April 27, 2024, 03:23:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #134 5/29/09 - 6/03/09  (Read 240151 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #700 on: June 01, 2009, 02:33:43 PM »

Check it out, I just let off some steam on Lyons website...hehe http://www.andrealyon.com/blog/?p=78#comment-53

Ill put it here too because I dont expect it to stay there

No Responses to “Casey Anthony”

1. Paula Anonymous Says: Your comment is awaiting moderation.
      May 31st, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Dear Ms Angel of Death Row:

Please explain to the public why your obsession with opposing the death penalty trumphs sending an innocent man to jail for life & only by the grace of God the real killer died was that man’s opportunity to gain freedom after 26 years in prison due to you, Coventry & Kunz. SHAME ON YOU!
      http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/06/60minutes/main3914719.shtml

http://www.wrongfulconvictionlawsuitdefense.com/2009/04/articles/news/alton-logan-given-certificate-of-innocence/
      http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24083675/
      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rob-warden/charges-dropped-against-a_b_124055.html
      http://depaullaw.typepad.com/library/2008/03/60-minutes-segm.html

While you are at it you might want to address the timing of you inserting yourself into Casey Anthony’s case. How convenient you are selling your book & using this trial to further your agenda. You stated that you plan on delaying this trial by months just to write a paper on why YOU feel it is not a death penalty case, well the public is not naive the criteria is met, we read the Florida statutes - for such a scholar would you like to explain why it would take you months to write a bunch of bunk & bull? It is laughable that you want to point fingers at prosecutors yet YOU contributed to sending an innocent man to prison with direct knowledge of the real killer! When are you ever going to be concerned about victims over the monsters you represent? SHAME ON YOU!

PS Most of America doesn’t buy into you and your sisters bleeding heart way far afield thoughts on excusing heinous crimes for every single adversity an individual faces in life…if they know the difference from right and wrong & are aware of their surroundings they have no right harming others in society & should be held accountable for their crimes. Sexual predators are NOT curable & they will repeat offend, fact. I don’t know how either of you lay your heads down on a pillow at night in good conscious. Don’t think for one minute you will get thank you’s from the general public at large for recklessly putting us at risk championing sexual predators and murderers, again SHAME ON YOU!

Use these links when writing about the atrocity of injustice Lyons willingly participated in regarding Mr. Logan's case.    Her comments regarding her defense with a defendant she hated yet still defended him should also be included - her father referenced she was blooded from that point on...more like her morals were slaughtered!

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #701 on: June 01, 2009, 02:36:03 PM »

60 Minutes on Alton Logan
March 11th - 3:34 p.m.

<snipped>

The third signature on the affidavit was that of Andrea Lyon, the public defender who notarized it.

If she was only the notary is there any client privileges?

http://blogs.chicagoreader.com/news-bites/tag/Andrea%20Lyon/

Her claim is that while she worked in a public defenders office she wrote the motion, that she "for practical purposes" represented Mr. Wilson...I largely dispute that.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: June 01, 2009, 02:41:45 PM »

http://www.chicagoreader.com/features/stories/hottype/080131/

The Greater of Two Evils

<snipped>
They asked their client Wilson: Was that you at the McDonald’s? He allowed that it was. But they were bound by legal ethics, the attorney-client privilege, not to tell anyone. The lawyers say Wilson’s one concession—and we have to take their word for this—was to say it would be OK to reveal the truth after Wilson died.

The affidavit was their solution. “We all knew something terrible was going on here and we didn’t know what to do about it,” says Kunz. “But we wanted to make a time-stamped declaration against a subsequent claim that ‘you guys are just making it up now.’” Coventry, Kunz, and Miller all signed.

Andrea Lyon, today the director of the DePaul Center for Justice in Capital Cases and in 1982 a member of the public defender’s homicide task force, notarized the affidavit. A notary doesn’t have to read the document she’s notarizing, but Lyon not only read and understood the affidavit, to the best of her recollection she wrote it. She says she’d written motions for Coventry and Kunz on Wilson’s behalf and considered him to be, as a practical matter, her client too. She felt just as bound to silence as her colleagues.

“I never spoke about it once, ever,” Lyon says today. But there was talk. Coventry says, “Somebody shot off their mouth and it sure as shit wasn’t me. People said ‘I hear you have a document’ and I’d say ‘I don’t know what you mean.’” If he died before Wilson, says Coventry, his daughter, an attorney, would find the affidavit and decipher it. He didn’t even tell even her it existed.

Her quote reads to me that she is proud that she knew an innocent man was in jail and yet kept her yap shut.  What a waste of oxygen. 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #703 on: June 01, 2009, 02:48:38 PM »

I went to the link and it says there was a doc dump on Wednesday that speaks of the residue etc and the sticker found nearby. Did we ever get these docs ?
I don't know. I am so lost 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: June 01, 2009, 02:49:21 PM »

Spotlight

Professor Andrea D. Lyon

DePaul law Professor Andrea Lyon was introduced as the newest defense counsel team member for Casey Anthony. Anthony is charged with the first-degree murder of her two-year-old daughter, Caylee, whose remains were found in December 2008 less than a mile from her family home. Lyon currently serves as the associate dean of clinical programs at the College of Law and directs the law school's Center for Justice in Capital Cases. During the course of her career, Lyon has tried over 130 homicide cases and defended more than 30 potential capital cases at the trial level. Nineteen of her cases were taken through penalty phase — she won all 19. Lyon joins the team as a death-qualified lawyer in Casey Anthony's defense after prosecutors filed a notice of intent to seek the death penalty, contradicting its previous waiver of intent to seek the death penalty.
additional information
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/26411480#30996344

http://www.law.depaul.edu/

Here is a email we can add.  I am now really disgusted that Depaul would added a spotlight to their law website about this. 

On July 1, 2007, Glen Weissenberger was reappointed for a second five-year term as dean of the DePaul University College of Law

email - gweissen@depaul.edu
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #705 on: June 01, 2009, 02:50:52 PM »

I went to the link and it says there was a doc dump on Wednesday that speaks of the residue etc and the sticker found nearby. Did we ever get these docs ?

Which link were you at?
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey2209jan22,0,328972.story
I got mixed up also because it has a pix of Ms. Lyon ( which is current ) and then the article which is from January 22. But is says there was the residue and that the documents were released that contains that info.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: June 01, 2009, 02:58:31 PM »

Which link were you at?
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey2209jan22,0,328972.story
I got mixed up also because it has a pix of Ms. Lyon ( which is current ) and then the article which is from January 22. But is says there was the residue and that the documents were released that contains that info.

Yes, you are right. There was a report of residue on the duct tape. I think Trimm or Norose posted it a few pages back.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: June 01, 2009, 02:58:31 PM »

Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer

May 29, 2009
"New Casey Anthony attorney is death-penalty expert"
The title of this post is the headline of this local article providing some interesting sentencing-related news in a high-profile murder case.  Here are the particulars:

The newest attorney to join Casey Anthony's defense team is a death-penalty expert from Chicago who has tried more than 130 homicide cases, her legal team announced today. Professor Andrea D. Lyon is a clinical professor of law at the DePaul University College of Law in Chicago, where she also directs the law school's Center for Justice in Capital Cases, according to a news release.

"Professor Lyon has tried over 130 homicide cases. A former Cook County Public Defender in Illinois, she served as chief of the public defender's homicide task force," the statement said. "In 1990 she founded the Illinois Capital Resource Center and served as its director until joining the University of Michigan Law School faculty in 1995."

Anthony's defense team needed to bring on a new attorney because her lead attorney, Jose Baez, is not qualified to try death-penalty cases under state law.

According to a profile published in the Chicago Lawyer magazine in August 2007, Lyon had a perfect record of winning life sentences in each of the capital cases she's taken through the penalty phase, which at that time was 19.

In the magazine profile, Lyon described herself as a "'naturally dramatic person.'" Lyon noted a death-penalty case she tried in which the prosecution filed a motion to preclude her from crying in front of the jury, and also from making the jury cry.

Lyon said she sees the death penalty as a "'failed program,'" the article said. "'It does not deter crime. It costs more, not less,'" Lyon was quoted as saying. "'It doesn't do any of the things it promises to do. If it brought people back to life, I could see the point of it. If it could fix something, I could see the point of it. But it doesn't fix anything. It just makes us all more barbarous.'"

Lyon has a book slated to be published in January titled "Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer," according to her Web site. "This is my story -- the story of the first woman in the nation to serve as lead attorney on a death penalty case. And it is also the story of my clients -- their lives, not just the acts they were charged with," the Web site states.

http://sentencing.typepad.com/sentencing_law_and_policy/2009/05/new-casey-anthony-attorney-is-deathpenalty-expert.html

Please deploy barf bag before reading comment that was posted below
Comments
I bear none of the "titles" you list above...I hold a master's degree in psychology, so I guess one could say I am a "psychologist"..however, the most important "title" I bear is that I am a Christian who, I might humbly add, bears the "mark" that Christ said would so define us as one..which is that one, because he is united to Him, is a vessel of His brand of love which is capable of loving the "sinner" while, concomitant-ly, hating the sinner's "sin"...Tragically, I have found very few extending this kind of love to Casey Anthony which is why I, for one, am thrilled that she has someone like Andrea Lyon to defend her and your statements in your above article...about how Andrea feels about the sense-lessness of the death penalty...re-choe exactly how I feel and it meant so much to me to "hear" that someone else feels the way I do because I have felt like I have been crying to deaf ears when it comes to my stating what you write about what she has said in your above article...I was planning on writing to Andrea even before I read your article..to express to her how vehemently I have felt about the fact that Casey not get the death penalty and your stating what you did, in your above article, has given me more confidence that she will "hear" my cry for Casey because, if you've read some of what the other bloggers have written, not too many share the way I feel...I am appalled to think that any Christian would write comments like I've read...like "I hope Casey burns in hell" because our Lord does not hope that for Casey...in fact, if she were the only person on earth, He would still have she His blood so that she would NOT spend an eternity in hell. It is easy to love a Calee, but it is not so easy to love a Casey...which is why it is loving a Casey that bears witness to the fact that one is a Christian, NOT loving a Calee...be-cause even the "world" can love a Calee! Anyway, while, already, there are many who are criticizing
Andrea Ryon for taking this case, I, for one, commend her for doing so!!!!!!!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: June 01, 2009, 03:01:04 PM »

Looks like the Anthony's attorney knew something we didn't for once. On LKL they asked him about the sticker evidence being linked back to the house, and he called it nonsense and media gossip...unfortunately he was right, no sticker residue on the duct tape..Sad

BUMP....... NO1ZMONKEY posts this then poof.....she's gone. I wish she would clarify. iirc ... just like the rest of you, that there was residue of heart shaped sticker.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: June 01, 2009, 03:27:23 PM »

NorthernRose, I will not repeat your whole post, but more Blah, Blah, Blah!!!

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #710 on: June 01, 2009, 03:46:20 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/19624303/detail.html
Vigil Planned For Anniversary Of Caylee's Death
Event Slated For June 16

POSTED: 2:21 pm EDT June 1, 2009
UPDATED: 2:51 pm EDT June 1, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Some of the many people who helped search for slain toddler Caylee Anthony are planning a vigil to mark the one year anniversary of her death.

A source told WESH 2 the vigil will be held June 16 -- the day investigators believe Caylee died.

Caylee's remains were found in a wooded area off Suburban Drive near the Anthony family home in December 2008. Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, is in the Orange County Jail charged with her daughter's murder.

Organizers hope to hold the event at Jay Blanchard Park in East Orange County.

The event will include a balloon release and communal prayer.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: June 01, 2009, 03:50:01 PM »

http://www.myorangeclerk.com/myclerk/CriminalSelect.aspx?SessionID=a5894eb4-3e0a-458e-a806-2d97e8452ce7

6/1/2009     A     ORDER CONTINUING HEARING ON MOTION FOR APPLICATION FOR SUBPOENA DUCES TECUM AND OBJECTIONS FILED BY DEPUTY RICHARD CAIN

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: June 01, 2009, 03:54:25 PM »

Event Slated For June 16

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Some of the many people who helped search for slain toddler Caylee Anthony are planning a vigil to mark the one year anniversary of her death.

A source told WESH 2 the vigil will be held June 16 -- the day investigators believe Caylee died.

Caylee's remains were found in a wooded area off Suburban Drive near the Anthony family home in December 2008. Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, is in the Orange County Jail charged with her daughter's murder.

HOT DAMN!!!!  Oh how I wish I could be there!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #713 on: June 01, 2009, 03:56:07 PM »

I don't know. I am so lost 
That's how I feel in the Haleigh case, I'm completely lost 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: June 01, 2009, 03:59:36 PM »

Event Slated For June 16

What will the Anthonys do to prevent this from happening?    Northern Rose, that article and comment you just posted, the lady talking about being a Christian, and she is so happy that Andrea is on Casey's case, to prevent the death penalty, blah, blah. Is it Christian like to kill your own child? My blood pressure is off the charts right now 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #715 on: June 01, 2009, 04:04:06 PM »

Looks like the Anthony's attorney knew something we didn't for once. On LKL they asked him about the sticker evidence being linked back to the house, and he called it nonsense and media gossip...unfortunately he was right, no sticker residue on the duct tape..Sad

BUMP....... NO1ZMONKEY posts this then poof.....she's gone. I wish she would clarify. iirc ... just like the rest of you, that there was residue of heart shaped sticker.

I found it!!!! It is in a supplemental report released in January.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18530424/detail.html

Pg 15--of the report.

Snipped>
"While processing the duct tape at the FBI lab in  Quantico, the latent print unit noticed residue in the perfect shape of a heart. The heart was not hand drawn and residue appeared to be consistent with the adhesive side of a heart shape sticker..............

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: June 01, 2009, 04:08:56 PM »

Thanks Fanny 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: June 01, 2009, 04:09:14 PM »

You can bet your boots the Ant's will try to put a stop to that, Trim, eh??

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #718 on: June 01, 2009, 04:11:50 PM »

Oh Boi!!!! More Draaaaaamaaa!!!!!  Monkey Devil!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: June 01, 2009, 04:13:30 PM »

Oh Boi!!!! More Draaaaaamaaa!!!!!  Monkey Devil!
Or maybe not, not if Lyons steps in and raises he!! about them not causing trouble. It's obvious Conway has no control over them, but Lyons might.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.