March 19, 2024, 03:23:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan 5 Michigan, Missing-Last seen 5/24/09 #1 (BODY FOUND)  (Read 628206 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1880 on: June 05, 2009, 08:18:19 PM »

JB  "someone around here, not exactly here, my apartment, but someone here in Monroe"

Why doesnt she make it all the more obvious that she is trying to get attention off her apt & herself....geez

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1881 on: June 05, 2009, 08:19:22 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1882 on: June 05, 2009, 08:21:08 PM »

http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS05/90605028/No+outward+signs+point+to+why+Nevaeh+died

June 5, 2009

No outward signs point to why Nevaeh died

By AMBER HUNT AND TAMMY STABLES BATTAGLIA
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS

Updated at 3:45 p.m.

Nevaeh Buchanan's family likely won't learn today what killed the little girl whose body was discovered Thursday by fishermen, the Free Press has learned.

While officials with the Wayne County Medical Examiner's office hoped to pin down the cause this afternoon, it's expected to be listed as "pending" until a pathologist makes a conclusive determination, a source has told the newspaper. .

Investigators said that might be because there were no outward signs of trauma to the little girl's body. Causes of death are often kept open as "pending" when further testing is needed after a preliminary examination.

The body was found beneath a layer of crudely mixed concrete in a shallow grave along the River Raisin. Though authorities are waiting to officially confirm the remains are Nevaeh, Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said the body is the same age, height and gender as the girl who went missing May 24.

Meanwhile, investigators were painstakingly combing the banks of the River Raisin for clues, an FBI agent said this morning.

"Every inch of soil needs to be sifted," said Special Agent Andrew Arena. "It's tedious and, honestly, a little dangerous for our searchers along the steep riverbank."

Two fishermen discovered the body under a layer of what appeared to be concrete that had been poured over a shallow grave, Arena said.

The girl had been buried there "for quite a while," Crutchfield said.

Arena said the concrete mix poured atop the body might have been mixed with river water. The grave was inches from the river, he said.

While FBI profilers are working to try to narrow down the type of individual likely responsible, Crutchfield said "that person, to our knowledge, is still out in the community."

"I'm of the opinion this is a sick and disturbed person we're looking for," he told reporters.

Officials wouldn't comment on the ongoing investigation except to say they've fielded more than 1,000 leads and they're following each of them.

The girl hadn't suffered obvious trauma, officials said. Wayne County's medical examiner will conduct the autopsy today.

Under contract to do all of Monroe County's autopsies, the Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office received the body overnight, Chief Investigator Albert Samuels said just before noon. Removed from the concrete used to conceal it, the body still needs a formal identification, he said.

"We have to positively identify that’s who this is," he said. "We’re doing dental work as well as the autopsy.”

"When a body is recovered like this, it's difficult for a layman" to tell the cause of death, Arena said. "There were no apparent blows to the head or anything like that."

The fishermen said they found the body about noon Thursday. Crutchfield said that a task force arrived about 3 p.m. and confirmed that the site indeed was a burial spot.

The area is cordoned off during the search by land, air and water, Crutchfield said. Divers will be searching the water and analyzing the soil.

Crutchfield said the discovery has been difficult for investigators.

"Most of the people involved have children or grandchildren of that age, so it's very personal for them," he said. "It's heartbreaking."

(snipped)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1883 on: June 05, 2009, 08:22:19 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1884 on: June 05, 2009, 08:24:55 PM »

http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS05/90605036

June 5, 2009

Boy didn't see Nevaeh taken

BY TAMMY STABLES BATTAGLIA
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Updated at 3:17 p.m.

Despite a search warrant that says an 8-year-old boy saw a man stab his playmate Nevaeh Buchanan in woods, the boy saw nothing, his mother said.

“She left our house at 3:30, 3:45,” said Austin Kuhn's mother, Crystal Kuhn, 33, who lives a floor up from Nevaeh’s apartment. “They had to go to the store.”

The two children had played inside the boy’s apartment most of the afternoon, then Nevaeh left with her mother, Jennifer Buchanan, Kuhn said.

The next thing Kuhn heard, Nevaeh was missing. Devastated, Kuhn shudders to think what else could have been.

“I'm really sad that that happened to her -- but I'm glad it wasn't him," she said, her face tightening, tears welling.

After Thursday’s candlelight vigil, Kuhn held her son and pointed to the sky.

"We picked out a star and said it was Nevaeh," Kuhn said today. She said Austin asked: "Why did this happen to my friend? Why did this happen to me?"

A neighbor took him aside, trying to explain away the pain. And while investigators try to determine who took Nevaeh while she rode her scooter outside, the boy said before he left for school today he'll always keep her spirit inside him.

"Nevaeh's my friend and I'm her friend," he said. "She's in my heart forever."
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1885 on: June 05, 2009, 08:29:17 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
George was looking for her too. So he was looking for Nevaeh how he will have time to buried de body. because after the 911 call he was under the LE eyes.

But he wasn't under LE's eyes before they requested to see him, and he could have had help from his "girlfriend." Maybe he was disposing instead of looking. I don't think Jennifer's time frame is matching up either. JMO

Which girlfriend?  There are three in the picture right now, JB, Savannah the one who claims it was blood from her tattoo and the other one in the interview with the baby on her hip that paid for Georgie's expenses etc. (her name starts with a P I believe).  I was thinking last night that that they really need to look at the third one as she may be jealous that he will not be Daddy George to her child but was to Nevaeh.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:03:46 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1886 on: June 05, 2009, 08:30:29 PM »

O that poor little boy...my heart aches for how he lost his friend.   It would be a good idea for him to see a counselor that specializes with children that have been traumatized - mom should keep his face out of the news, dang it!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1887 on: June 05, 2009, 08:32:57 PM »

Father still hopes body isn't Nevaeh
By SUZETTE HACKNEY • FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER • June 5, 2009

Nevaeh Buchanan’s father, Shane Hinjosa, is in a battle with his emotions. He says he’s spent the last 24 hours in a state of hope — and hurt — since fishermen found a body that could be that of his missing 5-year-old daughter.

“We don’t know for sure if it was Nevaeh,” Hinjosa said this afternoon, referring to the body that was recovered Thursday in a shallow grave along the banks of the River Raisin. “I’m just hoping and praying that she’s still alive out there.”

Around 4:30 p.m., a Monroe County sheriff’s deputy arrived at the apartment complex where Nevaeh went missing on May 24. Hinjosa said the deputy, who left without commenting, inquired about getting fingerprints of the girl to try to identify the body.

“They can’t do dental records because Nevaeh had never been to the dentist,” he said.

Hinjosa said he’s waiting by the phone for law enforcement officials to call. He wants to see that body. If it’s someone else’s child, he said, he hurts for those parents, too.

Nevaeh or not, “whoever did this needs to be punished badly,” he said.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS05/90605089
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1888 on: June 05, 2009, 08:33:04 PM »

Klaas, statistics show that mothers often dump their murdered child's body in water....This scene reminds me so much of the swampy area that Caylee's remains were dumped.  How truely awful...

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1889 on: June 05, 2009, 08:33:48 PM »

JSM is behind on this case, but I was thinking no outward signs on the body to suggest a cause of death.

This has probably already been mentioned, but could it be possible she was buried alive like Jessica Lunsford? I hate the thought. TIA JSM 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1890 on: June 05, 2009, 08:35:00 PM »

News 10 Speaks To Nevaeh's Family

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/47071037.html#
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1891 on: June 05, 2009, 08:38:27 PM »

Father - “They can’t do dental records because Nevaeh had never been to the dentist,” he said.

LE - "Office investigators said pathology tests were pending and that dental records were being researched to ensure a correct identification. "

Which is correct?
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1892 on: June 05, 2009, 08:38:37 PM »

Father still hopes body isn't Nevaeh
By SUZETTE HACKNEY • FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER • June 5, 2009

Nevaeh Buchanan’s father, Shane Hinjosa, is in a battle with his emotions. He says he’s spent the last 24 hours in a state of hope — and hurt — since fishermen found a body that could be that of his missing 5-year-old daughter.

“We don’t know for sure if it was Nevaeh,” Hinjosa said this afternoon, referring to the body that was recovered Thursday in a shallow grave along the banks of the River Raisin. “I’m just hoping and praying that she’s still alive out there.”

Around 4:30 p.m., a Monroe County sheriff’s deputy arrived at the apartment complex where Nevaeh went missing on May 24. Hinjosa said the deputy, who left without commenting, inquired about getting fingerprints of the girl to try to identify the body.

“They can’t do dental records because Nevaeh had never been to the dentist,” he said.

Hinjosa said he’s waiting by the phone for law enforcement officials to call. He wants to see that body. If it’s someone else’s child, he said, he hurts for those parents, too.

Nevaeh or not, “whoever did this needs to be punished badly,” he said.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS05/90605089

More shame on JB and the grandmother - inexcusable!! 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1893 on: June 05, 2009, 08:40:20 PM »

Mark Klass just had to take a big breath and looked away when he got through talking and probably didn't think the camera was looking on Nancy Grace. They are showing the cement that is left at the scene after Nevaeh's body was moved. That was a huge piece of concrete, the CSI was measuring it....OMG!!

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1894 on: June 05, 2009, 08:41:01 PM »

Some are holding on to hope she is still alive

By Laura Rice
Friday, June 05, 2009 at 8:14 p.m.

MONROE, MI -- The news of that Nevaeh Buchanan's body has likely been found is devastating to Nevaeh's family.

They have been praying for closure but did not want it to happen this way.

Many family members were too hurt to talk to the media today.

But others told us, despite the odds, they are not giving up hope of Nevaeh's safe return.

"I am not going to give up my hope yet until I actually see her myself," said Sherry Buchanan, Nevaeh's maternal grandmother.

Nevaeh's grandmother will get the opportunity to look at the body found in next few days. Until then she feels no closure.

"I just feel in my heart until I know that I see her face to face then I'll know more," said Buchanan.

Despite her optimism, Sherry Buchanan says the news of the body found was heartbreaking.

"It was difficult, it was difficult, I cried. But just imagine what if it's somebody else?" said Buchanan.

Others have moved from grief to anger.

"Right now I'm not crying because I'm angry more than I am sad. I've got tears in my heart but I'm just really angry at this person," said Diane Lawson, Nevaeh's Great Aunt.

It is the idea that Nevaeh has suffered that really hurts them.

"To carry that child down and throw her in the water and let us suffer and do what they did to her. That child didn't deserve that. That child does not deserve anything," said Lawson.

Family and friends are taking the opportunity to spread a new message: establishing the death penalty in Michigan.

"If we have to go across every site, everywhere we have to go, every letter, every phone call, every court, every appeals court, we will make sure that it gets put on these ballots," said Janie Black, family friend.

And they will do it all in Nevaeh's name.

"If this is one way to put Nevaeh to rest and to know that I did accomplish something. That's what I'm going to do," said Buchanan.

The family is waiting to make funeral plans until they are sure that the body found is Nevaeh's.

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/community/story.aspx?id=309307
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1895 on: June 05, 2009, 08:41:27 PM »

At the risk of everyone throwing banana's at me, I really just don't think the mom did this, I could be wrong of course, but I just don't think it fits. I think if she did,  better care would have been taken with the body. Right now we have the impression Naveah was not wearing cloths, and was left sort of hap hazzardly on the bank of a river with a layer of cement poured over her. That tells me this was not well planned out. If JB had a plan of killing her daughter for whatever reason, a plan for disposing of the body would have been more permanent. In my mind it just doesn't seem to fit. Although I will say I wonder though if she was dealing drugs as well as using. 

I really wonder if this was stranger abduction and she vanished just like so many children have. One moment there, one moment not.

Tracygirl

I disagree.

Too many pieces of the puzzle have come together which reveals a picture which implies that Nevaeh was taken, sexually assaulted and murdered by a person who was not a stranger.

Jennifer may not have been directly involved with the disappearance of her daughter but ... I believe she ... at least ... unknowingly played a part when she allowed these SO to have contact with her daughter.  In other words IF George Kennedy and/or Roy Smith are directly involved ... the implication is that Jennifer set the stage for what ultimately happened.

Children are taught not to talk to or accept rides/candy from strangers but ... as far as little Nevaeh was concerned ... these two friends of her mothers were not strangers.

Anyways ... I am suspicious in regards to Jennifer's upholding of George Kennedy and ... the letter she allegedly wrote to this guy the day following her daughter's disappearance.  It does not make sense.

Janet

I can see what you mean about George Kennedy and the mom knowing he was a sex offender, that was wrong. If not for her daughter it was dangerous for her as well. Not the smartest thing and she has proved time and time again to not be the brightest bulb in the factory, drugs obviously hve clouded her thinking, her life and her decisions. It hink that is a fair statement.
I don't think the pieces are coming together against the mom for this crime...Drug dealing? Yep and I think that is why all of the holes.
They will solve this one, I feel it. We all will know soon enough, I suppose.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1896 on: June 05, 2009, 08:44:20 PM »

i want to see her one last time..i want to make sure this is completely over..
quote Nevaeh's mom!!!!  make sure what is over?? the search?  the investigation?  her little life?  WHO SAYS THAT?   

I think she means it is over in the fact she is in deed not alive, that is how I take it.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1897 on: June 05, 2009, 08:48:30 PM »

Some are holding on to hope she is still alive

By Laura Rice
Friday, June 05, 2009 at 8:14 p.m.

MONROE, MI -- The news of that Nevaeh Buchanan's body has likely been found is devastating to Nevaeh's family.

They have been praying for closure but did not want it to happen this way.

Many family members were too hurt to talk to the media today.

But others told us, despite the odds, they are not giving up hope of Nevaeh's safe return.

"I am not going to give up my hope yet until I actually see her myself," said Sherry Buchanan, Nevaeh's maternal grandmother.

Nevaeh's grandmother will get the opportunity to look at the body found in next few days. Until then she feels no closure.

"I just feel in my heart until I know that I see her face to face then I'll know more," said Buchanan.

Despite her optimism, Sherry Buchanan says the news of the body found was heartbreaking.

"It was difficult, it was difficult, I cried. But just imagine what if it's somebody else?" said Buchanan.

Others have moved from grief to anger.

"Right now I'm not crying because I'm angry more than I am sad. I've got tears in my heart but I'm just really angry at this person," said Diane Lawson, Nevaeh's Great Aunt.

It is the idea that Nevaeh has suffered that really hurts them.

"To carry that child down and throw her in the water and let us suffer and do what they did to her. That child didn't deserve that. That child does not deserve anything," said Lawson.

Family and friends are taking the opportunity to spread a new message: establishing the death penalty in Michigan.

"If we have to go across every site, everywhere we have to go, every letter, every phone call, every court, every appeals court, we will make sure that it gets put on these ballots," said Janie Black, family friend.

And they will do it all in Nevaeh's name.

"If this is one way to put Nevaeh to rest and to know that I did accomplish something. That's what I'm going to do," said Buchanan.

The family is waiting to make funeral plans until they are sure that the body found is Nevaeh's.

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/community/story.aspx?id=309307
Good for the family wanting the DP back in Michigan. I just wonder if the mom was an accessory to her murder or was the murderer, would they feel the same way.

JSM 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1898 on: June 05, 2009, 08:49:50 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
George was looking for her too. So he was looking for Nevaeh how he will have time to buried de body. because after the 911 call he was under the LE eyes.

But he wasn't under LE's eyes before they requested to see him, and he could have had help from his "girlfriend." Maybe he was disposing instead of looking. I don't think Jennifer's time frame is matching up either. JMO
well a little friend told the mother that Nevaeh was playing on the street, the mother went to tell her stay away from the streets and she couldnt find her ater 30 minutes she called the 911 and everybody at that point will not be close to the body neither George because he was there with her

I know, but that was Jennifer's story. I think her timeline is coming under scrutiny. According to the upstair neighbor, she went upstairs and got Nevaeh and took her to the "store" around three or so, and did not mention that in her timeline....I'm not buying her timeline at this point. JMO

Isn't the time line, Naveah was outside playing in the later part of the afternoon with other children and the last kid to see her went up to the apartment to tell the mom Naveah was playing near the street? She went out there and she was gone, which tells me a person took her while she was near the street.  
Earlier in the day Nehaeh was playing with her little friend. They are 2 different times and 2 different events.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:04:21 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1899 on: June 05, 2009, 08:55:36 PM »

Father - “They can’t do dental records because Nevaeh had never been to the dentist,” he said.

LE - "Office investigators said pathology tests were pending and that dental records were being researched to ensure a correct identification. "

Which is correct?

I think I would trust LE rather then a father who hasn't been involved in his daughters life for 3 years. Although if it is the truth, maybe he should have taken her?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.