March 28, 2024, 11:13:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Family Of Kathleen Savio to File Wrongful Death Lawsuit 4/21/09  (Read 9231 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: April 21, 2009, 08:10:40 AM »

Peterson To Be Subject Of Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Family Of Kathleen Savio To File Suit Tuesday
JOLIET, Ill. (CBS) ― 
The family of former Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, will reportedly file a wrongful death lawsuit on Tuesday.

Savio was found dead in a dry bathtub in her Bolingbrook home on March 1, 2004. At the time, the Will County coroner's office ruled the death an accident.

But after the disappearance of Drew Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, in late October 2007, Savio's body was exhumed for a new autopsy. Her death was reclassified as a homicide, and authorities' suspicion began to focus on Drew Peterson in both Savio's death and Stacy Peterson's disappearance.

But Peterson claimed that the independent pathologist who conducted the new autopsy on Savio had an agenda, and has insisted consistently that Stacy Peterson ran off with another man and never came back.

An attorney representing the Savio family said the lawsuit against Peterson will accuse him of entering Savio's home twice without permission.

Peterson has not been charged with any crime in Savio's death or in Stacy Peterson's disappearance.
http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/drew.peterson.lawsuit.2.989962.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
heykim
Monkey Junky

www.twitter.com/heykim

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 07:30:52 PM »

DREW PETERSON INDICTED ON ONE COUNT OF MURDER of kathleen savio!

profile pics courtesy of the kind and generous BRANDI!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 09:02:29 PM »

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17759113/Report-on-the-administration-of-the-will-of-Kathleen-Savio-by-Richard-J-Kavanagh-February-7-2006-Justice-Cafe-httppetersonstorywordpressco

Report on the administration of the will of Kathleen Savio by Richard J. Kavanagh, February 7, 2006
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 09:07:43 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-after-conviction-peterson-lawyers-ask-judge-to-toss-lawsuit-20120910,0,4097395.story

After conviction, Peterson lawyers ask judge to toss lawsuit
12:22 p.m. CDT, September 10, 2012

Just days after a jury found him guilty of murdering his third wife, lawyers for Drew Peterson filed a motion this morning to dismiss a wrongful death lawsuit against the former Bolingbrook police sergeant.

Peterson was found guilty Thursday of murdering Kathleen Savio in 2004. The couple’s two sons have asked to be removed from a civil lawsuit filed on their behalf by Savio’s estate. During the second week of Peterson’s murder trial, Kris Peterson visited the Will County Courthouse the day after his 18th birthday to file paperwork in the civil case. Kris spoke briefly with his father during  a break in the murder trial, leaving the courtroom before testimony re-started.

Kris’ older brother, Thomas, also filed to be removed from the case when he turned 18, and Peterson’s lawyers have said that under Illinois law, the wrongful death case cannot move forward because only a victim’s children — or spouse — can make a claim for compensation in a wrongful death case. The civil case has been on hold while the criminal trial was pending.
 ::snipping2::
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 11:48:57 PM »

Those boys will one day regret this.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.