April 18, 2024, 05:23:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion 541a 11/7 - 11/11/2006  (Read 107144 times)
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #320 on: November 08, 2006, 11:19:51 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Did we ever decide what color car Freddy drove?  Was it the supposed white car that Deepak kept talking about or do I have that confused with something else?

I don't think we know what kind or color car Freddy drives, if he drives at all.  

I believe GVC and possibly Guido had white cars available for them to drive.

Thanks.  I knew I was mixing up details again. Wonder why Freddy doesn't drive and if not, how does he get to all those places to have his pic taken?  Who is is his driver?  I think the K2 are out of the chauffeur business with Joran. Maybe they could moonlight for Freddy now.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #321 on: November 08, 2006, 11:21:57 PM »

Sunfreak
Just think of it as a well-earned vacation.  About those staples...ouch!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: November 08, 2006, 11:26:33 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Did we ever decide what color car Freddy drove?  Was it the supposed white car that Deepak kept talking about or do I have that confused with something else?

I don't think we know what kind or color car Freddy drives, if he drives at all.  

I believe GVC and possibly Guido had white cars available for them to drive.

Thanks.  I knew I was mixing up details again. Wonder why Freddy doesn't drive and if not, how does he get to all those places to have his pic taken?  Who is is his driver?  I think the K2 are out of the chauffeur business with Joran. Maybe they could moonlight for Freddy now.

He may drive and he may have a car, we just don't know of it.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #323 on: November 08, 2006, 11:38:32 PM »

On that note I will retire for the night...hugs to Nemo and sweet dreams to all the monkeys.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #324 on: November 08, 2006, 11:42:49 PM »

For Kat_Gram only:  Yes, and elizabethofengland has a full time job!  
The real reason our tourism numbers are so low is that when people come to Canada they love it so much they move here and become residents and citizens.  They love our free health care, abundant natural resources, our Charter of Rights and Freedoms and our wide open spaces.    
Hockey, Canadian Tire, the Guess Who, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Don Cherry, CBC, Wayne Gretzky, Molson beer, Tim Horton's French Vanilla coffee, President's Choice, Player's cigarettes, Kraft dinner, Chatelaine,  
Gordon and Frank,  Lotto 649, Holmes on Homes, Bonhomme Carnival,  
Snowmobiles, snow tires, celsius, metric, kilometers, the wind chill factor, etc.

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #325 on: November 08, 2006, 11:48:40 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
We're working thru some pc issues here...I sent a couple emails to some monkeys today....if you didn't recognize me, it's because I didn't ID myself....duh, afterthought.  

Pearls of wisdom is what we need.  The color doesn't matter, fresh water or cultured.......that's just my personal, honest opinion.  

Arrow ****Starting early with a wave, handshake, hug and much love to our Veterans.  It should be an every day thing.

I agree completely NJSons_Mom, thank you for that reminder  Wink

Guess that justifies my 8th grade English award....top honors...or, it justifies my thinking it does....no matter... Wink

Welcome to Best Smileys  
For Message Boards (Copy & Paste) below text Graphic That Will Show

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #326 on: November 08, 2006, 11:51:17 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
We're working thru some pc issues here...I sent a couple emails to some monkeys today....if you didn't recognize me, it's because I didn't ID myself....duh, afterthought.  

Pearls of wisdom is what we need.  The color doesn't matter, fresh water or cultured.......that's just my personal, honest opinion.  

Arrow ****Starting early with a wave, handshake, hug and much love to our Veterans.  It should be an every day thing.

I agree completely NJSons_Mom, thank you for that reminder  Wink

Guess that justifies my 8th grade English award....top honors...or, it justifies my thinking it does....no matter... Wink

Hope the self edit works...didn't mean to copy multiples...but I'll leave them for effect....

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: November 09, 2006, 12:12:03 AM »

Hi everyone,

What happened with the previous thread? Did we ever get the problem resolved?

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #328 on: November 09, 2006, 12:24:13 AM »

Quote from: "sb"
Hi everyone,

Believe Tom took care of it, sb....

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #329 on: November 09, 2006, 12:51:33 AM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
The real reason our tourism numbers are so low is that when people come to Canada they love it so much they move here and become residents and citizens.  They love our free health care, abundant natural resources, our Charter of Rights and Freedoms and our wide open spaces.    
Hockey, Canadian Tire, the Guess Who, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Don Cherry, CBC, Wayne Gretzky, Molson beer, Tim Horton's French Vanilla coffee, President's Choice, Player's cigarettes, Kraft dinner, Chatelaine,  
Snowmobiles, snow tires, celsius, metric, kilometers, the wind chill factor, etc.

You forgot to end each sentence with , eh ?
And how about that Extra Old Stock beer, eh ?
G'night, eh ?
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #330 on: November 09, 2006, 12:55:54 AM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"

You forgot to end each sentence with , eh ?
And how about that Extra Old Stock beer, eh ?
G'night, eh ?

Eh?

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #331 on: November 09, 2006, 01:06:57 AM »

2NJSons_Mom and other Monkeys -

I always like to chime in on Veterans Day with a bit of trivia.

"The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month"

The Armistice that ended World War One was signed at 11:00 a.m. on 11/11/1918.

In 1968, the "Monday Holiday Observance" bill was passed, which assigned many federal holidays to an appropriate Monday. (Notable exceptions are, of course, Christmas, July 4, and Thanksgiving.)

But in 1968, enough WWI veterans were around to protest THEIR day being moved to a Monday, because they LIKED the grandeur and dignity of  "the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" ...

So what used to be called Armistice Day (and became Veterans Day after WWII), is not one of the Monday holidays.

HOWEVER -
When Independence, Veterans, or Christmas dates fall on Saturday, the federal observance is Friday. When those dates fall on Sunday, the federal observance is Monday. By "observance" I mean that non-critical U.S. government offices are closed, as are banks and many other establishments.

Veterans Day doesn't have an apostrophe. It doesn't belong to veterans. It belongs to US, to honor them.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: November 09, 2006, 01:14:59 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Oh yeah, one more little computer safety nugget.

Anti-virus and Anti-spyware are only good at keeping out the known virus and spyware.

There could still be a lot of bad stuff out as yet undiscovered or still in development.

The best protection is still practicing safe sex.

Thank you, Carnut.  I bookmarked those sites to return to in the event I need them.  So far, so good with this hard drive.  Sometimes I have known there were risks but when chasing down an actual person in Aruba to a questionable site, have chosen to take that risk.  Example the kids with money fanned out and a car they had apparently bought at least they were claiming to have done so from promoting Bangbus.  

Then I want to know about how much money can they actually make and are they just hosting the site on their computer and paid for links that go to it or are they emailing links to people via Spam or are they making vids for the site.  Just how do they get Nasty Dollars and how much money could these young thugs be making anyway.

So I do know the risks but sometimes it is very hard to not try to learn about something I don't know.  Guess maybe it is worth it too but seems there should not be anything they could do to a hard drive to totally destroy it.  What I don't like is not being able to fix it back.  But last one is with authorities in Birmingham and I may get it back some day.

In the back of my mind, I still think they at least planned to photograph Natalee or take videos or something of that nature as that is common in Aruba to do so.  So I want to know if they get paid for amateur vids and in trying to find answers, pick up all kinds of evil stuff on my computer that will not go away.

Guess its a choice I make.  Still does not give anybody the right to go into another's computer (or home) without permission.  

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: November 09, 2006, 01:16:48 AM »

Quote from: "sb"
Hi everyone,

Hi, SB,
Unfortunately BlogsforNatalee is down, however.  Another one of those coincidences I suppose.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #334 on: November 09, 2006, 01:20:47 AM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Quote from: "darleenofalabama"
Oh, KatGram, I'm so sorry; I can't help you.  I only own genuine pearls; I have them in all colors, shapes, and sizes, having collected them passionately for years (and I am always looking to expand my collection, as I'm of the firm opinion that one can never own too many!).  So, I'm sorry, but I can't answer your questions about cheap, fake, plastic ones--maybe someone else around here could help you.  Oh, and be careful washing them--only mild soap and water, air dry; and just try to use a lint-free cloth whenever possible! Wink

Do you ever have anything to add to the discussion of Natalee Holloway?
I noticed that you have registered at RU and post the same self-aggrandizing blather over there as you do here.  Maybe if you posted your analysis of the statements you might impress me but I doubt you have taken the time to read them.  I don't care what you own, who you know, where you come from or where you have been.  I can ignore your silly, frivolous nonsense but your snide remarks make me fume.  I am not impressed.

Leslie, tell us how you really feel ! I feel the same way and I thought SHE needed new ones because the plastic pearlie stuff ( nail polish ) on hers came off. The Queen of England has the most pearls and jewelry and she does not come on blogs and tell us all about it . That is because she has got some CLASS !

###############################################
Now, now, now, all you monkeys who dare question the self proclaimed legend in her own mind wisdom. Remember now, if it wasn't for her family, there wouldn't even be a Mountain Brook let alone a resident going missing on foreign soil.
Just 'Bless her Heart' and go about solving this awful case.
As far as the pearls go, well I am sure you all know where I would like to shove them...
Hope you all are well.

Salute our Veterans for the Freedom we have.

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: November 09, 2006, 01:28:20 AM »

I don't think Canada has a negative image.  I have never heard of one or anybody saying bad things except when an official calls our head of state names or something like that.  I have never been to Minnesota, Nebraska, etc. because I don't usually think of them as tourist destinations.  One usually thinks beach or mountains for vacation if lacking in imagination as most of us seem to be.  Or we just like beach/mountains.  It's the resorts that attract people.  They go to those.  I would have to go to Canada in the summer or I would freeze not being used to the cold weather.  It is very far from Alabama is another factor.

But it is certainly not anything bad about Canada and all I hear are positive things said about Canada like Alex Tribeck is from Canada the Jeopardy Guy.

People say horrible things about the South and yet we are full of tourists for some reason.  Think because it is on the way to the beach?  But they are crawling all over little cities like Chattanooga and Huntsville all the time and yet we are supposed to do things like KatGram was saying.  So not sure that reputation is the prob.  Location and maybe lack of resorts or attractions.  Not sure what the prob but don't think it is negative image about Canadians.  At least there is not one in the deep South and I know some people, several, who have made a road trip to and around in Canada and said it was wonderful.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: November 09, 2006, 01:33:18 AM »

Misgivings,

I hope you have recovered from your home invasion and your health is better.  Had pneumonia myself but it is clear at the moment, hurray!  

I certainly share your sentiment about our veterans.  If not for them we would not have the freedoms that we enjoy and take for granted.  We owe them a lot.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: November 09, 2006, 01:59:29 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
I don't think Canada has a negative image.  I have never heard of one or anybody saying bad things except when an official calls our head of state names or something like that.  I have never been to Minnesota, Nebraska, etc. because I don't usually think of them as tourist destinations.  One usually thinks beach or mountains for vacation if lacking in imagination as most of us seem to be.  Or we just like beach/mountains.  It's the resorts that attract people.  They go to those.  I would have to go to Canada in the summer or I would freeze not being used to the cold weather.  It is very far from Alabama is another factor.

But it is certainly not anything bad about Canada and all I hear are positive things said about Canada like Alex Tribeck is from Canada the Jeopardy Guy.

People say horrible things about the South and yet we are full of tourists for some reason.  Think because it is on the way to the beach?  But they are crawling all over little cities like Chattanooga and Huntsville all the time and yet we are supposed to do things like KatGram was saying.  So not sure that reputation is the prob.  Location and maybe lack of resorts or attractions.  Not sure what the prob but don't think it is negative image about Canadians.  At least there is not one in the deep South and I know some people, several, who have made a road trip to and around in Canada and said it was wonderful.

Humm, me thinks there are different kinds of tourists, those that go to resort destinations (I suspicion somewhat affluent types) and those that enjoy traveling as much as the destination (I suspicion for mostly less affluent types).

Don't believe I've ever been to what would be officially described as a 'resort' but I've traveled to/thru about 45 or so of the continental states and have enjoyed a wonderous array of sites to behold.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: November 09, 2006, 02:26:45 AM »

Carnut,
You are right, there are likely as many reasons for tourism as there are tourists.  But I do see long lines at the attractions no matter how humble they may be.  
The Tennessee Aquarium is popular as is Rock City (Rock Silly as some call it) Confederama, etc. and the Space and Rocket Museum come to mind as places that always seem packed with tourist.

So to gator farms and bears in cages beside the road at service stations and just about anything from a worm farm on.  I don't get it with some of the things that people will go to see.  Caves for example around here.  They creep me out but my county has more caves than any other in the country and they are full of bats and guano and I don't really understand why some just love them.  But they do and we have to have a rescue squad accordingly.

And resorts are usually packed.  Just trying to think where the tourists actually go or congregate.  

This is a huge and varied country.  Sometimes I think it is too large.  But travel across it and I would think you could see just about a little of most everything.  No wonder we hold such different and varied views of things for we are a varied nation just because of space and distance.  I wish I had seen more of it but have been to only maybe half as many states as you have.  NYC and the barren deserts out west were most memorable to me.  Extreme opposites.  But then we have something for everybody I guess no matter what you are looking for.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #339 on: November 09, 2006, 02:31:22 AM »

Yeah, just wish all those barren spaces weren't filling up with people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.