March 18, 2024, 10:28:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan 5 Michigan, Missing-Last seen 5/24/09 #1 (BODY FOUND)  (Read 628152 times)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1740 on: June 05, 2009, 12:14:37 PM »

I have been reading trying to catch up. But something has struck me about being encased in powdered quick setting concrete. For one thing, the bags of cement are very heavy, and I am sure it would have taken more than one to do the job. Another is, you would not just be able to pour the powder on the body and then add water. It doesn't work that way. You need a container to pour the cement into and then add water and stir it till it mixes. It is a time consuming process that would take a several minutes. I doubt if you could mix enough at one time to just pour and leave. You would have to repeat the process several times.

My point is, someone must have seen something. Even if it was at night. The car/van would have been parked on the road, there was a railing there. And much coming and going from it, carrying bags and buckets, possibly a shovel to stir and to dig a hole,  and the body. What's more, it seems very amatuerish. JMO

I've worked with fast setting concrete before to set fence posts.  It works pretty fast, and doesn't require mixing like regular cement.  You can pour the mix, add water, stir it around a bit, and it will set up in about 10 minutes.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1741 on: June 05, 2009, 12:15:39 PM »

The preschool, Taylor said, is funded by the state and geared toward at-risk children. He said the district takes socioeconomics and whether students are behind in their motor skills into consideration when admitting children to the school.
I read somewhere on another forum, that social services had been to the apt on more than one occasion. Surprise.

I read that as well No Rose.  I also recall there was a report of Nevaeh previously locking herself in a car as she did not want to be in the apt with the friends her mother had there.  No idea if it is true.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1742 on: June 05, 2009, 12:19:17 PM »

Hi everyone!   So sad, but I'm glad the wait is over for those that loved her to know where she is.

Now, let me get ugly!  I'm wondering if  Neveah's mother didn't do the same as so many of these horrible girls these days. If she wanted to have steady relationship with the SO, but knew they couldn't live together cause of her child...........maybe she had something to do with it in a big way..............
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1743 on: June 05, 2009, 12:20:46 PM »

More details from the fisherman that found the body.....

Newport man tells story of discovering body while on fishing outing
by Charles Slat , last modified June 05. 2009 11:25AM
For Guy Bickley, it will be a fishing trip he will remember for the rest of his life.
Mr. Bickley, 52, of Newport and his stepfather, Lowell Kirk, 72, of Tennessee stumbled upon what it believed to be the body of Nevaeh Buchanan, the 5-year-old Monroe girl who has been missing since May 24.
For more than two hours Thursday morning, he and his father fished the River Raisin at a site off Dixon Rd., literally with the body under their noses.
"We no more than got down to the bottom of the place and I noticed two rocks off to the side and some concrete on the ground. I figured maybe somebody was trying to fill in a hole or a low spot there," Mr. Bickley said.
"I was literally sitting on the rocks to the south of it and my feet were actually right on the concrete. In doing so, I was cracking it up with my feet right in the middle where there was a high spot."
After a time, the two fishermen became aware of a foul odor and thought it was a dead fish somewhere upstream.
"About an hour later or more — we were there for a few hours — and these blowflies or maggot flies started coming around. It was warming up and it started to smell more. Next thing, I look and these flies are all over my arms."
He also noticed that he had progressively cracked the concrete from stepping on it, getting up and down, and just moving his feet while fishing.
"I took my foot and pushed on the concrete and it went down and came right back up when I pressed on it," he said. "I took the toe of my workboot and pushed some of the concrete aside and there was skin. It was maybe 8-by-8 or 6-by-6 (inches) and I just knew it was skin. It wasn’t a dog or a cat, it was human skin.
"I told my dad we need to pack up and go to the truck. We went back up to the truck and called 911."
Mr. Bickley said the body apparently was encased in concrete.
"It was a bit of an oblong shape; you could tell someone had crudely poured some concrete in a void here. Nobody just laid it down. I thought it was somebody trying to patch up a hole so it wouldn’t erode away.
"I had a sinking feeling that there was more here than met our eyes and, sure enough, when I pushed the concrete aside there, it was some skin."
Mr. Bickley said he thought it was part of a small back that he was seeing.
"I’m not sure, but if so I would almost have to have been in a down-facing fetus position. You could see no hair or extremities."
It was shortly after noon when he reported his discovery to police. He and his stepfather ended up at the sheriff’s office until 10 p.m., telling their stories to investigators.
Mr. Bickley says he’s driven by the makeshift fishing site many times before, but never stopped. He won’t be going back again.
"What a freak thing," he said. "What’s the odds — they’re astronomical. I have better chances of winning the lottery than stumbling across something like that. And I stood on the poor thing.
"It was a terrible day," he said. "I’ve got two children and it was almost impossible not to think of them."
Community mourns loss of Nevaeh
Evidence still being gathered, sheriff says
Latest Nevaeh developments

http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090605/NEWS01/706059984
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1744 on: June 05, 2009, 12:21:33 PM »

Newport man tells story of discovering body while on fishing outing
by Charles Slat , last modified June 05. 2009 11:25AM

For Guy Bickley, it will be a fishing trip he will remember for the rest of his life.
Mr. Bickley, 52, of Newport and his stepfather, Lowell Kirk, 72, of Tennessee stumbled upon what it believed to be the body of Nevaeh Buchanan, the 5-year-old Monroe girl who has been missing since May 24.
For more than two hours Thursday morning, he and his father fished the River Raisin at a site off Dixon Rd., literally with the body under their noses.
"We no more than got down to the bottom of the place and I noticed two rocks off to the side and some concrete on the ground. I figured maybe somebody was trying to fill in a hole or a low spot there," Mr. Bickley said.
"I was literally sitting on the rocks to the south of it and my feet were actually right on the concrete. In doing so, I was cracking it up with my feet right in the middle where there was a high spot."

After a time, the two fishermen became aware of a foul odor and thought it was a dead fish somewhere upstream.
"About an hour later or more — we were there for a few hours — and these blowflies or maggot flies started coming around. It was warming up and it started to smell more. Next thing, I look and these flies are all over my arms."
He also noticed that he had progressively cracked the concrete from stepping on it, getting up and down, and just moving his feet while fishing.
"I took my foot and pushed on the concrete and it went down and came right back up when I pressed on it," he said. "I took the toe of my workboot and pushed some of the concrete aside and there was skin. It was maybe 8-by-8 or 6-by-6 (inches) and I just knew it was skin. It wasn’t a dog or a cat, it was human skin.
"I told my dad we need to pack up and go to the truck. We went back up to the truck and called 911."
Mr. Bickley said the body apparently was encased in concrete.
"It was a bit of an oblong shape; you could tell someone had crudely poured some concrete in a void here. Nobody just laid it down. I thought it was somebody trying to patch up a hole so it wouldn’t erode away.
"I had a sinking feeling that there was more here than met our eyes and, sure enough, when I pushed the concrete aside there, it was some skin."
Mr. Bickley said he thought it was part of a small back that he was seeing.
"I’m not sure, but if so I would almost have to have been in a down-facing fetus position.
You could see no hair or extremities."
It was shortly after noon when he reported his discovery to police. He and his stepfather ended up at the sheriff’s office until 10 p.m., telling their stories to investigators.
Mr. Bickley says he’s driven by the makeshift fishing site many times before, but never stopped. He won’t be going back again.
"What a freak thing," he said. "What’s the odds — they’re astronomical. I have better chances of winning the lottery than stumbling across something like that. And I stood on the poor thing.
"It was a terrible day," he said. "I’ve got two children and it was almost impossible not to think of them."

http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090605/NEWS01/706059984
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1745 on: June 05, 2009, 12:23:19 PM »

I have been reading trying to catch up. But something has struck me about being encased in powdered quick setting concrete. For one thing, the bags of cement are very heavy, and I am sure it would have taken more than one to do the job. Another is, you would not just be able to pour the powder on the body and then add water. It doesn't work that way. You need a container to pour the cement into and then add water and stir it till it mixes. It is a time consuming process that would take a several minutes. I doubt if you could mix enough at one time to just pour and leave. You would have to repeat the process several times.

My point is, someone must have seen something. Even if it was at night. The car/van would have been parked on the road, there was a railing there. And much coming and going from it, carrying bags and buckets, possibly a shovel to stir and to dig a hole,  and the body. What's more, it seems very amatuerish. JMO

I've worked with fast setting concrete before to set fence posts.  It works pretty fast, and doesn't require mixing like regular cement.  You can pour the mix, add water, stir it around a bit, and it will set up in about 10 minutes.

Quickcrete comes in 60 lb bags - I carry them by myself and I am no amazon woman.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1746 on: June 05, 2009, 12:24:48 PM »

Here are my thoughts; If the friends mother says she left them out to play then maybe she would/could be held responsible, so she does have a motive to lie. I really think GK and his gf are in on this. There is just too many "coincidences" for him not to be. As for the muthas involvement I think there is something there as well... just not sure to what extent. At the very least child endangerment/neglect, but I really think there is more given that she was more concerned about GK being mad at her than her own missing daughter! Lets face it she was NOT the mother of the year and her maternal instincts are non-existant.
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1747 on: June 05, 2009, 12:27:34 PM »

Here are my thoughts; If the friends mother says she left them out to play then maybe she would/could be held responsible, so she does have a motive to lie. I really think GK and his gf are in on this. There is just too many "coincidences" for him not to be. As for the muthas involvement I think there is something there as well... just not sure to what extent. At the very least child endangerment/neglect, but I really think there is more given that she was more concerned about GK being mad at her than her own missing daughter! Lets face it she was NOT the mother of the year and her maternal instincts are non-existant.

Her child goes missing and who does she call? Naturally her sex offender friend of course. GMAFB
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1748 on: June 05, 2009, 12:29:16 PM »

I think JB is in tis up to her eyeballs.  None of her storys or reactions have made any sense.  She keeps changing both the timeline and her role during the day with Neveah.

No trauma could mean smothered..which is very common type of killing when the vic is known by the murderer.  I really believe that JB did this and then strated into action a series of events to put the focus on GK, knowing he was a RSO and the State would jump on him.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1749 on: June 05, 2009, 12:35:18 PM »

Seems like it would have to be a person somewhat knowledgable about the fishing spots there. Knew that there was a place that had some rocks or blocks that another roughly made block of concrete wouldn't be immediately noticable. could be possible JB had been there before with Kennedy?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1750 on: June 05, 2009, 12:37:24 PM »

Seems like it would have to be a person somewhat knowledgable about the fishing spots there. Knew that there was a place that had some rocks or blocks that another roughly made block of concrete wouldn't be immediately noticable. could be possible JB had been there before with Kennedy?

Kenedy and his buddy Smith are known to have fished that area often from an article last night.
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1751 on: June 05, 2009, 12:39:51 PM »

I think JB is in tis up to her eyeballs.  None of her storys or reactions have made any sense.  She keeps changing both the timeline and her role during the day with Neveah.

No trauma could mean smothered..which is very common type of killing when the vic is known by the murderer.  I really believe that JB did this and then strated into action a series of events to put the focus on GK, knowing he was a RSO and the State would jump on him.

WE also need to remember Sandra Cantus body showed no obvious signs of trauma as well
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1752 on: June 05, 2009, 12:39:54 PM »

Quickcrete comes in 60 lb bags - I carry them by myself and I am no amazon woman.

I am agreeing with both of you...There would still be much going and coming from the vehicle, and from working with the quick setting concrete, I doubt that just one bag would do the job. Unless there was a wagon or wheelbarrow used. That would have left tracks, and with the footing there from the videos from yesterday, I think either would be unwieldy in that terrain. Seem like there would almost have to be two people doing the job, although a guess one really determined person could do it. JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1753 on: June 05, 2009, 12:39:57 PM »

"Because I am a sex offender it doesn't mean I have to bury myself under a rock." Right out of George Kennedy's mouth. 

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1754 on: June 05, 2009, 12:39:57 PM »

It's all so sick, another innocent victim. I hope that the person was as sloppy as they were evil and that LE can put them away asap.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1755 on: June 05, 2009, 12:44:53 PM »

River combed for clues in Nevaeh case
'Reasonable suspicion' body found is missing 5-year-old

Updated at 12:01 p.m.
Now that the body of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan has likely been found, investigators are in the midst of painstakingly combing the banks of the River Raisin for clues, an FBI agent said this morning.

Every inch of soil needs to be sifted," said Special Agent Andrew Arena. "It's tedious and, honestly, a little dangerous for our searchers along the steep riverbank."

Law-enforcement officials this morning confirmed that a body found Thursday by fishermen matches Nevaeh in height, gender and description. Family members haven't identified the body yet, said Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield, but it appears to be the girl who went missing May 24.

Two fishermen discovered the body under a layer of what appeared to be concrete that had been poured over a shallow grave, Arena said.

The girl had been buried there "for quite a while," Crutchfield said.

Arena said the concrete mix poured atop the body might have been mixed with river water. The grave was inches from the river, he said.

While FBI profilers are working to try to narrow down the type of individual likely responsible, Crutchfield said "that person, to our knowledge, is still out in the community."

"I'm of the opinion this is a sick and disturbed person we're looking for," he told reporters.

Officials wouldn't comment on the ongoing investigation except to say they've fielded more than 1,000 leads and they're following each of them.

The girl hadn't suffered obvious trauma, officials said. Wayne County's medical examiner will conduct the autopsy today.

Under contract to do all of Monroe County's autopsies, the Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office received the body overnight, Chief Investigator Albert Samuels said just before noon. Removed from the concrete used to conceal it, the body still needs a formal identification, he said.

"We have to positively identify that’s who this is," he said. The autopsy should be done sometime this afternoon. "We’re doing dental work as well as the autopsy.”

"When a body is recovered like this, it's difficult for a layman" to tell the cause of death, Arena said. "There were no apparent blows to the head or anything like that."

The fishermen said they found the body about noon Thursday. Crutchfield said that a task force arrived about 3 p.m. and confirmed that the site indeed was a burial spot.

The area is cordoned off during the search by land, air and water, Crutchfield said. Divers will be searching the water and analyzing the soil.

Crutchfield said the discovery has been difficult for investigators.

"Most of the people involved have children or grandchildren of that age, so it's very personal for them," he said. "It's heartbreaking."

'She didn't deserve to die'
Nevaeh's uncle, Mike Buchanan of Newport, arrived at his sister's Monroe apartment complex at about 10 a.m. today, still grasping "that 1% chance it still might not be" Nevaeh's body. He said Nevaeh's mother, Jennifer Buchanan, who remains in seclusion, is understandably devastated.

"She can't believe her daughter had to go through this," he said.

Mike Buchanan said he wasn't sure if the family planned to travel to Detroit to see if the body there is Nevaeh.

"If it is, we do have some type of closure, even if it is for the worst," her uncle said. Grateful to the two fishermen who made the discovery, Mike Buchanan hurts for them, too. "I feel sorry for them," he said.

Mike Buchanan paused for composure, his face reddening, when asked about those responsible.

"I hope they get the most punishment possible -- no matter who it is."

Anger percolated from the Buchanans' cousin, Shaun Lawson, who asked those gathered if allegations his little cousin was found entombed in concrete was true.

"If she was, it would have to be one of the most sickest individuals across this nation," Lawson said. "She didn't deserve to die. She didn't deserve to be kidnapped. And you're still walking these streets. I hope you get what's coming to you -- and you will."

Hundreds of volunteers had searched daily for Nevaeh, marking off with black marker areas they'd covered on a tattered map.

Three men, each with sexual assault backgrounds, have been questioned. At least one has been eliminated as a person of interest; no one has been arrested in the disappearance and apparent death.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS05/90605028/?imw=Y

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1756 on: June 05, 2009, 12:48:36 PM »

Something else that I thought of is that bags of cement are not the cleanest things in the world either. There should be some evidence of it being carried in someone's vehicle....Especially someone's vehicle that has no good explanation for it being there. The bucket or container that it was mixed in was probably thrown into the river, along with the shovel. I hope they are searching the river today.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1757 on: June 05, 2009, 12:49:21 PM »

Nevaeh Buchanan Murder Update
By Dan Sevigny, Community Contributor -- Published: June 05, 2009

Nevaeh Buchanan Murder Update: Neveah Buchanan's body was found a just days ago and two men have already been arrested in an ongoing investigation of the greusom crime against a child. George Kennedy appears to be the prime suspect in the case, but no evidence has directly implicated him in the crime at this time.

Kennedy, a former prison inmate and registered sex offender is said to have been a “father figure” to the young girl”
"George had a good relationship upon my daughter as a father figure, always there for her.

If he came around she'd see him she'd run up to him and hug him," Jennifer Buchanan told MyFOXDetroit during an interview this morning.

Jennifer had dated George for some time, before cutting off the relationship but remaining friends and neighbors.
Jennifer seems convinced that neither of the men arrested had anything to do with her daughter’s demise, and believes that her daughter is alive somewhere.

"Someone, either George or Roy, knows something," she told MyFOXDetroit. "I just have got to believe that my daughter isn't dead until I have a body. I don't want to sit around and wait — I don't want to wait for any kind of news, whether it is good or bad."The Monroe County Sheriffs Office says there is no reason to believe the girl is dead, though a search warrant they provided says there is evidence that the 5-year-old was stabbed, MyFOXDetroit.com reported.

This investigation will take a turn one way or another when the DNA results come back to either confirm or deny that the body found in the river is Nevaeh.

http://www.alternativehealthjournal.com/article/nevaeh_buchanan_murder_update/3465
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1758 on: June 05, 2009, 12:49:40 PM »

Alright, I am not a concrete specialist or anything, but from what I have seen walking on it with sidewalks and roads....I would think that someone like Kennedy who works with concrete would know how to set it right so that it would not crumble....but someone like me would not and might add too much water, might not mix it right, or would be dumb enough to pour the powder on and then just dump some water ontop without mixing.

........sounds like a JB job.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1759 on: June 05, 2009, 12:50:08 PM »

NorthernRose, your post above just answered my question about the riverbanks. I hope they go further out.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.