March 18, 2024, 10:36:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan 5 Michigan, Missing-Last seen 5/24/09 #1 (BODY FOUND)  (Read 628154 times)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #740 on: May 28, 2009, 12:01:03 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:50:08 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #741 on: May 28, 2009, 12:08:32 AM »

Another, just to make sure Detroit News didn't get it wrong:

"On Sunday, May 24, 2009 at approximately 6:30 p.m., the Citizens Assistance Responders (C.A.R.S.) Division responded to the apartment complex and Nevaeh Amaya Buchanan W/F 02/03/2004, was reported missing."

http://www.wtol.com/global/story.asp?s=10417904

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: May 28, 2009, 12:08:34 AM »

According to the news conference I was watching, the police were notified around 8pm.  Prior to 8pm the mom and grandmom were looking for Nevaeh themselves. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: May 28, 2009, 12:10:14 AM »

JessStar - I was watching the press conference and that's what was said.  I remember it because I was surprised it was so late.  They didn't say 6 or 6:30 they said 8pm or so.  It was 8 something.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #744 on: May 28, 2009, 12:13:36 AM »

New video starts at about 1:50.  Link on the right.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story/New-Evidence-in-Nevaeh-Buchanan-Case/T-Nl3_Fzuk6vxLWpk26NOQ.cspx
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #745 on: May 28, 2009, 12:24:08 AM »

According to the news conference I was watching, the police were notified around 8pm.  Prior to 8pm the mom and grandmom were looking for Nevaeh themselves. 

We may both be right.     The Citizen's Assistance Responders Division of the Monroe County Sheriff's office were the first to respond to a call at around 6:00.  They arrived around 6:15.  Perhaps the 8:00 reference is to when CARS notified the Police and an amber alert was issued.  I'm not sure.  But all the news sites I just researched, and especially those early on, report the 6-6:15 time frame.   

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #746 on: May 28, 2009, 12:27:39 AM »

O/T    KLAAS  did you get a msg. for a edit in the Amber Dubois thread?
just being a mother hen here!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: May 28, 2009, 12:30:46 AM »

No, did you email me?  I'll check.  I've had a bunch of family dropping by today 
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #748 on: May 28, 2009, 12:33:31 AM »

No, did you email me?  I'll check.  I've had a bunch of family dropping by today 
   No it was a sos   from somebody else, can't remember who
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #749 on: May 28, 2009, 12:36:25 AM »

Hopes to find Nevaeh, 5, dwindle
Updated at 10:15 p.m.
Family, friends and supporters gathered tonight for a candlelight vigil called to keep hope burning for the safe return of missing 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan of Monroe.

Earlier in the day, authorities expanded their search for the girl, who disappeared Sunday evening while playing outside the apartment she shares with her mother and grandmother, who is her court-appointed guardian.

Monroe County Sheriff’s Office Major Dan Motylinski said officials searched two Dixie Highway quarries today — bringing in divers — not because they received tips, but to rule them out in their search.

For the most part, officials at the Sheriff’s Office, the FBI and the Michigan State Police publicly released little information today about the course of their ongoing investigation.

But a search warrant affidavit filed in the case reportedly identifies blood found on items inside the Monroe motel room and on items in a van belonging to 39-year-old George Kennedy, a friend of Nevaeh’s mother. Kennedy is a registered sex offender currently in jail for allegedly violating the terms of his parole for being around the girl.

Nevaeh’s mother, Jennifer Buchanan, 24, told the Free Press she met with two FBI agents from noon until 5 p.m. at the FOP Lodge in Monroe, reviewing her life history and that of her daughter.

“Back to when I first found out I was pregnant,” she said, adding that the agents asked about “mine and my daughter’s father’s break-up, why did it happen, who came after him.”

Buchanan said the agents’ approach was different than the hard questioning she felt she underwent for seven hours Monday from Sheriff’s Office investigators.

Buchanan talked to the newspaper by telephone as a Detroit TV station aired a segment wondering aloud where Buchanan had been, suggesting she was hiding, leaving her apartment from the back and missing while others were searching for her daughter.

“I’m not the bad guy, just because I’m not in front of the camera,” she said of the broadcast. “I’m focused on getting my daughter back home.”

Aside from meeting with investigators when requested, she said she had been searching the area for her daughter with friends and family members.

“I feel like I’m getting so close, yet I’m coming to a dead end,” Buchanan said. “I am trying to be patient.”

A reward fund created by a Monroe-area detective agency for tips in the case had reached nearly $10,000 by today.

In a somber news conference with loved ones standing nearby, FBI agent Andy Arena acknowledged that the odds of finding the Monroe area girl alive dwindle as the hours and days pass. “But you never give up hope,” he said.

Arena said investigators have seized “a number of pieces” of potential evidence, since Nevaeh disappeared outside her Macomb Street apartment complex Sunday evening. He would not elaborate.

“Most abductions are (by) someone who had some type of relationship or experience with the child,” Arena said.

A tip by two shoppers that they saw Nevaeh at an open-air mall just north of Columbus on Monday generated more leads to the FBI, which was following up, Special Agent Michael Brooks said.

Police are still holding Kennedy while they investigate whether the registered sex offender violated his parole by being around the girl. They also questioned a man described as a transient before releasing him Monday.

Nevaeh’s mother put little stock in reports that investigators were testing a bloody knife found in a fishing tackle box owned by Kennedy.

“He has fished,” Jennifer Buchanan said today. “He was fishing a lot.”

Kennedy, 39, was convicted in March 2002 of fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct and home invasion, according to his Michigan Department of Correction records. Part of his parole agreement includes orders that an adult must be present when he’s with a child under the age of 17, and he’s not allowed to have a romantic relationship with a person associated with a child. Kennedy is also forbidden to have children’s clothing, toys or games, and he must stay at least 1,000 feet from schools, child care centers, parks, pools, playgrounds and arcades, records say.

He was sentenced in March 2002 to serve two to 15 years in prison, but was released on parole in July 2007. His parole is scheduled to end in July.

Buchanan said she didn’t want to discuss a statement by her mother that she met Kennedy at a parole office while there after a drug problem led to her conviction on a charge of home invasion in the city of Monroe in 2006.

And while her mother, Sherry Buchanan, took over custody of Nevaeh while Jennifer spent 11 months in jail, Jennifer Buchanan said, the promise of a future with her daughter kept her going.

“My daughter, I mostly thought about my daughter,” she said, adding that she, her mother and Nevaeh have lived together ever since. “She was the one that helped me turn around,” she said. “I cherished every moment I was with her.”

Nevaeh is 3 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 45 pounds. She was last seen wearing a light blue sleeveless shirt with red and white horizontal stripes and knee-length jeans.

Anyone with information should call 911 or the sheriff’s office at 734-243-7070. Donations to the reward fund can be made by calling 800-681-0687.

Contact TAMMY STABLES BATTAGLIA: 313-223-4456 or tbattaglia@freepress.com. Free Press Staff Writer Nicquel Terry contributed to this report.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090527/NEWS05/905270357/Hopes+to+find+Nevaeh++5++dwindle
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #750 on: May 28, 2009, 12:45:13 AM »

Shocking! Seems like this one has too many twists and turns to try to figure anything out. Maybe everyone should take a big long deep breath  until some more of the details come out.

One thing to do with getting federal attention is to bother the heck out of your senators and congressman/woman. Fax, call, leave messages, ask your friends and family to do the same. It usually starts there. If enough come over to our side, which they will if they believe votes are in the balance, then  requests for congressional hearings and so on. Rarely do you get anywhere when you go to the prez himself. But you know, Michelle Obama is a child's advocate , if we bombard her office with phone calls, faxes  and letters we will get her attention, but it has to be big, organized and continuous. We will be fighting against a whole slue of important issues and people wanting her help. I am in because there will always be parents who feel these things will not happen to them. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: May 28, 2009, 12:46:58 AM »

Man had past contact with girls
by Ray Kisonas , last modified May 27. 2009 10:53AM
The man being held by police during the ongoing investigation of the missing 5-year-old Monroe girl had been convicted of forcibly having sex with a teenager when he was 28.
George Kennedy, now 39, is still being held in the Monroe County jail on a parole violation charge, although police have said he is not considered a suspect in the disappearance of Nevaeh Buchanan, who remains missing. Mr. Kennedy had been friends with Nevaeh’s mother, Jennifer Buchanan.
He has pleaded no contest to several charges that involved sexual advances and had reported contacts with girls between the ages of 11 and 15 while he lived in Maybee.
Ms. Buchanan said she knew about Mr. Kennedy’s past, but she did not let him spend time with Nevaeh alone. She said she and Mr. Kennedy were just friends.
"He was not my boyfriend," Ms. Buchanan said. "He was never left alone with her."
In police reports obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, Mr. Kennedy was convicted of criminal sexual conduct after a girl told Michigan State Police detectives that he forcibly had sex with her inside a car behind a gas station in Newport. But she reported the incident to police three years later because she said she was afraid of what her family might think, reports said.
The incident was reported in 2001 during another investigation involving Mr. Kennedy and several other girls who lived in the same neighborhood. They told police they were sexually harassed by Mr. Kennedy. The girls, some as young as 11, and Mr. Kennedy lived in the Maybee area at the time.
One of them was 13 years old at the time and told detectives that he forced her into a kiss when she went to his home to retrieve her brother. According to police reports, Mr. Kennedy made advances toward the girl and, at one point, "forced himself on her" and kissed her with his "tongue down her throat."
He allegedly offered the girl marijuana if she would have sex with him. She refused, according to police reports, which said he called her 12 times; the girl told police she was afraid of him.
Another alleged victim, who was 15 at the time, said Mr. Kennedy grabbed her by the buttocks and made sexual advances.
According to court records, Mr. Kennedy pleaded no contest to charges of accosting a minor, criminal sexual conduct, fourth degree, and home invasion, which involved a separate case where he allegedly broke into a home in the Willow Green mobile home park.
In 2002 he received a sentence of 2 to 15 years and was released in April, 2003, after serving 13 months. He had numerous conditions upon his release, including having no romantic relationship with a person associated with a child.
He had numerous other restrictions including having to register as a sex offender, which he had. He also was required to stay 1,000 feet from schools, child care centers, parks, public pools and playgrounds and must not have child’s clothing, toys or games.
Mr. Kennedy was not allowed to have Internet access nor a cellular telephone. Last month, Monroe police arrested him for violating his parole after he was caught with a cell phone. He was lodged in the county jail, then later released.

http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090527/NEWS01/705279968/-1/NEVAEH

He was brought in because he had a cell phone not because he was near or dating a woman with a child.  What is wrong with ths picture?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: May 28, 2009, 12:52:39 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:51:06 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #753 on: May 28, 2009, 12:57:46 AM »

A cell phone? Are you kidding me?

Klaas that is strange, I wonder which is right? Maybe there is a police log?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #754 on: May 28, 2009, 01:03:19 AM »

A cell phone? Are you kidding me?

Klaas that is strange, I wonder which is right? Maybe there is a police log?

I had a WTH moment when I read that as well.  Then I thought about a cell can go on Internet now though and can have a camera.  I am still haunted by the pictures in the suitcase int eh one video.  He may have a habit of taking inappropriate pictures?  I am shocked at all the incidents with forcing himself on children. Can anyone explain tot me why he would be out on parole when he clearly is not going to change his vile behaviour?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #755 on: May 28, 2009, 01:16:57 AM »

In jail he gets internet access and visitors can smuggle in cell phones! Not to mention free dental and health care, 3 square meals per day and a fully equipped gym!  Why we want our prisoners strong and healthy is beyond me! 

I couldn't really make out the pics in the suitcase. I saw one of him, but it looked like the other pics were torn? I do wonder how much blood was on shorts, a towel, the wall,  and if he has any cuts on his person which would cause this?
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #756 on: May 28, 2009, 06:19:37 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

Well, isn't that interesting. At a minimum, we have conflicting reports of when this little girl was reported missing to the authorities. Perhaps the Sheriff's office will clear it up today, or already has.  But at least we have independent sources confirming when the child went missing, and not just the mother.  If complex management says they were searching around 6:15, then we've still pinpointed a time consistent with the purported alibi.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:51:42 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #757 on: May 28, 2009, 06:44:56 AM »

In jail he gets internet access and visitors can smuggle in cell phones! Not to mention free dental and health care, 3 square meals per day and a fully equipped gym!  Why we want our prisoners strong and healthy is beyond me! 

I couldn't really make out the pics in the suitcase. I saw one of him, but it looked like the other pics were torn? I do wonder how much blood was on shorts, a towel, the wall,  and if he has any cuts on his person which would cause this?

You know, Tracygirl, the information that we received leads us to think the worst. We just know how these things usually pan out, and when you have these items found in the hotel/home of a registered SO, well, it just seems that more compelling.  But if you think about it,  it's not unusual to have blood on a towel or shorts or on a wall in a bathroom, nor is it unusual to have hair all around.  People cut themselves shaving, for example.  My mother is a diabetic and checks her sugar all the time in the bathroom.  At times I'll go over to visit and I'll see blood on the sink or on a towel from the test.  So how much was found?  We don't know, but the way the media reported it, we're lead to think everything was soaked.  People lose hair too--it's not unusual to find hair on the floor or on a toilet in a bathroom.  Call me stupid, but I venture to guess that this guy wasn't Mr. Clean.  We don't know, as far as I can tell, what size the shorts were, whether they were consistent with Nevaeh's, whether they belonged to Kennedy, whether the hair that was found was long or short, whether IT was consistent with Nevaeh's.  There's just so much we don't know.  Look how Klaas and I came up with conflicting information on when this little girl was reported missing.  If the media can't get something so simple as that consistently right--something that is easily verifiable--then I'm not trusting them to tell us about this evidence.  So before I beat myself up on this case any further, I'm going to wait to hear the results of the blood tests or until I hear an announcement that the little girl was found one way or another.  It just takes too much of an emotional toll on me otherwise.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #758 on: May 28, 2009, 07:46:51 AM »

We really don't know when this child went missing ....we don't know if mom checked on her all day really! Children playing with Neveah would not have known how long it had been since they saw her last...The child who came to alert Jennifer about Neveah riding her bike/scooter in the road, could have come to the door to ask if Neveah could come out to play and that alerted Jennifer that maybe she better check on her....
also, I thought that the Grandmother had been at work that day so how did she know that Jennifer had been up and down checking on Neveah?

Maybe we need to organize our thoughts and what efforts we need to make in getting our voices heard...if it means sending tons of emails to Michelle Obama or marching or whatever, we do need to organize...we can do it! I think that Michelle is the one to help us...we just need to get her attention...

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #759 on: May 28, 2009, 08:30:14 AM »

MOM didn't call police until about 8pm.  How do we know for sure when Nevaeh went missing?  So he claims to have an alibi 4-7 how about 7-8?
I was wondering the same exact thing.
With the two witness children, to come up with such a vivid crime and both have the same story, it just seems strange that it would be something that they just made up off the top of their heads.  Those are some pretty intrecate details...I would hope that they are not being coached by parents or worse Nevaeh's family.
Did the Mother have access to this SO's hotel room?  Does this hotel have cameras?  Nevaeh's mother easily could be setting up George to take the fall for something she herself had done.  (Again thinking outside of the box)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.