April 20, 2024, 10:01:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emanuel Guzman 23 mo., Endangered-Parents may have absconded to Mexico with him  (Read 7044 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: May 24, 2009, 09:52:36 PM »

AMBER ALERT Issued for 23 Month Old Emanuel Guzman … Missing in Colorado Springs, CO … Police Looking for Parents, Benito Guzman and Carmen Aguilera

http://missingexploited.com/2009/05/23/amber-alert-issued-for-23-month-old-emanuel-guzman-missing-in-colorado-springs-co-police-looking-for-parents-benito-guzman-and-carmen-aguilera/

Authorities have issued an AMBER ALERT for 23 month old Emanuel Guzman who is believed to be endangered. Police say that the boy was burned by his parents. Police are looking for Emanuel Guzman and his parents, Benito Guzman and Carmen Aguilera, both of whom did not show up in court on Thursday.

AMBER Alert Issued for 2 Year Old Colorado Boy

Emanuel Guzman Description:

2 year old Hispanic male
2′ tall
30 pounds
brown eyes
brown hair.

Edit-change subject title.  MB
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:47:59 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 09:55:40 PM »

Description of Parents:

Carmen Aguilera is a 30 year old Hispanic female, 5′ 6″, 130 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.
Benito Guzman is a 29 year old Hispanic male, 5′ 8″, 180 pounds with black hair, brown eyes and has a mustache.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:48:23 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 07:54:40 AM »

AMBER Alert Issued for 2 Year Old Colorado Boy
Posted: Saturday May 23, 2009 6:18 AM CT

The State of Colorado issued the Amber Alert early Saturday morning (05-23) after the boy's parents failed to show up for a court appearance in Colorado Springs on Thursday. Custody of the boy was transferred to the state of Colorado due to allegations of child abuse. The boy requires medical attention due to sever burns he suffered in April to his hands. Police believe the suspects may be headed to Mexico with the boy.

Emanuel Guzman a 2 year old Hispanic male, 2', 30 pounds with brown eyes and brown hair.

There are two suspects. Carmen Aguilera is a 30 year old Hispanic female, 5' 6", 130 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Benito Guzman is a 29 year old Hispanic male, 5' 8", 180 pounds with black hair, brown eyes and has a mustache.

There are two possible suspect vehicles, a tan 2004 Ford pickup with Colorado tag number 491-SKZ or a brown 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Colorado tag number 781-SLH.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Colorado Springs Police Department at 719-444-7000 or dial 911.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:48:47 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 07:40:36 PM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/19561401/detail.html
Amber Alert Becomes Longest In Program’s History
Police: May Have Been Issued After Parents Left For Mexico

POSTED: 4:37 pm MDT May 25, 2009
UPDATED: 4:55 pm MDT May 25, 2009
COLORADO SPRINGS -- A severely burned toddler who police said was abducted by his own parents has become the subject of the longest-running Colorado Amber Alert in the program’s history.

An Amber Alert was issued Friday night for 23-month-old Emanuel Guzman, after police said he was in need of medical care for second- and third-degree liquid burns suffered last month.

”The parents were responsible for causing the injury or neglecting to receive the necessary treatment that he needed for the injuries,” said Sgt. Brian Steckler, with the Colorado Springs Police Crimes Against Children Unit. “Our concern is he may lose function of his hands if he doesn’t get immediate medical attention.”
Both parents failed to appear in court Thursday for a custody case, and El Paso Department of Human Services issued a court order to take protective custody of the child.

Police said they had been investigating the couple since the burns were discovered in April, and that DHS had initially taken the boy into protective custody.

“As we were continuing our investigation, a magistrate gave custody back to the father,” said Steckler.

Police said El Paso County DHS didn’t notify them until Friday that the couple had not shown up for court, which is why officers did not request the alert until then.

"That's not normal, but it's what happened in this case," said Steckler.

Police believe the parents may have gone to Mexico with the child.

His mother’s other three children have been taken into protective custody.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:49:10 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 07:12:57 PM »

I can't find any news on this poor baby!!   This makes me sick

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:49:30 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 08:49:26 AM »

Springs Boy Still Missing: Amber Alert Still On  
Updated: May 28, 2009 01:58 AM EDT

COLORADO SPRINGS - A one-year-old boy is still missing even after a statewide Amber Alert was filed late Friday night.

Colorado Springs Police believe Emanuel Guzman was taken by his parents in Colorado Springs. Police say the boy's parents are wanted for felony child abuse and failed to appear in court on Thursday, May 21.

NEWSCHANNEL 13 wanted to know if the Amber Alert system failed the one-year old.

On Friday night, Colorado Springs Police requested a statewide Amber Alert be issued. Police believe the boy's parents may be trying to get to Mexico with their child.

Colorado Bureau of Investigations took the call from police, then immediately issued the Amber Alert. Within minutes, information on Guzman and his parents was issued, including a vehicle description and pictures.

The information was sent out to various media outlets, including NEWSCHANNEL 13. We first told you about the Amber Alert Friday night during the 10 PM newscast.

Information is also sent to the Colorado Department of Transportation, which is responsible for posting the Amber Alert information on dozens of electronic billboard signs along highways, including I-25.

"We will gather all of the information, enter the information as much as we have, get those pictures out there and get people looking at the pictures," Steve Johnson, of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, says.

A Colorado Department of Transportation spokesman tells NEWSCHANNEL 13 Amber Alert messages were posted on billboards along I-25 at 11:06 PM Friday night. The spokesman says they ran until 3:20 AM Saturday morning - around four hours and 15 minutes - during a time when a few people travel on the roads.

Still, Colorado Bureau of Investigation says the Amber Alert was issued by the book, and that critical information still made it out to thousands of people statewide. Johnson says the system did not fail and that investigators will not give up on finding the boy.
Edit-change subject title. MB
"We're in it for the long haul to assist those local law enforcement agencies that request these Amber Alerts."

http://www.krdo.com/Global/story.asp?S=10435074
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:50:04 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 10:06:37 PM »

http://codeamber.org/guzmanco/
AMBER Alert Deactivated for 2 Year Old Colorado Boy
Posted: Saturday May 23, 2009 6:18 AM CT
Updated: Saturday June 26, 2010 11:18 AM CT

Code Amber deactivated this Amber Alert due to no new information on the child or suspect in over a year. They are believed to have fled to Mexico.

The State of Colorado issued the Amber Alert early Saturday morning (05-23) after the boy's parents failed to show up for a court appearance in Colorado Springs on Thursday. Custody of the boy was transferred to the state of Colorado due to allegations of child abuse. The boy requires medical attention due to sever burns he suffered in April to his hands. Police believe the suspects may be headed to Mexico with the boy.
Emanuel Guzman a 2 year old Hispanic male, 2', 30 pounds with brown eyes and brown hair.

There are two suspects. Carmen Aguilera is a 30 year old Hispanic female, 5' 6", 130 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Benito Guzman is a 29 year old Hispanic male, 5' 8", 180 pounds with black hair, brown eyes and has a mustache.

There are two possible suspect vehicles, a tan 2004 Ford pickup with Colorado tag number 491-SKZ or a brown 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Colorado tag number 781-SLH.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Colorado Springs Police Department at 719-444-7000 or dial 911.
Edit-change subject title . MB
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:51:21 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 05:22:30 PM »

Maybe the Amber Alert part can be removed from the title and put in date missing?

Edit-change subject title MB
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:51:47 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 06:37:14 PM »

Maybe the Amber Alert part can be removed from the title and put in date missing?

I thought about taking the Amber Alert part out, but am having  difficulty finding a date little Emanuel was last seen.    The articles say his hands were severely burned in April, and his parents didn't show up for a May 21st court date.  I think I'll note something other than a date, since at this point, it's unknown.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 06:52:28 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.