April 19, 2024, 11:30:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion 541a 11/7 - 11/11/2006  (Read 107210 times)
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #840 on: November 10, 2006, 07:14:44 PM »

Has anyone heard from Widget?  I guess I miss a few of the old posters and wonder if they are ok..
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #841 on: November 10, 2006, 07:18:14 PM »

I should call my old girl friend up, she used to decorate her Xmas tree with sea shells and under the tree has sand for the base..  I guess I could do the same but her shells were kinda neat, they were all special and the tree looked great..
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #842 on: November 10, 2006, 07:24:24 PM »

Quote from: "terryd270"
I should call my old girl friend up, she used to decorate her Xmas tree with sea shells and under the tree has sand for the base..  I guess I could do the same but her shells were kinda neat, they were all special and the tree looked great..

Terryd - that shell tree sounds beautiful.  What a great idea!
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: November 10, 2006, 07:27:49 PM »

She was the girlfriend that used to be an artist.. She had a picture of her backyard that she painted and had me looking like a pineapple..  Well when I did something wrong, I would come home and when I saw my picture all crossed out, I knew I was in trouble.. She got me trained to look at the picture, so I would know if I was in trouble or not..  She used to have some strange items in her house..
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #844 on: November 10, 2006, 07:32:08 PM »

Klaasend,

This girl was kinda small but was a little pistol.. I stopped at a gas station and I went to get something to drink for us.. Well I left the top down and her sitting in the car and I was walking back to the car and I see some guy holding his hand screaming running away from my car.. Well she was sitting in the car and this guy assume he could steal her purse..  Wrong, she step on his hand with some cowboy boots and she told me that she thinks that she might of broken his hand.. Well, at least he didn't have to go home and check the picture before he went inside..
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: November 10, 2006, 07:33:09 PM »

Klaasend,

This girl was kinda small but was a little pistol.. I stopped at a gas station and I went to get something to drink for us.. Well I left the top down and her sitting in the car and I was walking back to the car and I see some guy holding his hand screaming running away from my car.. Well she was sitting in the car and this guy assume he could steal her purse..  Wrong, she step on his hand with some cowboy boots and she told me that she thinks that she might of broken his hand.. Well, at least he didn't have to go home and check the picture before he went inside..

Laughing  Laughing
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #846 on: November 10, 2006, 07:41:50 PM »

So Monday I get to see some guys that I worked with at IBM and CBS.Sportsline.com and this should be fun.. We used to play racquet ball and go to quite water park for cable water-skiing.  Its kinda fun if you never done it before.. Instead of boats pulling you, you are pulled by a cable..  http://gorp.away.com/gorp/publishers/menasha/bik_fla3.htm
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #847 on: November 10, 2006, 07:47:46 PM »

So Monday I get to see some guys that I worked with at IBM and CBS.Sportsline.com and this should be fun.. We used to play racquet ball and go to quite water park for cable water-skiing.  Its kinda fun if you never done it before.. Instead of boats pulling you, you are pulled by a cable..  http://gorp.away.com/gorp/publishers/menasha/bik_fla3.htm

Hey terry! That sounds like a blast!
I have not heard from Widgey in a while, hope that all is well with him and his family.

I have a question about the sand, how did she keep it from getting all over the place?

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #848 on: November 10, 2006, 07:48:39 PM »

Well I better get ready for my bike ride tomorrow.. I will take some pictures if I remember my camera.. I have everyone going to Shark Valley next week to ride with the alligators and that should be interesting because I been reading some of the comments of the other riders.. I don't think they ever been there but we will see.. What makes this fun, is that I have a very fast bike and therefore if any of the gators are hungry they will eat the slower riders..I still have the tennis meetup.com too but now that I moved I guess I need to slow down..

RSVP for Road Biking - Shark Valley

« back to calendar
RSVP now to attend this Meetup!

Your RSVP lets us keep you up-to-date with any changes and saves you a spot when space is limited.
Can you attend?
   Yes       Maybe       No, but join me to this group

Add this event to your calendar What's this?:

o iCal
          o Outlook
          o Google
          o Yahoo

When:
    Saturday, November 18, 2006, 11:00 AM 20061118T160000Z
Where:
    Shark Valley
    4000l State Road 9336
    Homestead , FL 33034
    (305) 242-7700
Description:

Event Description:
    Road Biking through Everglades National Park

How will we find each other?
    Once inside the park meet in the parking lot. Look for the Fish or Lady Bug Windsock!

Length: 15 miles/24 km round trip

Path is flat, paved road which is used for tram rides, bicycling, and walking. Expect to see alligators, herons, turtles etc. There is an observation tower at the half-way point of the trail which provides breath taking views. If you don?t have a bike and want to participate in this event, bicycles may be rented from the Shark Valley Tram Office. There is a limit of 20 bicyclists for this event so RSVP as soon as you can.

The trip should take @ 3 hours so please plan ahead with water, food, sun screen and insect
    repellant.

What to bring:
    1. Bike - any type or Rent from Shark Valley Tram Office
    2. Water
    3. Snack or Bag lunch
    4. Entrance fee (see below)
    5. Rain jacket (optional)
    6: Insect Repellant
    7. Sun Screen
    8. Helmet (required)

Entrance Fee: You can choose between and Annual Pass or per Vehicle

Per Vehicle - $10 at main entrance and Shark Valley. Valid for 7 days for single, private, non-commercial vehicles.

Everglades Annual Pass - $20
    An annual pass for entrance to Everglades National Park. Valid for 1 year from date of purchase.

Directions:
    Take the Florida Turnpike to the exit for SW 8th Street (also known as U.S. 41 and Tamiami Trail). Travel 25 miles west on U.S. 41 to signs marked Shark Valley. From the Naples area, take U.S. 41 (Tamiami Trail) east to signs marked Shark Valley.

Map:
    Refer to lower right hand corner of pdf and look for ?Shark Valley Visitor Center? within the Everglades National Park http://www.nps.gov/bi...

Car Pool Anyone:
    For those that live in Broward and want to car pool I suggest we meet at 9AM. The drive to Shark Valley should be approximately 1 hour and a half.

For additional information on Shark Valley Visitor center click on the below links:
    http://www.nps.gov/ar...

http://www.nps.gov/ar...

Hope to see you there!

For more information or questions please contact me.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #849 on: November 10, 2006, 07:49:14 PM »

Hello.  Long time... Smile  It's hard to believe after all this time, still nothing concrete to obtain justice for Natalee.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #850 on: November 10, 2006, 07:50:47 PM »

Muffy! It is great to see you! It breaks my heart that there still is no resolution to this case..... Crying or Very sad

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #851 on: November 10, 2006, 07:51:48 PM »

I think she had it glued to a felt bottom..  She had a big stuffed owl that actually looked kinda neat in her house.. She had marble floors and she picked the color by throwing coffee gounds on them to see if they matched and they did.. She was pretty interesting..
terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #852 on: November 10, 2006, 07:53:40 PM »

Tomorrow bike ride is going to be fun..  Can't beat jumping into the ocean and riding on nature trails..  

Hello Bikers!
    We will be meeting in the parking lot fo the Anne Kolb Nature Center Saturday November 11 at 10AM.

751 Sheridan St
    Hollywood, FL 33019-4701, US
    Phone number Nature Center: 954-926-2480

The bike ride we are planning is approximately 13 miles. It might seems like a lot, but even the most novice of riders can do it with no problem. We will take a break half way through and then come back. If you want to take a dip in the ocean when we take a break there is a swimming beach inside John u. Lloyd State Park or you could take a walk out on the man made jetty (a bunch if rocks) that separates the inlet and Port Everglades.

What to bring:
    1. Bike - Any type
    2. Water
    3. Snack or Bag lunch (optional)
    4. $1 dollar/bike for entrance fee into John U Lloyd State Park
    5. Swim Suit (optional)

Hope to see you there!

For more information or questions please contact me.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #853 on: November 10, 2006, 07:53:49 PM »

I think she had it glued to a felt bottom..  She had a big stuffed owl that actually looked kinda neat in her house.. She had marble floors and she picked the color by throwing coffee gounds on them to see if they matched and they did.. She was pretty interesting..

Ahhhh, I see......

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #854 on: November 10, 2006, 07:54:19 PM »

Quote from: "cubbeegirl"
Muffy! It is great to see you! It breaks my heart that there still is no resolution to this case..... Crying or Very sad

Hello Cubby Smile   It's good to "see" you too.  I have been checking in here and there, and last night sat and read through the prayers requested section and it is difficult to learn of our monkey friends and their families struggles.  Some are so very, very brave though.  I think of Beth, and just don't know how she goes day to day...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #855 on: November 10, 2006, 07:56:08 PM »

Quote from: "MuffyBee"
Quote from: "cubbeegirl"

Hello Cubby Smile   It's good to "see" you too.  I have been checking in here and there, and last night sat and read through the prayers requested section and it is difficult to learn of our monkey friends and their families struggles.  Some are so very, very brave though.  I think of Beth, and just don't know how she goes day to day...

I know Muffy, Beth and Dave are amazing people .....

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #856 on: November 10, 2006, 07:57:57 PM »

Hello Terry.  Looks like you are going for a bike ride.  I am particularly interested in the "swimsuit (optional)".   Smile

terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #857 on: November 10, 2006, 07:59:07 PM »

I wish some of you were nearer, you could borrow one of my bikes and have an adventure.. I know places where the water is crystal clear and where we monkeys could muck about in the water having a good time.  I never understood this attraction to Aruba, there are way too many places that have true water paradise..
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #858 on: November 10, 2006, 07:59:32 PM »

Quote from: "MuffyBee"
Hello Terry.  Looks like you are going for a bike ride.  I am particularly interested in the "swimsuit (optional)".   Smile

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #859 on: November 10, 2006, 08:00:17 PM »

I wish some of you were nearer, you could borrow one of my bikes and have an adventure.. I know places where the water is crystal clear and where we monkeys could muck about in the water having a good time.  I never understood this attraction to Aruba, there are way too many places that have true water paradise..

I wish so too terry, and I totally agree....

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.