April 24, 2024, 11:20:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #42 6/12/09 - 6/30/09  (Read 360842 times)
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1000 on: June 23, 2009, 01:10:43 PM »

Does anyone know anything about coyotes?  Just saw one pass through my back yard carring a fawn, this is the first time I've ever seen one here.  Are they territorial?  Will they hunt pets? TIA, lovin

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1001 on: June 23, 2009, 01:29:49 PM »

Does anyone know anything about coyotes?  Just saw one pass through my back yard carring a fawn, this is the first time I've ever seen one here.  Are they territorial?  Will they hunt pets? TIA, lovin

They will hunt and kill cats and small dogs.  They hunt at night mostly.  Don't allow your pets outside at night if you can help it.
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1002 on: June 23, 2009, 01:36:23 PM »

They will hunt and kill cats and small dogs.  They hunt at night mostly.  Don't allow your pets outside at night if you can help it.

Hello Monkeys.

Coyotes will eat anything smaller then themselves as far as I know.  In our town they have been known to jump over the fence to get a smaller animal.  But they also eat berries and garbage if they are hungry enough.  I agree Klaas don't let your pets outside by themselves at night. 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1003 on: June 23, 2009, 01:47:09 PM »

Thank you Klaas & Canadianmonkey.  There are going to be some very unhappy kitties I think that like to go out and hunt at night too.  Better to be unhappy then someone's dinner!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1004 on: June 23, 2009, 01:56:40 PM »

Thank you Klaas & Canadianmonkey.  There are going to be some very unhappy kitties I think that like to go out and hunt at night too.  Better to be unhappy then someone's dinner!

I had a cat that loved to hunt at night and he became the hunted unfortunately, so I know from experience about the Coyotes.
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1005 on: June 23, 2009, 02:06:41 PM »

I had a cat that loved to hunt at night and he became the hunted unfortunately, so I know from experience about the Coyotes.

I'm sorry to hear that Klaas.  Losing a pet is never easy.  They are as much a part of the family as children. 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1006 on: June 23, 2009, 02:26:19 PM »

Awww, that's so sad!  Do you have a lot of them in Cali (I think that's where you are?)

I'm not really ready for the "Circle of Life" talk with my son yet either, he'd be devistated.

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1007 on: June 23, 2009, 04:17:20 PM »

Hi friends, just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know that I am fine, a bit on the sick side, but fine none-the-less.  I am taking a break for now from SM due to the babies, lack of sleep, and some additional stress that was thrusted upon us.  Just wanted to give a heads up and let you all know we are fine.  I hope to be back soon, but family comes first and right now that is my focus.  I love you all and apreciate you all so very much and all the work that you do.  As a bunch and as an individual you all make wonderfull things happen in the name of justice.
Love
D

Take Care Dolce.  Post pictures when you can. an angelic monkey
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1008 on: June 23, 2009, 04:29:27 PM »

Awww, that's so sad!  Do you have a lot of them in Cali (I think that's where you are?)

I'm not really ready for the "Circle of Life" talk with my son yet either, he'd be devistated.

Sorry, I was gone for a bit.  Yes, we have quite a few in Calif especially if you live anywhere near the hills.  When I lost Tiger (my cat) I actually lived in a unusual place for coyotes but where I am now there are alot, you can hear them at night howling. 
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1009 on: June 23, 2009, 04:39:39 PM »

99 degrees with a heat index of 105.  Sincere Prayers for anyone without air today.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1010 on: June 23, 2009, 04:51:44 PM »

Sorry, I was gone for a bit.  Yes, we have quite a few in Calif especially if you live anywhere near the hills.  When I lost Tiger (my cat) I actually lived in a unusual place for coyotes but where I am now there are alot, you can hear them at night howling. 

We have them here, but we are in a wooded, hilly area.  It's been a few years since I've seen any.  Two ran across the road just down the street from us.  I've read articles about their migration across the country. 

I'm sorry about your cat.  Maybe that's what happened to our Midnight many years ago.  We had a dog, who passed away 2 years ago at the age of 13 1/2.  She was part Keeshond and the other part unknown...we think part shepherd.  Anyway, a hunter friend said when she was young to keep a bright collar on her because she looked like a coyote.  He was afraid if she got out of our yard that someone would hurt her.  We followed his advice.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1011 on: June 23, 2009, 05:08:28 PM »

i went to enroll babycrazy in in school  she will start k.  anyway we go to the office and on the door it states that the office is open monday-friday 8-12 then 1-3, well we got there at around 1:45 and the lights were on but no one was home.  locked up tight.  i don't know how i feel sending her to a school where the principal and office staff don't know how to tell time.

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1012 on: June 23, 2009, 05:20:42 PM »

i went to enroll babycrazy in in school  she will start k.  anyway we go to the office and on the door it states that the office is open monday-friday 8-12 then 1-3, well we got there at around 1:45 and the lights were on but no one was home.  locked up tight.  i don't know how i feel sending her to a school where the principal and office staff don't know how to tell time.

It's been a long time since I did that....I remember they had to go for pre-k placement testing....thinking that was in the spring prior to Sept. start. 

Is there a board of education office you can go to to enroll her?  I don't remember doing it at the school they attended.  But then, I'm getting older and don't remember all those details anymore.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1013 on: June 23, 2009, 06:42:10 PM »

DON'T MISS DANA PRETZER TONIGHT!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1014 on: June 23, 2009, 07:20:58 PM »

Hi friends, just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know that I am fine, a bit on the sick side, but fine none-the-less.  I am taking a break for now from SM due to the babies, lack of sleep, and some additional stress that was thrusted upon us.  Just wanted to give a heads up and let you all know we are fine.  I hope to be back soon, but family comes first and right now that is my focus.  I love you all and apreciate you all so very much and all the work that you do.  As a bunch and as an individual you all make wonderfull things happen in the name of justice.
Love
D

Take Care Dolce.  Post pictures when you can. an angelic monkey

Dolce we will miss you - big HUGS ! Take care of you and your precious babies and hubby first and foremost.

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1015 on: June 23, 2009, 07:22:34 PM »

DON'T MISS DANA PRETZER TONIGHT!

Looks like a good one Klaas.

Did you see the article on CNN yesterday about the new government committee investigating all of the cruise - related deaths? I wanted to post it but was so swamped I couldn't break away from back-to-back web meetings.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1016 on: June 23, 2009, 07:33:37 PM »

JSM was looking for info on how to enbed a youtube video.  I copied this into word many moons ago & I thought I'd post it here for any new monkeys that need it:

Klaas's Instructions:

To have a YouTube video show up in your post.

1.  In Youtube click on the EMBEDED link and copy it
2.  Paste that link in your message
3.  PREVIEW your message and notice the hyperlink that is showing (usuallly ends in a -1)
4.  Copy that hyperlink because that is the one you are really going to use
5.  Go back and FIX your post by deleting the EMBEDED links and pasting the Hyperlink you copied
6.  Highlight the hyperlink
7.  Click on the FLASH icon
8.  Change the size from 200,200 to 600,485
9.  Preview (just to be certain) and post

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1017 on: June 23, 2009, 08:46:20 PM »

Don't miss DANA PRETZER coming up in about 15 minutes.  Click here to listen to the show:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1018 on: June 23, 2009, 10:05:34 PM »

Not sure where DANA will check but I wanted to say...GREAT SHOW DANA!
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1019 on: June 23, 2009, 11:46:53 PM »

Mytime, ELuxery has a Vuitton Diaper Bag.  I dont know if it is the one Dolce bought and I cannot reach her because she is ill right now.  I will keep looking.  By the way, I have never bought anything from this site and dont know anything about it!!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.