March 19, 2024, 12:24:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan 5 Michigan, Missing-Last seen 5/24/09 #1 (BODY FOUND)  (Read 628175 times)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1380 on: June 03, 2009, 02:34:02 PM »

Good morning monkey friends -

Don't know if you all had seen this yet - LE has posted an additional $20,000 reward for Neveah's recovery:

http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090602/NEWS01/706039968/-1/NEVAEH

. . . I don't recall hearing about anything like this for other recent missing kiddos - what do you suppose that it means? In her drug-addled circle of acquaintances/connections, perhaps that will entice someone to talk; seems as though few if any of them are employed, yet maintain a drug/party lifestyle . . . JB included. On that note: where would SHE be getting the money for drugs (as has been widely reported/suspected, but do we know for fact?) . . . doesn't appear to me that she has a job . . .

Recently there was the kidnapped boy in California.  The FBI and local LE together put up $50,000 reward.  He was found in Mexico unharmed and it was suspected his kidnapping had something to do with drugs but possibly a mistaken identity.  I thought it was very unusual and I think $20,000 in this case is also unusual.

Great point, Klaas.  It's reasons like this that I have not given up hope.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1381 on: June 03, 2009, 03:14:20 PM »

Hi all. From what I understand from the locals, JB was definitely taken in for questioning last night again by 4 FBI agents.  The agents showed up after media left the complex.  Apparently a warrant was also served, and they confiscated her computer.  Unconfirmed reports are that JB is back home now.  But again, that's unconfirmed.

I agree with those who think this is going to be another Haleigh Cummings case.  Unless JB proves to be not as strong as Misty and breaks, this case will be around for a while.  I have a hard time believing this was an unplanned abduction by an unknown person.  I hear from the locals that it would be very uncharacteristic for this apartment complex to NOT be crawling with people outdoors on a warm Sunday evening, especially memorial day weekend.  If this was a true abduction, someone would have seen something.  JMHO

Thanks, that's what has been really bugging me, that is a busy weekend, and I just can't get past the fact that someone would not have seen or heard something. They should have confiscated her computer sooner, imo.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1382 on: June 03, 2009, 05:07:36 PM »

Hi all. From what I understand from the locals, JB was definitely taken in for questioning last night again by 4 FBI agents.  The agents showed up after media left the complex.  Apparently a warrant was also served, and they confiscated her computer.  Unconfirmed reports are that JB is back home now.  But again, that's unconfirmed.

I agree with those who think this is going to be another Haleigh Cummings case.  Unless JB proves to be not as strong as Misty and breaks, this case will be around for a while.  I have a hard time believing this was an unplanned abduction by an unknown person.  I hear from the locals that it would be very uncharacteristic for this apartment complex to NOT be crawling with people outdoors on a warm Sunday evening, especially memorial day weekend.  If this was a true abduction, someone would have seen something.  JMHO

Thanks, that's what has been really bugging me, that is a busy weekend, and I just can't get past the fact that someone would not have seen or heard something. They should have confiscated her computer sooner, imo.

rosie...my thoughts too...a busy apartment complex, child goes missing and no one sees anything? maybe there was nothing outside to see? 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1383 on: June 03, 2009, 05:09:39 PM »

I don't like the wording in this article, 20,000 dollar reward for the recovery of Nevaeh.  http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19613009/detail.html
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1384 on: June 03, 2009, 05:12:02 PM »

Actually, I think there may be good reason why they didn't.  She's been logging onto her myspace page throughout this entire ordeal.  I personally witnessed that.

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1385 on: June 03, 2009, 05:14:08 PM »

Actually, I think there may be good reason why they didn't.  She's been logging onto her myspace page throughout this entire ordeal.  I personally witnessed that.

I should clarify.  I personally was on her myspace page when the signal "online now" was flashing.  I don't personally know it was her.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1386 on: June 03, 2009, 05:20:09 PM »

Hey Jess...hanging in there with the hope still? me too..xxxx

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1387 on: June 03, 2009, 06:15:47 PM »

Can anyone clarify the recovery of Nevaeh for me please? That sounds to me that they believe she is deceased, otherwise would it not say safe return, or something to that nature? 
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1388 on: June 03, 2009, 06:25:26 PM »

Can anyone clarify the recovery of Nevaeh for me please? That sounds to me that they believe she is deceased, otherwise would it not say safe return, or something to that nature? 

I could not agree with you more that does not sit well... kind of goes hand in hand with (if i remember correctly)the mother this whole time talking about nevaeh in PAST tense.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1389 on: June 03, 2009, 06:55:01 PM »

I could not agree with you more that does not sit well... kind of goes hand in hand with (if i remember correctly)the mother this whole time talking about nevaeh in PAST tense.

When I hear the word recovery, that is what I think of. Was this poor choice of words, I don't know, very frustrating. Talking past tense, and other things the mother has said, don't add up.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1390 on: June 03, 2009, 06:59:13 PM »

We do not know when the pic was drawn, in what context it was drawn, who was drawing it with her, why they had her draw it. In a therapy session this is confidential, in school this is confidential. Neveah has privacy rights. She should not have her personal thoughts thrown out there for the world to analyze. It is inappropriate. JMHO

This little girl had her mom taken away and sent to jail.  For a little one she was gone an awful long time. Of course she is going to be upset with her, but you know that is her right and it is her personal feelings. Think about if she is alive and brought back home, is it right everyone knows about these pics, if she indeed drew them? It is not fair to this little girl and to be honest it makes me upset they are out there.

I thought those pics came from her school teacher, not therapy.  And yes, those pics should be private..yet at the same time they let us know, that if this little girl is found alive..she should under no circumstances be returned to Grandmom and Mom.  Those pics are worth a thousand words.

Gypsy with all do respect, in order to analyze the pics there are many factors that need to be known. First being, did she draw them of her own free will or was she in anyway prodded or prompted by anyone. There was an adult helping her due to the handwriting, how did this person explain the project and so on. This is why a psychologist can professionally determine the drawings in a controlled setting, the controlled setting being the most important factor.
I worked for a few years at a center for abused children and have participated in this type of session. Without a controlled setting, these pics are useless and show nothing of real value. Neveah could have just been upset at her mom because she wouldn't buy her a puppy, kwim?
I stand by my first statement, they are private and we, as the public, has no right to see them.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1391 on: June 03, 2009, 07:24:56 PM »

There is hope until....well you know, I hate to say it.  I refuse to believe she is not alive.

According to reports, there were kids outside playing with Neveah, then they had to go inside, leaving Neveah outside by herself, right? a bit later, one kid came to the mom and said she was playing by the street, but when she went out the girl was gone? Is the street a busy street? It just takes a second for a car to come up to a child and pull them in. Happens all of the time. If there is a park across the street a person could have waited until just the right moment. Did I mis-state anything?

I wish there were more facts to go on in this. It is frustrating to only have gossip and rumors to try to figure out where this child could be or what could have happened.   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1392 on: June 03, 2009, 07:57:31 PM »

Let's see what happens after LE checks out Nevaeh's mom's computer, what a goldmine of info I'm sure will be found. IMO, the mother has the answers.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1393 on: June 03, 2009, 10:44:06 PM »

all i can say is god help me if my child goes missing and le take my 'puter...i'm done for.  on the other hand either this woman (moms) has NO clue as when Nevaeh went missing or she is directly involved.  and whats up with all this ' i don't want my SO felon friends to be MAD at me,....ya don't even know their a SO 'till ya look up their sheet,....there all nice guys, so much one was a father -figure to my daughter (that I don't have, my moms has, 'cause i just got out of the pokey) but we weren't dating.....i was just letting him act like he was the father OF MY CHILD??? wtf is wrong with this woman???

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1394 on: June 04, 2009, 06:48:15 AM »

Good morning monkeys!

Praying that today is the day Nevaeh is found and brought home!

The first P.O.I. the RSO is speaking out from behind bars.
~personally I prefer P.O.S, I will let you all fill in the S, Wink ~

George Kennedy speaks out to @toledonews from jail about missing girl Nevaeh Buchanan 

http://bit.ly/llmve 

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1395 on: June 04, 2009, 06:51:59 AM »

I was going to post it. Darn it. Here is the article from the above link.
Edit to add link: http://bit.ly/llmve 
'I didn't take her,' detained man says from jail cell
By MARK REITER
BLADE STAFF WRITER

MONROE — After getting a phone call from distraught Jennifer Buchanan telling him that her daughter, Nevaeh, was missing, George Kennedy said he immediately went to the girl's North Macomb Street neighborhood to look for the 5-year-old.

Kennedy, 39, who was taken into custody on unrelated charges the night Nevaeh disappeared, told The Blade Wednesday that he drove with his girlfriend, Savannah Gray, to the child's preschool on Riverview Avenue, near her home in Charlotte Arms apartments, and then went to Greenwood Apartments to continue the search.

'I figured maybe she was back there playing. Savannah went one way and I went another way,' said Kennedy, who has been locked up on an unrelated parole violation in the Monroe County jail since May 24, when Nevaeh went missing. '"We went to certain areas that I thought she could be."

After a security guard told him that police had been at the apartments looking for her, Kennedy said Nevaeh's mother reached him on his cell phone to tell him that sheriff's deputies wanted to talk to him about the missing girl because they learned he was a convicted sex offender.

In an exclusive interview with The Blade, Kennedy said he wasted no time in returning to his Motel 7 room on South Dixie Highway, where he met his parole officer and sheriff's detectives, who put him in handcuffs and took him to the jail.

"I ain't got nothing to run from,' he said. 'I went back to the motel room to clear my name."

But Kennedy's past was revealed and his conviction for rape made him the focus of the investigation, he said.

The father of a 12-year-old daughter and an 18-year-old son, Kennedy was freed in July, 2007, from prison, where he had served part of a two to 15-year sentence for the sexual assault of a teen girl in 1998.

He denied that he kidnapped or killed Nevaeh, who was last seen riding a scooter in the parking lot of the apartment complex where she lives.

"I didn't take her and I definitely didn't kill her," he said.

When asked if he knows or suspects who is responsible, he said: "I have no clue. I wish that I did have some clue. I am hoping that she ain't dead. I still got my fingers crossed that they are going to find her alive."

Kennedy admitted that he knew having a relationship with Nevaeh's mother, 24, whom he met about two years ago at the parole office, could get him shipped back to prison.

Nevertheless, he said he formed a friendship with Nevaeh's mother, in part, because of loneliness.

"I am 39 years old. I don't want to grow old by myself. I just want a companion and to be happy. If they got a kid, I don't have a problem with that and helping them raise kids. I ain't preying on women to be with their kids," he said.

Kennedy said Buchanan and her mother, Sherry Buchanan, learned shortly after he met them that he was a registered sexual offender because they checked his offender status on a state Web site.

He said Sherry Buchanan, who took custody of Nevaeh while Jennifer spent 11 months in jail, made sure that he was never alone with the child.

"I was a father figure to that little girl," he said. "Because I am a sex offender it doesn't mean I have to bury myself under a rock. I have no regrets about knowing Nevaeh, her mother, or grandmother. I care about them a lot."

He admitted to giving gifts to Neveah, including the plastic motorcycles that her grandmother showed to the media last week.

Kennedy said he hasn't seen Nevaeh and her mother in more than a month, about the time he began dating Ms. Gray.

In the days after she disappeared, Kennedy and Roy Lee Smith emerged as
persons of interest as more than 100 investigators from local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies combed for clues, interviewed witnesses, searched units at Charlotte Arms, and dived into quarries.

Smith, also a convicted sex offender, was taken into custody on a parole violation stemming from a third-degree criminal sexual conduct conviction in 1991.
Kennedy said he met Smith, 48, in a sex-offender counseling class.

Kennedy said he was locked up in isolation for eight of the 11 days he has been jailed, and sheriff's deputies, police detectives, and FBI agents spent hours questioning him about his whereabouts when Nevaeh went missing and what he was doing before and after she vanished.

‘Locked down'
"They didn't want me talking to anybody. They had me locked down in a room for over a week," he said. "They wouldn't let me out for my own safety because everyone in the county wants to hurt me and crucify me."

He said he was cleared as a person of interest after authorities checked his alibis against witness statements, receipts, and video surveillance and came up with nothing.

He said he had used the car of his girlfriend's mother to take friends to the county inmate dormitory about 7:15 p.m. May 24 to visit their friend. He said he went to the motel and to a nearby gas station, where he believes he appeared on video. He went back to the dormitory and took his friends to their home.

Investigators searched Kennedy's motel room after a 5-year-old playmate said she witnessed Nevaeh being stabbed with a knife after going "into the woods ... to meet Daddy George" and an 8-year-old neighbor boy who said the girl was kidnapped by a "bad man" and stabbed.

Kennedy said he was 'clueless' to the statements of the children. "That is the first time I heard of that," he said. He said that Nevaeh was frightened
to go alone into the woods near the apartments.

"She wasn't going to go into the woods for anybody. I just don't see her doing that at all," he said.

Bloodstained shorts, a towel, and blood spots on a wall from his motel bathroom, and a multiknife tool set taken from a 1993 GMC van that Kennedy was driving were tested at the Michigan State Police crime lab.

However, Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said none of the property belonging to Kennedy matched Nevaeh's DNA.

Wound from fishing
Kennedy said there was blood in the motel room because he cut himself shaving and blood was left in the room after his girlfriend, Ms. Gray, bled after getting a tattoo. He said that he cut himself with the multiknife while fishing several days before Nevaeh vanished and may have left blood on it.

Kennedy said he had traded his Ford Thunderbird to Smith for his nephew's GMC van. He said he parked the van May 22 — two days before Nevaeh vanished — at the home of his girlfriend's mother on North Monroe Street after state troopers cited him for driving it without a valid registration.

Kennedy was convicted in March, 2002, on home invasion and fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct for the 1998 rape of a 15-year-old girl behind a gas station in Monroe County.

Kennedy was ordered into a 90-day state residential treatment program last December after parole violations for moving without approval and violating curfew, said John Cordell, spokesman for the Michigan Department of Corrections. He was released from the re-entry program in March.

Back to prison?
Mr. Cordell said Kennedy waived a hearing in jail on the recent parole violation for having contact with Nevaeh and her family and a recommendation was made to terminate his parole. If accepted, Kennedy could be sent to prison to serve the remainder of his original two to 15-year sentence.

Kennedy said he didn't want to fight the charges in court because "my parole officer has been trying to send me back to prison for years."

He said: "I knew I was going to go back to prison."

Monroe County Sheriff's Capt. Dan Motylinski said he could not confirm that Kennedy was no longer a person of interest in Nevaeh's disappearance.

Kennedy, who grew up in Haskins and Liberty Center, Ohio, southwest of Toledo, was one month away from being released from parole.

If he had gotten off parole, he said he had planned to move from Monroe to Ohio to be closer to his son and daughter, who lives with her mother in Toledo, and other family.

"There are no jobs to get here. There is nothing here for me. I was going to go where my family is at," he said.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 09:30:04 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1396 on: June 04, 2009, 07:13:23 AM »

This POS Kennedy is a bad, bad person - The fact that mom AND GMA had him near this child shows that this poor baby did not have a chance. Neither should get this child back - nor have custody of any other children.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1397 on: June 04, 2009, 08:29:08 AM »

This POS Kennedy is a bad, bad person - The fact that mom AND GMA had him near this child shows that this poor baby did not have a chance. Neither should get this child back - nor have custody of any other children.

AMEN!

I am hoping and wishing and praying. Let today be the day Nevaeh is found. By searchers, by LE, just guide her home god.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1398 on: June 04, 2009, 09:39:58 AM »

Thanks, Pink Angel for that article on Kennedy 
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1399 on: June 04, 2009, 09:54:16 AM »

Thanks, Pink Angel for that article on Kennedy 

Him and JB's stories don't quite match do they?
Savanna, Tonya, Jen, he's quite the ladies man.
He is also has a son and a daughter, I thought he just had a son.

Good morning NoRose and thanks to Ms. MuffyBee for once again fixing my mistake. It was early and I blame my sleeping fingers.

Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.