has ample proof and evidence or they would not have brought back the DP.    They aren't stupid and they know the DP is difficult to get especially on a woman.....hell look at Susan Smith, Diane Downs and Darlie Routier...I know LP doesn't think so...he thinks they brought it back to get her to take a deal....SCREW THAT...no deals!!

Sunny, ITA they have enough evidence for the DP. I hope KC gets the DP just like Darlie Routier. They have tons more evidence on KC than they did with Darlie IMO. I hate her just as much as KC.

me too JMS...they are both so alike.....they killed their children and no remorse, no conscience...both are EVIL

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1458 on: May 29, 2009, 02:39:37 PM »

Does anyone have the link to check on kc's visitors? I'd be interested to see if Lyons has ever visited with her in jail? Has she ever met her before yesterday? Also I am just darn right nosy!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1459 on: May 29, 2009, 02:41:57 PM »

Does anyone have the link to check on kc's visitors? I'd be interested to see if Lyons has ever visited with her in jail? Has she ever met her before yesterday? Also I am just darn right nosy!!

I thought Skanky looked shocked and intimidated when she shook her hand yesterday. I don't think she had ever laid eyes on her.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.