March 18, 2024, 08:35:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan 5 Michigan, Missing-Last seen 5/24/09 #1 (BODY FOUND)  (Read 628126 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: May 26, 2009, 03:57:56 PM »

Monroe County officials appeal to public for leads in case of missing girl
By TOM TROY and MEGHAN GILBERT - BLADE STAFF WRITERS

Law enforcement officials in Monroe County vowed Tuesday morning to work around the clock until a missing five-year-old girl is found.

That vow was made during a mid-morning press conference near where Nevaeh Buchanan disappeared Sunday evening while playing in the parking lot of her apartment complex.

Lt. Todd Opperman, of the Monroe County Sheriff’s department, said investigators are busy interviewing hundreds of people and they "need to speak with anyone with specific knowledge of what happened in the complex between 5 p.m. and 11 p.m."

(more at link including video of mom and grandma)
http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090526/NEWS02/905269997

Speaking of witnesses, has there been any mention of the "friend" that Neveah was playing with making a statement to law enforcement that corroborates anything this poor excuse of a mother is claiming?   Of course, that has to be handled delicately because she is a minor but surely if there was any merit to mom's claim the investigators would have interviewed this child appropriately.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: May 26, 2009, 04:06:56 PM »

Monroe County officials appeal to public for leads in case of missing girl
By TOM TROY and MEGHAN GILBERT - BLADE STAFF WRITERS

Law enforcement officials in Monroe County vowed Tuesday morning to work around the clock until a missing five-year-old girl is found.

That vow was made during a mid-morning press conference near where Nevaeh Buchanan disappeared Sunday evening while playing in the parking lot of her apartment complex.

Lt. Todd Opperman, of the Monroe County Sheriff’s department, said investigators are busy interviewing hundreds of people and they "need to speak with anyone with specific knowledge of what happened in the complex between 5 p.m. and 11 p.m."

(more at link including video of mom and grandma)
http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090526/NEWS02/905269997

Speaking of witnesses, has there been any mention of the "friend" that Neveah was playing with making a statement to law enforcement that corroborates anything this poor excuse of a mother is claiming?   Of course, that has to be handled delicately because she is a minor but surely if there was any merit to mom's claim the investigators would have interviewed this child appropriately.

I read where they said they had questioned the girl she was playing with....It did not say much more than that.  I'll see if I can find it.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #322 on: May 26, 2009, 04:08:56 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:23:22 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: May 26, 2009, 04:13:34 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

another snipped portion of this article:

BLOCKED WEBSITE_____________________________________________________________________________

guessing the family could be bio dad
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:24:51 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #324 on: May 26, 2009, 04:25:38 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

BLOCKED WEBSITE
______________________________________________________________________________________________

I also read where the transient had been released.  The only one they're still holding is scumbag Kennedy.  Parole violation.  The violation was probably "befriending" Jennifer Buchanan.  Seems like they've been pals a long time.  So where was the probation officer?  Asleep at the wheel, of course.  

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:25:17 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: May 26, 2009, 04:43:14 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

BLOCKED WEBSITE
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Mudslinging, lies and family PI's o my...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:25:57 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #326 on: May 26, 2009, 04:49:26 PM »

[quote author=Tracygirl
I see a hardened person, someone uneducated and a rough. Certainly drugs and bad choices have come into play in her life. I don't know if all of that means she has a hand in this. I do think she knows what happened or what could have happened. It was telling to me when she said, she couldnt' put it past the man she knows.

I need more information I guess. Don't hate me, jmho. I do hope and pray they find this little girl soon and she is ok.

[/quote]

I'm with you at the moment, Traceygirl.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: May 26, 2009, 04:59:43 PM »

So we have a mother who met this guy at the parole office?  Maybe they need someone in there who actually does their job..and a separate waiting room for sex offenders might be nice too. I mean that is just too easy...lets make nice with young, stupid parolee mother's at the parole office...

I think the mother knows exactly what happened and where her daughter is and who took her.  She has done everything except draw us a map.  Now if she would please comply with that..then maybe we could find her daughter.  Since she already seems to know she is dead..and is trying to pin the whole thing on her RSO boyfriend...sorry I am not buying what this stupid mother is saying.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #328 on: May 26, 2009, 05:10:59 PM »

Missing Mich. Girl May Have Been Seen In Columbus
Tuesday,  May 26, 2009 4:28 PM
Print Story
E-mail Story
COLUMBUS, Ohio — A 5-year-old Michigan girl who was reported missing on Sunday may have been spotted inside a store at Easton Town Center, according to a news release issued by the FBI.

An Amber Alert was issued for Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan after she disappeared from a park near her home in Monroe, Mich.

The FBI said it received a tip that a girl whose description matched Buchanan's was seen at Easton Town Center on Monday at about 5 p.m.

The tipster told authorities that the girl was in the company of a heavy-set female who appeared to be in her 50s. The woman allegedly told a store clerk that the girl's name was Nevaeh, or heaven spelled backward, the FBI said.

The FBI said it has been unable to determine the identity of the girl, or the woman who was with her.

Buchanan is white, about 3 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 45 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a red, white and blue-striped shirt and knee-length jeans.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2009/05/26/story_mich.html?sid=102

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #329 on: May 26, 2009, 05:16:02 PM »

Missing Mich. Girl May Have Been Seen In Columbus
Tuesday,  May 26, 2009 4:28 PM
Print Story
E-mail Story
COLUMBUS, Ohio — A 5-year-old Michigan girl who was reported missing on Sunday may have been spotted inside a store at Easton Town Center, according to a news release issued by the FBI.

An Amber Alert was issued for Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan after she disappeared from a park near her home in Monroe, Mich.

The FBI said it received a tip that a girl whose description matched Buchanan's was seen at Easton Town Center on Monday at about 5 p.m.

The tipster told authorities that the girl was in the company of a heavy-set female who appeared to be in her 50s. The woman allegedly told a store clerk that the girl's name was Nevaeh, or heaven spelled backward, the FBI said.

The FBI said it has been unable to determine the identity of the girl, or the woman who was with her.

Buchanan is white, about 3 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 45 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a red, white and blue-striped shirt and knee-length jeans.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2009/05/26/story_mich.html?sid=102

Sounds like the airport lady in Caylee's case huh?

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #330 on: May 26, 2009, 05:17:31 PM »

http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090525/NEWS01/905259997

I am bringing over a comment posted after this article..I do not know if it is accurate or not... MODS..PLEASE REMOVE THIS IF IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE:

SNIP/
I just heard from a woman who's sister works at the sheriff's dept. that they found her body behind greenwood apartments.

-- Posted by (Anonymous) on Tue, May 26, 2009, 4:40 pm EST
/SNIP

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: May 26, 2009, 05:17:51 PM »

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19556544/detail.html

Mom's Boyfriend, Brother Questioned
Search For Missing Child Continues

POSTED: Monday, May 25, 2009
UPDATED: 4:56 pm EDT May 26, 2009

MONROE, Mich. -- The boyfriend of a mother whose 5-year-old daughter is the subject of an Amber Alert and his brother are in police custody and are being questioned about her disappearance.

Watch: Investigation Continues

Slideshow:Nevaeh Buchanan
Police said George Kennedy has been dating the now missing Nevaeh Buchanan's mother, Jennifer Buchanan. She told Local 4 she had been friends with Kennedy for several years and she knew he had a criminal record and is on the sex offender list.

Police would not confirm that Kennedy is a sex offender. But, according to the Michigan Department of Corrections Web site, the only George Kennedy registered in Monroe is a sex offender.

Police said Kennedy is being detained because he violated the terms of his parole by being near a child.

Another man, who was described only as a transient, was also questioned. He was released Tuesday afternoon.

Nevaeh Buchanan's father, Shane Hinojosa, who lives in Toledo, said he has not seen his daughter in two-and-a half years. Hinojosa has been ordered to take a polygraph test.

The Monroe Evening News is reporting that Jennifer Buchanan told the paper that she failed one question Monday on a polygraph due to a lack of sleep.

Monroe County sheriff's Maj. Dan Motylinski told the paper that Jennifer Buchanan and Kennedy failed questions on the lie detector.

Police have not confirmed this to Local 4.

"I am not saying we're better people than they are. But I can guarantee if we had her we wouldn't all be doing this right now," said Hinojosa's mother Carla Elliotte.

Child Vanishes:

Nevaeh Buchanan was last seen at 6:30 p.m. Sunday at 1166 N. Macomb Street in Monroe. The Amber Alert was issued a few hours later.

Jennifer Buchanan told Local 4 her daughter lives with her and her mother and on Sunday evening she was outside playing with a friend. The friend came into her home and told the mother that Nevaeh was playing with her scooter.

Jennifer Buchanan said she went outside to tell her daughter not to go near the road, but when she got there the girl was gone.

Police found her scooter in the parking lot of the apartment complex.

"We need to speak with anyone who has specific knowledge of any of the events that occurred in the complex during the hours of 5 p.m. and 11 p.m.," said Monroe Lt. Todd Opperman.

Jennifer Buchanan said she is sure that someone snatched her daughter.

"Almost 100 percent sure she got snatched. I know she would have put up some kind of fight because she is loud. I think someone put a hand over her mouth, took her in the back," she said.

Fighting back tears, Jennifer Buchanan said she is sick to her stomach to even think about what could have come after that.

"If anybody has her and she's still alive, just bring her back to me," said Nevaeh's grandma, Sherry Buchanan. "That's all I ask of you and I won't ask any questions. I just want to hold her and keep her near to me, and if she's not let me lay her down and be peaceful with the good Lord up above."

Search Intensifies:

Police searched inside all 180 units of the apartment complex Sunday night and continued to search for the girl Monday and Tuesday.

Police dogs, the FBI and surrounding law enforcement agencies searched a field around the complex Monday afternoon and the Michigan State police were searching the Monroe motel where Kennedy has been living and a nearby quarry.

Friends and family members have organized their own search teams around town.

A private investigator has organized a search effort Tuesday evening. People who want to help with the search are being asked to meet at the K-Mart on North Monroe Street at 6 p.m. and then they will spread out from there.

"I've been up all hours of the night. I've searched woods, ditches, canals, Dumpsters and through the whole county," said the Buchanan's cousin Shahn Lawson.

Buchanan is 3 feet 8 inches tall, 45 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

She was last seen wearing a red, white and blue shirt and knee-length jeans. Her mother said she did not have on socks or shoes.

Police believe she was abducted and is in extreme danger.

"Just bring her home. Take me in her place. Do whatever you have to do to me," Lawson pleaded to a Local 4 camera.

If you have any information, call 911 or the Monroe County Sheriff at 734- 243-7070.

Stay with Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit.com for the latest.
Copyright 2009 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Text SizeMom's Boyfriend, Brother Questioned Search For Missing Child Continues POSTED: Monday, May 25, 2009UPDATED: 4:56 pm EDT May 26, 2009
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: May 26, 2009, 05:32:08 PM »

HLN  MIKE GALANOS NOW LIVE DISCUSSING THIS CASE - thank you HLN!   I hope NG covers it as well.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: May 26, 2009, 05:33:17 PM »

This mother has teeth of a druggie, meth or coke.   She is lying you can see by the throat gulps, and in the eyes - the body does not lie

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #334 on: May 26, 2009, 05:38:53 PM »

So the mom's boyfriend and his brother, I wonder if the brother is a SO also 
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #335 on: May 26, 2009, 05:39:30 PM »

I know it's already been commented on but...

"My gut feeling is she’s in someone’s vehicle right now," she said. "I’m not trying to think of the worst but I have to prepare for the worst."

Where does a mother get these type of gut feelings...a car...why not something else...
I am pulling hair over her failing "parts of the lie detector test"...honest people do not fail. 
This phrase is sickening!!

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #336 on: May 26, 2009, 05:41:31 PM »

And another thing, if you are going to create a myspace making a plea to help find your missing child would you not have it be public AND have a picture of Neveah versus yourself smiling?  Simple answer, absofrigginlutely!!
She is another Casey Anthony, minus a Cindy...SO FAR. 

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #337 on: May 26, 2009, 05:42:31 PM »

I am just trying to catch up here too. I was struck by the grandmother Sherry Buchanan video where she says "Everyone "LOVED"Nevaeh." Already using the past tense in referring to her. I haven't dug back in the links, but I will if necessary.
I am not so sure that Grandma's hands are clean. I think she at least knows or suspects something. jmo
Great catch Fanny!  That is odd, someone within her possition would not be using the past tense.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #338 on: May 26, 2009, 05:46:49 PM »

"He was basically the only male figure in her life because her (expletive) father wanted to disappear," she said. She said he acted like she was joking when she called him to tell her Neveah had disappeared. He helped search until investigators took him into custody for a parole violation, she said.

Jennifer Buchanan said she has passed out hundreds of flyers about the girl's disappearance since Sunday, and was planning to post flyers in Flat Rock and Temperance later today.
--snip--
http://www.freep.com/article/20090526/NEWS05/90526013/1007/NEWS05/Search+goes+on+for+missing+5-year-old+Monroe+girl
Is it a competition to see who can do more for the child??  Too little too late if you ask me, but nice try in giving a hoot now that she is missing.  What are these people doing?  Mixing Haleigh and Caylee cases??  Good God when will this end...

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #339 on: May 26, 2009, 05:48:39 PM »

There is an evening foot search being organized by the P.I.
I called to confirm the info I saw posted.
It's 6 P.M. tonight at the K-mart Parking lot.
They are asking you to bring flashlights and to dress for the rain.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.