March 18, 2024, 10:20:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan 5 Michigan, Missing-Last seen 5/24/09 #1 (BODY FOUND)  (Read 628147 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #800 on: May 28, 2009, 02:46:01 PM »

I tell you one thing, if I lived in that apartment building and I know now that Jennifer was hanging around with a sex offender who was in contact with my children while playing with Nevaeh, I would be really upset! being a neighbor, they had a right to know who was/is hanging out among their children. not that he was actively outside playing with the children, but I would bet that there were times when Kennedy was in the apartment when Nevaeh was in the apartment with some of her little friends...

I am relieved that the LE are saying that she is probably still alive...however, we were told that about Sandra Cantu and look what happened....but still, I will continue to be optimistic...
what do we know about the new POI?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: May 28, 2009, 02:57:41 PM »

Leads Lead To Nowhere For Missing Girl
Man Named Person Of Interest

POSTED: Wednesday, May 27, 2009
UPDATED: 12:19 pm EDT May 28, 2009

MONROE, Mich. -- Five days after a 5-year-old girl went missing from a Monroe apartment complex, investigators continue to follow leads after numerous searches have not led them to a break in the case.

<snipped>

Police said Kennedy is being detained because he allegedly violated the terms of his parole by having a relationship with a woman who has a child under the age of 17.

<snipped>

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19578836/detail.html

This violation of parole was known way back and ... yet Kennedy was allowed to remain free nevertheless.  Maybe if Kennedy had been detained at the time the violation was being addressed ...

I am livid.

Janet

++++

1:40
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19578836/detail.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #802 on: May 28, 2009, 02:58:20 PM »

I don't believe that I have heard/read any further info on this 2nd SO who owned the van - 'Roy Smith' - who is also purportedly an "associate" of Jennifer . . . What is their association? Has he spent time in George's motel room? Spent time with Jennifer when little Neveah was around? Did Jennifer or Grandma know that this guy was also an SO? Perhaps Smith noticed that Neveah trusted & spent time with "Daddy" George, and decided to take advantage of that trust himself? Do we know what age children he has been accused of molesting?
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #803 on: May 28, 2009, 02:59:54 PM »

Article published May 28, 2009
Second convicted sex offender person of interest in girl’s disappearance

Roy Lee Smith

Zoom | Photo Reprints

BLADE STAFF

MONROE — Monroe County authorities said Thursday that a second man — a Monroe resident who’s also a convicted sex offender — is a second "person of interest" in the case of missing 5-year-old Neveah Buchanan.

Roy Lee Smith, 48, was released from state prison in February, 2008, after serving time for a 1991 conviction for criminal sexual conduct.

According to an affidavit, Smith gave his nephew’s van to George Kennedy, a convicted sex offender who remains in custody on an unrelated parole violation. Authorities have said Kennedy is also a person of interest in the girl’s disappearance.

According to the court record, authorities have searched the van, retrieved a tool from it, and have sent it for testing.

Neveah went missing from an apartment complex in Monroe on Sunday evening.

Law enforcement officials in Monroe County said Thursday morning that thorough searches of two quarries "were negative" in the search for the girl.

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said at a press conference Thursday morning that divers with sonars and cadaver dogs were used in the searches, but nothing was found that could help them in their search for Neveah.

The sheriff said officials are looking for more tips from the public that can help locate the young girl.

Sheriff Crutchfield said that Kennedy, a 39-year-old convicted sex offender, remains a person of interest but he stressed that he is not the only such person in the case and that no arrest warrants have been issued.

"We aren’t focused solely on persons of interest," Sheriff Crutchfield said.

"We will be following up any additional leads that come in throughout the day," he said, adding that the apartment complex will again be canvassed and all residents will again be interviewed.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090528/NEWS02/905289997/0/COLUMNIST03
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #804 on: May 28, 2009, 03:01:48 PM »

I tell you one thing, if I lived in that apartment building and I know now that Jennifer was hanging around with a sex offender who was in contact with my children while playing with Nevaeh, I would be really upset! being a neighbor, they had a right to know who was/is hanging out among their children. not that he was actively outside playing with the children, but I would bet that there were times when Kennedy was in the apartment when Nevaeh was in the apartment with some of her little friends...

I am relieved that the LE are saying that she is probably still alive...however, we were told that about Sandra Cantu and look what happened....but still, I will continue to be optimistic...

He is a registered sex offender.  He owns the van George Kennedy drove, and which contained the multi-tool that appeared to have blood on it.  It was in a container that was supposed to house the face of car stereo.  It was found in the unlocked glove box. 

There are 2 Roy Smith's in the sex offender registry.  The first is Roy Charles Smith.  He lives at 14196 S Dixie Hwy Monroe, MI 48161.  This may be the POI, as I believe this location is close by.  His conviction was for Criminal Sexual Conduct 4th Degree(Force Or Coercion).  He's 67 years old.

The other is Roy Lee Smith.  He lives at 15501 S Telegraph Rd, Monroe, MI 48161.  I'm not sure where that's at.  He is 48.  He's got quite a rap sheet, but he only sex related crime occured 18 years ago.  He's been on parole since 2/08.

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #805 on: May 28, 2009, 03:07:03 PM »

I tend to think that George and his pedo buddies are involved.   Who are the two people that alibi him?  Solid members of the community? Where they all somewhere in the public where other people saw them? At a movie or shopping where they have a movie ticket stub or shopping receipt?  If not ..then I think we need to know more....lots of cons will lie for each other..

I also tend to still believe the two children,  I think that whoever took this child did see the kids and did have a knife and threatened to hurt Nevaeh or them if they told what happend.  That is a normal scenario for a perv..they threaten to hurt the child or members of the child's family if they tell.  So maybe the child is riding the scooter in the street..perv comes up with a knife takes her and tells the kids to keep quiet. 

Then the 8 year old tells the Mom that she was riding in the street..afraid to tell the whole story....but mentions Daddy George was here.  The Mom knows exactly what happened...and that is why she is phoning George. 

The FBI talk to the kids..they tell a different story then they told the Mom .. but they are afraid for their friend to tell the truth.  They then talk to the FBI a second time and that is when we hear who it was and about the knife.  Too me that is not too far fetched because with children that are abused..and certainly these little ones that saw this go down were abused by that terror..often do not ell what they know immediately out of fear.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #806 on: May 28, 2009, 03:08:57 PM »

I tend to think that George and his pedo buddies are involved.   Who are the two people that alibi him?  Solid members of the community? Where they all somewhere in the public where other people saw them? At a movie or shopping where they have a movie ticket stub or shopping receipt?  If not ..then I think we need to know more....lots of cons will lie for each other..

I also tend to still believe the two children,  I think that whoever took this child did see the kids and did have a knife and threatened to hurt Nevaeh or them if they told what happend.  That is a normal scenario for a perv..they threaten to hurt the child or members of the child's family if they tell.  So maybe the child is riding the scooter in the street..perv comes up with a knife takes her and tells the kids to keep quiet. 

Then the 8 year old tells the Mom that she was riding in the street..afraid to tell the whole story....but mentions Daddy George was here.  The Mom knows exactly what happened...and that is why she is phoning George. 

The FBI talk to the kids..they tell a different story then they told the Mom .. but they are afraid for their friend to tell the truth.  They then talk to the FBI a second time and that is when we hear who it was and about the knife.  Too me that is not too far fetched because with children that are abused..and certainly these little ones that saw this go down were abused by that terror..often do not ell what they know immediately out of fear.

You make sense GDD.  Maybe they didn't see her get stabbed.  Maybe they saw him place the knife on her stomach and threaten. 

JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #807 on: May 28, 2009, 03:09:46 PM »

According to the above, here's the new POI

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #808 on: May 28, 2009, 03:10:01 PM »

He is a registered sex offender.  He owns the van George Kennedy drove, and which contained the multi-tool that appeared to have blood on it.  It was in a container that was supposed to house the face of car stereo.  It was found in the unlocked glove box. 

There are 2 Roy Smith's in the sex offender registry.  The first is Roy Charles Smith.  He lives at 14196 S Dixie Hwy Monroe, MI 48161.  This may be the POI, as I believe this location is close by.  His conviction was for Criminal Sexual Conduct 4th Degree(Force Or Coercion).  He's 67 years old.

The other is Roy Lee Smith.  He lives at 15501 S Telegraph Rd, Monroe, MI 48161.  I'm not sure where that's at.  He is 48.  He's got quite a rap sheet, but he only sex related crime occured 18 years ago.  He's been on parole since 2/08.

thanks Jess....

canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #809 on: May 28, 2009, 03:10:58 PM »

http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2profile.asp?mdocNumber=163676

Here's the link to his offender sheet.

I'm not sure how to paste the actual thing on the forum.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #810 on: May 28, 2009, 03:13:37 PM »

but this one has not offended <<that we know of>>>for 18 yrs right?
but is this the one who owns the van or the older guy? kindof confusing with them having the same name...thanks

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #811 on: May 28, 2009, 03:14:11 PM »

Thanks for the updates. I have a question, in one of the videos, I think from yesterday, there was a tiny, very run down house that was shown. Is that were this Smith creep lives?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #812 on: May 28, 2009, 03:17:31 PM »

http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2profile.asp?mdocNumber=163676

Here's the link to his offender sheet.

I'm not sure how to paste the actual thing on the forum.

maybe he hasn't reoffended yet cause he has been in jail for 15 yrs..if I read that rap sheet right...released in 2008...is that right?
wonder how old his victim was?

Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #813 on: May 28, 2009, 03:21:03 PM »

but this one has not offended <<that we know of>>>for 18 yrs right?
but is this the one who owns the van or the older guy? kindof confusing with them having the same name...thanks

I don't think it is the older one because they said the POI was parolled in Feb of 08 - which is the 48 year old above.

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

is why we call it the PRESENT
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #814 on: May 28, 2009, 03:26:58 PM »

Roy Lee Smith's victim had to be at least 13 years of age and under 16 years in order for him to be coded as stated in Section 750.520d
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(0drc0pa2kfxdnoepha5wpgmt))/mileg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-750-520D

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: May 28, 2009, 05:05:56 PM »

All I have heard on this today is the statement that LE says there is no reason to think she is not alive.  I do hope all in the area will continue to search for her and others everywhere to be on the lookout for her in the event of a kidnapping and taking out of the area.

At least the FBI is involved very early on in this.  That always seems to help if any help there is.

Trying to remain hopeful. 

There are too many laws in place to protect these SO and not enough to protect our children.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #816 on: May 28, 2009, 05:13:03 PM »

No reason to believe
Nevaeh's dead
Updated: Thursday, 28 May 2009, 5:03 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 28 May 2009, 4:24 PM EDT

MONROE, Mich. - Task force officials aggressively searching for Nevaeh Buchanan, the 5-year-old Monroe, Mich., girl abducted Sunday evening, said Thursday they have no reason to believe she has died despite finding new evidence in a registered sex offender's apartment, police said.

"We have no indication that she is not still alive," Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said.

Although it's been an expensive search process, Sheriff Crutchfield said you can't put a price on life.

Two quarries located on Dixie Highway in Monroe were searched by four dive teams Wednesday with no results.

"We searched the entire length and depth of each quarry with negative results," the sheriff said.

On Tuesday, police obtained a search warrant to search George Kennedy's motel room, a person of interest who family says was the boyfriend of Nevaeh's mother.

On Wednesday, blood-stained shorts and towels were found in the room, putting the public's radar on Kennedy as a prime suspect. But FBI agent Edward Hanko said presumptions and rumors will only hurt the case.

"Rumors and innuendo are never helpful for anyone, and I'm sure the family is feeling some type of anguish obviously with the loss of their daughter and with people coming to conclusions on their own based on the limited information they get," Agent Hanko said.

Authorities said they're fast-tracking the processing of all evidence with the Michigan State Police crime lab and the next step is more questioning.

"We continue to stress the focus is not solely on persons of interest - we are still soliciting any and all information that the public has," Sheriff Crutchfield said.

Despite the fact that no charges or arrests have been made regarding Nevaeh abduction, Agent Hanko, assigned to the case, describes the investigation as going well.

Danko is working with 70 other FBI agents and law enforcement officers from Monroe Police, the Monroe County Sheriff's Department, and Michigan State Police, is following the more than 200 leads received through the (734) 243-7070 tip line.

Sheriff Crutchfield said investigators are conducting additional interviews at the Charlotte Arms Apartments, where Nevaeh was last seen Sunday. All 180 units in the apartment already had been searched, but police and FBI were back canvassing it on Thursday.

"Somebody is not talking," said Shaun Lawson, a relative of Nevaeh's family. "I mean, she came up missing from that area. We got all these apartments facing that particular area."

Lawson said with all the questions, the rumors, and the media around, the everyone in the complex is under a lot of stress.

He said children always used to play right outside.

"And now as you can see, you go up and down the street, you won't see a kid around," Lawson said.

http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/wupw_No_reason_to_believe_Nevaehs_dead_052809
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #817 on: May 28, 2009, 05:14:35 PM »

New Developments in Missing Girl Case

Monroe (WWJ/AP) - A second person of interest has been added to the case of the 5-year-old missing Monroe girl. Nevaeh Buchanon was last seen Sunday evening at her apartment building in Monroe. Police and FBI agents Thursday have received about 400 tips.

Roy Smith, Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said, is now added to the list.  Smith reportedly is a friend of the family.  Smith was convicted of criminal sexual conduct in 1993 and was paroled last year.

George Kennedy, 39, is also in custody on an unrelated parole violation. Kennedy, whose last known residence was a Monroe motel, is a registered sex offender who was released from prison in 2007 after serving time for fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct and home invasion.

Water-rescue and dive units from the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office and Grosse Isle Fire Department spent Wednesday combing the 105-acre water-filled quarry, reportedly to be about 100 feet deep, in Monroe Township, and near the motel under investigation.

A search warrant revealed that the motel room of George Kennedy contained bloodstained shorts,  a towel and bloodstains above the sink.

Ten additional FBI agents have joined the search and the agents will help interview people who live in the apartment complex where Nevaeh was last seen.

FBI Agent Edward Hanko, Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the Detroit office, said the search is going "extremely well," and the ultimate goal is to get her back alive and hopefully make an arrest. 

A task force of federal, state and local law enforcement personnel are working 24 hours a day to find Nevaeh. Neighbors, friends and family members also have organized groups to look for the girl.

http://www.wwj.com/New-Developments-in-Missing-Girl-Case/4489913
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #818 on: May 28, 2009, 05:18:55 PM »

New Developments in Search for Nevaeh

Last Update: 3:04 pm 

MONROE, Mich. (WXYZ) - During a Thursday morning news conference, Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield told reporters that they are still following up on tips in the search for Nevaeh Buchanan. Crutchfield also told reporters that they believe the little girl may still be alive.

WATCH ACTION NEWS REPORTS IN THE VIDEO PLAYER ON THE RIGHT

Action News was on the scene Thursday morning as teams of investigators combed through the Charlotte Arms Apartment Complex, the home of 5-year-old Nevaeh. They are going door to door re-interviewing residents at the complex.

During a news conference Thursday morning, the Monroe County Sheriff and the FBI urged the public to keep coming forward with tips and information.

Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield told reporters that multiple "persons of interest" are being questioned at this point.

Candles burned Wednesday night at a community vigil for the missing girl.

Police are now examining disturbing evidence taken from the motel room of a "person of interest" that may be linked to her disappearance.

The new evidence included in the search warrant came from the residence of 39-year-old George Kennedy. He's a friend of the little girl's mother and a registered sex offender.

Kennedy is currently being held on an unrelated parole violation.

After Nevaeh disappeared on Sunday, police searched a room at the Motel 7 in Monroe where Kennedy had been staying.

Investigators seized shorts, a towel with blood stains, samples of blood from the wall above the bathroom sink, photos of a white female similar to Nevaeh and hairs from the toilet and bathroom floor.

Kennedy's Van was also searched. Inside, investigators found fishing weights and a silver multi-tool with blood on it.

So far, no arrests have been made and no charges are pending.

Meantime, Nevaeh's family is pleading for her safe return. Investigators continued their search for the little girl on Wednesday, searching two quarries located near her home.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story/New-Developments-in-Search-for-Nevaeh/T-Nl3_Fzuk6vxLWpk26NOQ.cspx
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #819 on: May 28, 2009, 05:23:21 PM »

Second sex offender is person of interest
by Ray Kisonas , last modified May 28. 2009 5:10PM

Police said a second registered sex offender from Monroe is a person of interest in the investigation of Nevaeh Buchanan who has been missing four days.
Roy Lee Smith, 48, of 15501 S. Telegraph Rd. was released in February, 2008, after serving 15 years in prison on a conviction of criminal sexual conduct, third degree and other charges, such as larceny and breaking and entering.

According to the Michigan Department of Corrections, Mr. Smith was sentenced to 15 to 50 years in prison by a Monroe County Circuit Judge in 1993 for an offense that occurred two years previously.

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said Mr. Smith is one of several persons of interest that a 100-member task force is investigating. He said that Mr. Smith knows Jennifer Buchanan, Nevaeh’s mother. “He’s a known acquaintance of the family,” the sheriff said this afternoon.

It is the second named person of interest who is a registered sex offender linked to Ms. Buchanan, 24, who met George Kennedy at a parole office. Mr. Kennedy, 39, is being held in the county jail on a violation of probation charge.
Investigators said Mr. Kennedy is not a suspect and it appears he has a good alibi. A person close to the investigation told The Evening News that two people said they were with Mr. Kennedy at the time that Nevaeh disappeared Sunday.
She vanished between 6 and 6:15 p.m. and the friends of Mr. Kennedy said he was with them from 4 to 7 p.m. Both people took and passed a lie detector test, sources said.
At a press conference earlier today, Sheriff Crutchfield said there is no reason to believe Nevaeh is not alive. He also said the focus of the investigation is not on Mr. Kennedy, despite bloody evidence that was confiscated from his room at the Motel 7 and his van that has been impounded. “We don’t want the public to become myopic with George Kennedy,” Sheriff Crutchfield said. “He is strictly…a person of interest.”
Today, FBI agents in suits canvassed the 108-unit Charlotte Arms apartment complex, looking in apartments and re-interviewing tenants. Police continue to follow up on numerous leads.

http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090528/NEWS01/705289972
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.