April 26, 2024, 12:42:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Democracy, a melting pot, yes we have some outsiders...not perfect  (Read 1192 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 21, 2009, 07:45:51 AM »

Is any society 100% free of division?  Differenced?  Someone wanting what others have?  Someone using bad word?

Does the democracy that invites all cause the problem?  Is it a problem with the form of government?  Society?  Individuals?

American ‘outsider’

The author notes the four main historical developments that made Kissinger’s career possible:

1. The immigration of German-Jewish refugees to the United States and their entry into mainstream American institutions;

As a German Jew, Kissinger witnessed popular hatred and violence and developed an instinctive distrust of democracy. That led him, at times, to favour authoritarians over democrats. As a Jew, Kissinger always felt like an “outsider” in American society.

Does Barack favor authoritarians over democrats?  Is this a key to the rise of fascism?  It seems like Hitler felt like an outsider during his youth.  I wonder how many share this trait? 

A parallel to Barack?  Barack wasn't raised in the United States.  I seem to recall he reports being an outsider in his Asian neighborhood - always different because of his mixed heritage.  Neither mother or father was Asian - Barack was the better fighter because he was better fed than his playmates.

When Barack came to the U.S., it seems like he was an outsider again.  Always the outsider?  Is anyone in the American melting pot truly an insider?  Maybe Barack's differences made him suffer more than other victims?  Homosexuals?  Women?  Hispanics?  Christians?

The author said in an interview: “I was struck by how often Kissinger’s Jewish background was an explicit topic of discussion. His acquaintances in the United States and overseas mentioned the issue all the time. President Richard Nixon frequently demeaned Kissinger to his face for being a Jew. To my great surprise, Kissinger frequently raised the issue of his Jewish background in White House conversations, often to anticipate and pre-empt suspicions. He spent his entire life surrounded by people who were either anti-Semitic or at least mildly prejudiced against Jews….

The same seems to go on today.  Is it always about Barack's African-American or mullato heritage? 

http://www.hinduonnet.com/fline/stories/20090605261107600.htm

In the Obama message, much is made about 'people who are different'. 

Why aren't those in Washington more welcoming of the people on Main Street?  The Christians?  Veterans?  Patriots?

Is it some kind of mass 'ism' that prompts Homeland Security to write those aweful memos?  Who came up with the memos?  Who did the research?

Why are hardworking Americans demonized by the Obama Administration?

Why are the life savings of hardworking Americans being confiscated? 

Why is our future being pi__ed away?

Anyone know where any of those billions are really going?  GMAC?  AIG?  Passed through to whom?  ACORN - passed through to whom?

Any accountability?  Maybe we could see the billions who benefitted at ACORN or its many affiliates?

While Barack is quick to criticize the Castros for skimming the money sent to Cuba, why does he continue taking more and more from hardworking Americans?

The only ones that seem to benefit are Barack, politicians, the shadow party, China, and rich global corporations.

What is wrong in America today?

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.