April 24, 2024, 02:10:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #42 6/12/09 - 6/30/09  (Read 360800 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #600 on: June 17, 2009, 07:49:05 AM »

Good night Monkeys!   

Good night texasmom.  About that hideyhole...flowers, huh?

I chose all the ones I was sure a "bee" would love!  Just trying to be nice!   an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #601 on: June 17, 2009, 10:12:20 AM »

Good night Monkeys!   

I chose all the ones I was sure a "bee" would love!  Just trying to be nice!   an angelic monkey

Awww, thanks texasmom. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #602 on: June 17, 2009, 10:27:04 AM »

CBB,

Yes, the deer do eat the flowers & shrubbery.  I've been trying to put in things that they don't like, especially in the areas of our property outside the fencing.   There were these ugly little briar bushes lining the ledge near the road & our driveway.  I left them there as a buffer because the deer didn't touch them. One day came home and found that MIL cut them to the ground.  She thought she was doing us a favor.  They regrew eventually, but then when they paved our road, they got cut to the ground again.  I haven't looked to see if they are growing back.   I don't venture too far off the property since the bruins are around.   

Yes, I'm a chicken.   

Oh, ME TOO! I hate going out at night! I sprint to the car! (Hate to admit it, but the garage is too full to park in). If you can come up with stuff they won't eat, please post it! I gave away all my day lilies because it was going on 6 years since they'd made it beyond buds. One morning, I'd just get up and the tops were just nipped clean off. I've got a planting area that is visable from the kitchen and family room, and  so enjoyed the flowers! I'd love to have some again, but I tried everything, including some sort of wildcat urine I bought at a nursery that guarenteed to be a deer repellent. It didn't work either. Maybe among all the other wildlife, wild cats are in the mountains too, and the deer are used to it!   

Good morning everyone.

Sorry to interupt but I was wondering if you have ever tried this.  It works with the squirrels that eat things in my garden but I'm not sure if it would work with deer.  Spray water on the buds then make a paste of cayenne pepper.  Spread it on the bulb and the stem just underneath.  You might lose a few more but hopefully they would catch on pretty quick.  I only have to do it every two years now.  The squirrels remember they burned their mouths and don't eat them for at least two years.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #603 on: June 17, 2009, 10:42:06 AM »

CBB,

Yes, the deer do eat the flowers & shrubbery.  I've been trying to put in things that they don't like, especially in the areas of our property outside the fencing.   There were these ugly little briar bushes lining the ledge near the road & our driveway.  I left them there as a buffer because the deer didn't touch them. One day came home and found that MIL cut them to the ground.  She thought she was doing us a favor.  They regrew eventually, but then when they paved our road, they got cut to the ground again.  I haven't looked to see if they are growing back.   I don't venture too far off the property since the bruins are around.   

Yes, I'm a chicken.   

Oh, ME TOO! I hate going out at night! I sprint to the car! (Hate to admit it, but the garage is too full to park in). If you can come up with stuff they won't eat, please post it! I gave away all my day lilies because it was going on 6 years since they'd made it beyond buds. One morning, I'd just get up and the tops were just nipped clean off. I've got a planting area that is visable from the kitchen and family room, and  so enjoyed the flowers! I'd love to have some again, but I tried everything, including some sort of wildcat urine I bought at a nursery that guarenteed to be a deer repellent. It didn't work either. Maybe among all the other wildlife, wild cats are in the mountains too, and the deer are used to it!   

Good morning everyone.

Sorry to interupt but I was wondering if you have ever tried this.  It works with the squirrels that eat things in my garden but I'm not sure if it would work with deer.  Spray water on the buds then make a paste of cayenne pepper.  Spread it on the bulb and the stem just underneath.  You might lose a few more but hopefully they would catch on pretty quick.  I only have to do it every two years now.  The squirrels remember they burned their mouths and don't eat them for at least two years.

Thanks, canadianmonkey!!!  You can never interrupt in Musings!!!   

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: June 17, 2009, 12:18:33 PM »

NO NANNERS
School bans bananas[/b]
A school in England has banned bananas because a teacher is allergic to the fruit.

The teacher reportedly has a life-threatening allergy and students have been told not to bring the fruit to school since 2007.

But officials in the town say they plan to investigate because they feel the ban may be "a bit over the top."

The investigation may not be needed however because the teacher is reportedly getting ready to leave the school and at that point the ban would be lifted.

A spokeswoman for the local city council says, "these are very unsual circumstances but the school community has been supportive and understanding over the last two years."
http://www.keyetv.com/content/entertainment/watercooler/story/School-bans-bananas/uvs8lxqlu0az15nZnmLIyg.cspx

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: June 17, 2009, 05:34:24 PM »

I really don't want to muck up the NH thread with this as it has nothing to do with any particular case but EVERYTHING to do with reading comprehension.  These kind of things really bother me.  Obviously Poochy and Lala'smom didn't read and comprehend:

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #606 on: June 17, 2009, 05:53:32 PM »

klaas

seems to be a systematic affliction that started with ldstlou - and now they've all got it.  Monkey Devil!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: June 17, 2009, 06:04:47 PM »

klaas

seems to be a systematic affliction that started with ldstlou - and now they've all got it.  Monkey Devil!

It really bugs me especially in that thread where there's not alot of action and all they had to do was comprehend that ONE post of Sue's. 
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #608 on: June 17, 2009, 06:19:14 PM »

Doesn't surprise me one bit   Monkey Devil!

Reading comprehension was never one of their strong points    Monkey Devil!
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #609 on: June 17, 2009, 07:16:04 PM »

Thank you Klaasend for helping me out yet again today!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #610 on: June 17, 2009, 07:50:12 PM »

Hi...I have been out of electricity for a couple of hours and I see that the NAH thread is locked.
Will it stay locked for the evening?

Thanks....Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #611 on: June 17, 2009, 07:52:51 PM »

Hi Mere! 

I was wondering the same thing re: the NAH thread!  Thank you for asking!   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: June 17, 2009, 07:57:24 PM »

klaas

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #613 on: June 17, 2009, 08:07:56 PM »

So why is the Natalee thread locked??? 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: June 17, 2009, 08:15:24 PM »

I came over here to make this post because as I understand it this is the place that we can talk about anything. Yesterday I saw some really good people be really hurt by some comments of a monkey that has been here at SM for a while, longer than me. It was a very judgemental and one sided post on a very emotional day, the memorial day of Caylee Marie Anthony's death. He took quite a bit of time to cut and paste jokes and statements that had been made all day by monkeys that had just come together to get through the awful and dissapointing day. He failed to also do the same for all the pictures, videos, Youtubes, poems and sweet thoughts for Caylee that some of the same people he was criticizing had posted. It was not a good feeling to be on the recieiving end of this kind of behavior.

Now it does not feel so safe in here anymore. I am a big girl monkey and can take critcism. This was more like an attack. I came from another forum where it was a daily thing to be attacked by trolls and other bloggers, as the forum was not moderated. People were just torn to shreds and polls were posted saying horrible things about really well meaning people. I went for a long time not posting anywhere and just reading along here. I was assured that there would be no personal attacks. Now, even though this person says he is leaving, he is not banned. He can come back and post and leave like he did last night. I did not come here for controversy. I came to be able to find out the best information and feel like that I made a difference for being here, and make a contribution. To tell the truth about it I am really still stunned.

This came on the heels of another long time monkey that came on the Caylee Memorial thread to attack Richard Grund. I said then that it felt a lot like a virus that sneeks into you computer and at some later day wakes up and blows everything to smitherines.

This is in no way meant to be a criticism of Red, Klaas, or the mods.
My post is just sort of to say how I feel without disrupting the Caylee thread. I love being here at Scared Monkeys, and I want to stay. It is just my heart is very hurt today.

Thanks for listening to me.    an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: June 17, 2009, 08:21:02 PM »

Unlocked now
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: June 17, 2009, 08:22:42 PM »

I came over here to make this post because as I understand it this is the place that we can talk about anything. Yesterday I saw some really good people be really hurt by some comments of a monkey that has been here at SM for a while, longer than me. It was a very judgemental and one sided post on a very emotional day, the memorial day of Caylee Marie Anthony's death. He took quite a bit of time to cut and paste jokes and statements that had been made all day by monkeys that had just come together to get through the awful and dissapointing day. He failed to also do the same for all the pictures, videos, Youtubes, poems and sweet thoughts for Caylee that some of the same people he was criticizing had posted. It was not a good feeling to be on the recieiving end of this kind of behavior.

Now it does not feel so safe in here anymore. I am a big girl monkey and can take critcism. This was more like an attack. I came from another forum where it was a daily thing to be attacked by trolls and other bloggers, as the forum was not moderated. People were just torn to shreds and polls were posted saying horrible things about really well meaning people. I went for a long time not posting anywhere and just reading along here. I was assured that there would be no personal attacks. Now, even though this person says he is leaving, he is not banned. He can come back and post and leave like he did last night. I did not come here for controversy. I came to be able to find out the best information and feel like that I made a difference for being here, and make a contribution. To tell the truth about it I am really still stunned.

This came on the heels of another long time monkey that came on the Caylee Memorial thread to attack Richard Grund. I said then that it felt a lot like a virus that sneeks into you computer and at some later day wakes up and blows everything to smitherines.

This is in no way meant to be a criticism of Red, Klaas, or the mods.
My post is just sort of to say how I feel without disrupting the Caylee thread. I love being here at Scared Monkeys, and I want to stay. It is just my heart is very hurt today.

Thanks for listening to me.    an angelic monkey

Fannie - if it's a choice between you or him I will ban him.  Steel Monkey claims he isn't going to post any more anyway so I will ban him from posting right now!  I'm serious.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #617 on: June 17, 2009, 08:23:24 PM »

Unlocked now

Thank you....Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: June 17, 2009, 08:25:34 PM »

Steel Monkey is now banned from posting.  He can still log in and read but he cannot post.  He didn't wish to post any more anyway.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #619 on: June 17, 2009, 08:30:25 PM »

Good night Monkeys!   

Awww, thanks texasmom. 

YW Muffy, thanks for the hug!   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.