April 25, 2024, 10:03:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion 541a 11/7 - 11/11/2006  (Read 107518 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #940 on: November 11, 2006, 12:27:52 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Well, maybe it was one of those surprise retirement things.
He has a contract on Bonnaire. So, he could not have been ready to retire as he has another job.

oh..interesting.......he must be fitting in well in Bonaire...burying bodies on the beaches?

He is a police chief there. Someone else handles the business end of the shovel.....
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #941 on: November 11, 2006, 12:34:26 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Well, maybe it was one of those surprise retirement things.
He has a contract on Bonnaire. So, he could not have been ready to retire as he has another job.

oh..interesting.......he must be fitting in well in Bonaire...burying bodies on the beaches?

He is a police chief there. Someone else handles the business end of the shovel.....

PERFECT. Shocked

BONAIRE musta been happy to get such an experienced low life
to cover up all the corruption there...and going to aruba as well no less...lookin the other way.... Twisted Evil

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: November 11, 2006, 01:14:36 PM »

Shizaru - regarding the statistics you are looking for, have you tried the Central Bank of Aruba website?  I know that MF is claiming the CBA is putting out some false info but maybe MF is wrong  Wink

http://www.cbaruba.org/cba/home.do
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #943 on: November 11, 2006, 01:28:47 PM »

KLASS be good...see u monkeys later

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #944 on: November 11, 2006, 01:31:47 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Shizaru - regarding the statistics you are looking for, have you tried the Central Bank of Aruba website?  I know that MF is claiming the CBA is putting out some false info but maybe MF is wrong  Wink

The IMF has some info. Well, more than some.  
http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/scr/2005/cr05203.pdf
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #945 on: November 11, 2006, 02:31:21 PM »

Good Afternoon All!

To honor our American military (past and present), I thought reading a description of the valor & determination displayed by the most decorated soldier of WWII, would be fitting. These particular deeds of 26 January 1945, earned him the Congressional Medal of Honor. Lest our enemies forget, the American Spirit still lives, and determination for justice still prevails. The soldier was Audie Murphy, who later went on to star in movies. Here is what he did on that January day:

MURPHY, AUDIE L.

Rank and organization: Second Lieutenant, U.S. Army, Company B 1 5th Infantry, 3d Infantry Division. Place and date: Near Holtzwihr France, 26 January 1945. Entered service at: Dallas, Tex. Birth: Hunt County, near Kingston, Tex. G.O. No.. 65, 9 August 1945. Citation 2d Lt. Murphy commanded Company B, which was attacked by 6 tanks and waves of infantry. 2d Lt. Murphy ordered his men to withdraw to prepared positions in a woods, while he remained forward at his command post and continued to give fire directions to the artillery by telephone. Behind him, to his right, 1 of our tank destroyers received a direct hit and began to burn. Its crew withdrew to the woods. 2d Lt. Murphy continued to direct artillery fire which killed large numbers of the advancing enemy infantry. With the enemy tanks abreast of his position, 2d Lt. Murphy climbed on the burning tank destroyer, which was in danger of blowing up at any moment, and employed its .50 caliber machinegun against the enemy. He was alone and exposed to German fire from 3 sides, but his deadly fire killed dozens of Germans and caused their infantry attack to waver. The enemy tanks, losing infantry support, began to fall back. For an hour the Germans tried every available weapon to eliminate 2d Lt. Murphy, but he continued to hold his position and wiped out a squad which was trying to creep up unnoticed on his right flank. Germans reached as close as 10 yards, only to be mowed down by his fire. He received a leg wound, but ignored it and continued the single-handed fight until his ammunition was exhausted. He then made his way to his company, refused medical attention, and organized the company in a counterattack which forced the Germans to withdraw. His directing of artillery fire wiped out many of the enemy; he killed or wounded about 50. 2d Lt. Murphy's indomitable courage and his refusal to give an inch of ground saved his company from possible encirclement and destruction, and enabled it to hold the woods which had been the enemy's objective.

http://www.cmohs.org/society/history.htm
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #946 on: November 11, 2006, 02:34:05 PM »

My prayers are with Peaches and SunFreak.  Hope you're both feeling better soon.  

I sure hope DeVries has come up with something incriminating on both the vander Sloots and others in power in Aruba.  I wonder if we could get them to air it in the US with subtitles - got to be some station that would show it!  Do we know anyone with and "in" with the media? Smile  Hopefully there will be a transcript or something for us.  

I'm in civic duty mode - Community Meals at my church this morning and Jury Duty Monday (at least it's criminal court so if I get on a jury it should be interesting).  Gotta eat some lunch and will catch up later.  Have a great day everyone.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #947 on: November 11, 2006, 02:40:03 PM »

Thanks for that Ono.

When I lived in Dallas I worked as a waitress in a restaurant that had been converted from an old house that Audie had lived in. (I'm pretty sure he had owned it -- his family may have built it).

I was working full time as a controller for a small business, but acquaintances of mine owned the restaurant and I thought it was such a neat place with such a neat history -- that I begged them to let me work there part time.

It was my honor to work in the house that Audie Murphy lived in.  Very Happy

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #948 on: November 11, 2006, 02:58:32 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
More "alternative reality" from the dark side.

The tape is so clearly of someone else that the whole episode is not worth mentioning.  Natalee didn't go to Aruba to buy jewelry (with what? $50?), nor was there anyone there who would have been buying it for her. I don't think she would have even allowed someone to take her to a jewelry store. That's for people in serious relationships, and Natalee had nothing remotely resembling that happening.

That any so-called competent lawyer would pin a case on something like that is further proof of what a stinking sleazebag taco-boy is.

No matter what Joe T says, I still contend the FBI does not do identification when there are living family members to do so.  This would be a foolish policy and one that I don't think any agency would undertake.  If Joe T says the FBI ID'ed Natalee I think he is just plain lying and will have to see that from the FBI and not from Glenda/Julia/Scuba/Dompig.  They know the FBI is not likely to come out and make a statement to correct their false claims and so feel fairly safe making them.  

Very little to lose as all they would say is oh, I thought FBI did the ID, sorry and much credibility for false information to gain, worth the try.

IMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: November 11, 2006, 03:24:27 PM »

Quote from: "Red"
6.3 Percent of the interviewed passengers indicated that they want to come back to Aruba on a shore vacation
Does that mean there will be 6.3 ppl on the beach ? Versus the zero that are on the beach now ? Ah, the Germans. The Dutch love the Germans.
Why, the Queen married a German who was a former Hitler Youth member. But, they got over it .

Don't hold your breathe on those #'s. lol.

Of course some people would go there, they cant have an economy of zero. The problem is, that if one does not reach the break even point its useless. Low hanging fruit is easy to pick ... its the medium and high hanging fruit that is out of Aruba's grasp ... the fruit that makes the difference.

I do not know if I would be betting the house on those #'s. 6.3%, however factored with the fact that about 60-65% of respondents of polls are truthful or ever do what they say brings the number down below 4%. How many people were polled? Its a cruise ship, how many aboard a cruise ship?

Its hardly a number that one should put their economy in the hands of.

According to MF at FOB Wink

Indeed the research was done by the Florida Caribbean Cruise Tourism and interviewed over 40.000 passengers. Not like the poll where 400 Alabamians decided that 7 out of 10 people supported the boycott back in November 2005

Sorry for the long quote stack, Klaas, but this is unbelievable.

To compound this, maybe the worst return rate I have ever seen, they add the braggadocio of it being the BIG survey and not just a few disgruntled people in Alabama who say they will return at the rate of six out of a hundred!   Shocked

That is a number I would never want to see the light of day were I in charge of tourism on that island.  I sometimes wonder if the gene pool is really a factor because they truly don't seem to grasp many very basic concepts.  This would be one of those.  Biting the hand that feeds you would be another.  We could go on all day with basic concepts Aruba fails to grasp.   Rolling Eyes

But it did make me drag out my Aruban math triangle again:

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #950 on: November 11, 2006, 03:31:47 PM »

Thank you, Ono.  That is truly inspiring information.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Shizaru
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #951 on: November 11, 2006, 03:43:55 PM »

According to message board posts by Aruban reporter/Joran supporter "Glenda", sometime on Saturday a girl later identified as Natalee by the FBI is captured on tape at a jewelry store in the Wyndham hotel, arguing with an unidentified male. Reportedly, the male wanted to purchase an item of jewelry, she insisted on purchasing it herself, they then took their argument outside the store. The sales woman doesn't know if the male was American or Dutch. A civil filing by Joran's lawyer Joe Tacopina states as fact that the girl on the tape is Natalee, although the filing incorrectly states that the tape is from “the day Natalee disappeared". However, based on information from a reliable personal source, there is good reason to believe the alleged identification of Natalee on this tape is not true (Tacopina 4/25/06 civil filing, "Glenda" 6/14, 7/11 postings).
And who is that ?
Roger or whatever name he goes by ? ScupaJap? Julia R.
Have YOU ever seen this tape ?
I know from backreading, Julia and Scupa were looking at tapes from the jewelry store, the gas station to find the anyone but Joran.
So, we are to take the word of pseudo non de plume  ppl that this tape exists with NATALEE on it. PPl who do not know her and who have maybe seen a tape with a blonde girl on it are now givers of EVIDENCE ?
But as far as we know, the family of the girl, Natalee, has not seen the tape. Julia mis-identified "NATALEE" before. Does anyone who has blonde hair become Natalee ?
What clothing was the blonde girl wearing ? Does Natalee have clothes like that ? Do any of her friends have a missing time period for her on the Saturday? What is the date / time stamp on it.
Oh, Joe T has it in his filing, there it must be true.

I don't understand your post.  Why would you think a source whose information casts doubt on the tape claim is scuba or Julia?
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #952 on: November 11, 2006, 03:46:07 PM »

The IMF has some info. Well, more than some.  
http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/scr/2005/cr05203.pdf

So Aruba was on very shaky ground before the boycott.  It would seem they are entering a recession by now.  I don't understand how that much foreign investment money could be poured into such a small place and yet they are in dire financial straits.

The resorts developed the beaches, etc. and at even a small tax or income per tourist and they should be rolling in dough.  Something does not add up with this economic picture.    I know it has been said Oduber invented jobs to give to his friends but still, this seems to be a long term pattern.  

It would appear that boycott aside, they have squandered a golden opportunity that few are given.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: November 11, 2006, 03:53:35 PM »

I am very worried about Sunfreak.  Will someone who makes contact with her let us know how she is doing.  I am also worried that she will again try to take care of her doggies immediately upon release from the hospital and I can relate to that.

While I am supposed to help my kids if one of them is hurt or sick, they feel no compunction to return the favor for some reason and I would be in the same predicament.

Prayers and healing going out to her!

. Sad

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #954 on: November 11, 2006, 03:56:35 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
I am very worried about Sunfreak.  Will someone who makes contact with her let us know how she is doing.  I am also worried that she will again try to take care of her doggies immediately upon release from the hospital and I can relate to that.

While I am supposed to help my kids if one of them is hurt or sick, they feel no compunction to return the favor for some reason and I would be in the same predicament.

Prayers and healing going out to her!

. Sad

We have a thread in the Monkey Lounge.  Msmarples has been in contact with her and I believe Peaches is going to stop by the hospital today.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: November 11, 2006, 04:07:21 PM »

Thanks, Klaas,

Be back later. . . . .

Don't forget to thank a veteran today, everybody!

PERSONA NON GRATA

Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #956 on: November 11, 2006, 04:09:45 PM »

I'm confused...as usual...LOL  Confused

I remember reading early on that Julia Renfro was also a part owner of a
"Waterports Company"...Hence, the name "ScubaJap"
Am I wrong?

Who is Patrick Bosset to Julia?

Who do we think is "Glenda"?
(The Good Witch is Glinda)

There are a few "Glenda's" from Aruba.....

Is SandraK posting from Aruba or Michigan or both?
Who does she work for?

TIA!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #957 on: November 11, 2006, 04:14:13 PM »

Quote from: "Florida"
I'm confused...as usual...LOL  Confused

I remember reading early on that Julia Renfro was also a part owner of a
"Waterports Company"...Hence, the name "ScubaJap"
Am I wrong?

Who is Patrick Bosset to Julia?

Who do we think is "Glenda"?
(The Good Witch is Glinda)

There are a few "Glenda's" from Aruba.....

Is SandraK posting from Aruba or Michigan or both?
Who does she work for?

TIA!

I do not believe Julia Renfro is Scubajap.  Glenda/Bondia = Julia Renfro
SandraK posts from Michigan and called into Dana Pretzer show claiming she was calling from India (with a fake accent and a Michigan area code).  SandraK lives in Michigan but may have a vacation home in Florida and possibly a timeshre in Aruba.  I have no idea what SandraK does except pass out "boat drinks", emoticons and false information.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: November 11, 2006, 04:18:15 PM »

I do not believe Julia Renfro is Scubajap.  Glenda/Bondia = Julia Renfro
SandraK posts from Michigan and called into Dana Pretzer show claiming she was calling from India (with a fake accent and a Michigan area code).  SandraK lives in Michigan but may have a vacation home in Florida and possibly a timeshre in Aruba.  I have no idea what SandraK does except pass out "boat drinks", emoticons and false information.

Laughing
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: November 11, 2006, 04:20:50 PM »

OK everyone who is reading let's get to page 50.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.