April 23, 2024, 07:03:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #133 5/26/09 - 5/29/09  (Read 313194 times)
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #840 on: May 28, 2009, 02:36:21 PM »

OK, Now I'm confused (snicker).  When will the motion by the state be heard concerning the DP attorney.  If Lyon has not filed for that position as of yet, when does all this get cleared up? 

Or do we just go with Bozo's "Good faith basis?" 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #841 on: May 28, 2009, 02:39:27 PM »

Mokalicious,I must have been having the same dream. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #842 on: May 28, 2009, 02:39:55 PM »

I try hard not to judge people by their looks, cause I sure ain't no 10....but you would think that these two women who are suppose to be high profile atts. would try to project a more professional imagine. They look like my grandma's sisters from the backwoods 100 yrs ago. If I was on the jury I would be sitting there thinking that Linda needs to unfold her wig a couple of days before putting it on and find some more up to date clothes and this other lady needs to wash her hair ,than focusing on what they are discussing. That is just human nature. I run around the house all frumpy but if I go out in public at least I at least make sure my hair is done and my clothes are pressed.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #843 on: May 28, 2009, 02:44:58 PM »

I try hard not to judge people by their looks, cause I sure ain't no 10....but you would think that these two women who are suppose to be high profile atts. would try to project a more professional imagine. They look like my grandma's sisters from the backwoods 100 yrs ago. If I was on the jury I would be sitting there thinking that Linda needs to unfold her wig a couple of days before putting it on and find some more up to date clothes and this other lady needs to wash her hair ,than focusing on what they are discussing. That is just human nature. I run around the house all frumpy but if I go out in public at least I at least make sure my hair is done and my clothes are pressed.

That was exactly my point too Darla. Let's face it, there are a lot of fat people that function very nicely in public. Maybe Casey just doesn't want any 10's on the team so they will not outshine her. 

I think any human in the world would be distracted by the defense attorneys, especially the female ones. I wouldn't want either of them to get to close to me. Just sayin'.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #844 on: May 28, 2009, 02:45:28 PM »

"Andrea has tried more than 130 homicide cases, both within the public defender's office and elsewhere. She has defended more than 30 potential capital cases at the trial level. Of these, she has taken 19 through the penalty phase, and won them all."

What exactly does this mean?  That the 19 did not receive the death penalty but perhaps just life sentences?

Yes, but the wording of this has the math off to sound more impressive.  I'll have to look into each 19 cases in which she won to see what type of murders were committed & why they were death penalty cases.   I'm not easily intimidated by records and stats, I'm not shaking in my boots nor should the prosecution be.

I agree with those that feel that general neat appearance & demeanor matter in the courtroom, it does.   It does not require someone to come straight off the Milan runway BUT neatness, professional attire, cleanliness & demeanor are very much what should be expected with respect in a court of law.

If the evidence is strong & the defense continues to skirt the issues with sidebar nonsense & cannot argue against the case with exculpatory evidence & powerful reasonable doubt versus bull & bunk it doesnt matter who represents Casey.   Regardless, the likelihood that Casey would receive the sentence of the DP by a jury is not high odds to begin with regardless of counsel, I've always said she will be convicted to life without parole so if I'm correct, all of this becomes rather moot.   Her serving life is not a defeat, its a slower death.   Do I think she deserves the DP sentence, absofrigginlutely & I make no bones about whom I think qualifies for the DP which are babykillers, sexual predator/murderers, serial killers, terrorists & those that murder multiple people in the commission of another crime with no regard to human life.

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #845 on: May 28, 2009, 02:45:43 PM »

That's my point exactly--this is an extremely visible court case, the eyes of the world (and all of us sad bloggers,) are upon them, and this is what they look like?  Again, movie star pretty not required, but a shower and a iron would be nice.

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #846 on: May 28, 2009, 02:46:44 PM »

That was exactly my point too Darla. Let's face it, there are a lot of fat people that function very nicely in public. Maybe Casey just doesn't want any 10's on the team so they will not outshine her. 

I think any human in the world would be distracted by the defense attorneys, especially the female ones. I wouldn't want either of them to get to close to me. Just sayin'.   

They just do not look professional.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: May 28, 2009, 02:54:53 PM »

I agree! I thought that their appearance makes them look really lazy and not very tidy about themselves....especially the newest one...doesn't strike me as one who probably bathes or brushes her teeth everyday...jmo...terrible to pass such judgment on someone but that was my first impression...and you know what they say about first impressions...

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #848 on: May 28, 2009, 02:56:04 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/19583277/detail.html

New Attorney: No Casey Anthony Trial By October
Judge Delays Decision On Jail Video
The newest member of Casey Anthony's defense team said there is no way Anthony's trial will start in October.

Andrea Lyon, a professor at DePaul University College of Law, was introduced at a hearing Thursday. Lyon is to handle death-penalty matters.

She said because she is just learning the case, she will need more time to prepare a defense.

Lyon also said she will prove the case does not qualify for the death penalty. See said motions will be filed in the next few months showing that the state does not have sufficient evidence to prove that Anthony's case is a death penalty case.

Thursday morning's hearing on the release of a jail video of Anthony ended without a decision.
Prosecutors argued that they have not had enough time to review and response to the new motion. Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland also wanted to give attorneys for media outlets seven days to argue for the release under the state's public records law.

Anthony’s attorney filed the motion late Wednesday laying out arguments for why the jail video of Anthony should be sealed.

The 17-page motion makes several arguments against the video’s release, including that it was cruel, that it violated her right to counsel, and that it invades her right to keep medical records private.
Strickland also heard arguments from several people who have objected to the defense's request for their phone records, including Roy Kronk, the former meter reader who found Caylee's remains. The judge is requiring Baez to amend the motion to limit the amount of information he is seeking.

The jail video was made on the day a child’s body was found in December 2008. The child was identified later as Anthony’s daughter, Caylee.
In his motion, attorney Jose Baez argues that the videotaping was orchestrated to “get some reaction to the discovery of Casey Anthony’s remains believing that it was evidential in some way.”

Anthony is Orange County Jail awaiting trial on a first-degree murder charge in connection with Caylee’s death.

According to those who've seen the jail video, Casey Anthony is watching breaking news coverage of the discovery of a small child's remains near her home. She reportedly doubles over, then later, according to witnesses, asked for a sedative.

Baez said the video also captured part of his meeting with Casey Anthony in jail that same day. Although there is no sound on the video, Baez claims it is a violation of Casey's right to attorney-client privilege.

Also Thursday, Baez will argue why he should be entitled to subpoena a sweeping amount of information from a number of key players in the case; much of it revolves around telephone records.
Just this week, one of the people subpoenaed, Casey's former fiancée, Jesse Grund, filed an objection in court saying Baez' subpoena is too broad and would constitute an invasion of privacy. Others, including Casey Anthony's friend Amy Huizenga and the man who discovered Caylee's remains, Roy Kronk, have filed similar objections.

Baez also said he plans to introduce Anthony's new death-penalty-qualified lawyer on Thursday at the hearing before Judge Stan Strickland.

~ Peter Frampton
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #849 on: May 28, 2009, 03:00:31 PM »

C&G did not look happy in court today. Given that KC again would not acknowledge them, it seems to me that KC is the reason C&G have not visited her in jail. I agree with those who think JB has her in some sort of "trance" (or something like that). Even if that's not really the case, it still appears that way. I think KC is young a naive and only sees things her way. BUT, she's not a child, and she's making the decision to stick with JB. Obviously she's not speaking with her parents nor getting any advice from them. Not that I think they'd give her good advice, but you would think she'd speak with her own parents as well as her lawyer. I think the fact that she doesn't, says alot. JMO though.

RIP Sweet Puppy
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #850 on: May 28, 2009, 03:01:04 PM »

I loved Kathi's comment about the horse. I just think if you are a professional, you should look like one. I changed Drs. because they brought in a woman dr. and I would have to see her if my dr. was out or if I was in the hospital. She wore flip-flops and smelled like her horses....noway was she going to touch me. Always looked like she had just come out of the stables mucking stalls. Linda and Lyons look like they just crawled out of bed and put on clothes off the floor and did not even comb their hair. Casey is so googoo eyed over Jose she is not going to listen to the new one anyway.

We really need some documents geeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #851 on: May 28, 2009, 03:02:34 PM »

New Attorney: No Casey Anthony Trial By October
Judge Delays Decision On Jail Video
The newest member of Casey Anthony's defense team said there is no way Anthony's trial will start in October.

Andrea Lyon, a professor at DePaul University College of Law, was introduced at a hearing Thursday. Lyon is to handle death-penalty matters.

She said because she is just learning the case, she will need more time to prepare a defense.

Lyon also said she will prove the case does not qualify for the death penalty. See said motions will be filed in the next few months showing that the state does not have sufficient evidence to prove that Anthony's case is a death penalty case.

<snipped>

Well, if she does prove it's not a death penalty case won't she then be out of a job??? 

RIP Sweet Puppy
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #852 on: May 28, 2009, 03:03:47 PM »

When I watched the entire Phil Spector's first trial, I couldn't keep my eyes off of Linda, I would even guess what clothes and shoes she would have the next day, she was very much a distraction.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #853 on: May 28, 2009, 03:03:50 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19587793/detail.html
No Decision On Casey Reaction Video
Anthony Charged With Killing Daughter, Caylee

POSTED: Thursday, May 28, 2009
UPDATED: 1:33 pm EDT May 28, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Defense attorney Jose Baez was informed that he needed provided materiality for requesting phone records for several witnesses in the case against Casey Anthony during a hearing on Thursday.
Judge Stan Strickland gave Baez one week to try to work out an arrangement with the witnesses who object to having their phone records released and provide the court with justification for the requests.

Strickland did not rule on the release of a jailhouse video of Anthony's reaction to the news that a body was found near her family's home in east Orlando. The body was later identified as her daughter, Caylee Anthony.

"At the end of business next Thursday, if I haven’t heard from you, I will deny the motion without prejudice so that you can refile it stating materiality and the numbers you're seeking and if all else fails I'll do an on camera inspection of the records that are provided," Strickland said.
Strickland asked Baez to file an order requesting the phone records for the witnesses who did not object to the records request.

Anthony's defense team is seeking photos and text messages from a dozen people, including Anthony's parents, friends and meter reader Roy Kronk, who found Caylee's remains. Kronk and others argue that Baez's request is a violation of their privacy.

Also during Thursday's hearing, an attorney who is capable of trying death-penalty cases in Florida was introduced as the newest member of Anthony's defense team.

Andrea D. Lyon, a clinical professor of law at the DePaul University College of Law in Chicago where she also directs the law school's Center for Justice in Capital Cases, was introduced by Baez at a court hearing.

Baez is not qualified to be the attorney of record in a death-penalty case, according to Florida law. Lyon has tried more than 130 homicide cases.
Anthony, 23, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter. Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in July.

According to a news release, Baez said he welcomes the addition of Lyon to Anthony's defense team. The team also includes Linda Kenney Baden, who concentrates in forensic evidence and Todd Macaluso, a California-based trial lawyer who concentrates in complex litigation.

Anthony appeared in court at Thursday's hearing.

Baez filed a motion Wednesday afternoon asking that the video be sealed. A ruling on the issue was not made during Thursday's hearing.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #854 on: May 28, 2009, 03:10:06 PM »

Thanks Trimm for all the updates 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #855 on: May 28, 2009, 03:16:35 PM »

Is this the guy in court sitting behind Casey?

http://i34.tinypic.com/nq9gy.jpg

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: May 28, 2009, 03:17:44 PM »

<snip>

Anthony’s attorney filed the motion late Wednesday laying out arguments for why the jail video of Anthony should be sealed.

The 17-page motion makes several arguments against the video’s release, including that it was cruel, that it violated her right to counsel, and that it invades her right to keep medical records private.

<snip>
OK, I'll confess, I'm a lazy pos today.  The humidity is killing me and no A/C. 

Do we have a link somewhere to this 17-page motion in .pdf form?  TIA, Lovinlife

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #857 on: May 28, 2009, 03:20:28 PM »

I've never seen that pic before. Can you do a side by side? 

RIP Sweet Puppy
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #858 on: May 28, 2009, 03:21:28 PM »

That might help, I can't tell.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: May 28, 2009, 03:22:22 PM »

Oh Lawd! I'll try but it might take me half a day.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.