March 18, 2024, 10:48:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan 5 Michigan, Missing-Last seen 5/24/09 #1 (BODY FOUND)  (Read 628157 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1840 on: June 05, 2009, 05:14:37 PM »

Thank-you for those articles Northern Rose. Whoever did this burial and cement wanted to be able to go back time and time again, either to relive what the person did to Nevaeh, or someone who wanted to give their child somekind of proper burial. I'm not quite sure.

I saw this place as possibly being a place where she would be concealed until sometime in the future the floodwaters would overtake the scene and wash her remains away when there would not be so much to find. UGH!

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1841 on: June 05, 2009, 05:16:45 PM »

http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS05/90605028/Cause+of+Nevaeh+s+death+likely+won+t+be+determined+today

June 5, 2009

Cause of Nevaeh's death likely won't be determined today

By AMBER HUNT AND TAMMY STABLES BATTAGLIA
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS

Updated at 3:45 p.m.

Nevaeh Buchanan's family likely won't learn today what killed the little girl whose body was discovered Thursday by fishermen, the Free Press has learned.

While officials with the Wayne County Medical Examiner's office hoped to pin down the cause this afternoon, it's expected to be listed as "pending" until a pathologist makes a conclusive determination, a source has told the newspaper. .

Investigators said that might be because there were no outward signs of trauma to the little girl's body. Causes of death are often kept open as "pending" when further testing is needed after a preliminary examination.

The body was found beneath a layer of crudely mixed concrete in a shallow grave along the River Raisin. Though authorities are waiting to officially confirm the remains are Nevaeh, Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said the body is the same age, height and gender as the girl who went missing May 24.

Meanwhile, investigators were painstakingly combing the banks of the River Raisin for clues, an FBI agent said this morning.

"Every inch of soil needs to be sifted," said Special Agent Andrew Arena. "It's tedious and, honestly, a little dangerous for our searchers along the steep riverbank."

Two fishermen discovered the body under a layer of what appeared to be concrete that had been poured over a shallow grave, Arena said.

The girl had been buried there "for quite a while," Crutchfield said.

Arena said the concrete mix poured atop the body might have been mixed with river water. The grave was inches from the river, he said.

While FBI profilers are working to try to narrow down the type of individual likely responsible, Crutchfield said "that person, to our knowledge, is still out in the community."

"I'm of the opinion this is a sick and disturbed person we're looking for," he told reporters.

Officials wouldn't comment on the ongoing investigation except to say they've fielded more than 1,000 leads and they're following each of them.

The girl hadn't suffered obvious trauma, officials said. Wayne County's medical examiner will conduct the autopsy today.

Under contract to do all of Monroe County's autopsies, the Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office received the body overnight, Chief Investigator Albert Samuels said just before noon. Removed from the concrete used to conceal it, the body still needs a formal identification, he said.

"We have to positively identify that’s who this is," he said. "We’re doing dental work as well as the autopsy.”

"When a body is recovered like this, it's difficult for a layman" to tell the cause of death, Arena said. "There were no apparent blows to the head or anything like that."

The fishermen said they found the body about noon Thursday. Crutchfield said that a task force arrived about 3 p.m. and confirmed that the site indeed was a burial spot.

The area is cordoned off during the search by land, air and water, Crutchfield said. Divers will be searching the water and analyzing the soil.

Crutchfield said the discovery has been difficult for investigators.

"Most of the people involved have children or grandchildren of that age, so it's very personal for them," he said. "It's heartbreaking."

'She didn't deserve to die'

Nevaeh's uncle, Mike Buchanan of Newport, arrived at his sister's Monroe apartment complex at about 10 a.m. today, still grasping "that 1% chance it still might not be" Nevaeh's body. He said Nevaeh's mother, Jennifer Buchanan, who remains in seclusion, is understandably devastated.

"She can't believe her daughter had to go through this," he said.

Mike Buchanan said he wasn't sure if the family planned to travel to Detroit to see if the body there is Nevaeh.

"If it is, we do have some type of closure, even if it is for the worst," her uncle said. Grateful to the two fishermen who made the discovery, Mike Buchanan hurts for them, too. "I feel sorry for them," he said.

Mike Buchanan paused for composure, his face reddening, when asked about those responsible.

"I hope they get the most punishment possible -- no matter who it is."

Anger percolated from the Buchanans' cousin, Shaun Lawson, who asked those gathered if allegations his little cousin was found entombed in concrete was true.

"If she was, it would have to be one of the most sickest individuals across this nation," Lawson said. "She didn't deserve to die. She didn't deserve to be kidnapped. And you're still walking these streets. I hope you get what's coming to you -- and you will."

Hundreds of volunteers had searched daily for Nevaeh, marking off with black marker areas they'd covered on a tattered map.

Three men, each with sexual assault backgrounds, have been questioned. At least one has been eliminated as a person of interest; no one has been arrested in the disappearance and apparent death.

Come back to freep.com throughout the day for updates on this developing story.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1842 on: June 05, 2009, 05:17:50 PM »

Every article says they believe this was her burial site.  Where was she murdered?  This could get even worse depending on what comes out.
Very disturbing, and the shirt, LE will not say if she was wearing it or not. She was killed somewhere else and brought there. I want to know more about that disturbing letter that Jennifer wrote to Kennedy that was torn up in her trash. On another site they are saying something about Jennifer oweing a lot of money because of drugs. I wonder if she let George have Nevaeh on occasion in exchange for helping her get out of debt? I have a feeling Nevaeh was with Kennedy that Sunday, and mom sure as he!! knows it, because she allowed it.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1843 on: June 05, 2009, 05:19:38 PM »

So, are we waiting for toxicology results?
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1844 on: June 05, 2009, 05:30:07 PM »

Didn't the guy who found her body say when he chipped away the concrete (about 6" x 8") he thought he was looking at her back?  He didn't mention seeing a shirt.

leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1845 on: June 05, 2009, 05:30:33 PM »

Every article says they believe this was her burial site.  Where was she murdered?  This could get even worse depending on what comes out.
Very disturbing, and the shirt, LE will not say if she was wearing it or not. She was killed somewhere else and brought there. I want to know more about that disturbing letter that Jennifer wrote to Kennedy that was torn up in her trash. On another site they are saying something about Jennifer oweing a lot of money because of drugs. I wonder if she let George have Nevaeh on occasion in exchange for helping her get out of debt? I have a feeling Nevaeh was with Kennedy that Sunday, and mom sure as he!! knows it, because she allowed it.

I think you are right NRCG.... I had also had another thought: Remember the boy saying "Daddy George took her and stabbed her in the stomach with a knife"? What if Neveah had told the lil boy about " Daddy George" doing things to her and she equated the pain like being stuck with a knife? And when the cops question him he knows something awful happened to her and relates this story? Out of context for sure but not really concocted either.
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1846 on: June 05, 2009, 05:31:17 PM »

I think you are right NRCG.... I had also had another thought: Remember the boy saying "Daddy George took her and stabbed her in the stomach with a knife"? What if Neveah had told the lil boy about " Daddy George" doing things to her and she equated the pain like being stuck with a knife? And when the cops question him he knows something awful happened to her and relates this story? Out of context for sure but not really concocted either.

Sorry NR !!(not NRCG)
MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

MONAVIE- Drink it. Feel it. Share it.

« Reply #1847 on: June 05, 2009, 05:31:51 PM »

Didn't the guy who found her body say when he chipped away the concrete (about 6" x 8") he thought he was looking at her back?  He didn't mention seeing a shirt.

Said he didn't know what part of body...just skin
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1848 on: June 05, 2009, 05:35:30 PM »

That is possible in my eyes. Little kids, especially if they are not "world wise" often mistake body parts and events
That is a good call on your part!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1849 on: June 05, 2009, 05:36:05 PM »

Excellent, I have been trying to figure that out, and I'll bet that's it.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1850 on: June 05, 2009, 05:48:27 PM »

Didn't I read a report earlier today that said she was found in a fetal position face down??

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1851 on: June 05, 2009, 06:04:04 PM »

Didn't I read a report earlier today that said she was found in a fetal position face down??

I read that too Fanny.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1852 on: June 05, 2009, 06:10:05 PM »

This might not get us very much additional information, but I emailed my friend who lives in Monroe, her husband is an avid fisherman. I asked her all kinds of questions regarding the story, the people and the area. I'll let you know when she responds.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1853 on: June 05, 2009, 06:14:38 PM »

This might not get us very much additional information, but I emailed my friend who lives in Monroe, her husband is an avid fisherman. I asked her all kinds of questions regarding the story, the people and the area. I'll let you know when she responds.

Has anyone heard from Leroy in the past few days?

leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1854 on: June 05, 2009, 06:16:38 PM »

WHAT THE HE!! is under the flashing sign at the top of my screen saying "under 18 do not click" a peep show Monkey Devil!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1855 on: June 05, 2009, 06:21:08 PM »

WHAT THE HE!! is under the flashing sign at the top of my screen saying "under 18 do not click" a peep show Monkey Devil!

Of course you peeked!!! Monkey Devil!

MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

MONAVIE- Drink it. Feel it. Share it.

« Reply #1856 on: June 05, 2009, 06:27:02 PM »

Has anyone heard from Leroy in the past few days?

wasn't he going to vegas??? or am I mistaken
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1857 on: June 05, 2009, 06:38:45 PM »

Thanks Boo.    Leroy is in Vegas.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1858 on: June 05, 2009, 06:45:29 PM »

Jennifer is one whacked out individual  

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:05:06 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1859 on: June 05, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »

I read that too Fanny.

Newport man tells story of discovering body while on fishing outing
by Charles Slat , last modified June 05. 2009 11:25AM

For Guy Bickley, it will be a fishing trip he will remember for the rest of his life.
Mr. Bickley, 52, of Newport and his stepfather, Lowell Kirk, 72, of Tennessee stumbled upon what it believed to be the body of Nevaeh Buchanan, the 5-year-old Monroe girl who has been missing since May 24.

For more than two hours Thursday morning, he and his father fished the River Raisin at a site off Dixon Rd., literally with the body under their noses.

"We no more than got down to the bottom of the place and I noticed two rocks off to the side and some concrete on the ground. I figured maybe somebody was trying to fill in a hole or a low spot there," Mr. Bickley said.

"I was literally sitting on the rocks to the south of it and my feet were actually right on the concrete. In doing so, I was cracking it up with my feet right in the middle where there was a high spot."

After a time, the two fishermen became aware of a foul odor and thought it was a dead fish somewhere upstream.

"About an hour later or more — we were there for a few hours — and these blowflies or maggot flies started coming around. It was warming up and it started to smell more. Next thing, I look and these flies are all over my arms."

He also noticed that he had progressively cracked the concrete from stepping on it, getting up and down, and just moving his feet while fishing.

"I took my foot and pushed on the concrete and it went down and came right back up when I pressed on it," he said. "I took the toe of my workboot and pushed some of the concrete aside and there was skin. It was maybe 8-by-8 or 6-by-6 (inches) and I just knew it was skin. It wasn’t a dog or a cat, it was human skin.

"I told my dad we need to pack up and go to the truck. We went back up to the truck and called 911."

Mr. Bickley said the body apparently was encased in concrete.

"It was a bit of an oblong shape; you could tell someone had crudely poured some concrete in a void here. Nobody just laid it down. I thought it was somebody trying to patch up a hole so it wouldn’t erode away.

"I had a sinking feeling that there was more here than met our eyes and, sure enough, when I pushed the concrete aside there, it was some skin."

Mr. Bickley said he thought it was part of a small back that he was seeing.

"I’m not sure, but if so I would almost have to have been in a down-facing fetus position. You could see no hair or extremities."

It was shortly after noon when he reported his discovery to police. He and his stepfather ended up at the sheriff’s office until 10 p.m., telling their stories to investigators.

Mr. Bickley says he’s driven by the makeshift fishing site many times before, but never stopped. He won’t be going back again.

"What a freak thing," he said. "What’s the odds — they’re astronomical. I have better chances of winning the lottery than stumbling across something like that. And I stood on the poor thing.

"It was a terrible day," he said. "I’ve got two children and it was almost impossible not to think of them."

http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090605/NEWS01/706059984

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.