April 16, 2024, 01:28:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #42 6/12/09 - 6/30/09  (Read 360168 times)
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #360 on: June 14, 2009, 11:16:45 AM »

Huge storm just blew through Tulsa - lighting, hail, high winds, be careful to the east of me.

How far east did you send it?

Well it just hit us in northern MS, bordering Bama & it was wicked for a good bit there, pouring rain, hail, wind bending trees & it was going BOOM BOOM BOOM, so much for a leisure day in the pool!   Be careful monkeys!

Hey Cap, my sister lives in Mississippi too, in Southhaven. She got smacked the other day by a bad storm, a huge tree fell and took out part of the front of the roof! 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #361 on: June 14, 2009, 11:18:59 AM »

Huge storm just blew through Tulsa - lighting, hail, high winds, be careful to the east of me.

How far east did you send it?

Well it just hit us in northern MS, bordering Bama & it was wicked for a good bit there, pouring rain, hail, wind bending trees & it was going BOOM BOOM BOOM, so much for a leisure day in the pool!   Be careful monkeys!

Hey Cap, my sister lives in Mississippi too, in Southhaven. She got smacked the other day by a bad storm, a huge tree fell and took out part of the front of the roof! 

Yikes!

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #362 on: June 14, 2009, 12:29:20 PM »

Monkeys,I have idiots over here next door.
My neighbor and his partner are having a Poker run for the Aids Foundation this weekend.
I'm all for that as it's a good cause.
But you know when you have a large group of strangers next door,you have to look out for the little ones.
There is 19 on a bus and 12 more in the house.and then there is the one guy I just saw out in the yard changing his pants!   
Our little neighbor girl is 7 yrs. old.She don't need to see that. 
We are under a storm watch,and I AM GONNA CREATE ANOTHER ONE.
What's wrong with people?Respect your neighbor and their children.Climbing down off my rant box now.Alcohol and idiots do not mix.I'm always worried about the unkown pervert.   

Trimm, I'm getting a late start today. I feel for your problem next door and can commiserate. I can only think that the situation might get worse as the day goes along if there are alcoholic idiots. Are these the same people that park on your lawn? God, I hope the bus with the 19 people doesn't park there.

I see you have had some bad weather, hope you are ok, and that it breaks up the party next door. Should I send Thor Fanny?   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: June 14, 2009, 12:32:03 PM »

Cappy, same for you about the bad weather. I have fallen down on my job of being the weather watcher this morning. From what I see now both you and Trimm are on the backside of it.  Wow, it looks like Olive Branch really go hit. It loooks like there may be some more rough weather in both your areas later today. Please stay safe.   an angelic monkey

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #364 on: June 14, 2009, 12:35:13 PM »

My daughter won first place in an online art contest! She won for Zydrate but I like Freeze-Ray better. Here's the link to her page.

http://for-why.deviantart.com/   

How talented your daughter is. I can't even draw stick figures! I know how proud you must be of her. Tell her this monkey loves her work! 

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: June 14, 2009, 01:05:22 PM »

Cappy, same for you about the bad weather. I have fallen down on my job of being the weather watcher this morning. From what I see now both you and Trimm are on the backside of it.  Wow, it looks like Olive Branch really go hit. It loooks like there may be some more rough weather in both your areas later today. Please stay safe.   an angelic monkey

Hey ya Fanny!

Yea, here it calmed down a good bit, another wave may hit us later.  I managed to get outside to retrieve my pool float that flew across the yard LOL...now I just have to get thru what the rain does to my achie breakie spine, its like spitting nails level today!   Looks like many areas are getting hit with storms today so you & everyone stay safe as well.   Its a good day to rent a few movies or read a book all curled up in a blankie...Im heading towards that thought myself in a bit

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #366 on: June 14, 2009, 04:12:01 PM »

Trimm and Cappy Stay Safe.

Boo I love the art work of your daughter.

NOW I HAVE A RANT COMING ON!!!!

I just got the dang convertor box, couldn't hook it up to the tv in my bedroom because I don't have enough outlets and wasn't about to go to the store and buy a power strip thing. I have already spent $50 on this thing.

So I hooked it up to the living room tv (I am never in there to even use the stupid tv).  Got it to work. BUT MY RANT IS THIS.....

THE ONE CHANNEL THAT I LOVE TO WATCH IS NOT SCANNED INTO THE CONVERTOR BOX.

What am I going to do if I am home and sick during the week and have only Spanish Channels, Oprah to watch? Channel 52 had Andy Griffith, Hawaii Five O, Magnum PI, and at night I would go to bed and watch Mission Impossible.

I am so pizzed right now. Thanks for letting me rant. JSM  Monkey Devil!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #367 on: June 14, 2009, 04:46:49 PM »

My daughter won first place in an online art contest! She won for Zydrate but I like Freeze-Ray better. Here's the link to her page.

http://for-why.deviantart.com/   
Excellent, great work, you must be so proud 

Very nice.   Congrats to your daughter!     
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #368 on: June 14, 2009, 04:57:47 PM »

Trimm and Cappy Stay Safe.

Boo I love the art work of your daughter.

NOW I HAVE A RANT COMING ON!!!!

I just got the dang convertor box, couldn't hook it up to the tv in my bedroom because I don't have enough outlets and wasn't about to go to the store and buy a power strip thing. I have already spent $50 on this thing.

So I hooked it up to the living room tv (I am never in there to even use the stupid tv).  Got it to work. BUT MY RANT IS THIS.....

THE ONE CHANNEL THAT I LOVE TO WATCH IS NOT SCANNED INTO THE CONVERTOR BOX.

What am I going to do if I am home and sick during the week and have only Spanish Channels, Oprah to watch? Channel 52 had Andy Griffith, Hawaii Five O, Magnum PI, and at night I would go to bed and watch Mission Impossible.

I am so pizzed right now. Thanks for letting me rant. JSM  Monkey Devil!

JSM - You're funny.          I don't know much about the convertor boxes - but I hope you get your channels straighten out so you can have decent television to watch at night.    I know this is crazy - but I watch "Family Guy" every night to fall asleep.   I'd be pizzed if I couldn't get that channel anymore.   Smile

Trimm and Capp - and all the Monkeys experiencing bad weather - Be Safe.    Whenever I watch the Weather Channel now, I always look for which monkeys are getting clobbered with storms.    You guys in the south have really had some bad storms this spring.   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #369 on: June 14, 2009, 07:36:25 PM »

My neighbor and his partner are having a Poker run for the Aids Foundation this weekend.
But you know when you have a large group of strangers next door,you have to look out for the little ones.
There is 19 on a bus and 12 more in the house.and then there is the one guy I just saw out in the yard changing his pants!   
What's wrong with people?Respect your neighbor and their children.Climbing down off my rant box now.Alcohol and idiots do not mix.I'm always worried about the unkown pervert.   

Trimm, I'm getting a late start today. I feel for your problem next door and can commiserate. I can only think that the situation might get worse as the day goes along if there are alcoholic idiots. Are these the same people that park on your lawn? God, I hope the bus with the 19 people doesn't park there.

I see you have had some bad weather, hope you are ok, and that it breaks up the party next door. Should I send Thor Fanny?   

Hey Fanny.  My power just came back on.DSL is on the fritz,so I'm on dial up.Lightening hit my flag pole and a neighbor's tree.
When lightening hit that pole
I was sitting by the window,and covered my ears and started screaming,but not like some of the neighbors.  Monkey Devil!
Big bus is gone,and the rest of the company must be out in the boat.It's pretty clear here now.Good Daddy next door laid the law down to all the company.....stay away from my little girl or else.There's only 3 kids on our street.Two boys are teenagers,so we are protective over the little one.  You just can't be too careful these days.
Not to worry about anybody getting in my yard......I have learned a thing or two from the Anthonys.Roped off my area and lakeside deck with caution tape.
Caution...stay out of my yard,or i will get my hammer.   
Going to catch up now. Hope everyone else is o.k. with the weather.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #370 on: June 14, 2009, 07:59:47 PM »

Hey Fanny.  My power just came back on.DSL is on the fritz,so I'm on dial up.Lightening hit my flag pole and a neighbor's tree.
When lightening hit that pole
I was sitting by the window,and covered my ears and started screaming,but not like some of the neighbors.  Monkey Devil!
Big bus is gone,and the rest of the company must be out in the boat.It's pretty clear here now.Good Daddy next door laid the law down to all the company.....stay away from my little girl or else.There's only 3 kids on our street.Two boys are teenagers,so we are protective over the little one.  You just can't be too careful these days.
Not to worry about anybody getting in my yard......I have learned a thing or two from the Anthonys.Roped off my area and lakeside deck with caution tape.
Caution...stay out of my yard,or i will get my hammer.   
Going to catch up now. Hope everyone else is o.k. with the weather.

So glad that everything is somewhat ok. Didn't know whether the weather got you or the alcoholic idiots. I would have screamed if lightning hit my flagpole too! I figured it might have been a power problem, but I was really beginning to worry. BTW, tupid me, the hubby's doc appointment was for next week. Sheesh. Don't know how I did that, so It'll seem like groundhog day next Friday. 

But it did give us some family time as my son is out of college for the summer, but he will still be working, starting Monday. It gave us a chance to be together and to get some shopping done and to go out to eat. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #371 on: June 14, 2009, 08:01:34 PM »

Trimm, I'm going to do that with the caution tape with all the kids    only problem the parents wouldn't know what it means, so they still will all be hanging around my yard and garage. I'm losing it, one more ball on my balcony.....   I feel like the mean old lady that we were afraid of when we were kids 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #372 on: June 14, 2009, 08:04:35 PM »

Go Magic!!! 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: June 14, 2009, 08:18:07 PM »

Trimm, I'm going to do that with the caution tape with all the kids    only problem the parents wouldn't know what it means, so they still will all be hanging around my yard and garage. I'm losing it, one more ball on my balcony.....   I feel like the mean old lady that we were afraid of when we were kids 

I know how you feel.
Usually it's pretty quiet here.The guys next door are usually only here during the weekend.The owners of the property are pretty heavy drinkers and are not here a whole lot.They have a home in town.I just give them all "the look" 
It's the Lakelizards vs the Weekenders.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: June 14, 2009, 08:19:56 PM »

Go Magic!!! 

shhhh....you'll wake Minitime.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: June 14, 2009, 08:21:33 PM »

Boo,that's great news about your daughter.   

Sorry i missed you Sassycat.  an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #376 on: June 14, 2009, 08:53:11 PM »

Thanks Boo. I guess I was either a little young to remember this or because it was National League I never heard about it. I'm glad it made your day. I just hope I don't get booted for off topic.   
PS, if Red or Blink or Klaas are listening, how does one make up their own blog (not that anyone would look at mine if I had one). That is one thing I would love to do so I don't have to post off topic stuff on the monkeys. TIA JSM
O/T, Sorry --> JSM, that was an awesome video.  I never knew that happened and it was so moving to watch the video on Flag Day.  You would be a great blogger; if you do create your own blog be sure and let us know.  I'll be a regular reader!  Hugs.

Trimm's back!  Glad to see you -- we were getting worried!
Thanks Desi Couldn't have done it without your help. As you can tell I could never have my own blog, I can't even post a youtube on SM.  Monkey Devil! But if ever I become clever and have my own blog, I will let you know. Thanks again for all your help. JSM
MESSAGE FOR JSM:
You are most welcome; you are the one who figured it out.  JSM you are very clever already. You have interesting things to say, a readable writing style, and plenty of humor, passion and principles.  O/T is frowned upon in the missing persons threads of a public forum maybe, but it can be interesting reading.  Your post in Musings earlier about the whole TV fiasco was quite entertaining.  You honestly should think about it.

Info for you, along with a hug.  http://en.wordpress.com/features/

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #377 on: June 14, 2009, 08:54:47 PM »

Go Magic!!! 

Thank you kindly for the reminder!!   
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: June 14, 2009, 09:08:44 PM »

Have you thought about spike strips on your balcony??

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: June 14, 2009, 09:16:43 PM »

Go Magic!!! 

Thank you kindly for the reminder!!   

Have you figured out a name for your boy babytime?   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.