April 28, 2024, 02:44:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #488 7/6 - 7/7/2006  (Read 135756 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2006, 10:47:44 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
[
Don't think there's a whole lot more that needs to be said, seems you did pretty well covering it all earlier today.

Huummm. . . . that sort of sounds like one of those smart remarks.  If Lalas were here, I'd ask her to write that down in her book, Carnut.   Confused   But I'm sure you are not implying I talk too much are you?   Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2006, 10:47:44 PM »

Quote from: "casa"
Oh gosh! better clarify. I wasn't teaching at Columbine.  I meant my daughter and I were at the same high school (in Arkansas) when it happened.  But it was so upsetting that I wanted to get my daughter out of her class and bring her to my classroom.   At our school we knew what was going on in Colorado because we had people watching the news.  I'm sorry if I misled y'all!

No worries, Casa.

I'm glad you and your daughter were not caught up in the midst of that madness.

It was a very scary time.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #162 on: July 06, 2006, 10:50:38 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
[
Don't think there's a whole lot more that needs to be said, seems you did pretty well covering it all earlier today.

Huummm. . . . that sort of sounds like one of those smart remarks.  If Lalas were here, I'd ask her to write that down in her book, Carnut.   Confused   But I'm sure you are not implying I talk too much are you?   Very Happy

It means I pretty much agreed with everything you said earlier today on the case.

I think we're on the same track about things.

Lala's already has pages in her book with just my name I'm sure.
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #163 on: July 06, 2006, 10:52:50 PM »

Thanks, Jacqueline!  It was very scary. Then the shooting happened in Jonesboro, AR and my children were really worried.  They made me promise that if it ever happened at my school that I wouldn't try to be a hero.  They said that they knew how I was and if anyone started shooting I better hide.  I think it is just a reflex to protect those in your charge when something like that happens.  I admire the teachers who have been lost protecting their students!  They are true heroes!
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #164 on: July 06, 2006, 10:56:10 PM »

Thanks, Jacqueline!  It was very scary. Then the shooting happened in Jonesboro, AR and my children were really worried.  They made me promise that if it ever happened at my school that I wouldn't try to be a hero.  They said that they knew how I was and if anyone started shooting I better hide.  I think it is just a reflex to protect those in your charge when something like that happens.  I admire the teachers who have been lost protecting their students!  They are true heroes!

I think most teachers are heroes anyway.

What more important job could one have then opening a childs mind to learning and making it fun.

I had some great teachers that I will never forget!

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #165 on: July 06, 2006, 10:57:26 PM »

Ok... I need to get out of here and get some sleep....

y'all keep the faith!!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #166 on: July 06, 2006, 10:57:58 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"

What more important job could one have then opening a childs mind to learning and making it fun.

Jacquie... who is stanley?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #167 on: July 06, 2006, 10:58:45 PM »

Hey, speaking of putting things in books and medical conditions, I was diagnosed diabetic earlier this year and have been doing the 'Stick n Check' bit 4 times a day since then.

So when I think of my name in a book I chuckle and think of recording my gluecose readings.

I'm a bit of computer guy but I haven't had a useable printer in 10 yrs or so.

Gave up printing when I no longer had to print checks and could just pay bills online.

Now I record all my 'readings' in a spreadsheet for the Doc. and had to go get a new printer just to print out my 'readings' for him.

Heck I even post them online for anyone's perusal here:

http://carnut.com/bio/bglue.html
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #168 on: July 06, 2006, 10:58:46 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Ok... I need to get out of here and get some sleep....

y'all keep the faith!!!

Night Mrs...

I'm playing hooky tomorrow and going down the shore.

Blow off work, and join me! Laughing

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #169 on: July 06, 2006, 10:59:37 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Quote from: "lexie"
Taco has VDS lawsiut listed in CRIMINAL cases, not in civil cases on his website.  Why?  He cannot practice in Aruba.

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Well.....criminal  denotes things such as "murder, etc."
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #170 on: July 06, 2006, 11:00:37 PM »

Quote from: "AZSunny"
Quote from: "Jacqueline"

Jacquie... who is stanley?

LOL. I was waiting for some one to ask that!

Quote from one of my Favorite Movie Classics!

Mrs Red, you still here?  You love the movies, any guesses...or Red?

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #171 on: July 06, 2006, 11:01:39 PM »

Quote from: "Frijole"
Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "Frijole"
How rude of me - Good Evening Monkeys!

Hi Frijole.

Hi San - good to see you again.  

That FP announcement had me rolling.  Let's see....

Van der Stratten already left
Janssen is rumored to be leaving
Bernadino - leaving
Dompig - leaving
Guess Jacobs is next huh?  Unless they promote him. LOL

Looks like everyone is conveniently retiring so that no one will
have the blood of Natalee on their hands.  Little do they know.

..........Rats leaving the ship, ya think?
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #172 on: July 06, 2006, 11:03:49 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
wow... it's been 7 years since Columbine...

I remember it well, mrs. red! That was my oldest daughter's senior year and I was teaching at the same school.  Of course, we knew what was going on even though we were having classes.   I wanted to get my baby out of class and just hold her in my classroom!  It was such a scary day!

My neice was in that shooting at Columbine, she was terrified for months after and went through many months of counseling ...
She is married with a child now and has been able to over come alot of obstacles, She was flown out to washington and was on Northwest Afternoon show as most of her family was from that area.. Very hard time for the family also.. she had also found out she was on their hit list because she was a jock/prep that in it self was terrifying

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #173 on: July 06, 2006, 11:07:05 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Neither man has been charged with a crime, but both were being held on suspicion of first- and second-degree murder and capital kidnapping, the latter of which is invoked when a kidnapping victim is killed, according to their lawyers, Pietersz and Lejuez.

What was Big Huey Baby held on?  Suspicion of taking money from Anita's purse? Rolling Eyes

They held Big Baby Huey to protect him from those cowboy justice- seeking folks from Alabama....until Baby Huey could "go off to school in Holland...."  It was a big joke.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2006, 11:07:45 PM »

Well I'm outta here Monkeys.....

have a good night~

AZ:  good luck tomorrow, and just think tomorrow at this time the test will be over!  

Oh yes.......Stanley quote is from the brilliant film The Deerhunter.

Good night everyone! Laughing

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #175 on: July 06, 2006, 11:12:34 PM »

Evening monkeys, just checking in to tell everyone that Nonesuche is very busy lately and her her laptop was zapped by a storm the other day. Let's all remember her and her husband in our prayers tonight as I know all of you do anyway.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #176 on: July 06, 2006, 11:15:38 PM »

Hi Monkeys, been reading, lurking.

Jaqueline, Is Stanley from Laurel and Hardy?

Casa, I think parents all over our country wanted there children in there arms the day of Columbine. I agree with everyone else teachers are heroes.

Anna, great post today as usual.

Now goodnight Monkeys.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: July 06, 2006, 11:18:02 PM »

Hey, speaking of putting things in books and medical conditions, I was diagnosed diabetic earlier this year and have been doing the 'Stick n Check' bit 4 times a day since then.

So when I think of my name in a book I chuckle and think of recording my gluecose readings.

Gave up printing when I no longer had to print checks and could just pay bills online.

Now I record all my 'readings' in a spreadsheet for the Doc. and had to go get a new printer just to print out my 'readings' for him.

Well, if I am reading the "data' correctly, they are all below 150, right?  
That seems pretty good to me.   Wink

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: July 06, 2006, 11:19:39 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Evening monkeys, just checking in to tell everyone that Nonesuche is very busy lately and her her laptop was zapped by a storm the other day. Let's all remember her and her husband in our prayers tonight as I know all of you do anyway.

Thanks LaLa's I've been worried since I haven't seen her online.  If you talk to her tell her I said hi please, TIA!
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #179 on: July 06, 2006, 11:21:20 PM »

Carnut,  my husband had the same diagnosis about a year ago.  whole different game isn't it?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.