March 28, 2024, 10:36:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who hijacked "The American Dream"?  (Read 1582 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 22, 2009, 10:38:08 AM »

My American dream is to work and retire with dignity.  Ever rising taxes, and bankrupt 401ks, retirement plans, pensions, Medicare, Social Security, means my dream is currently on life support and fading fast.  Will I be one of those 89 year olds struggling to make ends meet? 

My taxes keep rising to support all manner of public programs, including schools, healthcare, politicians, and other extras.  My resources keep disappearing - 401k, job opportunities...

My dream is to keep a little bit for myself, for my future.  My dream and future is being spent by those on Capitol Hill and in the White House.

Someone in the nation needs to work and pay taxes.  Should the taxpayers be allowed to rest?  Reap some rewards?

Faust Voices Support for DREAM Act

University President Drew G. Faust publicly reaffirmed Harvard’s support for federal legislation that would allow illegal immigrant students to become permanent residents—a position shared by the Association of American Universities and all three representatives to the US congress whose districts include Harvard.

Who is paying for their education?  Their standard of living?  All the nice things in their lives?

In DC, iirc, it costs about $15,000 to educate a student in the public schools, and about half in the private schools.  Who's paying back the taxpayers for the free education extended to those here illegally?

The legislation would make illegal immigrant students who graduate from U.S. high schools eligible to apply for conditional permanent residency if they plan to attend a college or university or if they plan to enter the military. Students can then go on to apply for citizenship once they earn a college degree or serve for two years in the military.

What if they become permanent students?  Never graduate and contribute?  Are they still eligible for benefits?  Do they have to meet some tought standards as other foreign students?  Go to school or be sent back?  Work or be sent back?  What if they don't keep their part of the education and opportunity bargain?  Repercussions?  Another free ride on the backs of taxpayers?

IIRC, these new 'permanent residents' would then qualify for all the new financial aid (and healthcare) spending Obama signed into law.  Old people aren't eligible - they just get to pay for it.  When do these people and their parents start chipping in for all these benefits?

What about the dreams of taxpayers?  When will someone show some support for older folks who have been paying taxes for years?   

No jobs for Americans.  No education to prepare for a changing job market.  No tax credits for buying a house.  No benefits after years of paying increasing taxes.

Who hijacked my American Dream?

It's the anti-American administration and their anti-American agenda at work.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 10:45:26 AM »

Why unemployment?                   misterd
Updated: 2009-05-18 08:49:24

John Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6 a.m. While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN KOREA). He put on adress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA ), designer jeans (MADE IN HONG KONG) and leather shoes (MADE IN PHILIPPINES). After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA), he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA), he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) filled it with gas from Saudi Arabia and continued his search for a good paying American job.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his computer (made in MALAYSIA), John decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL), poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN CHILE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA ), and then wondered why he isn't able to find a good paying American job.

And now he's hoping he can get help from a president...with genes made in Kenya.

http://www.joplinindependent.com/display_article.php/misterd1242658164

Maybe the president will concentrate on bringing jobs and opportunities to America?  Support jobs for all Americans?   

It seems like Washington keeps passing stimulus and budget bills, and spending taxpayer money to send jobs to foreign countries (Chrysler, GM, ____) and to companies that employ those that are here illegally (construction). 

When will the economy work for those here legally?  Why do the politicians continue to support large global companies? Rich international people?  Shadow government?

When will America work for Americans and those here legally?  When will politicians stop the flow of drugs and people across the border?

The college educated may make more money - that only applies if they find a job.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.