March 19, 2024, 03:10:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan 5 Michigan, Missing-Last seen 5/24/09 #1 (BODY FOUND)  (Read 628203 times)
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1260 on: June 01, 2009, 01:36:31 PM »

Leroy, I don't know for sure, this was just posted on Monroe Talks.   I just read on one of the MEN stories that James Easter is not on the national sex offender registry. He was convicted of indecent exposure years ago and a DNR conviction before that. Also, someone asked about the paternal grandmother taking off with money. Apparently, she was ASKED to leave Monroe due to not getting along with JB and family members.   

Thanks NoRose.  I haven't been following monroetalks that much since there seemed to be more bickering going on than anything.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1261 on: June 01, 2009, 01:38:41 PM »

I know what you mean, the drama on Monroe Talks was bad, it seems like it has calmed down.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1262 on: June 01, 2009, 01:56:10 PM »

Listening to that podcast of the radio interview with Neveah's mom only reaffirms my urge to slap her.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1263 on: June 01, 2009, 02:10:36 PM »

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19613009/detail.html

Minivan Sought In Missing Girl Case
Search For Missing Girl, 5, Continues

POSTED: Saturday, May 30, 2009
UPDATED: 11:29 am EDT June 1, 2009

MONROE, Mich. -- Police are looking for a green box-styled minivan in connection with the disappearance of a 5-year-old Monroe Girl.

Investigators said they believe the van was in the area where Navaeh Buchanan was last seen last Sunday night around 8 p.m.

Over the weekend, investigators questioned two young boys as potential witnesses who told them about the van that was seen in the area.

The boys were seen playing in the Hollywood Elementary school playground next to the Charlotte Arms apartments.

A third man who was named a person of interest in the case over the weekend has been cleared.

James Easter, 64, of Monroe was taken in for questioning Saturday. Investigators have not released specifics as to why he was considered, but have now reported he is no longer a person of interested in the case.

Easter was was arraigned Sunday on a misdemeanor arson charge for setting fire within city limits.

(snipped)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1264 on: June 01, 2009, 02:16:58 PM »

Thanks, so Easter is cleared of any involvement of Nevaeh.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1265 on: June 01, 2009, 02:29:52 PM »

That's good news about easter. Now they just need to find that van. The new Columbus tip sounded somewhat promising. Hopefully this child will be found safe. I have not given up on her.

Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #1266 on: June 01, 2009, 02:31:02 PM »

He is nasty anyway

The other two have not been cleared yet - correct?

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

is why we call it the PRESENT
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1267 on: June 01, 2009, 02:32:08 PM »

He is nasty anyway

I believe they have not been cleared.
Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #1268 on: June 01, 2009, 02:39:55 PM »

He is nasty anyway

I believe they have not been cleared.

They are nasty too but I do hope they are cleared - I don't want to think of what Nevaeh could have endured

Thanks NR

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

is why we call it the PRESENT
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1269 on: June 01, 2009, 02:57:40 PM »

Listening to that podcast of the radio interview with Neveah's mom only reaffirms my urge to slap her.

Yes, Pink - me too. . . actually, I want to do WAAAY more than slap her. Have you all HEARD this thing?!? The local radio talk show interview with JB calling in, as mentioned earlier. Here's the link again, if anyone missed it a few pages back:

http://greatermedia.cachefly.net/WCSX/DD/2009_05jenniferbuchanan.mp3

In it, JB has yet ANOTHER story regarding the evening the little girl went missing!
"... she come in the house, changed her clothes, told me that she's going back upstairs to her friend's house, and that's the last time I saw her..." (READ: Sooooo, essentially, you had no idea where your 5 year old had been playing, nor did you verify where she was going? You didn't even know she was outside?)

- re: calling the cops right away: "...wellllll, not exactly right away; spent about half an hour - 45 min. looking for her..... took a walk to the store & then I went back to that store & then back again, then I called the cops..."  (The store? What store?!? WTH?)

-  "no comment - I don't want to talk about nuthin' else but my daughter" (when asked about whether or not she contacted GK when trying to locate her little girl...)

- (emphatically) "... HAS to be someone from Monroe..." (Ranks right up there with stating that "...they put their hand over her mouth & took her out back..." How is it that she thinks she knows such things to be true!?!)

- "... no one really knows, if a person is a sex offender or not unless they've been 'legalled', anybody could be a sex offender." HUH?!? (READ: "I know worse people than him, sheesh! Give me a break!") What an outstanding citizen. Barf.

- re: GK being a sex offender: "... I didn't really HAVE a relationship with him..." (BUT, "Yea, he was like a father figure...")

We've already long ago ascertained that she is not too bright; but after listening to this thing . . . is she really THAT unbearably dim-witted that she cannot even speak in coherent sentences, or is she on something? The poor radio hosts were killing themselves trying to have an actual dialog with her - she seemed completely out of it! This did not sound like "overcome with grief", to me. . .
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1270 on: June 01, 2009, 03:06:19 PM »

Person of interest says he burned cardboard
by Ray Kisonas , last modified June 01. 2009 2:46PM

The most recently named person of interest in the Nevaeh Buchanan investigation said in court this afternoon that he was innocent of arson but admitted burning cardboard in his yard during the weekend.

James Easter, 64, of Monroe was in court on a misdemeanor arson charge but has been previously identified as one of several people the task force is looking at regarding the disappearance of 5-year-old Nevaeh more than a week ago.

In a packed courtroom, Mr. Easter, handcuffed and wearing a striped jail uniform, told First District Judge Jack Vitale that he did nothing wrong.

“The charge is not true,” he said. “I did burn cardboard. I did have a fire in back.”
Judge Vitale said he was told that Mr. Easter is no longer a person of interest in the case and set bond at $250 on the arson charge, which carries a maximum penalty of 93 days in jail and a $500 fine.

But Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said that Mr. Easter remains a person of interest and has not been completely cleared of possible involvement.

“We are not saying he is no longer a person of interest until we get all our evidence back,” the sheriff said. “We still have evidence at the lab.”

Investigators became interested in Mr. Easter after he allegedly was found to be burning materials in his yard. He also had visited the Charlotte Arms apartment complex where Nevaeh lives.

Mr. Easter said he hoped to have a family member post bond soon. He is not allowed to drink alcohol or possess a firearm, and must complete a court-ordered evaluation.

Mr. Easter is one of three named persons of interest. He is not a registered sex offender, but was convicted in 2000 on a misdemeanor indecent exposure charge.

http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090601/NEWS01/706019966

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1271 on: June 01, 2009, 03:09:53 PM »

I'm so confused on the arson charge Easter received.  I have family and friends in Michigan and all of them have a "burn pit" in there yard.  Whether they burn garbage or wood for a bon-fire, I've never heard of it being considered arson.  And none of them have ever gotten in trouble for it. 

Here in Ohio it is illegal to burn anything unless it is in a fully enclosed pit.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1272 on: June 01, 2009, 03:11:29 PM »

Tams   - thanks for the recap of the JB interview...I have not had a chance to listen to it yet.  Now I'm not even sure I want to -- that girl has a very jaded sense of reality!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1273 on: June 01, 2009, 03:13:00 PM »

Yes, Pink - me too. . . actually, I want to do WAAAY more than slap her. Have you all HEARD this thing?!? The local radio talk show interview with JB calling in, as mentioned earlier. Here's the link again, if anyone missed it a few pages back:

http://greatermedia.cachefly.net/WCSX/DD/2009_05jenniferbuchanan.mp3

In it, JB has yet ANOTHER story regarding the evening the little girl went missing!
"... she come in the house, changed her clothes, told me that she's going back upstairs to her friend's house, and that's the last time I saw her..." (READ: Sooooo, essentially, you had no idea where your 5 year old had been playing, nor did you verify where she was going? You didn't even know she was outside?)

- re: calling the cops right away: "...wellllll, not exactly right away; spent about half an hour - 45 min. looking for her..... took a walk to the store & then I went back to that store & then back again, then I called the cops..."  (The store? What store?!? WTH?)

-  "no comment - I don't want to talk about nuthin' else but my daughter" (when asked about whether or not she contacted GK when trying to locate her little girl...)

- (emphatically) "... HAS to be someone from Monroe..." (Ranks right up there with stating that "...they put their hand over her mouth & took her out back..." How is it that she thinks she knows such things to be true!?!)

- "... no one really knows, if a person is a sex offender or not unless they've been 'legalled', anybody could be a sex offender." HUH?!? (READ: "I know worse people than him, sheesh! Give me a break!") What an outstanding citizen. Barf.

- re: GK being a sex offender: "... I didn't really HAVE a relationship with him..." (BUT, "Yea, he was like a father figure...")

We've already long ago ascertained that she is not too bright; but after listening to this thing . . . is she really THAT unbearably dim-witted that she cannot even speak in coherent sentences, or is she on something? The poor radio hosts were killing themselves trying to have an actual dialog with her - she seemed completely out of it! This did not sound like "overcome with grief", to me. . .

Tam....spot on...

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1274 on: June 01, 2009, 03:27:48 PM »

Eeewwww that easter guy looks creepy!!
Not only that, but the neighbors saying he wears a speedo and sits in the kiddie pool. 

The most recently named person of interest in the Nevaeh Buchanan investigation said in court this afternoon that he was innocent of arson but admitted burning cardboard in his yard during the weekend.
James Easter, 64, of Monroe was in court on a misdemeanor arson charge but has been previously identified as one of several people the task force is looking at regarding the disappearance of 5-year-old Nevaeh more than a week ago.
In a packed courtroom, Mr. Easter, handcuffed and wearing a striped jail uniform, told First District Judge Jack Vitale that he did nothing wrong.
“The charge is not true,” he said. “I did burn cardboard. I did have a fire in back.”
Judge Vitale said he was told that Mr. Easter is no longer a person of interest in the case and set bond at $250 on the arson charge, which carries a maximum penalty of 93 days in jail and a $500 fine.
But Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said that Mr. Easter remains a person of interest and has not been completely cleared of possible involvement.
“We are not saying he is no longer a person of interest until we get all our evidence back,” the sheriff said. “We still have evidence at the lab.”
Investigators became interested in Mr. Easter after he allegedly was found to be burning materials in his yard. He also had visited the Charlotte Arms apartment complex where Nevaeh lives.
Mr. Easter said he hoped to have a family member post bond soon. He is not allowed to drink alcohol or possess a firearm, and must complete a court-ordered evaluation.
Mr. Easter is one of three named persons of interest. He is not a registered sex offender, but was convicted in 2000 on a misdemeanor indecent exposure charge.

rose, that makes me wanna puke!!
He is very much a creep, but I don't think we are going to find that he had anything to do with Nevaeh's disappearance, at least that is what I think. I don't even want to think about what he was burning in his backyard 

if he is in fact a registered sex offender, my guess is he was burning items that he had possesion of that would be cause for violation of his parole.....I'm just guessing here.  But then again if he is an SO then he already violation his probation by not registering right??  Seems strange he was only *arrested* for the fire incident and not anything else.

Maybe I should ask this first - do we know 100% that he is an RSO?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1275 on: June 01, 2009, 03:30:20 PM »

Eeewwww that easter guy looks creepy!!
Not only that, but the neighbors saying he wears a speedo and sits in the kiddie pool. 

rose, that makes me wanna puke!!
He is very much a creep, but I don't think we are going to find that he had anything to do with Nevaeh's disappearance, at least that is what I think. I don't even want to think about what he was burning in his backyard 

if he is in fact a registered sex offender, my guess is he was burning items that he had possesion of that would be cause for violation of his parole.....I'm just guessing here.  But then again if he is an SO then he already violation his probation by not registering right??  Seems strange he was only *arrested* for the fire incident and not anything else.

Maybe I should ask this first - do we know 100% that he is an RSO?

I have no idea what I did but I totally ruined that stack.  What I wanted to say is that he exposes himself and the neighbours say he walks around in a speedo but he is supposed to be harmless?  These cases and the familes involved are really getting strange.
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1276 on: June 01, 2009, 03:33:28 PM »

Hey Cookie, Leroy -

Have either of you ever heard of this 'store' before? Do we know of some sort of perhaps convenience store that is nearby? Any pics of it when they show the apartment complex? How far away is it? (I won't even ask "was she allowed to go there alone?" . . . shaking my head) I had to listen to that part of the radio interview a couple of times, thinking I wasn't hearing it right . . .
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1277 on: June 01, 2009, 03:35:58 PM »

Hey Cookie, Leroy -

Have either of you ever heard of this 'store' before? Do we know of some sort of perhaps convenience store that is nearby? Any pics of it when they show the apartment complex? How far away is it? (I won't even ask "was she allowed to go there alone?" . . . shaking my head) I had to listen to that part of the radio interview a couple of times, thinking I wasn't hearing it right . . .

I am trying to recall where the nearest store was when I drove by but I was trying to focus on twenty things at once.  What I can tell you is that McComb road is a pretty busy street and I would not allow my 5 year old anywhere near the street for any reason.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1278 on: June 01, 2009, 03:37:38 PM »

Mr. Easter is one of three named persons of interest. He is NOT a registered sex offender, but was convicted in 2000 on a misdemeanor indecent exposure charge.

-------
not defending him because I think he is pretty creepy but my friend's boyfriend got an indecent exposure misdeminor
Mr. Easter is one of three named persons of interest. He is not a registered sex offender, but was convicted in 2000 on a misdemeanor indecent exposure charge.  for peeing in public. He was taking a leak, in what he thought was a private area at a ball game. lol

Not so private, I guess.

------------------

Tam,

I'd like to do a whole lot MORE than slap her. (Nevaeh's mom) but I can't say that. It wouldn't be very angelic of me. ::adjusts halo:: ::insert monkey angel emot here::  (on quick reply lol)

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1279 on: June 01, 2009, 03:40:10 PM »

boy I screwed that up. if a mod sees it can they take out that second copy and paste of the Easter info. lol

SM isn't loading right for me. The box is jumping all over. Going to reboot.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.