March 28, 2024, 08:51:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan 5 Michigan, Missing-Last seen 5/24/09 #1 (BODY FOUND)  (Read 628712 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #540 on: May 27, 2009, 01:32:46 PM »

Amber Alert! Task Force Investigating Disappearance

Monroe (WWJ/AP)  -- A task force of more than 100 law enforcement offices was involved in the search for a five-year old Monroe girl who has been missing since last Sunday evening. 

WWJ's Pat Vitale reports two quarries, along Dixie Highway, were being searched late Wednesday morning for Nevaeh Buchanon, who was last seen outside the Charlotte Arms apartments on Macomb Street in Monroe.  All 180 units in the apartment have been searched.

She is 3-foot-8 and 45 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said during a news conference Wednesday morning that his office as well as the FBI and others are staffed 24 hours a day trying to locate the little girl. 

He says persons of interest have been identified, but the investigation and the search are ongoing.

There are reports that a knife belonging to the boyfriend of Buchanon's mother has been sent for testing to determine if blood found on the knife matches that of the little girl. 

More than 200 tips had been investigated and Andrew Arena, special agent in charge of the FBI's Detroit office, said he was going to bring in more agents.

One of Arena's two young daughters asked him Tuesday night, "Did you find the little girl, daddy?'' and Arena replied,  "No, not yet,'' he told reporters.

"This is tragic. It's very urgent, and it's something that touches us. ... It affects us, these cases affect the investigators more than anything else we do,'' he said.

Tuesday night, a crowd of more than 200 people gathered at the local Kmart to search the area.

A $2,500 reward also is being offered for information in the case.  Anyone with information should call 734-243-7070. 

Monroe County sheriff's Maj. Dan Motylinski said the girl's mother Jennifer Buchanan and a man who is a convicted sex offender failed questions on the lie-detector test.  The man is in custody in another case.

"Several people have been interviewed, and numerous area canvasses have been completed,'' the sheriff's office said.

http://www.wwj.com/Missing-Monroe-Girl-Latest--Knife-Sent-To-Lab--2-F/4478089
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #541 on: May 27, 2009, 01:33:03 PM »

I have been trying to find out any more about a vehicle. That is quite a distance from his Motel to the apartments. I would think too far to walk. Maybe bus??? Maybe his Brother? Does anyone know brother's name or if he is a RSO? Did the bio mother have means of transportation? Would she pick him up??  Hinky meter just went off big time again.

The pics of Motel shows no cars parked in the slots, which leads me to believe it is probably a place where many RSO's live. Does any monkey in the area know about the bus routes there??

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #542 on: May 27, 2009, 01:34:55 PM »

Here is a comment left over on Blink on Crime:

65.Comment by choochoomama — May 27, 2009 @ 9:12 am
An employee of my mother’s was helping with the search yesterday and found a pair of little girl’s panties stuffed in between some rocks out at the Motel 7 where Kennedy was staying. Apparently six other sexual offenders live at the motel.

Very interesting if the Motel 7 is where 6 RSO are living.....

That figures, wouldn't be surprised at all. I'm not in a good mood today at all, with these cases, and I say take them out back and shot them, I'm so fed up with this. There is no reason to have so many SO in a small area, none.

According to the National Sex Offender Database, there are 3 living at that hotel, including Kennedy.  There was someone posting very similar remarks yesterday purporting to be related to the Sheriff and others involved in the investigation.  One rumor seen only in the comments section was that there was a blanket with blood found on it behind the apartment complex.  Perhaps that's what the reporter was asking about.

Actually, I misspoke a bit.  It was a comment on Blink's site.  I've been unable to confirm any reports from any media outlets reporting on this purported "find."

# Comment by Ellen — May 26, 2009 @ 8:26 pm

I just heard that a knife with human blood was recovered from the boyfriend’s tackle box. Also, a bloody blanket was located behind the apartment complex. (This was on the local news). Both are being tested for DNA and results should take approximately 3 days. Part of me prays this is not a match for Neviaeh Amyah Buchanan, but another part of me doesn’t want to see another “Caylee Marie Anthony” drama stretch on for months and months. Why don’t these stories ever have happy endings?

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #543 on: May 27, 2009, 02:08:36 PM »

Still no sign of 5-year-old Nevaeh
BY TAMMY STABLES BATTAGLIA AND ROBIN ERB • FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS • May 27, 2009

Updated at 1:12 p.m.
Despite numerous leads and interviews and dozens of law enforcement officials working around the clock, 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan remains missing.

In a somber news conference today with loved ones standing nearby, FBI agent Andy Arena acknowledged that the odds of finding the Monroe area girl alive dwindle as the hours pass.

“But you never give up hope,” he said. When a child goes missing, he added after the news conference, “there is no tomorrow. You put forward all your resources and you go at it hard.”

Arena said investigators have seized “a number of pieces” of potential evidence since Nevaeh disappeared outside her Macomb Street apartment complex Sunday evening. He would not elaborate on what they were or whom officials have interviewed in the past three days, pointing out that statistics show kidnapping victims typically know their abductors.

“Most abductions are (by) someone who had some type of relationship or experience with the child,” Arena explained during the news conference.

Law enforcement officers and volunteers have been scouring the woods and neighborhoods around the Charlotte Arms apartments on North Macomb in Monroe, looking for Nevaeh – Heaven spelled backward. The Duvall Group has collected more than $2,500 in donations to offer a reward for tips about Nevaeh's disappearance. Donations can be made by calling 800-681-0687.

Monroe County Sheriff’s Office Major Dan Motylinski said officials are searching two Dixie Highway quarries today not because they’ve received tips but to rule them out in their search.

“We’re just going to check them for safety sake,” Motylinski said. “We’re just checking them because they’re the biggest bodies of water around us beside the lake.”

Meanwhile, the FBI's Cincinnati field office is investigating a tip that a girl named Nevaeh, who matched the description of the missing girl, was seen Monday at a shopping mall in Easton, Ohio, not far from Columbus, Special Agent Michael Brooks said Tuesday.

Police have questioned her mother's friend, George Kennedy, who is now in jail under suspicion that he may have violated the terms of his parole as a registered sex offender by being near her, authorities said. They also questioned a man described as a transient before releasing him Monday.

Kennedy, 39, was convicted in March 2002 of fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct and home invasion, according to his Michigan Department of Correction records. Part of his parole agreement includes orders that an adult must be present when he's with a child under the age of 17, and he's not allowed to have a romantic relationship with a person associated with a child.

Kennedy is also forbidden to have children's clothing, toys or games, and he must stay at least 1,000 feet from schools, childcare centers, parks, pools, playgrounds and arcades, records say.

He was sentenced in March 2002 to serve two to 15 years in prison, but was released on parole in July 2007. His parole is scheduled to end in July.

Russ Marlan, spokesman for the Michigan Department of Corrections, said Tuesday afternoon his department was holding Kennedy while it investigates whether he violated the conditions of his probation.

“Basically if someone’s on parole, they can be arrested and held for a period of time, without a bond,” Marlan said, adding that there’s no set time frame on how long the department can keep Kennedy in jail.

Nevaeh's mother denied a love interest in Kennedy, describing him as a friend who calls her every morning -- and befriended Nevaeh.

"He was basically the only male figure in her life because her (expletive) father wanted to disappear," she said. She said he acted like she was joking when she called him to tell her Nevaeh had disappeared. He helped search until investigators took him into custody, she said.

Jennifer said she didn’t want to discuss claims that she met Kennedy at her parole office, while visiting there after a drug problem led to her conviction on a charge of home invasion in the city of Monroe in 2006.

And while her mother, Sherry Buchanan, took over custody of Nevaeh while Jennifer spent 11 months in jail, Jennifer Buchanan said, the promise of a future with her daughter kept her going.

“My daughter, I mostly thought about my daughter,” she said, adding that she, her mother and Nevaeh have lived together ever since. “She was the one that helped me turn around. I cherished every moment I was with her.”

She said she believes she passed a lie detector test she took Monday, calling claims by Nevaeh's father's side of the family that she flunked "just all lies." Then she added that she hadn't slept in 24 hours before taking the test – and Nevaeh’s been fine until now.

"I may be the last person to see her and she was in my care, but she's been in my care," Jennifer said.

Nevaeh's father, Shane Hinojosa, 22, of Toledo, said he hasn't seen his daughter in three years. With his mother and fiancee, he slept in a tent in a grassy area of the apartment complex Monday night, awaiting word about Nevaeh.

"I'm sick to my stomach," said the unemployed landscaper and maintenance worker. "I haven't seen her in so long and this is the way I have to see her -- it hurts so bad."

Nevaeh is 3 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 45 pounds. She was wearing a light blue sleeveless shirt with red and white horizontal stripes and knee-length jeans.

Anyone with information should call the sheriff’s office at 734-243-7070.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090527/NEWS05/905270357/Still+no+sign+of+5-year-old+Nevaeh

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #544 on: May 27, 2009, 02:12:05 PM »

Here is a comment left over on Blink on Crime:

65.Comment by choochoomama — May 27, 2009 @ 9:12 am
An employee of my mother’s was helping with the search yesterday and found a pair of little girl’s panties stuffed in between some rocks out at the Motel 7 where Kennedy was staying. Apparently six other sexual offenders live at the motel.

Very interesting if the Motel 7 is where 6 RSO are living.....

That figures, wouldn't be surprised at all. I'm not in a good mood today at all, with these cases, and I say take them out back and shot them, I'm so fed up with this. There is no reason to have so many SO in a small area, none.

According to the National Sex Offender Database, there are 3 living at that hotel, including Kennedy.  There was someone posting very similar remarks yesterday purporting to be related to the Sheriff and others involved in the investigation.  One rumor seen only in the comments section was that there was a blanket with blood found on it behind the apartment complex.  Perhaps that's what the reporter was asking about.

Thank-you for that, perhaps that is what the reporter was asking about. an angelic monkey
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: May 27, 2009, 02:13:55 PM »

Nevaeh's mother denied a love interest in Kennedy, describing him as a friend who calls her every morning -- and befriended Nevaeh.

"He was basically the only male figure in her life because her (expletive) father wanted to disappear," she said. She said he acted like she was joking when she called him to tell her Nevaeh had disappeared. He helped search until investigators took him into custody, she said.
Isn't that just great 
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #546 on: May 27, 2009, 02:19:40 PM »

Good morning monkeys!

I missed chatting with you all - my computer was in the shop for almost a month (ugh). Am trying to get caught up on everything . . . good to see my fellow monkeys again!

I just noticed on another thread that another monkey uses the same avatar pic as I have been - the monkey all glammed up with makeup & pearls, LOL; when I looked her up, she has been on this site for much longer than I. So I shall find another outfit to wear - see you all shortly!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: May 27, 2009, 02:30:06 PM »

Good morning monkeys!

I missed chatting with you all - my computer was in the shop for almost a month (ugh). Am trying to get caught up on everything . . . good to see my fellow monkeys again!

I just noticed on another thread that another monkey uses the same avatar pic as I have been - the monkey all glammed up with makeup & pearls, LOL; when I looked her up, she has been on this site for much longer than I. So I shall find another outfit to wear - see you all shortly!
You look darn cute, just like you are 
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #548 on: May 27, 2009, 02:36:45 PM »

I have been trying to find out any more about a vehicle. That is quite a distance from his Motel to the apartments. I would think too far to walk. Maybe bus??? Maybe his Brother? Does anyone know brother's name or if he is a RSO? Did the bio mother have means of transportation? Would she pick him up??  Hinky meter just went off big time again.

The pics of Motel shows no cars parked in the slots, which leads me to believe it is probably a place where many RSO's live. Does any monkey in the area know about the bus routes there??
I would imagine that the perp would have to have their own means of transportation.  An angry or upset child on a bus would be very obvious...with her discription out there I am certain that a bus driver would have noticed and reported.  (Surely people are not that self involved to not report)  Now you got me wondering about a vehicle as well...
If it was the SO BF then that would explain the need to wait and call the police a half hour or so later, give him time to get away on foot with the child.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #549 on: May 27, 2009, 02:41:36 PM »

Not sure about anyone else, but I never knew a guy who called me every morning when I woke up that was just a friend.....hell my husband waits until around lunch time to give me a shout!

Jennifer, Cindy Anthony called and she is infuriated that you are trying to out spin her!!

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #550 on: May 27, 2009, 02:48:23 PM »

For those who may not have seen this comment at http://monroenews.com/article/20090527/NEWS01/705279964 regarding the volunteer searches:

Thank you to everyone who did assist in our search lastnight. At this time my agency has been asked to halt forming any further search groups. This does not mean my agency is giving up. I am encouraging everyone to let law Enforcement conduct the investigation at this time. In the event Law enforcement stops efforts my agency will begin to assist the family again and formulate further search groups.

I will do whatever I can to help however Law Enforcement does have priority over the Investigation and search teams.

My agency has started a reward fund, this fund has approx $8,500 dollars in it. ALL TIPS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE MONROE POLICE AT THIS TIME.

Ryan Duvall
Duvall Group Investigatons

http://monroetalks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13727.465

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #551 on: May 27, 2009, 02:49:05 PM »

Not sure about anyone else, but I never knew a guy who called me every morning when I woke up that was just a friend.....hell my husband waits until around lunch time to give me a shout!

Jennifer, Cindy Anthony called and she is infuriated that you are trying to out spin her!!

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #552 on: May 27, 2009, 02:49:58 PM »

Good morning monkeys!

Tams - love the new avi!!!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #553 on: May 27, 2009, 02:50:54 PM »

He called her everyday and befriended Nevaeh....Sounds like he could have been using the mom to get the daughter.
I wonder what he told her he was on the RSO list for? I read comments on the news site that said something about urinating can put you on that list and stating things that are so minor that it leads people to believe All RSO are misunderstood in their intentions. Now the mom was heck arse stupid for allowing him into her life, stupid, stupid, stupid! BUT aren't these SO masters at manipulation? They get to the child by winning the trust of the mom? Seems like they always go for kids from broken homes or kids from troubled backgrounds or neglectful parents? Nevaeh didn't have a male figure in her life. What little girl does not was a dad? I don't know why her own father choose to not be in her life, but there are many fathers who live far away from kids but still call, or visit from time to time. To me it sounds like he didn't' want to deal with it and gave up. No matter what reasons he gives, there are none, he is her father. (off soapbox)

I am just saying, there is so much we don't know. It certainly doesn't look good that the mom was friends with this man, we would never be, thats foresure, But we don't know what he may have said or convinced her of. Isn't this another example of why society needs to be educated on RSO and what a real threat they pose to us and our children?

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #554 on: May 27, 2009, 02:55:19 PM »

For those who may not have seen this comment at http://monroenews.com/article/20090527/NEWS01/705279964 regarding the volunteer searches:

Thank you to everyone who did assist in our search lastnight. At this time my agency has been asked to halt forming any further search groups. This does not mean my agency is giving up. I am encouraging everyone to let law Enforcement conduct the investigation at this time. In the event Law enforcement stops efforts my agency will begin to assist the family again and formulate further search groups.

I will do whatever I can to help however Law Enforcement does have priority over the Investigation and search teams.

My agency has started a reward fund, this fund has approx $8,500 dollars in it. ALL TIPS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE MONROE POLICE AT THIS TIME.

Ryan Duvall
Duvall Group Investigatons

http://monroetalks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13727.465

Why would they be asked to stop searching?  That makes no sense....we are still in the beginning stages of this case, time is not something that is wasted right now.  What is going on????

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #555 on: May 27, 2009, 02:59:56 PM »

He called her everyday and befriended Nevaeh....Sounds like he could have been using the mom to get the daughter.
I wonder what he told her he was on the RSO list for? I read comments on the news site that said something about urinating can put you on that list and stating things that are so minor that it leads people to believe All RSO are misunderstood in their intentions. Now the mom was heck arse stupid for allowing him into her life, stupid, stupid, stupid! BUT aren't these SO masters at manipulation? They get to the child by winning the trust of the mom? Seems like they always go for kids from broken homes or kids from troubled backgrounds or neglectful parents? Nevaeh didn't have a male figure in her life. What little girl does not was a dad? I don't know why her own father choose to not be in her life, but there are many fathers who live far away from kids but still call, or visit from time to time. To me it sounds like he didn't' want to deal with it and gave up. No matter what reasons he gives, there are none, he is her father. (off soapbox)

I am just saying, there is so much we don't know. It certainly doesn't look good that the mom was friends with this man, we would never be, thats foresure, But we don't know what he may have said or convinced her of. Isn't this another example of why society needs to be educated on RSO and what a real threat they pose to us and our children?

I agree with you on all points Tracygirl.  I am sorry though, regardless of what sorts of illusions and tricks this man may or may not have pulled on Jennifer she is stupid for not putting her child first, secondly her mother is just as much to blame.  I do not believe for one second that this grandmother did not have at the very least a hinky meter on overdrive when the man was around.  Sorry, if my daughter would have told me she met a man while in the parole office....damn straight I would forbid her to allow him around my grandchild or around her for that matter.  I dont buy the poo they are trying to sell...I do not understand her reasoning for failing portions of the lie detection test....I do not buy the need to spit it all out in the media other than to CYA.  Nope nope nope!!

Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #556 on: May 27, 2009, 03:00:09 PM »

Click on the YouTube video at this link...

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090526/NEWS02/905269997

She definetly lies about the last time she saw George!!!

Yep..and she hasn't slept or eaten..but look at all the eye makeup she has on...just another slore.
Must not be too worried if she has a steady hand to put all that gunk on her eyes...also must not be too worried about crying.  Sorry, this is ick, just ick!  I compare all parents to Beth Twitty, and I am sorry this Jennifer smells funny!

Dolce..if my child was missing, I wouldn't be talking to reporters, sleeping, eating, showering or brushing my teeth..let alone worry about eye make up.  I'd be like a banshee screaming and I'd be out there walking every place I had ever been with that child...hoping to find one clue that would lead me to her.

Hello Gypsy & Dolce-

Just catching up, and wanted to completely agree with both of you - I had been thinking the same! Has she been seen doing ANYTHING at all to help search for her daughter?!? I'm with both of you - I would be a frantic disheveled mess, organizing everyone I knew, driving & walking every single place I could think of, talking to anyone that crossed my path, etc. etc. etc. And I sure as he** wouldn't be speaking of the child that I was so frantic about in the past tense. Clearly she is uneducated, but has also managed to avoid even conjouring an appearance of maternal instinct. Every attempted sentence that comes out of her mouth proves her to be unfit to have custody of ANY child and further implicates her illicit knowledge/involvement with this case.

. . . Need to find another term for absolutely disgusted. Geez.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #557 on: May 27, 2009, 03:00:22 PM »

In my own opinion, I think the details of the crime should be included on the registry for all RSO's.  These people can make up any story they want! 

Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #558 on: May 27, 2009, 03:03:56 PM »

Good morning monkeys!

You look darn cute, just like you are 

Thanks Rosie & Leroy! Nice to 'see' you again!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #559 on: May 27, 2009, 03:09:55 PM »

In my own opinion, I think the details of the crime should be included on the registry for all RSO's.  These people can make up any story they want! 
I agree with that fully.  They should be made to wear the equivellant to a scarlet letter. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.