April 27, 2024, 02:12:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #134 5/29/09 - 6/03/09  (Read 240135 times)
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #660 on: June 01, 2009, 12:58:10 PM »

Hello Monkeys

Who is Lyons publisher?
Thanks so much

Monkey hugs

From her website:

Coming in January 2010 by Kaplan Publishing!

"Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer",  the story of the first woman in the nation to serve as lead attorney on a death penalty case. This book follows the development of a new kind of defense attorney. Read a firsthand account of her fight - not only for the lives of her clients - but also for her rightful place in the courtroom.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: June 01, 2009, 01:00:13 PM »

Hello Monkeys

Who is Lyons publisher?
Thanks so much

Monkey hugs

Coming in January 2010 by Kaplan Publishing
"Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer"

Kaplan Publishing emails:

Editorial Inquireies - KaplanEditorial@kaplan.com
Publicity - tim.brazier@kaplan.com
Sales Inquiries - yuliab@kaplan.com

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #662 on: June 01, 2009, 01:03:29 PM »

Hello Monkeys

Who is Lyons publisher?
Thanks so much

Monkey hugs

Hmmm looks like it's time to start emailing and boycotting!!!   Monkey Devil!

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #663 on: June 01, 2009, 01:05:32 PM »

Hello Monkeys

Who is Lyons publisher?
Thanks so much

Monkey hugs

From her website:

"Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer",  the story of the first woman in the nation to serve as lead attorney on a death penalty case. This book follows the development of a new kind of defense attorney. Read a firsthand account of her fight - not only for the lives of her clients - but also for her rightful place in the courtroom.

It is going to be fun to watch what Lyons is going to do. With all this backlash that Lyons is getting the publisher is going to be shaking in their boots about sales of the new book. If the outrage is loud enough, Lyons will be gone, she wants to sell this book, and doesn't want anything to interrupt that. Do I sense an email campaign 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: June 01, 2009, 01:06:34 PM »

Missiontoconvict  looks like we are on the same page 
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #665 on: June 01, 2009, 01:07:59 PM »

NoRose LOL I was just going to post the same exact thing.    Monkey Devil!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: June 01, 2009, 01:08:37 PM »

SEEME!! 

Where is the widerbeast??? Is she the one that pulls the gypsy wagon??!!!

Where is the wilderbeast? No matter what character George is dressed up as, he always looks so pathetic 
Looks like the Anthony's attorney knew something we didn't for once. On LKL they asked him about the sticker evidence being linked back to the house, and he called it nonsense and media gossip...unfortunately he was right, no sticker residue on the duct tape..Sad

Did I miss something? Last I heard was from the Jan doc dump and the FBI lab had said there was residue. What's up?

No you are correct.  Jan doc dump - A medical examiner had to cut the child's brown hair to remove the tape, and when the FBI took a close look, it found adhesive residue in the shape of a heart, according to court documents released Wednesday.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey2209jan22,0,328972.story
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: June 01, 2009, 01:08:55 PM »

NoRose LOL I was just going to post the same exact thing.    Monkey Devil!
  Monkey Devil!   Here goes the emailing 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #668 on: June 01, 2009, 01:10:28 PM »

Hello Monkeys

Who is Lyons publisher?
Thanks so much

Monkey hugs

From her website:

It is going to be fun to watch what Lyons is going to do. With all this backlash that Lyons is getting the publisher is going to be shaking in their boots about sales of the new book. If the outrage is loud enough, Lyons will be gone, she wants to sell this book, and doesn't want anything to interrupt that. Do I sense an email campaign 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: June 01, 2009, 01:11:37 PM »

Good morning Monkeys!   an angelic monkey

I'm glad I didn't see Whorealdo until this morning.  I couln't have taken seeing him before I went to sleep! 

I checked AL's website this morning, all excited & ready to read all the comments.  NADA, NOTHING, ZILCH, ZERO!  And she changed her post:

http://www.andrealyon.com/blog/

"I thought this would be a good time for me to post some important observations.
May 31st, 2009 
1        I have dedicated my professional life to the principle that every person, no matter how they appear is entitled to a fair trial.  That includes a vigorous defense by skilled counsel.

2        One of my fears is that somewhere in my neighborhood or on my watch, an innocent person might be condemned.

3        Neither of these principles is inconsistent with having compassion and concern for victims.

4        This site is constructed in part to discuss these issues in an open and honest way.  However, we will not post on this cite any personal attacks and threats will be reported to the appropriate authorities."

Anyway, so much for that!  Guess I'll just do my doc dump dance.

Hey ya monkeys, just getting in the cage & catching up - 2 pages to go to present but here are my first comments of the day:

Tsk Tsk, apparently Ms. Angel of Death Row must not have appreciated my post yesterday - glad I posted it here where it will be archived.     My post was regarding #1  & #2 so apparently the big bad beast was intimadated by the truth, she cant handle the truth.    No worries, she cannot continue to conceal her conduct - what is eating her is her conduct in Mr. Logan's case & her comments regarding ignoring the facts of a case to further her cause will be exposed.

CBB, great post, as you may have read earlier yesterday Lyons' conduct in Mr. Logan's case had me reeling all day, still is.  The point of fact that makes it even more reprehensible is that Lyons was NOT and I repeat NOT an attorney representing Mr. Wilson on record, she wrote a motion for the 2 attorneys that did represent Mr. Wilson & was NOT in their employ but with the Public Defenders Homicide Task Force Office.   Their "ethics" are extremely questionable not only morally but legally despite what they say as to why they concealed the truth about an innocent man & the guilt of Mr. Wilson until he died 26 years later.

GOLDEN OLDIE, no the defense cannot delay indefinitely.  They will receive a fair amount of continuances/delays but the judge will throw down the gavel when appropriate and say enough is enough & set a date for trial.

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #670 on: June 01, 2009, 01:13:25 PM »

SEEME!! 

Where is the wilderbeast? No matter what character George is dressed up as, he always looks so pathetic 
Looks like the Anthony's attorney knew something we didn't for once. On LKL they asked him about the sticker evidence being linked back to the house, and he called it nonsense and media gossip...unfortunately he was right, no sticker residue on the duct tape..Sad

Did I miss something? Last I heard was from the Jan doc dump and the FBI lab had said there was residue. What's up?

No you are correct.  Jan doc dump - A medical examiner had to cut the child's brown hair to remove the tape, and when the FBI took a close look, it found adhesive residue in the shape of a heart, according to court documents released Wednesday.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey2209jan22,0,328972.story

Thank you NR. I was starting to feel more senile than I really am. I did hear BC say that on the LKL interview but he had nothing to back it up with so I blew it off . I have caught him in lies more than once. Once again like attracts like is proven to be a very true adage.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: June 01, 2009, 01:23:09 PM »

I know this is old, but it is interesting in that they focus on educational books nad are owned by the Washington Post.:

Kaplan Announces the Creation of Kaplan Publishing;

New Unit to Combine Company’s Book Businesses

New York, Oct. 17, 2005 – Kaplan today announced the formation of Kaplan Publishing, a new unit that will focus on both education and business trade publications.  The new unit will combine Kaplan’s existing business trade publishing operation with its test prep trade publishing operation, which was previously part of a joint imprint with Simon & Schuster.

“Over the past decade, Kaplan has grown from a small test prep company into a diverse, international education provider,” said Jonathan Grayer, Chairman and CEO of Kaplan.  “The creation of this new entity positions us well for the future.  Our relationship with Simon & Schuster has been a long and fruitful one, and we look forward to continued collaboration.”

Simon & Schuster will continue to provide back office functions and order fulfillment for Kaplan Publishing’s test prep publishing side.

Roy Lipner will head the new Kaplan Publishing unit.  Lipner has served as president of Kaplan’s existing business publishing operation, Dearborn Publishing, since 2003 and will continue to lead this operation.

Kaplan Publishing’s two divisions will be run by Maureen McMahon and Cynthia Zigmund.  McMahon will be publisher and vice president for the test prep side of the new Kaplan Publishing unit.  She previously served as publisher and vice president for the Kaplan/Simon & Schuster joint imprint. Zigmund will continue to serve as publisher and vice president for the business trade side for the new Kaplan Publishing unit.

The current business trade publishing unit produces approximately 70 books a year on general business, sales and marketing, real estate and finance.  Recent titles include “The Radical Leap” by Steve Farber (2004).  Kaplan’s current education trade publishing business, under the joint imprint with Simon & Schuster, is one of the nation’s leading publishers of test prep titles.  It produces approximately 100 books a year on test preparation, admissions, and academic and professional development and success.  Recent publications include “Inside the SAT: 10 Strategies to Help You Score Higher” (2005).

Kaplan Publishing’s combined front and backlist will include approximately 550 titles.  The business will have offices in Chicago and New York.

About Kaplan, Inc.
Kaplan, Inc. is a leading provider of educational and career services for individuals, schools and businesses.  Kaplan is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Washington Post Company (NYSE: WPO). For more information about Kaplan, please visit www.kaplan.com.

Press Contacts:

Dick Riley

(212) 492-5854

dick_riley@kaplan.com

Michele Snipe

(212) 492-5941

michele_snipe@kaplan.com

http://www.kaplan.com/aboutkaplan/pressreleases/archive/2005/Oct-17-KaplanPublishing.htm

Kaplan Chairman and CEO Jonathan Grayer Announces Resignation; Kaplan President Andrew Rosen Appointed Chairman and CEO

NEW YORK, 19 November, 2008 - Kaplan’s longtime chairman and chief executive officer Jonathan Grayer today announced that he plans to resign his position. Donald E. Graham, chairman and chief executive officer of The Washington Post Company (NYSE:WPO - News), announced that Kaplan president Andrew S. Rosen, who has also served as chief executive officer of Kaplan Higher Education, has been named the new chairman and chief executive officer of Kaplan.

http://www.kaplan.com/aboutkaplan/pressreleases/archive/2008/Kaplan+Chairman+and+CEO+Jonathan+Grayer+Announces+Resignation.htm

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: June 01, 2009, 01:23:31 PM »

Hello Monkeys

Who is Lyons publisher?
Thanks so much

Monkey hugs

That is exactly what I said yesterday & did -- monkey mission commence!  Be sure to provide the links I posted regarding Mr. Logan's case so that they cannot argue against the TRUTH!

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #673 on: June 01, 2009, 01:25:59 PM »

Hello Monkeys

Who is Lyons publisher?
Thanks so much

Monkey hugs

That is exactly what I said yesterday & did -- monkey mission commence!  Be sure to provide the links I posted regarding Mr. Logan's case so that they cannot argue against the TRUTH!

Very good idea Capp!!

Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #674 on: June 01, 2009, 01:28:58 PM »

Thanks so much monkeys for the publisher information

I'm starting to write how about it you monkeys in

Monkey hugs

"Always be a first-rate version of yurself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else" Judy Garland
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: June 01, 2009, 01:29:02 PM »

"Tim Brazier" <Tim.Brazier@kaplan.com>             
Add sender to Contacts
To:
XXXXXX                                                    Monday, June 1, 2009 12:17 PM

I will be back in the office on Monday  June 8th.   I will have limited access to  email and only be able to respond to time sensitive matters. If you have a media request regarding Dr. Siemionow please contact: Jessica Jonop jessica@jonap.com. If this is urgent then contact Angie Kiska from the Cleveland Clinic at kiskaa@ccf.org   If you need immediate attention  for other books/authors  please contact: rachel.racanelli@kaplan.com Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you when I'm back in the office.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #676 on: June 01, 2009, 01:31:21 PM »

SEEME!! 

See, just lies, lies and more lies from the defense camp. And was it not in Hoover's depo and interview that MICHELLE BART was indeed at the RITZ, and that Baez had a conversation with her???? I'd believe Hoover and D Casey before I would believe M Bart!

I have been rushing around doing some quick cleaning. My usual prompt responses from my e-mail contacts have been uncharacteristically quiet today.  Sumthin's up!!! I feel it in me bones! 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: June 01, 2009, 01:35:00 PM »

I feel something is up also Fanny, I feel it in the pit of my stomach.
Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #678 on: June 01, 2009, 01:35:23 PM »

Is there a list of places where Lyons is going to go to promot and have a book signing on her book tour.

Monkey hugs

"Always be a first-rate version of yurself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else" Judy Garland
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: June 01, 2009, 01:38:20 PM »

Ms. Andrea Lyons WAS NOT A LAWYER ON RECORD and could have ethically and legally done somethign to set this man free where he belonged for all of those 26 years he spent in jail.

He Deserves A Break Today: Alton Logan's Conviction Called Into Question After Secret Affidavit Is Revealed

<snipped>
In 1982, now 54 year-old Alton Logan was arrested for the murder of a security guard at a McDonald's in a robbery gone wrong.  Witnesses identified Logan along with Edgar Hope as the two perpetrators of the crime.  A few days later, however, while police were hunting down brothers Andrew and Jackie Wilson for an unrelated murder of two officers, a raid on Andrew's suspected hiding place unearthed a shotgun that tested positive as the gun used in the McDonald's shooting.  However, because there were allegedly only two perpetrators in the McDonald's robbery/shooting, and because the police already had two suspects in custody, charges were never filed against Andrew Wilson in that case.

When Andrew Wilson died last November, public defenders Dale Coventry and Jamie Kunz, who represented Wilson, came forward with a shocking revelation.  They claimed that back in the early '80s, Hope told them that Logan had nothing to do with the McDonald's shooting and that Wilson was the shooter, which led them to confront Wilson, who admitted that he, not Logan, was the trigger man in that shooting.  Wilson agreed to allow Coventry and Kunz to prepare a notarized affidavit of his confession, which he signed and indicated could only be revealed after his death.  The public defenders abided by Wilson's words pursuant to the attorney-client privilege, with the affidavit sitting in a metal box in Coventry's office ever since.  That box was finally opened after Wilson's death, and Assistant Cook County Public Defender Harold Winston, who is currently representing Logan, has moved for a new trial based upon the affidavit.

http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/evidenceprof/2008/01/in-1982-now-54.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.