April 23, 2024, 04:49:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #133 5/26/09 - 5/29/09  (Read 313190 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #420 on: May 28, 2009, 08:30:44 AM »

You are welcome

I'm anxious to see the hearing this morning.I'm sure Baez will make an azz out of himself. 
Wouldn't it be great if we documents afterward?

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #421 on: May 28, 2009, 08:30:46 AM »

wonder how many cases she has actually won and lost
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

« Reply #422 on: May 28, 2009, 08:33:45 AM »

Hey Trim-
I have been lurkin'.  My real life has made it difficult to post much.
I am so ready  for this show to just get on the road. 

We could learn a lot from crayons...

some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #423 on: May 28, 2009, 08:36:23 AM »

Professor Andrea D. Lyon is a Clinical Professor of Law at DePaul University College of Law, and the Associate Dean for Clinical Programs Law and Director of the Center for Justice in Capital Cases. Professor Lyon graduated from Rutgers University, and from the Antioch School of Law She first worked for the Cook County Public Defenders' Office, working in the felony trial division, post-conviction/habeas corpus unit, preliminary hearing/first municipal (misdemeanor) unit, and the appeals division. Her last position
there was as Chief of the Homicide Task Force, a 22-lawyer unit representing persons accused of homicides. She has tried over 130 homicide cases, both while in the Public Defender's office and since. In 1990 she founded the Illinois Capital Resource Center and served as its director until joining the University of Michigan Law School faculty as an Assistant Clinical Professor in 1995. A winner of the prestigious National Legal Aid and Defender Association's Reginald Heber Smith Award for best advocate for the poor in the country, she is a nationally recognized expert in the field of death
penalty defense and a frequent continuing legal education teacher throughout the country. In 1998, she was awarded the “Justice for All” award at the National Conference on Wrongful Convictions and the Death Penalty. In 2003, she received the lifetime achievement award from the Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. In 2005 she received the president’s commendation from the National Association of Criminal Defense
Lawyers for her death penalty work. She has defended over thirty potential capital cases at the trial level and has taken nineteen through penalty phase; she has won all nineteen.
Articles
PDF
Defending the Life or Death Case, ABA Litigation (2006)
Over thirteen years ago I wrote an article about defending a death penalty case ("Defending...
 PDF
Naming the Dragon: Litigating Race Issues During a Death Penalty Trial, DePaul Law Review (2004)
The issue of racial disparity in the administration of the death penalty is a persistent... 
http://works.bepress.com/andrea_lyon/

Andrea D. Lyon ...... more

http://www.law.depaul.edu/faculty_staff/faculty_information.asp?id=29

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #424 on: May 28, 2009, 08:36:59 AM »

And was it because she was sad, (no) or because she was busted!!!!

BUSTED!!!!!

I'll go with busted. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #425 on: May 28, 2009, 08:37:43 AM »

Hey Trim-
I have been lurkin'.  My real life has made it difficult to post much.
I am so ready  for this show to just get on the road. 

Well,I'm glad you're here today.  an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #426 on: May 28, 2009, 08:39:10 AM »

Before and After photos of the memorial site......

http://www.wesh.com/news/19581546/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #427 on: May 28, 2009, 08:46:43 AM »

Sorry off topic, just got off the phone with my Mom. She first said where have I been because I didn't post on SM this evening, then she said I need to change Josef's avatar to something else. She keeps thinking No Rose's Zoe is Joe. JSM will behave properly from now on that mommy is watching. Sarah (she hates that) you can become a monkey and be able to post if you join.  an angelic monkey  Monkey Devil!

Night monkeys, been a long night, was lurking in Nevaeh's thread and it made me sick.

Luv JSM
Does she not like Zoe's picture?
She likes Zoe's picture, she just thinks you are me.  How is Zoe by the way?

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #428 on: May 28, 2009, 08:47:04 AM »

The newest attorney to join Casey Anthony's defense team is a death-penalty expert from Chicago who has tried more than 130 homicide cases, her legal team announced today.  Lyon has a book slated to be published in January titled "Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer," according to her Web site.

"This is my story -- the story of the first woman in the nation to serve as lead attorney on a death penalty case. And it is also the story of my clients -- their lives, not just the acts they were charged with," the Web site states.

Oh brother, where have we heard this before?

Do No Evil 
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #429 on: May 28, 2009, 08:51:53 AM »

Hey George, why not bury some of the cremains at a cemetery with a nice headstone so she can be remembered.  Oops, I forgot about the graverobbers.  GMAB

Ya know, that was a final selfish act with no surprise coming from this nightmare of a family, the use of the word family being used loosely - more like related rejects

Related rejects?  I'm thinking more on the line as related suspects.

Do No Evil 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #430 on: May 28, 2009, 08:52:56 AM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/index.html
Lyon Joins Anthony Defense Team
Anthony Charged With Killing Daughter, Caylee

POSTED: Thursday, May 28, 2009
UPDATED: 8:27 am EDT May 28, 2009
[Casey Anthony appears at a court hearing.]
Casey Anthony appears at a court hearing.
ORLANDO, Fla. -- An attorney who is capable of trying death-penalty cases in Florida is the newest member of Casey Anthony's defense team.

Andrea D. Lyon, a clinical professor of law at the DePaul University College of Law in Chicago where she also directs the law school's Center for Justice in Capital Cases, will be introduced by Anthony's lead attorney, Jose Baez, at a court hearing scheduled for 10 a.m.

Baez is not qualified to be the attorney of record in a death-penalty case, according to Florida law. Lyon has tried more than 130 homicide cases.

Anthony, 23, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee, whose remains were found in December. Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in July.

According to a news release, Baez said he welcomes the addition of Lyon to Anthony's defense team. The team also includes Linda Kenney Baden, who concentrates in forensic evidence and Todd Macaluso, a California-based trial lawyer who concentrates in complex litigation.

Anthony is expected in court at Thursday's hearing, which will be streamed live on ClickOrlando.com.

At the hearing, Orange County Circuit Judge Stan Strickland is expected to decide whether jailhouse video showing Anthony's reaction as she learned that a child's remains were found should be released. Baez filed a motion Wednesday afternoon asking that the video be sealed.

Anthony's defense team will also seek photos and text messages from a dozen people, including Anthony's parents, friends and meter reader Roy Kronk, who found Caylee's remains. Kronk and others argue that Baez's request is a violation of their privacy.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #431 on: May 28, 2009, 08:54:23 AM »

The newest attorney to join Casey Anthony's defense team is a death-penalty expert from Chicago who has tried more than 130 homicide cases, her legal team announced today.  Lyon has a book slated to be published in January titled "Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer," according to her Web site.

"This is my story -- the story of the first woman in the nation to serve as lead attorney on a death penalty case. And it is also the story of my clients -- their lives, not just the acts they were charged with," the Web site states.

Oh brother, where have we heard this before?

This should be interesting. 

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #432 on: May 28, 2009, 09:00:27 AM »

http://www.andrealyon.com/

Coming in January 2010 by Kaplan Publishing!

"Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer",  the story of the first woman in the nation to serve as lead attorney on a death penalty case. This book follows the development of a new kind of defense attorney. Read a firsthand account of her fight - not only for the lives of her clients - but also for her rightful place in the courtroom.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #433 on: May 28, 2009, 09:05:40 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar/2009/5/28/baez_announcement_of_intent_to_add_andrea_lyon_to_defense.html

Baez Announcement Of Intent To Add Andrea Lyon To Defense
Thursday, May 28, 2009 7:49:49 AM
<snipped>
Jose Baez says he welcomes the addition of Professor Lyon, a highly experienced and outstanding lawyer, to Casey Anthony’s defense team. The team already includes Linda Kenney Baden, who concentrates in forensic evidence and Todd Macaluso, a California-based trial lawyer who concentrates in complex litigation.

Source: Marti Mackenzie, representative for the Baez Law Firm

~ Peter Frampton
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #434 on: May 28, 2009, 09:09:34 AM »

Hey, did Numbersgirl ever come back with info on George from her media contact in Ohio?

Do No Evil 
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #435 on: May 28, 2009, 09:14:42 AM »

I never have cared one way or the other whether we saw the jail video or not. It has been pretty well described anyhow. I get the picture. BUT!!!!If there is a chance of seeing the video with Bozo feeling up Skanky under her overalls, NOW I REALLY WANT TO SEE THAT!!!   
  Very Funny, CasuallyCool er, I mean Fanny!
Poor you, I re-listened to the 911 call from Casey, too.  It is hard to listen to her voice, isn't it? -- Demanding that these horrible penny-throwing criminals be arrested right now.  We need the police here, right now.  The same ugly Casey voice that lied to LE and the world, insulting our intelligence, expecting us to believe that when someone kidnapped her child, she decided not to call 911 b/c she'd watched too many movies and TV shows that scared her, and decided to "use her own resources" blah blah blah. 

Where's JSM when you need her?  I want her to say "I hate her" again.

Did you see Casually Cool's tear jerking post today. Man! I will wear red every Friday.   

Do you think that was CC's alter ego posting today, or somebody else that took over his puter?????   

Watch it Fanny.  My purpose here is to both make people laugh and cry.  Watch out for flying houses.     Monkey Devil!

Do No Evil 
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #436 on: May 28, 2009, 09:16:22 AM »

Did you see Casually Cool's tear jerking post today. Man! I will wear red every Friday.   
Do you think that was CC's alter ego posting today, or somebody else that took over his puter?????   
I think it really was CCMonkey Devil! 
A heart of gold beats beneath all his crazy antics.  Pretty sure it was CC b/c (as I'm sure you saw) when asked by all these teary-eyed Monkeys who were touched by his story, whether he too will be wearing red on Fridays, he replied in the negative. 

Why?  Because Fridays are "casual days" at work, and the only red he owns is ... wait for it ... a tie.  Classic CC!

(Sorry for O/T.  I've been pretty good all day, Mods.)

Maybe we should all chip in and buy him a red golf shirt. With a monkey embroidered on the pocket.  Monkey Devil!

A medium will do.

Do No Evil 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #437 on: May 28, 2009, 09:18:05 AM »

Hey, did Numbersgirl ever come back with info on George from her media contact in Ohio?

I don't think so.

~ Peter Frampton
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #438 on: May 28, 2009, 09:21:32 AM »

http://www.andrealyon.com/

Coming in January 2010 by Kaplan Publishing!

"Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer",  the story of the first woman in the nation to serve as lead attorney on a death penalty case. This book follows the development of a new kind of defense attorney. Read a firsthand account of her fight - not only for the lives of her clients - but also for her rightful place in the courtroom.

Well, well, well.....THIS answers alot of questions for me.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #439 on: May 28, 2009, 09:23:48 AM »

I don't think so.

Morning Trimm.  Any links for today's 10:00 hearing yet?

Do No Evil 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.