March 18, 2024, 08:53:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan 5 Michigan, Missing-Last seen 5/24/09 #1 (BODY FOUND)  (Read 628129 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1700 on: June 05, 2009, 11:04:41 AM »

locals at monroetalks are saying that during the presser the sheriff said that both Kennedy and Smith were "Transferred" as of this morning.  Any thoughts what that means?
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1701 on: June 05, 2009, 11:04:45 AM »

Mike Buchanan paused for composure, his face reddening, when asked about those responsible.

"I hope they get the most punishment possible - no matter who it is."

Does brother know more than he can contain by his body language?

I feel he is also getting the hinky from his sister....IMO

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1702 on: June 05, 2009, 11:06:31 AM »

'Reasonable suspicion' body is Nevaeh, sheriff says

Guy Bickley, 52, and his father, Lowell Kirk of Tennessee, told the Free Press on Thursday that they'd been standing atop concrete while fishing and it seemed to be crumbling away. They pushed at it, then saw human flesh.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS05/90605028/1007

This differs dramatically from what the guy's 15 year old son told the AP:

Ryan Bickley, 15, told The Associated Press that his father, Guy Bickley, 51, discovered the body encased in cement Thursday morning while fishing the River Raisin.

The teen said his father and grandfather were fishing from shore when Guy Bickley spotted a block of poured cement and noticed a bad aroma that he likened to a decomposing body. He said as his father moved closer to the cement block, the smell "overwhelmed them."

His father then chipped away a piece of the cement, revealing what appeared to be human skin. The men immediately called police.

http://news.aol.com/article/nevaeh-buchanan-missing/501280

Something is fishy here.  I feel it in my gut. 

We have seen multiple mistakes within what actually happens verses what the media is reporting in this case.  In another article it stated the ages of the fishermen were 52 and 67...so I am just gonna let these guys slide as good semeritans for now.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1703 on: June 05, 2009, 11:07:21 AM »

Guy Bickley, 52, and his father, Lowell Kirk of Tennessee, told the Free Press on Thursday that they'd been standing atop concrete while fishing and it seemed to be crumbling away. They pushed at it, then saw human flesh.

Ryan Bickley, 15, told The Associated Press that his father, Guy Bickley, 51, discovered the body encased in cement Thursday morning while fishing the River Raisin.

The teen said his father and grandfather were fishing from shore when Guy Bickley spotted a block of poured cement and noticed a bad aroma that he likened to a decomposing body. He said as his father moved closer to the cement block, the smell "overwhelmed them."

His father then chipped away a piece of the cement, revealing what appeared to be human skin. The men immediately called police.

was the 15yr old there at the scene? perhaps he got it wrong from hearing it from his dad or grand dad? dunno

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1704 on: June 05, 2009, 11:08:08 AM »

Mike Buchanan paused for composure, his face reddening, when asked about those responsible.

I think so too Dolce...

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1705 on: June 05, 2009, 11:08:35 AM »

<snipped>

Nevaeh's family members told the Detroit affiliate that they are even more suspicious now of George Kennedy, a 39-year-old registered sex offender and friend of Nevaeh's mother, who has been named a person of interest by Monroe County police.

Kennedy, who is jailed on probation violations for simply being associated with a child, works with cement in the area where the body was found, according to the family's statements to WXYZ.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7764316&page=2

Ok, sorry, but NO ONE IS THIS STUPID!!! 

1. He is a registered SO
2. He was/is on probation
3. He works with cement
4. Body found less than 20 mins from home

OK....sounds like a set up to me by someone really wanting to pin this down on Kennedy.  Jennifer................no one would be dumb enough to make this that obvious, I mean come on this is ridiculous now.

Dolce I also think that Kennedy was the one that swapped his Thunderbird for a van with either his g/f or nephew around the time of the disappearance.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1706 on: June 05, 2009, 11:08:37 AM »

Your gut, and my gut, can't quite put my finger on it yet.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1707 on: June 05, 2009, 11:08:44 AM »

Lucky they didn't mistake the smell for rotting pizza.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1708 on: June 05, 2009, 11:09:23 AM »

'Perp is still out in community'  from presser.

WTH is that supposed to mean?  The perp is currently wearing  a new suit and gets three hots and a cot?
To me it says that Jennifer is still in her apartment.
That's exactly how I took that comment.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1709 on: June 05, 2009, 11:11:02 AM »

Monkey Devil!  Bearly you cute little devil!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1710 on: June 05, 2009, 11:11:12 AM »

JessStar - thank you for the updates

No Rose - my WTH comment was meant toward the person who reported it not you.  Please know I was not upset with you you are such a sweet monkey that I feel really bad you may have taken that the wrong way.
Oh, I would never have taken that comment the wrong way, you are such a helpful and sweet person  an angelic monkey 
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1711 on: June 05, 2009, 11:11:19 AM »

WTH is that supposed to mean?  The perp is currently wearing  a new suit and gets three hots and a cot?

That is what I was thinking too, Dolce.

I believe in miracles!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1712 on: June 05, 2009, 11:12:33 AM »

Mich. body matches description of missing girl
By JEFF KAROUB Associated Press Writer © 2009 The Associated Press
June 5, 2009, 10:02AM

MONROE, Mich. — Authorities say a body discovered along a Michigan river appears to be a female roughly the same age as a 5-year-old girl who disappeared nearly two weeks ago.

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said Friday the body also appears to be the same size as Nevaeh (nuh-VAY'-uh) Buchanan. He says investigators have a "reasonable suspicion" the body is Nevaeh.

The body was found Thursday under cement along the banks of the River Raisin in Monroe County, about 7 miles from Nevaeh's home. Autopsy results were pending.

Crutchfield also says investigators recovered a shirt similar to the one Nevaeh was wearing at the time she vanished. Nevaeh was last seen May 24.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/national/6459510.html
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1713 on: June 05, 2009, 11:12:50 AM »

That's exactly how I took that comment.

I agree with all of you on this.  The Brother's statement is very telling to me.  He knows JB better than anyone.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1714 on: June 05, 2009, 11:14:05 AM »

I believe in miracles!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1715 on: June 05, 2009, 11:14:27 AM »

Monkey Devil!  Bearly you cute little devil!

Spewed my coffee across my desk.  So where is the bass boat to help with the search? 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1716 on: June 05, 2009, 11:18:33 AM »

Sherriff said that a Tee was found at the scene but did not say she was wearing it.  Also no mention of her shorts. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1717 on: June 05, 2009, 11:21:45 AM »

Police Have 'Reasonable Suspicion' That Child's Body Found Near River Is Missing Michigan Girl

Authorities said the body of a small child found encased in cement near a Michigan river is the same size, age and gender of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan and they have "reasonable suspicion" it is that of the missing girl.

An autopsy is being conducted on the little girl's remains, found by a father and son fishing along the banks of a river in southeast Michigan.

"The body appears to be of the same age, size and sex of Nevaeh Buchanan," Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield told reporters Friday at a news conference. "We have reasonable suspicion that this is the body of Nevaeh."

The medical examiner's findings will confirm whether the body is that of the missing child, who last was seen May 24 in the parking lot of her apartment complex in nearby Monroe, Mich., about seven miles from the grisly find.

Crutchfield said it appeared that the remains had been there for "quite some time." He wouldn't discuss specifics on persons of interest or suspects in the case, but did describe the culprit as depraved.

"It is a very sick or disturbed person we are looking for," he said.

Before Crutchfield spoke to the press, Nevaeh's grandmother Sherry Buchanan said she was still clinging to hope that the little girl was alive.

She said she wouldn't be certain the body found was her granddaughter "until I see that baby's face ... I'm not giving up hope yet because it could turn out to be another baby."

"They told me they won't know for sure until the DNA test is in," Buchanan said. "It hurts. It hurts not knowing."

The remains and other evidence were recovered from a shallow grave along the River Raisin's edge that had been covered with some kind of fast-drying cement powder, the Detroit Free Press reported early Friday.

At the 108-unit apartment complex where Nevaeh lived with her mother and grandmother, about 100 people showed up Thursday night to pay tribute to the missing girl. A makeshift shrine outside the house featured a large pasteboard with a drawing of Nevaeh's face encircled by a heart: "Nevaeh, we will find you." Another read: "We miss you. Please come home."

There have been no arrests in the case.

George Kennedy, 39, a registered sex offender, was one of at least two men previously identified by police as a "person of interest."

Kennedy told The Blade of Toledo, Ohio, in an interview published Thursday that he went to look for Buchanan after hearing from her mother that she had vanished.

Another man was cleared of involvement.

Kennedy is in custody on a parole violation. He is a friend of Nevaeh's mother.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525209,00.html
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1718 on: June 05, 2009, 11:24:56 AM »

Sherriff said that a Tee was found at the scene but did not say she was wearing it.  Also no mention of her shorts. 

Yes, I noticed the same thing, NoRo.  They did say no sign of trauma, though.  The rape of a 5 year old baby would look like trauma, I would think.  WTH happened to her?

I believe in miracles!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1719 on: June 05, 2009, 11:26:39 AM »

Yes, I noticed the same thing, NoRo.  They did say no sign of trauma, though.  The rape of a 5 year old baby would look like trauma, I would think.  WTH happened to her?

I am waiting on the autopsey report before I say what I think.  I feel that JB is all over this mess.  That poor child had no chance.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.