March 28, 2024, 07:06:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #42 6/12/09 - 6/30/09  (Read 359429 times)
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #720 on: June 20, 2009, 04:15:54 PM »

Boo~again I am so sorry for your pain.  I agree with all that you said.  Phrases my dad used to say all the time are just now a fuzzy memory and I miss them dearly and it frustrates me that I can't remember them.  Cherish what you've got, when you've got it because things you take for granted will be gone.  I totally agree about the memories of their youth.  My son will never remember his grandfather as he was just 3 years old when he passed.  I wish I had taken time to record the stories he used to tell us of the Army or growing up during the depression.  And do take the time to get your affairs in order.  After my dad passed my mom decided she was going to do all of that but as time passes, you forget or put it off.  It's never too late.  Lovin

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #721 on: June 20, 2009, 08:23:01 PM »

Boo, I am sorry for the loss of your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you. What a great post though, all great advice.

I have yet to experience the loss of a parent and I treasure each and every moment that I get to share with both of them, as they both have had health issues in the past few years. For the past two years since my mom has been home bound due to being on oxygen, we spend every Sunday with them. We make dinner and watch a movie together or play a board game and talk. It's really brought our family closer together.

I will have to borrow or rent a video camera and "interview" my parents. What a great gift to pass on to future grandchildren and great grandchildren who may never get to meet them.

Thank you and god bless!

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: June 20, 2009, 10:09:59 PM »

Someone I know (not me) is going to be getting one (or TWO)  of these soon, lol   an angelic monkey

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #723 on: June 20, 2009, 10:26:04 PM »

Someone I know (not me) is going to be getting one (or TWO)  of these soon, lol   an angelic monkey

awwww, they are so cute!!  (are you still trying to get San a dog)   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: June 20, 2009, 10:27:49 PM »

Cute aren't they?
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #725 on: June 20, 2009, 10:57:41 PM »

OMG Aussie puppies!!! Sooo cute!!! They are so smart! Tell your friend that she should look into the STAR puppy program that AKC now has out. When you finish class and they pass the puppy actually gets a medal on a ribbon!!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #726 on: June 21, 2009, 02:24:21 AM »

Have I just been missing Anna when she's here?  I haven't seen her in a while.  Hope she's o.k.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #727 on: June 21, 2009, 03:19:39 AM »

Yet another Song from your DJ - for my Muse Monkeys ...
My Ms Wynonna who I ADORE
Just listen and feel it .. its a beautiful song ..for all of us imperfect

Praise " You" and You and You.  Mother, Grandmother and Woman *Smile  - For the Love of the Babies ..feel the Love within this song... Sweet Peace No one will ever be the perfect Mom. We try. The label MOM does not mean, I came from your body, It can as well mean " You raised me". Love to my Muse Monkeys who have made me grow and become a better person.  Your never to old to be raised ...   an angelic monkey

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NeMzeT8U0FI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/NeMzeT8U0FI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1</a>

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: June 21, 2009, 03:38:17 AM »

Ooookay.  Who's posting in musings now? Monkey Devil!

Hope I didn't skeer them!!!

Hi, Muffy.  I'm just drifting around and gearing up to go to sleep soon.   

Did you lock up and make sure the bears can't get in?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: June 21, 2009, 03:42:49 AM »

That's a scarey thought.  Bears coming in the house.   

Not all of us $h!t in the woods, you know!

I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: June 21, 2009, 03:48:19 AM »

Thanks DJ Deenie!  Great song, loved it!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: June 21, 2009, 03:49:17 AM »

I have read that they've broken into homes through screened areas.  We also have friends who's porch door was broken down.   They are big.   There was also a house nearby that was scheduled for demolition and when the team came they found that a mother bear had removed the plywood over a window and used the house for a den with her cubs for the winter.  They had to sedate them & bring them to another area to take the house down.   I've seen photos taken by the PD staff on hand during all of this....I think that was 2 or 3 years ago.

There is always those few that ruin our reputation.    

Know how many humans tear down our houses?   

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 03:51:59 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #732 on: June 21, 2009, 03:54:18 AM »

I have read that they've broken into homes through screened areas.  We also have friends who's porch door was broken down.   They are big.   There was also a house nearby that was scheduled for demolition and when the team came they found that a mother bear had removed the plywood over a window and used the house for a den with her cubs for the winter.  They had to sedate them & bring them to another area to take the house down.   I've seen photos taken by the PD staff on hand during all of this....I think that was 2 or 3 years ago.

I was wondering if the bears are coming in more because of population/weather and such.  Hunger.  Besides the danger to yourself, what about your home?  I wonder if your homeowners policy covers that?  And because I'm a mom, I'm wondering who's gonna clean up that mess?!  And I know the answer. 

It's the market.  Humans are blaming the bear market on us!  We are starving!   Crying or Very sad

We would help you clean, but it is hard without thumbs.   

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 03:57:09 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: June 21, 2009, 04:00:53 AM »

Flashback from 1975! 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cj3W9rt3GTE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Cj3W9rt3GTE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: June 21, 2009, 04:03:34 AM »

I was wondering if the bears are coming in more because of population/weather and such.  Hunger.  Besides the danger to yourself, what about your home?  I wonder if your homeowners policy covers that?

Construction is moving them out of their habitat, imo.  Not sure about weather, but they are looking for food.  Good question about the homeowner's policy.  I'd have to check that out.....never thought about that.....just our safety walking around here.  Well, I'm the chicken...sons & husband aren't.   

This is one smart chick.   Wink

If chickens can own houses, why can't we?  I will check into that first thing Monday morning.  It must be some sort of size discrimination thing.    study

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: June 21, 2009, 04:17:30 AM »

2Nj, you ain't chicken, you're smart!     If you're like me, you can't outrun one, you can't reason with one, you can't fight with one.  So it's better to just avoid the bears in the first place.       Did I just say that!  Shhh.  Don't tell Bearly... Monkey Devil!

Told you she was smart!  I wonder why she doesn't know she's not a chicken?  She must not own a mirror.   Rolling Eyes

This bee is pretty smart, too.   thumright

She's a deceptive little devil.  Better grab my fly swatter on the way to her neck of the woods! 

I'm gonna tell Elmira first thing in the morning about this size discrimination thing.  elephant   I think we should stage a protest!   

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 07:09:51 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: June 21, 2009, 04:20:47 AM »

I was wondering if the bears are coming in more because of population/weather and such.  Hunger.  Besides the danger to yourself, what about your home?  I wonder if your homeowners policy covers that?

Construction is moving them out of their habitat, imo.  Not sure about weather, but they are looking for food.  Good question about the homeowner's policy.  I'd have to check that out.....never thought about that.....just our safety walking around here.  Well, I'm the chicken...sons & husband aren't.   

I'm chicken too.  I wouldn't want any bears near my home.  I would be worried about this night and day 

Wonder if this one is a real chicken, or another monkey with an identity crisis.   Rolling Eyes

I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: June 21, 2009, 04:24:36 AM »

I'm chicken too.  I wouldn't want any bears near my home.  I would be worried about this night and day 

Wonder if this one is a real chicken, or another monkey with an identity crisis.   Rolling Eyes

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: June 21, 2009, 04:34:37 AM »

Wow,I can clear a cage.   
Good night monkeys.
Bearly,I didn't see you today.Hope you are feeling o.k.   an angelic monkey

Thanks, Trimm.  I have been trying to catch up.  I have another procedure coming up on Friday for my back and in July for my shoulders.  I should be ready to take on the world, then.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: June 21, 2009, 04:37:01 AM »

Steel Monkey is now banned from posting.  He can still log in and read but he cannot post.  He didn't wish to post any more anyway.

GOOD!! I like it that way!     I love the fact that he can come on here and read his little heart out. I hope he sees how he hurt people who actually cared about him. People who lash out should not be shielded from the consequences of their actions. I hope he feels bad about it. It must have taken him a very long time to cut and paste all those posts. Delibrately going past the good, kind and loving posts and focusing strictly on anything slightly negative. This takes sheer will power. I don't know what he expected to accomplish but all he did was hurt a lot of people. Buh Bye Steel, we don't need monkeys like you.

I never knew that side of Steel.  I am so sorry you monkeys had to go through that. 

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.