April 26, 2024, 05:26:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion 541a 11/7 - 11/11/2006  (Read 107557 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #300 on: November 08, 2006, 10:52:50 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
Quote from: "darleenofalabama"
Oh, KatGram, I'm so sorry; I can't help you.  I only own genuine pearls; I have them in all colors, shapes, and sizes, having collected them passionately for years (and I am always looking to expand my collection, as I'm of the firm opinion that one can never own too many!).  So, I'm sorry, but I can't answer your questions about cheap, fake, plastic ones--maybe someone else around here could help you.  Oh, and be careful washing them--only mild soap and water, air dry; and just try to use a lint-free cloth whenever possible! Wink

Do you ever have anything to add to the discussion of Natalee Holloway?
I noticed that you have registered at RU and post the same self-aggrandizing blather over there as you do here.  Maybe if you posted your analysis of the statements you might impress me but I doubt you have taken the time to read them.  I don't care what you own, who you know, where you come from or where you have been.  I can ignore your silly, frivolous nonsense but your snide remarks make me fume.  I am not impressed.

Leslie, tell us how you really feel ! I feel the same way and I thought SHE needed new ones because the plastic pearlie stuff ( nail polish ) on hers came off. The Queen of England has the most pearls and jewelry and she does not come on blogs and tell us all about it . That is because she has got some CLASS !
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: November 08, 2006, 10:53:22 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Since 9/11 they really have tightened up things at the border. Going both ways. Getting into the USA even if you were born in Canada and have all the required papers. If you were born in Europe / and have travelled there recently and not a Canadian citizen, even with a passport and all papers in order, you are subject to fingerprinting and quite a bit of checking. Getting back in here is just as difficult. I haven't been out since last Christmas, but it is stricter now. When we were at the border going into the USA, some other person was turned back and a few years ago, I know they would have let him through.
They also want to arm the Canadian border guards. I think it is something they have to do because of the climate.

Thats so true. We were in Montreal the summer prior to 9/11 and entering  Canada I am not sure if our car even came to a stop at the Crossing, lol.

Of course on the way back, the US Customs agents did not have as much of a sense of humor. So worried about those Cuban cigars ... they were from Hondorus ... Wink
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: November 08, 2006, 10:53:25 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "LilPuma"
Quote from: "AZLady"
Eh ? She said wearing her touque. Sitting in the igloo, petting the reindeer, chewing on blubber and waiting for the winter roads, Eh ? Only in Canada , eh ?
Oh my, No one likes Canada.

I love Canada.

Never been to Canada, but I've met so many Canadians online in the last few years that I'm getting the urge to go.  Canada has a low crime rate, milder summers than my city, and if you're Canadian, people everywhere don't want to kill you.  Pretty cool!

I crossed over to Canada from Detroit once, it was a world of difference almost like leaving a dirty nasty steel mill and going in to flower garden.

Been to Detroit a couple of times.  Shoulda gone to Canada.   Wink

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #303 on: November 08, 2006, 10:53:25 PM »

Oh, KatGram, I'm so sorry; I can't help you.  I only own genuine pearls; I have them in all colors, shapes, and sizes, having collected them passionately for years (and I am always looking to expand my collection, as I'm of the firm opinion that one can never own too many!).  So, I'm sorry, but I can't answer your questions about cheap, fake, plastic ones--maybe someone else around here could help you.  Oh, and be careful washing them--only mild soap and water, air dry; and just try to use a lint-free cloth whenever possible! Wink

I noticed that you have registered at RU and post the same self-aggrandizing blather over there as you do here.  Maybe if you posted your analysis of the statements you might impress me but I doubt you have taken the time to read them.  I don't care what you own, who you know, where you come from or where you have been.  I can ignore your silly, frivolous nonsense but your snide remarks make me fume.  I am not impressed.

Good observation. Three stars for you... Wink
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #304 on: November 08, 2006, 10:53:25 PM »

Quote from: "Red"
Quote from: "igsigs"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Posted by JR Dutch Attorney at FOB:

For those of you interested in de Vries and the investigation he has started for his show.

Several reliable sources in Holland told me this morning that the de Vries investigation is very focused on Joran.....and NOT in a unbiased way.

The faith or lack of faith in de Vries to be unbiased has caused some level of mutiny on this board that we normally don't see here.
FOB stands behind it's original position that we will support the finding of the truth but it will not do anything to aid the show in bringing more pain to the van der Sloot family or Aruba.

To be even more clear about our position........in spite of what some of our members think, our opinion about de Vries has nothing to do with glorifying the van der Sloot family. It has everything to do with not catering to anything that could turn into a new version of what we have seen happening in the US media. It could easily go that way. There is a distinct difference between those two.

For those of you still wishing to discuss the intentions of de Vries you are welcome to but I urge you to do so in a way worthy of this board. If that is not possible I will close the topics.

JR

Translation:

The about-face that FOB has done regarding de Vries and his reputation has exposed them for what they really are all about...defending the Sloots at all costs. The *unfair* treatment of Joran by MSM is now being mirrored by the Dutch media thus exposing the FOBers and their *anyone but Joran* theories for what they are. Unfounded and intended to distract.

FYI: JR is not a lawyer. Not in Dutch law, Aruban/Dutch law, and not in U.S. law.

Funny how that works when suddenly what you have praised comes back to bite ya. I had actually known about this for a while and was chuckling to myself when I would hear certain sites sing DeVries praises. Knowing that they would be doing a 180 when they found out.

Isn't being about the truth also having to consider that JVDS is guilty? One would think in the real world.

So he's only good if he agrees with them. Nice consistency. LOL.

I agree.  You know, if you sit back and just watch, people eventually reveal their true nature.  I've learned a lot more patience as I've grown older and sometimes just watching is quite entertaining.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #305 on: November 08, 2006, 10:55:29 PM »

Maple Syrup.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #306 on: November 08, 2006, 10:57:17 PM »

AZLady
I agree.  You know, if you sit back and just watch, people eventually reveal their true nature.  I've learned a lot more patience as I've grown older and sometimes just watching is quite entertaining.

You are correct ... thats is also why freedom of speech is such a great thing. Its sometimes a double edged sword.

The truth is always revealed, sooner or later.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #307 on: November 08, 2006, 10:58:30 PM »

I spent a week last year in Guelph, a small college town just south of Toronto.  Delightful.  The people were genuine, warm and very unassuming.  I felt very comfortable and welcomed there, even by bigwigs at the university who had every reason to put on airs (lord knows, their counterparts in the States do!), but they did not.  They were kind, interested, and took time to talk and listen with my son and I.  My son did some contract work for the University of Guelph and I talked with people who run their online program there.  We were quite impressed with the genuine friendliness of the Canadians.  Of course, we were there in the summer--the pictures I saw of the winter snows were a bit off-putting!   Laughing

BRING NATALEE HOME
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #308 on: November 08, 2006, 11:00:58 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"

I agree AZLady.  I am usually proactive, but sometimes it's best to sit back, give 'em some rope and let 'em hang themselves.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #309 on: November 08, 2006, 11:01:52 PM »

SunFreak, I read about your health problems.  Glad you are back at the keyboard again!

BRING NATALEE HOME
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #310 on: November 08, 2006, 11:03:43 PM »

It's closing on bedtime, so I'll say good night now.  Keep watching, Monkeys.  The truth is there and soon the rest of the world will know it, too.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #311 on: November 08, 2006, 11:04:41 PM »

I have no idea what made me start up with D and the pearls.
Well, I do. But, I should not have posted. I am sorry for anyone reading for my sarcasm. I should have just let it go. It isn't important enough in the scheme of things and this is a Natallee blog after all.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #312 on: November 08, 2006, 11:04:59 PM »

Sunfreak
How are you feeling today?  You take it easy and make others do for you for a change.
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #313 on: November 08, 2006, 11:05:35 PM »

Leslie, tell us how you really feel ! I feel the same way and I thought SHE needed new ones because the plastic pearlie stuff ( nail polish ) on hers came off. The Queen of England has the most pearls and jewelry and she does not come on blogs and tell us all about it . That is because she has got some CLASS !

Who really cares how many pearls and tiaras someone has when someone else has a child missing?
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #314 on: November 08, 2006, 11:06:58 PM »

Red
I need a word with you.  Some advice...take her to the movies!! Rolling Eyes
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #315 on: November 08, 2006, 11:07:05 PM »

Yes, we were posting at the same time and I do apologize.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: November 08, 2006, 11:07:31 PM »

Quote from: "MisGivings"
Quote from: "Sue"

It's all these Dem taking office that is messing the thread all up  Evil or Very Mad

HEY!!!   Evil or Very Mad

LOL! I love your response, Misgivings! Short and sweet!

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #317 on: November 08, 2006, 11:08:20 PM »

Did we ever decide what color car Freddy drove?  Was it the supposed white car that Deepak kept talking about or do I have that confused with something else?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: November 08, 2006, 11:12:09 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Did we ever decide what color car Freddy drove?  Was it the supposed white car that Deepak kept talking about or do I have that confused with something else?

I don't think we know what kind or color car Freddy drives, if he drives at all.  

I believe GVC and possibly Guido had white cars available for them to drive.
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: November 08, 2006, 11:18:06 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Sunfreak
How are you feeling today?  You take it easy and make others do for you for a change.

Letting others do for me and asking for help are the hardest lessons I have had to learn.

Today was a good day for me.  I didn't have to take any pain meds!  Tomorrow I go for follow-up and staple removal.

I'm glad de Vries is shaking Aruba's tree.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.