March 18, 2024, 09:51:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan 5 Michigan, Missing-Last seen 5/24/09 #1 (BODY FOUND)  (Read 628137 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #500 on: May 27, 2009, 10:59:18 AM »

Thank-you for the video about the knife.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #501 on: May 27, 2009, 10:59:55 AM »

I am on the site for the live news conference. I take it that it is late?

Forgot my manners. Hi! Everybody.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #502 on: May 27, 2009, 11:03:14 AM »

I am on the site for the live news conference. I take it that it is late?

Forgot my manners. Hi! Everybody.
Hi, Fanny, I'm not sure, I'm waiting to see updates 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #503 on: May 27, 2009, 11:07:40 AM »

I found this, a little about the presser.    Quarry of south dixie highway is being searched today and a quarry off of North Dixie highway also.
Won't answer questions about lie detector tests.
No further comment on Mr.Kennedy

They are saying the mother is not a person of interest (as far as he knows)

Someone asked specifically about the knife. His answer was "no comment"
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #504 on: May 27, 2009, 11:10:16 AM »

A reporter asked a question about some kind of bodily fluid being found on the path behind the apartment complex and LE said, "No comment" Has anyone else heard anything like this 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: May 27, 2009, 11:14:15 AM »

http://monroetalks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13727.msg336549;topicseen#new

Fox 2 News just reported cadaever dogs searching the old France stone quarry. Helicopters back over Polliwog.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #506 on: May 27, 2009, 11:17:36 AM »

http://monroetalks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13727.msg336549;topicseen#new

Fox 2 News just reported cadaever dogs searching the old France stone quarry. Helicopters back over Polliwog.

oh dear...

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #507 on: May 27, 2009, 11:25:36 AM »

I found this, a little about the presser.    Quarry of south dixie highway is being searched today and a quarry off of North Dixie highway also.

ummm my bet...yes she is, they are just trying to put her at ease that she isnt "as far as they know"   Sadly, I think the maternal grandmother already knows how the outcome of the search will turn out, she has spoken in the past tense more than once & is carrying mementos & photos of Neveah as if she is gone forever.   The talk in advance of preparing for a funeral pretty much with 48 hours is another giveaway-not a normal reaction within this time frame from a family victimized by a child abduction.   I do not believe she was told this scumbag was a S/O by her daughter but she certainly knew he was a felon, along with her lying loser daughter.   I also believe the grandmother is the main reason the bio dad had difficulty seeing his daughter the past 3 years, too bad she didnt have the same standard for her felon daughter.    I think we are going to learn that Jennifer & George had a falling out (she claims she didnt see him for 4 days yet previously talked to him daily).   Jennifer seems more than willing to pin this on him - it just doesnt read that it was a stranger abduction.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #508 on: May 27, 2009, 11:29:01 AM »

O/T

If you have not done so please sign the petition - Tori's law, to have the Amber Alert system changed.  If we can get things changed in Canada then the US will likely also review their Alert system.  There are currently 31, 799 signatures.  It is being taken to Parliament this afternoon.  Please take the time to sign. it.http://www.petitiononline.com/vict888/petition.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warning system 'fatally flawed,' creator says
CHILD SAFETY: Red tape has rendered Amber Alert 'ineffective,' advocate says
Posted By PATRICK MALONEY, SUN MEDIA
Posted 2 hours ago

The Amber Alert system is "fatally flawed" and in dire need of changes, warns the American child-safety advocate who helped create the original program.

Marc Klaas is particularly critical of the rule that apparently stopped Woodstock police from invoking an Amber Alert after Victoria "Tori" Stafford's April 8 disappearance -- the need for a description of a suspect vehicle.

"In a stranger (kidnapping) or an overtly predatory scenario, the perpetrator is going to take steps to cover his tracks," Klaas said from California.

"Therefore, it's incredibly unlikely you'll be able to get that information.

"It excludes the vast majority of children who need the Amber Alert the most."

Klaas, whose daughter Polly was kidnapped from a 1993 slumber party and killed, was a renowned child-safety advocate by the time nine-year-old Amber Hagerman was abducted from an Arlington, Texas, parking lot in 1996. He later helped her family develop the first Amber Alert program, which has spread across the U. S. and Canada.

But the "red tape" created since has rendered it ineffective, Klaas said, noting many of the high-profile child abductions -- Elizabeth Smart and Adam Walsh, for examples -- wouldn't have qualified for an Amber Alert.

Klaas has become increasingly critical in recent months, largely because of the kidnapping of a California child: Two men tied up a family, ransacked their home and took a young child -- but an Amber Alert wasn't issued immediately because no one could describe the abductors' vehicle, he said.

"It's astonishing."

Vehicle descriptions are most likely in cases of family abductions, which are generally the least dangerous, Klaas said.

"It's a fatal flaw. I'm really concerned that the children that need this kind of response the most are the children least served by it."
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #509 on: May 27, 2009, 11:50:50 AM »

ummm my bet...yes she is, they are just trying to put her at ease that she isnt "as far as they know"   Sadly, I think the maternal grandmother already knows how the outcome of the search will turn out, she has spoken in the past tense more than once & is carrying mementos & photos of Neveah as if she is gone forever.   The talk in advance of preparing for a funeral pretty much with 48 hours is another giveaway-not a normal reaction within this time frame from a family victimized by a child abduction.   I do not believe she was told this scumbag was a S/O by her daughter but she certainly knew he was a felon, along with her lying loser daughter.   I also believe the grandmother is the main reason the bio dad had difficulty seeing his daughter the past 3 years, too bad she didnt have the same standard for her felon daughter.    I think we are going to learn that Jennifer & George had a falling out (she claims she didnt see him for 4 days yet previously talked to him daily).   Jennifer seems more than willing to pin this on him - it just doesnt read that it was a stranger abduction.

Capps...yep...I think that they had a falling out as well...
in a video a few pages back, the brother of Jennifer said that he and his mother had had a fight about Kennedy...so it appears that she did know...I was giving her the benefit of the doubt that she was blissfully unaware, but that does not seem to be the case, sadly...
as far as the father and the grand mother, not sure about her keeping him from his child...have not seen any articles in that regard...

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #510 on: May 27, 2009, 12:20:41 PM »

Mom's friend held, search goes on for missing Nevaeh
BY TAMMY STABLES BATTAGLIA • FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER • May 27, 2009

--snipped --

Jennifer said she didn’t want to discuss claims that she met Kennedy at her parole office, while visiting there after a drug problem led to her conviction on a charge of home invasion in the city of Monroe in 2006.

And while her mother, Sherry Buchanan, took over custody of Nevaeh while Jennifer spent 11 months in jail, Jennifer Buchanan said, the promise of a future with her daughter kept her going.

“My daughter, I mostly thought about my daughter,” she said, adding that she, her mother and Nevaeh have lived together ever since. “She was the one that helped me turn around. I cherished every moment I was with her.”

http://www.freep.com/article/20090527/NEWS05/905270357/1007/NEWS/Mom+s+friend+held++search+goes+on+for+missing+Nevaeh

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #511 on: May 27, 2009, 12:22:18 PM »

A reporter asked a question about some kind of bodily fluid being found on the path behind the apartment complex and LE said, "No comment" Has anyone else heard anything like this 

Bumping NO ROSE'S POST because I had not heard this either..does anyone have any info on this?

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #512 on: May 27, 2009, 12:24:55 PM »

Bumping NO ROSE'S POST because I had not heard this either..does anyone have any info on this?

No luck yet, but i'm still looking.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #513 on: May 27, 2009, 12:30:09 PM »

Monroe County Sheriff: Nevaeh is still missing, and there have been no arrests

Posted: May 26, 2009 05:18 PM EDT

Updated: May 27, 2009 11:00 AM EDT

--snipped--

Hundreds have joined in the search for 5-year-old Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan. Family members said they heard a voice in the woods Tuesday night calling "Mommy" and "Shane" but that they found nothing and feel it was a prank.

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=10425704

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: May 27, 2009, 12:30:38 PM »

No luck yet, but i'm still looking.
Thanks, me too. The only thing I can think perhaps this is talk that is going around, and the reporter threw that question out to see if it would be answered  For LE to say no comment, that's what makes me wonder if this is more then just a rumor.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: May 27, 2009, 12:31:46 PM »

--snipped--

Hundreds have joined in the search for 5-year-old Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan. Family members said they heard a voice in the woods Tuesday night calling "Mommy" and "Shane" but that they found nothing and feel it was a prank.

WTH, that is not a prank, that is just plain vicious.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: May 27, 2009, 12:40:18 PM »

--snipped--

WTH, that is not a prank, that is just plain vicious.

I agree....plain old vicious!

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #517 on: May 27, 2009, 12:40:55 PM »

Article published May 27, 2009
2 quarries being searched as efforts continue to find Monroe missing girl

MONROE - Two privately owned quarries are being searched as a task force of more than 100 local, state, and federal law enforcement officials continues its efforts to find 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan.

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said during a press conference Wednesday morning the two quarries are targets of the search now, and a helicopter and canine units are being used in searches as tips come in to authorities. More than 200 tips have been received, the sheriff said.

No arrests have been made, but the sheriff said people of interest have been interviewed by law enforcement officials.

Sheriff Crutchfield said his office as well as the FBI and others are being staffed 24 hours a day in an effort to locate the girl who has been missing since Sunday night.

When asked about reports of a hunting knife being found in connection with the missing girl, Sheriff Crutchfield said property found as part of the investigation has been sent to the Michigan State Police Crime Lab for analysis. He would not confirm that the property was a knife.

One of the quarries being searched is located on the south end in Monroe Township off Laplaisance Road and Dixie Highway, where divers from the Wayne County Sheriff's Department and Grosse Ile fire department are in the water searching. The other, on the north end, is off North Dixie Highway near I-75 in Frenchtown Township.

Following the press conference, Sherry Buchanan, Nevaeh's grandmother, who has custody of the girl, said she plans to conduct her own press conference at 1 p.m. Wednesday near a tree at the apartment complex where Nevaeh was last seen.

--snipped--

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090527/NEWS02/905270355/0/up_disabled.gif

I'll try to find a link to the grandma's presser....

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #518 on: May 27, 2009, 12:42:25 PM »

Updated at 12:05 p.m.

Despite numerous leads and interviews and dozens of law enforcement officials working around the clock, 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan remains missing.
Advertisement

In a somber news conference today with loved ones standing nearby, FBI agent Andy Arena acknowledged that the odds of finding Nevaeh alive dwindle as the hours pass.

“But you never give up hope,” he said. When a child goes missing, he added after the news conference, “there is no tomorrow. You put forward all your resources and you go at it hard.”

Arena said investigators have seized “a number of pieces” of potential evidence since Nevaeh disappeared outside her Macomb Street apartment complex Sunday evening. He would not elaborate on what they were or whom officials have interviewed in the past three days, pointing out that statistics show kidnapping victims typically know their abductors.

(more at link)
http://is.gd/H6il

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: May 27, 2009, 12:43:44 PM »

Thanks Leroy, I wonder if LE is working off tips where they are searching, seem to be concentrating a lot on quarries.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.