March 19, 2024, 03:24:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan 5 Michigan, Missing-Last seen 5/24/09 #1 (BODY FOUND)  (Read 628207 times)
Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #1820 on: June 05, 2009, 03:28:32 PM »

Mike Buchanan paused for composure, his face reddening, when asked about those responsible.

"I hope they get the most punishment possible -- no matter who it is."

Don't those last five words make you wonder

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

is why we call it the PRESENT
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1821 on: June 05, 2009, 03:32:00 PM »

Mike Buchanan paused for composure, his face reddening, when asked about those responsible.

Don't those last five words make you wonder
Yes, it does, and those five words say a lot 
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1822 on: June 05, 2009, 03:35:29 PM »

I find it exceptionally curious that Jennifer is saying she is not at the apt. with her mother, brother and extended family, but is staying with friends elsewhere.  Why would you not want to be where your family is unless you have something to hide from them?

Probably because it's not her choice.  Her family probably doesn't want to be anywhere near her.

If she is a druggie she needs to get high and can't do that with all the family in the apartment.  So she leaves to go live with some friends who will take care of her until the cops come to arrest her..that's my take.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1823 on: June 05, 2009, 03:37:05 PM »

I find it exceptionally curious that Jennifer is saying she is not at the apt. with her mother, brother and extended family, but is staying with friends elsewhere.  Why would you not want to be where your family is unless you have something to hide from them?

I couldn't agree more with you, NoRose!!  She is only adding to the suspicion that already surrounds her!! 

Disclaimer here!!  IIRC  she has a heroin problem, I would imagine her need to get loaded is amped up to the max right now, there's a lot of spotlight at the family home, a lot of family around. She prolly wants to be able to get high and have her pity party JB style........   If I am mis-remebering about her drug usage please disregard this but even if it's any other drug, the scenario would be the same, she can't very well be toking on a joint to calm down with the press camped out and disapproving (rightly so) family members breathing down your neck.
MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

MONAVIE- Drink it. Feel it. Share it.

« Reply #1824 on: June 05, 2009, 03:38:44 PM »

That and she doesnt know how or where to begin looking to find out who did this, listen to her flat affect considering the conversation.   I hear some level of guilt & all along a ton of deception.
Video to the right http://www.wxyz.com/news/story/SHERIFF-Childs-Body-Likely-Nevaeh/fFEMT9cZFEeBAFg2_uC6-g.cspx

I would imagine that there is great tension within her family, her brother seems to be indicating that he doesn't believe his sister.  

I agree something definitely wrong with her not being w/ her family...also I would be soooooooooooo out of my head with grief "the next day" after my daughter was found I could probably not even speak to media  & do nothing but bawl........like  i am doing now & I don't even personally know them   MOM IS GUILTY!!!
MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1825 on: June 05, 2009, 03:40:24 PM »

Probably because it's not her choice.  Her family probably doesn't want to be anywhere near her.

If she is a druggie she needs to get high and can't do that with all the family in the apartment.  So she leaves to go live with some friends who will take care of her until the cops come to arrest her..that's my take.

I agree 1,0000 %
MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1826 on: June 05, 2009, 03:41:13 PM »

oops sorry for posting in your post
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1827 on: June 05, 2009, 03:45:49 PM »

Video interview with man that found Neveah's body

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/19668233/index.html

Thanks for sharing N2WISHN...

I'm not trying to be mean or nit-pick (sp?) this man... but when I first started watching the video I couldn't help but think how much he resembles and sounds like Drew Peterson.  imo

Poor guy... breaking down at the thought of her.  So sad   Crying or Very sad  he is right, though... PURE EVIL!!

I know what you mean. I'm suspicious and question everything, sometimes to my own confusion. Still can't get that poor excuse of a mother out of my head.......
I am the exact same way, and it is very confusing, isn't it?  The explanation from the fisherman, it sounded like from a horror movie 

I just got caught up again, and I just want to say I cried right along with the man describing how he and his father found Nevaeh. All they wanted to do was have a fishing day together like they had done probably hundreds of times before. Now they will be marked forever by this event, and come under the scutiny of everyone because they just happened to be the ones that found her.

We look at everybody with a jaundiced eye that has even the remotest thing to do with Nevaeh. The man looked nothing like a relative of mine who lives in northern Michigan, but I could close my eyes and hear him saying the exact words with the same accent and breaking down crying over finding the child, and the evil thing that was committed. I feel totally heartbroken for him and his father and their family. When there is evil umongst us, it spreads it ugly tentacles and overuns even the innocent. JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1828 on: June 05, 2009, 03:47:21 PM »

No problem Munk..you Miz Jay and I seem to be on the same wave length..and her think her brother suspects the same thing too..as well as her guilt.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1829 on: June 05, 2009, 03:57:44 PM »

No problem Munk..you Miz Jay and I seem to be on the same wave length..and her think her brother suspects the same thing too..as well as her guilt.

Yep, her brother has probably heard every excuse and explanation that a burn-out can muster up. To the user, the story always makes perfect sense, but to the straight one, it's like WTH did she just say!
MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1830 on: June 05, 2009, 04:14:55 PM »

Yep, her brother has probably heard every excuse and explanation that a burn-out can muster up. To the user, the story always makes perfect sense, but to the straight one, it's like WTH did she just say!

We'll see if us 3 "munkeyteers" are right or not
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1831 on: June 05, 2009, 04:15:54 PM »

Boy didn't see Nevaeh taken
BY TAMMY STABLES BATTAGLIA • FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER • June 5, 2009

Updated at 3:17 p.m.
Despite a search warrant that says an 8-year-old boy saw a man stab his playmate Nevaeh Buchanan in woods, the boy saw nothing, his mother said.

“She left our house at 3:30, 3:45,” said Austin Kuhn's mother, Crystal Kuhn, 33, who lives a floor up from Nevaeh’s apartment. “They had to go to the store.”

The two children had played inside the boy’s apartment most of the afternoon, then Nevaeh left with her mother, Jennifer Buchanan, Kuhn said.

The next thing Kuhn heard, Nevaeh was missing. Devastated, Kuhn shudders to think what else could have been.

“I'm really sad that that happened to her -- but I'm glad it wasn't him," she said, her face tightening, tears welling.

After Thursday’s candlelight vigil, Kuhn held her son and pointed to the sky.

"We picked out a star and said it was Nevaeh," Kuhn said today. She said Austin asked: "Why did this happen to my friend? Why did this happen to me?"

A neighbor took him aside, trying to explain away the pain. And while investigators try to determine who took Nevaeh while she rode her scooter outside, the boy said before he left for school today he'll always keep her spirit inside him.

"Nevaeh's my friend and I'm her friend," he said. "She's in my heart forever."

http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS05/90605036/Boy+didn+t+see+Nevaeh+taken
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1832 on: June 05, 2009, 04:18:37 PM »

Nevaeh's grandma won’t give up her faith
By SUZETTE HACKNEY • FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER • June 5, 2009

Despite the discovery of what is likely a small child's body, Nevaeh Buchanan's grandmother refuses to accept that the missing 5-year-old Monroe girl is dead.

"I am not giving up my faith," Sherry Buchanan said this afternoon. "I don't know who this person is. I have to see for myself to know if it is my baby.

"I just feel in my heart until I see her face to face. ... I am not going to give up my faith yet," she said.

Earlier today, law enforcement officials said a small body was recovered Thursday along the River Raisin that matched Nevaeh's description.

Buchanan said when she heard about the discovery she cried, but "imagine if it's somebody else."

Buchanan said Nevaeh's mother, Jennifer Buchanan, who remains holed up in her apartment here, is distraught but also not giving up hope. She said police promised the family they could see the body after all the evidence is collected -- possibly as early as later today or over the weekend.

"I have to wait until I know for sure, " Buchanan said.

Asked what she would do to the alleged killer if the body is that of Nevaeh's, Buchanan said: "I'm gonna get 'em
http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS06/90605063
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1833 on: June 05, 2009, 04:21:22 PM »

Burial area favored by anglers, locals say
By Gina Damron • Free Press Staff Writer • June 5, 2009

Howard Clark took his puppy Gabe for a walk today near the edge of his backyard, along the River Raisin – just up the road from where a body, believed to be that of a missing Monroe child, was found yesterday in a shallow grave.

Police believe it was the body of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan buried next to the river and covered with quick-drying cement in an area popular with locals fishing for bass, catfish and pike.

Dixon Road in Raisinville Township, which runs along the river, was blocked off today near where the body was found. Clark, 56, describes the embankment as steep and around a curve in the roadway outlined by a guardrail.

It’s not unusual, Clark said, to see cars parked along the roadway.

But he wouldn’t be surprised if those responsible were familiar with the area.“Somebody had to know this area to do it,” Clark said.

Arnold and Rita Fritzler, both 77 and living on 50 acres in adjacent Dundee Township, said the quiet towns are known for farming, not crime.

“It’s very upsetting,” Rita Fritzler said, sitting at her kitchen table, which was covered in a cloth that reads, “Home Sweet Home” and “Peace and Plenty.”

Her husband added: “You wouldn’t think of it out here.”

http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS05/90605070/Burial+area+favored+by+anglers++locals+say

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1834 on: June 05, 2009, 04:27:58 PM »

Cause of Nevaeh's death likely won't be determined today
By AMBER HUNT AND TAMMY STABLES BATTAGLIA • FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS • June 5, 2009

Updated at 3:45 p.m.
Nevaeh Buchanan's family likely won't learn today what killed the little girl whose body was discovered Thursday by fishermen, the Free Press has learned.

While officials with the Wayne County Medical Examiner's office hoped to pin down the cause this afternoon, it's expected to be listed as "pending" until a pathologist makes a conclusive determination, a source has told the newspaper. .

Investigators said that might be because there were no outward signs of trauma to the little girl's body. Causes of death are often kept open as "pending" when further testing is needed after a preliminary examination.

The body was found beneath a layer of crudely mixed concrete in a shallow grave along the River Raisin. Though authorities are waiting to officially confirm the remains are Nevaeh, Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said the body is the same age, height and gender as the girl who went missing May 24.

Meanwhile, investigators were painstakingly combing the banks of the River Raisin for clues, an FBI agent said this morning.

"Every inch of soil needs to be sifted," said Special Agent Andrew Arena. "It's tedious and, honestly, a little dangerous for our searchers along the steep riverbank."

Two fishermen discovered the body under a layer of what appeared to be concrete that had been poured over a shallow grave, Arena said.

The girl had been buried there "for quite a while," Crutchfield said.

Arena said the concrete mix poured atop the body might have been mixed with river water. The grave was inches from the river, he said.

While FBI profilers are working to try to narrow down the type of individual likely responsible, Crutchfield said "that person, to our knowledge, is still out in the community."

"I'm of the opinion this is a sick and disturbed person we're looking for," he told reporters.

Officials wouldn't comment on the ongoing investigation except to say they've fielded more than 1,000 leads and they're following each of them.

The girl hadn't suffered obvious trauma, officials said. Wayne County's medical examiner will conduct the autopsy today.

Under contract to do all of Monroe County's autopsies, the Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office received the body overnight, Chief Investigator Albert Samuels said just before noon. Removed from the concrete used to conceal it, the body still needs a formal identification, he said.

"We have to positively identify that’s who this is," he said. "We’re doing dental work as well as the autopsy.”

"When a body is recovered like this, it's difficult for a layman" to tell the cause of death, Arena said. "There were no apparent blows to the head or anything like that."

The fishermen said they found the body about noon Thursday. Crutchfield said that a task force arrived about 3 p.m. and confirmed that the site indeed was a burial spot.

The area is cordoned off during the search by land, air and water, Crutchfield said. Divers will be searching the water and analyzing the soil.

Crutchfield said the discovery has been difficult for investigators.

"Most of the people involved have children or grandchildren of that age, so it's very personal for them," he said. "It's heartbreaking."

'She didn't deserve to die'
Nevaeh's uncle, Mike Buchanan of Newport, arrived at his sister's Monroe apartment complex at about 10 a.m. today, still grasping "that 1% chance it still might not be" Nevaeh's body. He said Nevaeh's mother, Jennifer Buchanan, who remains in seclusion, is understandably devastated.

"She can't believe her daughter had to go through this," he said.

Mike Buchanan said he wasn't sure if the family planned to travel to Detroit to see if the body there is Nevaeh.

"If it is, we do have some type of closure, even if it is for the worst," her uncle said. Grateful to the two fishermen who made the discovery, Mike Buchanan hurts for them, too. "I feel sorry for them," he said.

(3 of 3)

Anger percolated from the Buchanans' cousin, Shaun Lawson, who asked those gathered if allegations his little cousin was found entombed in concrete was true.

"If she was, it would have to be one of the most sickest individuals across this nation," Lawson said. "She didn't deserve to die. She didn't deserve to be kidnapped. And you're still walking these streets. I hope you get what's coming to you -- and you will."

Hundreds of volunteers had searched daily for Nevaeh, marking off with black marker areas they'd covered on a tattered map.

Three men, each with sexual assault backgrounds, have been questioned. At least one has been eliminated as a person of interest; no one has been arrested in the disappearance and apparent death.

Come back to freep.com throughout the day for updates on this developing story.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS05/90605028/Cause+of+Nevaeh+s+death+likely+won+t+be+determined+today

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1835 on: June 05, 2009, 04:31:50 PM »

Police suspect body found is missing girl

MONROE, Mich. -
Authorities have a “reasonable suspicion” that a child’s body buried on the banks of a river is that of a 5-year-old girl who disappeared nearly two weeks ago, the Monroe County sheriff said Friday.

“The body in appearance appears to be of the same age, size and sex of Nevaeh Buchanan,” Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said at a news conference. “We have reasonable suspicion that this is the body of Nevaeh.”

Crutchfield said an autopsy was being conducted by the Wayne County medical examiner’s office, and all evidence recovered from the scene was to be submitted to the state police crime lab.

Investigators hoped autopsy and toxicology test results would confirm a cause of death. There were no obvious signs of violence to the body, Crutchfield said.

Investigators recovered a shirt similar to the one Nevaeh was wearing “at the time she was abducted,” Crutchfield said. Authorities would not say whether she was wearing the shirt.

The body was discovered Thursday afternoon by a father and son fishing along the banks of the River Raisin in Monroe County’s rural Raisinville Township.

Some type of cement was found on top of the body, which appeared to be buried in a shallow grave, said Andrew Arena, special agent in charge of the FBI’s Detroit office. It wasn’t clear whether it was a slab or someone poured cement on the grave.

Arena said the person who disposed of the body would need to be in good physical shape, given that it was left on the embankment.

“It’s a little more sophisticated than just dumping a body,” he said.

The body was found about 7 miles from Nevaeh’s home and 35 miles southwest of Detroit. She last was seen May 24 in a parking lot of her apartment complex.

The discovery of the body believed to be Nevaeh should allow investigators to focus on finding the person responsible, Crutchfield said.

“(The) person (responsible) to our knowledge is still out there in the community,” he said. “In my opinion, it is a very sick or disturbed person we’re looking for — a person that is able to abduct and murder an innocent 5-year-old child.”

The discovery also ends a “nerve-racking” chapter for the family, said Nevaeh’s uncle, Michael Buchanan.

When the girl’s mother, Jennifer Buchanan, was told about it “she broke down, and broke down hard,” said Michael Buchanan, her brother.

“She couldn’t believe her daughter had to go through this,” he said, adding that if it is Nevaeh’s body it provides “some type of closure, even if it is for the worst.

“Whoever is found guilty of this case, I hope and pray they get the maximum punishment possible, regardless of who it is.”

Investigators said they were returning to the river’s edge Friday to look for more evidence. Arena described it as a “grid search” in which every ounce of dirt is taken and sifted.

A task force made up of federal, state and local law enforcement agencies had been working 24 hours a day to find Nevaeh and solicited 1,000 tips. Neighbors, friends and family members also organized search groups to comb the area.

The base of a large tree near Nevaeh’s home has become a collection point for scores of stuffed animals, pinwheels and a Pocahontas book dropped off with her in mind.

The memorial even has drawn strangers who have heard Nevaeh’s story.

“It hits home — it really hits home,” said Amanda Geiman-Martinez, 28, who grew up nearby but now lives in Toledo, Ohio.

She came Friday with her children, 4 and 2, and has participated in vigils.
There have been no arrests in the case.

Crutchfield declined to comment Friday when asked about two people previously identified as “persons of interest” in the case, including George Kennedy, 39, a registered sex offender.

Kennedy told The Blade of Toledo, Ohio, in an interview published Thursday that he didn’t take Nevaeh and had gone to look for the girl after hearing from her mother that she had gone missing.

Kennedy is in custody on a parole violation. He is a friend of Nevaeh’s mother.

http://www.lenconnect.com/news/x313675963/Police-suspect-body-found-is-missing-girl
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1836 on: June 05, 2009, 04:47:18 PM »

Thank-you for those articles Northern Rose. Whoever did this burial and cement wanted to be able to go back time and time again, either to relive what the person did to Nevaeh, or someone who wanted to give their child somekind of proper burial. I'm not quite sure.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1837 on: June 05, 2009, 05:07:05 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:09:20 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1838 on: June 05, 2009, 05:09:21 PM »

Every article says they believe this was her burial site.  Where was she murdered?  This could get even worse depending on what comes out.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1839 on: June 05, 2009, 05:11:08 PM »

Video of the man who found Nevaeh's body

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/19668233/index.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.