March 28, 2024, 06:07:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevaeh Amyah Buchanan 5 Michigan, Missing-Last seen 5/24/09 #1 (BODY FOUND)  (Read 628675 times)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1680 on: June 05, 2009, 10:48:00 AM »

Autopsy being performed on body of young girl http://twurl.nl/66me2x

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1681 on: June 05, 2009, 10:49:12 AM »

Is it Nevaeh? Fisherman Find Child's Body Encased in Cement
Police Have Named Sex Offenders Persons of Interest in 5-Year-Old's Disappearance
June 5, 2009

Police are trying to determine whether a body found encased in cement in a shallow grave near Michigan's River Raisin is that of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan.  The little girl's family has said they believe the body is Nevaeh's, but her grandmother, Sherry Buchanan, told ABC affiliate WXYZ said she refuses to believe it until she's got proof.

"Until they have DNA testing through [Neveah's mother] and match the blood type and eveything and make sure ... I'm just holding onto that thought in my heart," she said.

Buchanan told WXYZ that he had asked police for a picture of the body, but her request was denied.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7764316&page=1
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1682 on: June 05, 2009, 10:49:24 AM »

'Perp is still out in community'  from presser.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1683 on: June 05, 2009, 10:50:50 AM »

Article cont'd:

Nevaeh's family members told the Detroit affiliate that they are even more suspicious now of George Kennedy, a 39-year-old registered sex offender and friend of Nevaeh's mother, who has been named a person of interest by Monroe County police.

Kennedy, who is jailed on probation violations for simply being associated with a child, works with cement in the area where the body was found, according to the family's statements to WXYZ.

Whoever the killer is, Sherry Buchanan told the station, "I hope they give him everything that's got coming to him."

"I told the officer I said 'You're not going to be able to protect him,'" she said. "I said 'One way or another, I said, I am going to get to him."

Neveah, which is heaven spelled backwards, disappeared May 24 from a parking lot near the Monroe, Mich., apartment complex where she lived with her mother, Jennifer Buchanan.

Who Kidnapped Nevaeh?
In addition to Kennedy, police have also named a second person of interest in the case, another sex offender who knew Jennifer Buchanan. That man, Roy Lee Smith, 48, was released from prison last year after serving 15 years for multiple criminal sexual misconduct convictions, according to the Michigan Department of Corrections Web site. Other convictions include mulitple counts of larceny.

He, too, was jailed for probation violations.

When asked if Buchanan herself was a person of interest, Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield replied "no comment," according to ABC affiliate WXYZ.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7764316&page=2
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1684 on: June 05, 2009, 10:51:14 AM »

3:00 PM were called to the scene.
Investigators arrived, FBI recovery team requested. Scene was processed. Body of a small child was recovered. Body in appearance, seems to be of the same age, size and sex of Nevaeh. Reasonable suspect that this is Nevaeh. Autopsy being performed this morning. All evidence recovered and autopsy will be submitted to the crime lab for processing.
HLN Cuts off. Bastards.
Thanks. What I want to say, I hope it comes out right. I'm furious, I'm furious because where is the outrage, the outrage by people in government, there is plenty of outrage when these horrific events happen time and time again by us average Joes. That's not good enough for me. The only way, I see things changing in this country to me is simple. If a child or grandchild of a very well known politician, was taken, raped and murdered, you can bet your life there would be change about SO's in this country. But since these horrific events are happening to average citizens, I guess it doesn't matter. I certainly am not suggesting or even wanting something like that to happen to a politician, or famous actor/actress, I'm just meaning there would be change, and boy would there be outrage. I'm sick over all the injustice I see.

Rosie...I have thought/felt this very same thing for years...! hubby and I have talked about it many times...the total injustice of it all...Funny how the movie stars <<not picking on them, just comes to mind>>> always take up a cause such as aids, diseases that are affecting them....etc...when they come in contact with it personally...these movie stars have the money, the contacts and the star power to make changes...more than you or I would have...why do they not take up a cause like missing children? does it have to happen in their family for it to make them spring into action..?
and don't even get me started on our lawmakers!!!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1685 on: June 05, 2009, 10:52:03 AM »

WTH is that supposed to mean?  The perp is currently wearing  a new suit and gets three hots and a cot?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1686 on: June 05, 2009, 10:52:16 AM »

Community somber as news of body spreads
Volunteers gather for vigil outside Nevaeh's home

Firefighters from area departments had mobilized early Thursday afternoon, hoping to reinvigorate the nearly two-week search for Nevaeh Buchanan.

But by the time those firemen assembled, two fishermen had apparently already made the discovery on the River Raisin, about a half hour northwest of Monroe, where the girl was last seen.

News of the discovery sent volunteers back to the Monroe apartment complex, where they held a candlelight vigil and nervously awaited news about the identity.

By 7 p.m., a medical examiner's truck had arrived at the barricaded scene in Raisinville Township. By 9 p.m., somber word that Nevaeh had been found was spreading throughout the area.

Neveah's mother, Jennifer Buchanan, and other family members were holed up in the apartment awaiting word. Police had told them they were 99% sure the body was the little girl's.

Still, as of late Thursday, police had not confirmed the body belonged to Nevaeh. Her grandmother Sherry Buchanan said police were doing DNA testing.

"I'm not giving up any hope until I see the body," she said.

But the Rev. Dale Hayford, senior pastor of Monroe Crosswalk Community Church, said the family had braced themselves for the worst. Police told him the body was clothed in garments similar to what Nevaeh was wearing when she went missing.

"They've pretty well accepted it," he said.

Meanwhile, Guy Bickley, 52, recounted the moment he and his father found the body about 12 miles away from the complex.

Bickley said he felt the ground beneath him give way and knew something was wrong.
He stepped back and realized that he wasn't sitting on normal riverfront soil. Rather, it was haphazardly laid concrete. And it was crumbling apart.

Then he saw what he thought was human flesh.

"To me, it looked like two-thirds of a little back," Bickley told the Free Press late Thursday when he returned to his Frenchtown Township home after spending the day describing his grisly find to police.

Bickley and his father, Lowell Kirk, 72, of Tennessee, decided to fish along Dixon Road, west of Sullivan, because it was too chilly to head out farther.

They'd barely settled in when they noticed the earth "wasn't right."

Bickley said it looked as though someone dug a hole, then poured a bag of concrete mix on top of the body. The men called 911 but had to wait two hours before anyone arrived. They spent much of the day at the sheriff's office filing reports.

Bickley said police wouldn't confirm to them that the body belonged to the missing girl.

"I hope to God it isn't her," Bickley said.

But the body likely belongs to Nevaeh, said officers near the Raisinville Township spot where Bickley and his father stopped to go fishing.

Nevaeh disappeared May 24 from outside her apartment complex. No one has been arrested in her disappearance.

But the mystery of her whereabouts seemed to be answered Thursday.

As he grappled with the news that his little cousin may be dead, Shaun Lawson made a plea to the volunteers who had spent the last two weeks looking for her. He told them to keep close watch on their children.

"Never veer off," he said. "Never take your eyes off them for a second."

He and other family members addressed the crowd of nearly 150, some of whom held candles. Many wore yellow ribbons.

Julie Churchill, 46, of Monroe was one of the volunteers.

"I was hoping they'd find her alive," the mother of three and grandmother of one said. "It breaks my heart someone could do that. She was just a baby. She was innocent."

She said Nevaeh's disappearance has driven home the point that people must always watch out for their kids.

Since her disappearance, police have zeroed in on a few men with histories of sex assault convictions, but no one has been charged in the case, and leads are dwindling.

One man, George Kennedy, 39, told an Ohio newspaper this week that he had nothing to do with the girl's disappearance. In fact, he told the Toledo Blade, he helped the girl's mother search for Nevaeh.

Police said early this week a $20,000 reward would be given to anyone who had information that led them to the girl. Bickley said Thursday nobody had mentioned a reward to him.

"Money aside, I'd rather it wasn't her," he said. "I I'd rather she be alive."

http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS05/906050389/1007/NEWS/Community+somber+as+news+of+body+spreads

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1687 on: June 05, 2009, 10:53:09 AM »

--snip--

When asked if Buchanan herself was a person of interest, Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield replied "no comment," according to ABC affiliate WXYZ.

A simple "no" would suffice if she was not...why add the suspicion by not giving a "no" unless she is??

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1688 on: June 05, 2009, 10:54:01 AM »

Article cont'd:

Nevaeh's family members told the Detroit affiliate that they are even more suspicious now of George Kennedy, a 39-year-old registered sex offender and friend of Nevaeh's mother, who has been named a person of interest by Monroe County police.

Kennedy, who is jailed on probation violations for simply being associated with a child, works with cement in the area where the body was found, according to the family's statements to WXYZ.

Whoever the killer is, Sherry Buchanan told the station, "I hope they give him everything that's got coming to him."

"I told the officer I said 'You're not going to be able to protect him,'" she said. "I said 'One way or another, I said, I am going to get to him."

Neveah, which is heaven spelled backwards, disappeared May 24 from a parking lot near the Monroe, Mich., apartment complex where she lived with her mother, Jennifer Buchanan.

Who Kidnapped Nevaeh?
In addition to Kennedy, police have also named a second person of interest in the case, another sex offender who knew Jennifer Buchanan. That man, Roy Lee Smith, 48, was released from prison last year after serving 15 years for multiple criminal sexual misconduct convictions, according to the Michigan Department of Corrections Web site. Other convictions include mulitple counts of larceny.

He, too, was jailed for probation violations.

hmmmmm...wonder if Sherry will place any of the blame on her own self and her own daughter if the murderer turns out to be Kennedy or the other SO friend?  even if it wasn't one of these 2 So's, she and her daughter were both playing russian roulette with Neveah in allowing these pervs to be around her,,,even for 15% of the time
a little late Sherry...

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1689 on: June 05, 2009, 10:54:38 AM »

'Reasonable suspicion' body is Nevaeh, sheriff says

Updated at 10:48 a.m.
Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said today authorities have “reasonable suspicion” to believe the body recovered along the River Raisin in Raisinville Township is that of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan.

Crutchfield said there were no outward signs of trauma on the body. He said a shirt like that worn by Nevaeh when she disappeared was found at the scene.

"Preliminary indication is that the body had been there for a while," he said.

The sheriff often declined comment on many questions at this morning's news conference and was guarded with much information about the investigation.

Asked whether the property owned by Monroe County along the River Raisin where the body was found was an area that searchers had combed previously, Crutchfield said it had not.

He noted that Monroe County is about 640 square miles and it would have been impossible in 10 days for authorities to search the entire county.

Evidence technicians will return to the scene along River Raisin today along with divers to look for evidence.

Dixon Road near Sullivan Road is closed near the area of the investigation. Crutchfield said the waterway and the airspace around the scene was also secured.

Asked whether there are any suspects, Crutchfield responded that authorities continue to investigate all tips.

“Hopefully this scene after it is analyzed will provide us with additional information that will lead us to the perpetrator,” Crutchfield said.

Family members said they were told Thursday night the body likely belonged to Nevaeh, who was last seen May 24 playing on her scooter outside her residence in the Colonial Arms Apartments off North Macomb Street in Monroe.

The Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office, which received the body overnight, expects to complete an autopsy by noon today, a spokesman said this morning.

Two fishermen discovered the body while fishing along a bend of the
river on Dixon Road, west of Sullivan Road, about 12 miles and a half-hour from the apartment complex.

Guy Bickley, 52, and his father, Lowell Kirk of Tennessee, told the Free Press on Thursday that they'd been standing atop concrete while fishing and it seemed to be crumbling away. They pushed at it, then saw human flesh.

Nevaeh's uncle, Mike Buchanan of Newport, arrived at his sister's Monroe apartment complex at about 10 a.m. today, still grasping "that 1% chance it still might not be" Nevaeh's body. He said Nevaeh's mother, Jennifer Buchanan, who remains in seclusion, is understandably devastated.

"She can't believe her daughter had to go through this," he said.

Mike Buchanan said he wasn't sure if the family planned to travel to Detroit to see if the body there is Nevaeh's.

"If it is, we do have some type of closure, even if it is for the worst," her uncle said. Grateful to the two fishermen who made the discovery, Mike Buchanan hurts for them, too. "I feel sorry for them," he said.

Mike Buchanan paused for composure, his face reddening, when asked about those responsible.

"I hope they get the most punishment possible - no matter who it is."

Anger percolated from the Buchanan's cousin, Shaun Lawson, who asked those gathered if allegations his little cousin was found entombed in concrete was true.

"If she was, it would have to be one of the most sickest individuals across this nation," Lawson said. "She didn't deserve to die. She didn't deserve to be kidnapped. And you're still walking these streets. I hope you get what's coming to you -- and you will."

Hundreds of volunteers had searched for Nevaeh daily, marking off with
black marker areas they'd covered on a tattered map.

Three men, each with sexual assault backgrounds, have been
questioned. At least one has been eliminated as a person of
interest; no one has been arrested in the disappearance and apparent death.

Late Thursday, police wouldn't confirm their find to the media, but
rather announced a morning news conference.

Come back to freep.com throughout the day for updates on this
developing story.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS05/90605028/1007

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1690 on: June 05, 2009, 10:54:51 AM »

Notes from the presser:

Tip came in around 3 yesterday from the fisherman.  Police arrived and found what they believed to be a body.  FBI evidence examiners called in and confirmed.  The body was found in a shallow grave on the river bank.  There was a "material present like cement," but Sheriff would not comment on how much or whether the body was "encased" in it as some media reported.

Sheriff believes the body had been there for "awhile."  The Cause of Death will be determined by the ME.  However, he indicated that the body showed no visible signs of abuse.  The only clothing they apparently recovered was a shirt that was similar in nature to the one that Nevaeh was wearing at the time she went missing. (I think this really answers the question of whether the body was "encased" in cement as a "no."  Based on what I read, I believe the body was buried and covered.  I think this was a hurry-up job.  Someone panicked.  There will be evidence.)

Sheriff would not comment on suspects or Persons of Interest (saying, "In my mind, that term is overused.")  Said JB is still cooperating, but would say nothing more. He felt very confident that the evidence they collected will lead to more leads.

When asked if the 100 person task force would remain in place, the Sheriff said he and the force was dedicated to providing whatever resources are needed, as long as they are needed, to apprehend the perp.

When asked if they had any leads on a perp, he would not comment.  But he said the area has been secured by land, water and air, and that they will be returning to the site to continue evidence collection.  He said that since the body has been recovered, they can focus on finding the perp now.  I read his voice and body language to suggest a very high degree of confidence that the perp will be apprehended, and sooner rather than later.  And I believe that.

That's all I can remember.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1691 on: June 05, 2009, 10:57:13 AM »

wtf!!! it took the police 2 hours to get to the scene??? what!!!!!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1692 on: June 05, 2009, 10:58:19 AM »

3:00 PM were called to the scene.
Investigators arrived, FBI recovery team requested. Scene was processed. Body of a small child was recovered. Body in appearance, seems to be of the same age, size and sex of Nevaeh. Reasonable suspect that this is Nevaeh. Autopsy being performed this morning. All evidence recovered and autopsy will be submitted to the crime lab for processing.
HLN Cuts off. Bastards.
Thanks. What I want to say, I hope it comes out right. I'm furious, I'm furious because where is the outrage, the outrage by people in government, there is plenty of outrage when these horrific events happen time and time again by us average Joes. That's not good enough for me. The only way, I see things changing in this country to me is simple. If a child or grandchild of a very well known politician, was taken, raped and murdered, you can bet your life there would be change about SO's in this country. But since these horrific events are happening to average citizens, I guess it doesn't matter. I certainly am not suggesting or even wanting something like that to happen to a politician, or famous actor/actress, I'm just meaning there would be change, and boy would there be outrage. I'm sick over all the injustice I see.

Rosie...I have thought/felt this very same thing for years...! hubby and I have talked about it many times...the total injustice of it all...Funny how the movie stars <<not picking on them, just comes to mind>>> always take up a cause such as aids, diseases that are affecting them....etc...when they come in contact with it personally...these movie stars have the money, the contacts and the star power to make changes...more than you or I would have...why do they not take up a cause like missing children? does it have to happen in their family for it to make them spring into action..?
and don't even get me started on our lawmakers!!!
I'm not good with words, especially when I'm worked up, I was afraid I said the wrong thing, thanks. It is beyond frustrating. 
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1693 on: June 05, 2009, 10:58:36 AM »

WTH is that supposed to mean?  The perp is currently wearing  a new suit and gets three hots and a cot?
To me it says that Jennifer is still in her apartment.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1694 on: June 05, 2009, 10:59:20 AM »

JessStar - thank you for the updates

No Rose - my WTH comment was meant toward the person who reported it not you.  Please know I was not upset with you you are such a sweet monkey that I feel really bad you may have taken that the wrong way.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1695 on: June 05, 2009, 10:59:20 AM »

<snipped>

<snipped>

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1696 on: June 05, 2009, 11:00:37 AM »

Thanks for all the updates  an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1697 on: June 05, 2009, 11:02:13 AM »

Mike Buchanan paused for composure, his face reddening, when asked about those responsible.

"I hope they get the most punishment possible - no matter who it is."

Does brother know more than he can contain by his body language?

JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1698 on: June 05, 2009, 11:03:14 AM »

'Reasonable suspicion' body is Nevaeh, sheriff says

Guy Bickley, 52, and his father, Lowell Kirk of Tennessee, told the Free Press on Thursday that they'd been standing atop concrete while fishing and it seemed to be crumbling away. They pushed at it, then saw human flesh.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS05/90605028/1007

This differs dramatically from what the guy's 15 year old son told the AP:

Ryan Bickley, 15, told The Associated Press that his father, Guy Bickley, 51, discovered the body encased in cement Thursday morning while fishing the River Raisin.

The teen said his father and grandfather were fishing from shore when Guy Bickley spotted a block of poured cement and noticed a bad aroma that he likened to a decomposing body. He said as his father moved closer to the cement block, the smell "overwhelmed them."

His father then chipped away a piece of the cement, revealing what appeared to be human skin. The men immediately called police.

http://news.aol.com/article/nevaeh-buchanan-missing/501280

Something is fishy here.  I feel it in my gut. 

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1699 on: June 05, 2009, 11:03:24 AM »

<snipped>

<snipped>

Ok, sorry, but NO ONE IS THIS STUPID!!! 

1. He is a registered SO
2. He was/is on probation
3. He works with cement
4. Body found less than 20 mins from home

OK....sounds like a set up to me by someone really wanting to pin this down on Kennedy.  Jennifer................no one would be dumb enough to make this that obvious, I mean come on this is ridiculous now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.