March 28, 2024, 10:12:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee - bumper sticker question by Bradysmom  (Read 4698 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 20, 2009, 06:34:19 PM »

I recently ( within the last 24 hours ) read a post either here or at BFN ( I'm sorry, I can't remember which or who posted it ) where someone suggested that some of us from each state/country have bumper stickers made with a phrase about Natalee Holloway, just as another way to keep this case in the public eye. For instance, Justice For Natalee Holloway. I think this is such a great idea! Just one more way to let Aruba know that we aren't going anywhere, and to keep the public interested in this case. I know for many people funds are limited, and I would be willing to pay for some bumper stickers to get printed out and mailed to a bunch of Monkeys and BFN'ers. Is anyone willing to help me?
Since there is NO WAY that I am willing to share my address on a public forum on the internet, I am assuming most of you will feel the same way. BUT...If someone trustworthy and well-known here is willing to get a PO box ( like Klaas or Janet or someone we know is legitimate ), then we could mail them to that person, and whoever wants one could private-message the designated person their address and the designated person could mail them out. Am I making sense? I'd be willing to pay towards some of it, so people could get a free bumper sticker in the mail.
Many of you Monkeys are great researchers and enjoy doing research...I do not enjoy that aspect of this case as much as I enjoy trying to think of ways to keep the public interested in this case, and to keep the pressure on Aruba. We all have our strong points, and I want to do everything that I can think of to do my part in finding justice for Natalee Holloway. Although bumper stickers won't solve the case, lol, they will help keep it public.
To whoever came up with this idea, I am going to re-read some threads tonight here and at BFN to try to find the poster who came up with this idea and I will post a link if I can find it. I am not trying to steal anyone's idea or thunder and will gladly give credit to the person who is the brains behind this really cool idea. If anyone else knows who posted that, please let me know!
Have a great afternoon Monkeys!

There used to be some bumper stickers in Cafepress or Zazzle or one of those sites that said either "Justice for Natalee" or "Boycott Aruba".  They are pretty simple to create and  anyone can create their own online and purchase them for themelves.

Not a bad idea but I am not willing to provide MY address to the world.  I suggest the safest way is for each to create their own.

Another idea and I don't know if Red will allow it would be to create a simple bumper sticker in the SM Cafepress site and people could order from their.  I would have to ask Red if that's OK.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 11:03:24 PM by klaasend » Logged
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 08:48:43 PM »

I recently ( within the last 24 hours ) read a post either here or at BFN ( I'm sorry, I can't remember which or who posted it ) where someone suggested that some of us from each state/country have bumper stickers made with a phrase about Natalee Holloway, just as another way to keep this case in the public eye. For instance, Justice For Natalee Holloway. I think this is such a great idea! Just one more way to let Aruba know that we aren't going anywhere, and to keep the public interested in this case. I know for many people funds are limited, and I would be willing to pay for some bumper stickers to get printed out and mailed to a bunch of Monkeys and BFN'ers. Is anyone willing to help me?
Since there is NO WAY that I am willing to share my address on a public forum on the internet, I am assuming most of you will feel the same way. BUT...If someone trustworthy and well-known here is willing to get a PO box ( like Klaas or Janet or someone we know is legitimate ), then we could mail them to that person, and whoever wants one could private-message the designated person their address and the designated person could mail them out. Am I making sense? I'd be willing to pay towards some of it, so people could get a free bumper sticker in the mail.
Many of you Monkeys are great researchers and enjoy doing research...I do not enjoy that aspect of this case as much as I enjoy trying to think of ways to keep the public interested in this case, and to keep the pressure on Aruba. We all have our strong points, and I want to do everything that I can think of to do my part in finding justice for Natalee Holloway. Although bumper stickers won't solve the case, lol, they will help keep it public.
To whoever came up with this idea, I am going to re-read some threads tonight here and at BFN to try to find the poster who came up with this idea and I will post a link if I can find it. I am not trying to steal anyone's idea or thunder and will gladly give credit to the person who is the brains behind this really cool idea. If anyone else knows who posted that, please let me know!
Have a great afternoon Monkeys!

There used to be some bumper stickers in Cafepress or Zazzle or one of those sites that said either "Justice for Natalee" or "Boycott Aruba".  They are pretty simple to create and  anyone can create their own online and purchase them for themelves.

Not a bad idea but I am not willing to provide MY address to the world.  I suggest the safest way is for each to create their own.

Another idea and I don't know if Red will allow it would be to create a simple bumper sticker in the SM Cafepress site and people could order from their.  I would have to ask Red if that's OK.

You can buy those "make your own bumpersticker" packs and use your own printer.  I think HP makes them.

You're right, Magnolia.   The member here that I recalled having them was Katz_Home (I hope I have the nickname right) and she hasn't posted in a while.   

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 08:54:19 PM »

I do know as far as Cafepress is concerned, there is always a problem using the photo of a known person like Natalee.  They don't allow it.  I know other places do but Cafepress doesn't, or at least has stopped us in the past.
bradysmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 08:57:35 PM »

Thats really cool...I'm going to look online tonight then and have a bunch made for me and friends! Is it kind of like a place where you can have your own t-shirts made or something? Great idea.
Klaas... sorry if you misunderstood me, lol, but I wasn't suggesting you give out your address...was suggesting that you might be a person that people will feel safe giving THEIR addresses to so you could send them out. I was kind of rambling in the last post, and rushing before my son realized he was playing cars all by himself!
The po box thing was just an idea so that any one of us who had them made could send them to the po box for you or anyone else to send out.
Just want to clarify that I wasn't trying to get anyone's address...I plan alot of charity events and work on promoting them and I just like to do things like that...getting the word out there, making my cause known and heard and keeping it in the public's eye.
But thanks for telling me about the make-your-own-bumper sticker thing. Great idea!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 10:39:58 PM »

I've been wanting a new bumper sticker for a while now, I'll have mine made before the weekend's over!
Thanks for the tips everyone!

I hope Katz_home won't mind if I use one of hers...I may do that...or I may design another; I haven't decided yet. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
bradysmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 10:47:14 PM »

Thanks MuffyBee!!! I clicked on the link and those are beautiful. I personally am all for a boycott of Aruba, but don't want to offend members who aren't. I was thinking of something like: Justice for Natalee Holloway (written on top) and Boycott Aruba (written on the bottom). Would I be allowed to print the scared monkeys website underneath the bottome line, so if people who don't know alot about the case get curious, they can get onto the forum and educate themselves? So it would look similar to this:
                                                           Justice for Natalee Holloway

( Picture of Natalee here )

Boycott Aruba

For information on the Natalee Holloway case, visit www.scaredmonkeys.com

Any suggestions/comments/constructive criticism?? Hey, even if only a few people see it and decide to get "on board" with us, it's worth it to me. You never know who or what can make a difference!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 10:49:26 PM »

Thanks MuffyBee!!! I clicked on the link and those are beautiful. I personally am all for a boycott of Aruba, but don't want to offend members who aren't. I was thinking of something like: Justice for Natalee Holloway (written on top) and Boycott Aruba (written on the bottom). Would I be allowed to print the scared monkeys website underneath the bottome line, so if people who don't know alot about the case get curious, they can get onto the forum and educate themselves? So it would look similar to this:
                                                           Justice for Natalee Holloway

( Picture of Natalee here )

Boycott Aruba

For information on the Natalee Holloway case, visit www.scaredmonkeys.com

Any suggestions/comments/constructive criticism?? Hey, even if only a few people see it and decide to get "on board" with us, it's worth it to me. You never know who or what can make a difference!

Suggestion.  Don't use the name scaredmonkeys.com without Red's approval please.  No need to add the link to a website.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 10:52:32 PM »

I can't take credit for thinking of Katzhome.  That would be 2nj    I just went to profile and pulled the info. It's great when we all work together.     2nj-you have a great memory 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
bradysmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 10:53:33 PM »

Hi Klaas,
Thanks for the suggestion. I will ask Red if it's ok to use scared monkeys on it...I'm glad I asked. So if he says it's ok, how should I word it, without using the link to the website? Meaning, should I just write "visit scared monkeys" rather than "visit scaredmonkeys.com"?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 10:54:18 PM »

To clarify.  Anyone can print up anything they want regarding the NH case or any other but don't do it in the name of scaredmonkeys.  It's like that TES cookbook fiasco.  Some people thought it was an SM sponsored cookbook and it turned out that TES wasn't even happy about it. 

So..if you want to a bumper sticker that's great, just leave the SM website link off of it please.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 10:55:33 PM »

Hi Klaas,
Thanks for the suggestion. I will ask Red if it's ok to use scared monkeys on it...I'm glad I asked. So if he says it's ok, how should I word it, without using the link to the website? Meaning, should I just write "visit scared monkeys" rather than "visit scaredmonkeys.com"?

You can ask but I don't think it's necessary to add the SM link.  I think just saying something like JUSTICE FOR NATALEE HOLLOWAY, should be enough.
bradysmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 10:56:23 PM »

Thanks.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 10:56:57 PM »

Bradysmom - I'm going to go ahead and start a separate thread for your suggestion of a bumper sticker and move it out of this main discussion thread.  I'll post the link to the new thread once I've gotten all the posts moved.  Then you can continue discussion of the sticker in the new thread.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.