March 18, 2024, 09:49:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan 5 Michigan, Missing-Last seen 5/24/09 #1 (BODY FOUND)  (Read 628136 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #460 on: May 26, 2009, 10:45:51 PM »

This is going to sound like a dumb question, but how do you know by looking at a knife if it is human blood or animal blood, it could be animal blood, no?

There is a quick field test that can be done.

I asked my son about the blood on a fishing knife. He and his dad were avid fishermen. He said that sometimes his dad would cut himself, and he would put the knife in the tackle box to clean it later. Son didn't have a knife in his tackle box. Praying it's the perps blood. Bad news to try to sleep on. 
Thank-you, not knowing nothing about fishing, I was just wondering, and didn't know there was a quick field test that can be done to test the blood.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #461 on: May 26, 2009, 10:46:43 PM »

I just do not see someone being so stupid to not atleast attempt to clean it off before keeping the weapon in their possession.
Me either.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #462 on: May 26, 2009, 10:49:43 PM »

Here is a live broadcast of Fox 2 news...dont know if they will report the report though.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/generic/news/live_stream_2

Leroy, thank you for going out tonight and for being willing to go search tomorrow.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #463 on: May 26, 2009, 10:51:11 PM »

Interesting video that includes some new pics of Nevaeh

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/19571852/index.html

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #464 on: May 26, 2009, 10:54:22 PM »

Such a beautiful child.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #465 on: May 26, 2009, 10:59:20 PM »

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/19572769/index.html

More pics here with video of her kindergarten graduation

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #466 on: May 26, 2009, 11:23:15 PM »

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/19572769/index.html

More pics here with video of her kindergarten graduation

What a sweet little child.  What unbelievable evil in this world.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #467 on: May 26, 2009, 11:46:05 PM »

This is going to sound like a dumb question, but how do you know by looking at a knife if it is human blood or animal blood, it could be animal blood, no?

There is a quick field test that can be done.

I asked my son about the blood on a fishing knife. He and his dad were avid fishermen. He said that sometimes his dad would cut himself, and he would put the knife in the tackle box to clean it later. Son didn't have a knife in his tackle box. Praying it's the perps blood. Bad news to try to sleep on. 
Thank-you, not knowing nothing about fishing, I was just wondering, and didn't know there was a quick field test that can be done to test the blood.

Yes, the field test is how they knew it was human blood in the first place. Apparently they had a warrant or a consent order to seize in the first place. I expect he had cuts on his hands, thus the fishing explanation. Furthermore, I am guessing where he SAYS he was fishing is not where this child will be found
B
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #468 on: May 27, 2009, 12:19:04 AM »

Let's all say a prayer that this is true, and that little Nevaeh is safe.  The latest update:

Searching for Nevaeh

FBI works on tip Nevaeh seen in
Columbus

Updated: Tuesday, 26 May 2009, 11:48 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 26 May 2009, 11:25 PM EDT

* Barrett Andrews

MONROE, Mich. - A shrine of stuffed animals and missing posters adorned a tree in the Charlotte Arms Apartments Tuesday evening in Monroe, Mich., the last place anyone saw Nevaeh Buchanan Sunday evening.

But the apartment complex wasn't bustling with activity, as it has been so much recently.

Just down the road, hundreds of people gathered at 6 p.m. -- over 48 hours after the 5-year-old disappeared.

They came with jackets, bug spray and flashlights, ready to spend all night looking if they have to.

They were seen passing out fliers as vehicles left a K-Mart parking lot, one of the many places they canvassed in search for Nevaeh.

There has been no trace of the Monroe girl despite the involvement of a multi-jurisdictional task force, that includes Monroe Police Department, the Monroe County Sheriff, the FBI, Michigan State Police, a private investigator, and the Detroit Police Department.

While their goal is the same, each person has their own unique reason for being here.

"I just lost a son two months ago," said Phyllis Fortner, one of the many volunteers. "I can feel the hurt for these people, so I thought we'd come out and go look as much as we can."

"I have a 5-year-old girl at home, and I can't imagine what it would be like to lose her," said Jennifer Hutchinson. "So I can only imagine a mother's pain."

"It's kind of sad to see that someone would kidnap a 5-year-old girl," said 9-year-old Jalen Lucio. "I mean, who would do that?"

Nearly a dozen teams of volunteers fanned out and searched backyards, parks, and wooded areas around the Charlotte Arms Apartments.

"Our family thanks everybody from the bottom of their hearts for all their help and everything, and hopefully there's a good outcome with this tonight," said Michael Buchanan, Nevaeh's uncle.

The FOX affiliate in Columbus reported Tuesday that a girl matching the description of Nevaeh was spotted in the Columbus region Monday. She was reportedly shopping with a woman on Memorial Day.

The FBI said it received a tip that she was seen at the Easton Town Center, an outdoor retail and entertainment center. The FBI said the tipster told authorities that Nevaeh was in the company of a heavy-set white female who appeared to be in her 50s.

The FBI said the woman allegedly told a store clerk that the little girl's name was Nevaeh. The FBI said it won't release the name of the store the sighting came from, but believes the tips are credible.

Columbus authorities said the woman with Nevaeh paid cash for her purchases.

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield will host a news conference Wednesday morning at 10:30 a.m. and will update the public and regional media on the status of the ongoing investigation.

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/wupw_Searching_for_Nevaeh_052609

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #469 on: May 27, 2009, 01:08:24 AM »

Thanks for the up close reports and thanks for taking your time and giving your heart to search for Nevaeh. I'm so proud of you.  ( i really want to know what a polliwog is)
                                                                         You are   an angelic monkey
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #470 on: May 27, 2009, 03:20:11 AM »

I pray that Nevaeh is safe.

Thank you to all the Monkeys who are dedicated to Nevaeh!

Love,    Ibe

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #471 on: May 27, 2009, 07:46:19 AM »

MIZJAy ... a polliwog is a baby frog. Also known as a tadpole. They kinda look like a 'sperm' as depicted in some cartoons, lol. We used to find those in the quarry ponds too. You can see developmental stages of a frog here>>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tadpole

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #472 on: May 27, 2009, 08:01:14 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:33:38 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: May 27, 2009, 08:13:22 AM »

nothing new I see...darn it...
one question, how does the mom know that she failed the lie detector test in one area? in other cases on here, the results were not released that fast if at all...right? or would they have told her that she failed one question? that seems odd to me....is it?? the truth never lies as they say, no matter how tired she was, if she was telling the truth, she would have passed the whole test jmo...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #474 on: May 27, 2009, 08:24:49 AM »

Thanks for the up close reports and thanks for taking your time and giving your heart to search for Nevaeh. I'm so proud of you.  ( i really want to know what a polliwog is)
                                                                         You are   an angelic monkey

so, according to the mother's brother, the grandmother DID know that Kennedy was a SO...! he said that he and his mother had argued about it and that the grandmother didn't like it but the mom is an adult...something like that...As a grand mother, I would have been on that phone so fast to the police reporting that! she could have called anonymously...if she was worried about making her daughter mad....the grand mother failed this little girl as well...

I also found it telling that the mother said at one time that she normally talked to Kennedy every morning...but when Neveah went missing, she had not talked to Kennedy in 4 days...did they get into a fight? did he take Neveah as revenge? Was he planning for the 4 days to take Neveah and that is why he didn't talk to the bio mom for 4 days beforehand? he probably dropped by, asked Neveah if she wanted to go for ice cream and just like that...she is gone...of course she would have gone with him...he was mom's friend....a safe person right?

the bio dad seems like he is a nice enough guy....too bad he had not been in this little girls life for the last 3 yrs for whatever reasons....hopefully he will get a second chance to be a dad and perhaps get her away from this "mother'...<term used lightly in this case>

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #475 on: May 27, 2009, 08:27:51 AM »

Article published May 27, 2009
Hundreds join Monroe search for missing girl
Lead reported by 2 at store in Columbus

MONROE - Members of the families of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan restarted the search late Tuesday for the little girl who has been missing and feared abducted since Sunday night.

With the help of a private detective who is related to the girl and of thousands of copies of a flyer featuring Nevaeh's picture, hundreds of relatives, friends, and volunteers Tuesday night scoured the fields and wooded areas. They had gathered and received flashlights and instructions at a Kmart store about a mile from the girl's apartment complex.

"I wanted to be a part of [the search]," said Monique Pridemore, 42, of Monroe, who received a text message about the search from her niece.

The FBI also reported a lead in Columbus where two people - a store clerk and a customer - reported seeing a little girl who matched Nevaeh's description at about 5 p.m. Monday at Easton Town Center, a shopping complex on the north side of Columbus.

Harry Trombitas, a special agent and spokesman for the FBI office in Columbus, said the tipster and the store clerk both said they heard a heavy-set white woman who appeared to be in her 50s remark how the young girl accompanying her has a name that spells "Heaven" when written backward.
"When you have two individuals pretty much verifying the same information, that edges the credibility of the sighting up," Agent Trombitas said.

Authorities have no video footage of the conversation, nor any credit card receipts, and they're looking for anyone who might have been shopping at the center at that time on Monday.

The woman who was traveling with the child made her purchase in cash, he said.

Sherry Buchanan, Nevaeh's grandmother, who has custody of the girl, said, "I'm hoping it is true but I'm not going to get my hopes up about it."

If true, she said it would confirm her suspicion that Nevaeh was taken by someone who wants a child.

Yesterday morning, detectives with the Monroe County Sheriff's Office said they had no solid leads or suspects in the case.

"We need to speak with anyone that has specific knowledge of any of the events that occurred in the complex between 5 p.m. and 11 p.m. [on Sunday]," said Sheriff's Lt. Todd Opperman.

He said investigators are busy interviewing hundreds of people and canvassing the area.

"We are looking for anything that seemed out of the ordinary. This is an ongoing investigation and we will be working around the clock on this until it is complete," Lieutenant Opperman said.

Nevaeh was riding a bike or scooter when she disappeared about 6:30 p.m. Sunday from the Charlotte Arms garden apartments, 1160 North Macomb St. in Monroe, where she lives with her mother, Jennifer Buchanan, and her grandmother.

In an Amber Alert issued by the sheriff's office, Nevaeh was described as wearing a light blue sleeveless shirt with red and white horizontal stripes and a white V-neck collar, as well as blue jean shorts but no shoes or socks.

Authorities said they believed she was abducted and in extreme danger.

In the morning, both Nevaeh's grandmother and mother made tearful appeals for the safe return of the young girl.

"I just want her back and if anybody has her and she's still alive, just bring her back to me. That's all I ask of you," Sherry Buchanan said.

"If it's a person that wanted a kid, then just take care of her and don't hurt her, just bring her home to me," she said.

Jennifer Buchanan acknowledged she took a polygraph test Monday and was questioned at length, and believes she passed the exam.

"Yes I have taken a polygraph and I don't know the outcome of that. I don't think that I failed. I have no doubt in my mind," she said, speaking with reporters before noon yesterday.

Sheriff's Deputy Maj. Dan Motylinski said he had no idea how Jennifer Buchanan performed in the polygraph but said she is not considered a suspect.

He said Jennifer Buchanan's male friend George Kennedy, 39, remained in custody on a parole violation but was not considered a suspect.

Kennedy was living in a motel and sheriff's deputies said they have searched every room in the motel.

A second person who was detained for questioning was released.

Kennedy is on parole for two sex crimes involving a minor.

One of the conditions of his parole was that he was not allowed to have a romantic relationship with a person associated with a child.

Jennifer Buchanan said they were only close friends, going back two years to when they met while passing on the street.

She said the two of them spoke on the phone every morning and Kennedy was familiar enough to Nevaeh that she would have gotten into a car with him willingly.

Nevaeh's father, Shane Hinojosa, 22, of Toledo, said he has not seen his daughter in three years.

He said he sought custody of the child based on Jennifer Buchanan's conviction and imprisonment for home invasion in 2006, but said he was turned down.

Mr. Hinojosa camped out Monday night at the apartment complex, and remained by his tent with family members all day.

Jennifer Buchanan pleaded guilty to two counts of home invasion in November, 2006, in Monroe County Circuit Court, and was sentenced to 24 months to 20 years in prison.

She was released from parole in January.

Major Motylinski said the search was targeted based on tips.

"When the tips come in we're checking them out. I wish we had a suspect. I wish we had more information," he said.

Ryan Duvall, a private investigator who is related to the fiancee of Jennifer Buchanan's brother, Michael, offered his help in organizing searches in the afternoon.
The family and volunteers searched behind Kmart, 129 North Monroe St.

Mr. Duvall said he has contributed $500 to start a reward fund for information leading to the arrests of the person or persons responsible.

Staff writer Tom Henry contributed to this report.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090527/NEWS02/905270355

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #476 on: May 27, 2009, 08:35:00 AM »

Jennifer Buchanan failed part of a lie detector test

By Laura Rice
Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 8:14 p.m.

MONROE, MI -- A five year old Monroe, Michigan girl has been missing since Sunday evening.

Authorities have not named a suspect but little Nevaeh Buchanan's family believes her mother Jennifer could be involved.

"I hope that it wasn't her. I hope she was not involved but my gut tells me if she wasn't immediately involved, she knows something," said Carla Elliotte, Nevaeh's grandmother.

It is a suspicion, NBC24 was told, that is echoed even by Jennifer's relatives. The fact that she failed part of a polygraph test does not help her case.

"I'm sick. I don't want to believe that she had something to do with it but I think if she did she deserves what she gets. She needs to spend time in jail and this would never have happened if (Nevaeh) were in my custody a long time ago," said Shane Hinojosa, Nevaeh's father.

As each hour passes with no new information the suspicion grows as does the worry that something bad has happened.

"I'm praying," said Hinojosa. "I'm thinking that she's alive out there somewhere."

"I don't want to think that way but you've got to be realistic too, even though it's hard," said JoAnn Combs, Nevaeh's great-grandmother.

It is a nightmare that one neighbor does not care to experience.

"I want to move. I want to move out. I do not feel safe here any longer because it hit so close to home," said Richard Hammac, neighbor.

Hammac saw little Nevaeh riding her scooter hours before she disappeared.

With no new information from authorites, Nevaeh's family is reaching out to anyone that may have seen her since then.

"If you go into a grocery store or a department store and you see a little child, make a point of looking at its face," said Combs. "Nevaeh doesn't deserve this. She needs to come home."

Once again, Nevaeh Buchanan is five years old.

She is three feet, eight inches tall and weighs 45 pounds.

She has brown hair and brown eyes.

If you see her: call 734-243-7070 or 911.

The Monroe County Sheriff will hold a news conference Wednesday morning at 10:30 to update the search efforts on Nevaeh Buchanan.

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=304754
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #477 on: May 27, 2009, 08:44:27 AM »

so, according to the mother's brother, the grandmother DID know that Kennedy was a SO...! he said that he and his mother had argued about it and that the grandmother didn't like it but the mom is an adult...something like that...As a grand mother, I would have been on that phone so fast to the police reporting that! she could have called anonymously...if she was worried about making her daughter mad....the grand mother failed this little girl as well...

I also found it telling that the mother said at one time that she normally talked to Kennedy every morning...but when Neveah went missing, she had not talked to Kennedy in 4 days...did they get into a fight? did he take Neveah as revenge? Was he planning for the 4 days to take Neveah and that is why he didn't talk to the bio mom for 4 days beforehand? he probably dropped by, asked Neveah if she wanted to go for ice cream and just like that...she is gone...of course she would have gone with him...he was mom's friend....a safe person right?

the bio dad seems like he is a nice enough guy....too bad he had not been in this little girls life for the last 3 yrs for whatever reasons....hopefully he will get a second chance to be a dad and perhaps get her away from this "mother'...<term used lightly in this case>

I'm having a hard time with the bio dad....just cant come up with ONE reason why you would not continue to fight for rights to your child.  The courts just dont "turn you down" for custody, especially when the mom is in jail.  He has ghosts in the closet which is fine but fix them, come clean, quit blaming it on everyone else - take responsibility for your own actions!

I am harsh on him because I have a piece of junk father who took the *easy* road and gave up on me too.  I just dont think its right.  Lucky for me, my mom married an awesome guy who would do anything for me to this day!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #478 on: May 27, 2009, 08:46:45 AM »

I hope that LE is looking at other SO s in the area as well as Kennedy...hopefully everyone in those apartments have been looked at carefully...even if they are not registered as SO....

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #479 on: May 27, 2009, 08:49:14 AM »

I hope that LE is looking at other SO s in the area as well as Kennedy...hopefully everyone in those apartments have been looked at carefully...even if they are not registered as SO....

From what has been reported they have interviewed everyone in the complex.  Not sure about the SO's in the area but I would hope this was done immediately.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.