April 26, 2024, 02:08:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Government Billions for Green Jobs, Training - For Americans? Others?  (Read 1651 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 26, 2009, 08:20:45 AM »

Government to Announce Billions for Green Jobs, Training - For Americans?  Excluding American Citizens and those here legally?

WASHINGTON -- Some $4 billion from President Obama's $787 billion economic stimulus plan that was budgeted to renovate public housing will be spent to create so-called "green jobs" by making the dwellings more energy efficient.

Housing Secretary Shaun Donovan should make the announcement Tuesday in Denver at a meeting of Obama's Middle Class Task Force.

Labor Secretary Hilda Solis, another task force member, also will announce that $500 million from the stimulus is becoming available to train workers for these jobs. That sum includes $50 million for communities battered by job losses and restructuring in the auto industry.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/25/government-set-announce-billions-green-jobs-training/?test=latestnews

Will those receiving the money be required to show authorization to work using E-Verify?

Or, will the jobs be targeted for those here illegally and ineligible for work?

I don't see any that suggests the jobs are meant for Americans.  Will the money go to support foreign workers?

For some reason, all the enhancement, improvement, and spending seems to push American jobs overseas, stimulate other nations, or hire those here illegally.

When will the government work for Americans and those here legally?  When will government insist that all those receiving stimulus or government money use E-verify?

E-Verify may not be perfect.  Barack said the budget wasn't perfect but we needed to go ahead anyway.  E-Verify isn't perfect, but I've read that it is highly successful when it is used.  Why don't we go ahead anyway? 

Will any system be perfect?

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 08:44:55 AM »

What happens to the middle class when the money runs out?  Where are the real jobs?  The jobs building America? 

If energy independence is a worthy goal, why not put the nation on course for freedom from ALL imports?  Support your own business?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.