April 25, 2024, 02:16:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #42 6/12/09 - 6/30/09  (Read 361034 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: June 21, 2009, 04:38:36 AM »

Fanny,it'll be o.k.
Klaas and all the mods keep thing running smoothly.
I was upset also yesterday,but I knew it would be handled.We have just been so anxious with this anniversary coming up,and the never ending .............can't think of a word for that bunch right now,til we had to speak our minds.
I haven't read all of the post today,cause my connection kept going on the blink and I had a lot going on here.I'm gonna guess most were upset with Steel.They should be.
Please don't think about leaving.I would miss you very much.Just ask yourself what would "Thor Fanny" do?We've got a lot of long days ahead of us,but if we stick together we'll be o.k.

Gotta run now.Found out today that my Dad is having surgery on both of his eyes on Tuesday.  After his cancer last year you know he just seem to keep having more health issues.
I even told my DIL that I would not watch the kids until after next week.I've been so down thinking about my son.If I can get through this next week,we'll take the Anthony's by storm.
You monkeys mean everything to me.Please don't let one person keep you from here.We love you.I gonna end this post before it looks like a book.Hug to you.  an angelic monkey

My prayers are with you Trimm  I will say a special prayer for your dad.

Trimm, as always, you and your family are in my prayers.  Love ya, Tink!   

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: June 21, 2009, 04:42:11 AM »

Ms Boo I have been Im'ng you on space for a while now tonight " says your online" - I think I may have my settings wrong.
I love You .. me

My Skype is broke, has been for a while. I gave up on it. I think it wanted me to download more crap to my computer. It goes in and out, unreliable to say the least. But you can always send me an email, my gmail is working fine.
I knew something was " off" because you would never ignore me - cuz Your My Boo.
I will email you.

Noooo, would never ignore you! Sheri just mentioned you tonight to me, was wondering where you been. I'm not going to be up for very much longer though, only got 4 hours of sleep last night and my eyes are crossing as I type. 

Good thing you are wearing those glasses.  That way we can't tell.   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: June 21, 2009, 04:52:26 AM »

Still listening to Dana Pretzer.  It's been a great show and if you missed it, you can listen to the podcast tomorrow.

Right now he's talking with Steph Watt's, who has been a producer with Nancy Grace, Greta and GMA.  I've seen him on Greta.  He was in Bolingbrook alot in the beginning of the Stacy Peterson case.

I really like listening to it when I have quiet, otherwise I miss too much.  I have been surprised how much more sense it makes. 

The truth is, I like hearing Dana's voice coming through my computer late at night. 

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: June 21, 2009, 04:55:07 AM »

I don't know how long I have a connection - but I do for the moment! My cable is still out - they have been working on it all day and hopefully will be back up tomorrow.  I didn't realize how hard it is to live without television or internet.  

Lightening struck our cable box at our house and struck the air conditioning units at our business.   They say everything happens in three's - so I feel like a sitting duck with all the storms around us.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #744 on: June 21, 2009, 04:59:49 AM »

I see  cyclops MaryMary 

Hi Deenie Beanie!!!      Sorry I like pet names and Weenie was a bad alternative.   How are you our little DJ???   

Very Happy Very Happy 
OH I love the name WEENIE ................ Mary NO lol
I have a best girl friend nicknamed Weenie cuz she is a Colleen and I have my baby Dog. She is a Chi - weenie and I own a Beanie Baby that is named Weenie ..who I have had prior to meeting Colleen... which was ten years ago ..

And I have not eaten a hot dog in ten years lol ..

Good I like Weenie too.      Oh I wish I was an Oscar Myer Wiener that is what I'd truly like to be.  Cause if I was an Oscar Myer Weiner everyone would be in love with me. 

What's wrong with Beanie (Bean)?

That was my nickname.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #745 on: June 21, 2009, 05:26:59 AM »

Hugs to you Trimm! 

Guys ,i am so mad & upset; i have carpal tunnel in my wrist!! 
I over did it painting my kitchen with a hurt ankle(Thank God I'm finished!); My kitchen was already torn apart painting & hubby kept the girls occupied while I finished. He was pissed & didn't want me too, but I can out argue him!  Anyways ,when i fell i landed on my left wrist & since it was already hurting from painting & doing cakes I didn't notice that i had aggravated it. My ankle got better but my wrist didn't. I'm wearing a brace on my wrist now & it's very difficult not to use my left hand! I have to use my right hand for everything & I hate that!!  I have cakes scheduled so I have to let it get well & it least it doesn't hurt to type!     I know this makes me sound like a clumsy idiot, I'm really not; just overly ambitious!
It's going to be 100 degrees here today(heat index 110)!  I'm meltingggg!
Love you All!!!

Take care, Cutie!  You need a vacation from yourself!!!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #746 on: June 21, 2009, 05:32:24 AM »

morning Monkeys..
i could not put a good in front of it.  i am posting with a heavy heart.  monday evening 2 babies brother and sister (4&5)  were found in a trunk in springdale ar, (l live in fayetteville, the next town over.  they had gotten trapped while playing and succumed to the heat before anyone had found them.  their grand mother had the idea to check the trunk while everyone was making the mad sweep to find them.  she found them, and this is why i'm crying as i post, they were holding each others hands....
please monkeys if you could take a minuet and send a prayer to this family in there time of need.  i do not no them myself but there is an account set up for them by arvest banks and i will donate what i can today.  i don't know how to link but the info was in yeaterdays Arkansas democrat-gazette..if some smart monkey could find and link that article i would be very grateful....
hug your babies extra tight today monkeys an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: June 21, 2009, 06:17:01 AM »

Lovinlife!  You're back    I missed seeing you.  Hope all is well
Went on a much needed vacation!  All is well with me.  I missed you all as well!  I see I have a lot to catch up on!  Missed my monkey friends!!!!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: June 21, 2009, 06:54:04 AM »

As many of you know, my Dad passed away on Thursday. I posted this in the prayer thread, but I'm feeling now I have stayed too long there. The thread is for all prayers and needs, not just my need to talk. So I came here, I hope you monkeys don't mind. I wanted to share this with you.

I sent out an email to some of my friends of the news of my Father. I get a reply from a good friend of mine from out of state. She states she is watching me. She said her parents are alive, so she has been untouched by the death of a loved one. She sees the pain her friends are in when they have to deal with this issue. So I wrote her the following email. I hope it will help one of you.

If I had to tell you one thing, it would be to spend as much time with them as possible. Call them, email them, send them cards and notes through the mail. They really treasure communication the most in their twilight years. I have found unopened gifts and such through out the house. We thought we were bringing him into the Millennium with technology. He cared nothing for that, but he had every letter and card we sent him.

Ask questions about their life, I am shocked at the things we are finding out about my Dad. He was involved in so many projects from Kiwanis club to the Lakeshore School Educational fund. I want to hear his voice, he wasn't much for the camera but I'm going to have to ask my sisters for video. Take video and have them answer questions and recall their youth. It may be years after their passing for you to view it, but you will have it and you will be able to visit with them once again.

Call them constantly, check up on them. If only under the guise of you seeing what book they are reading or a simple question. At least you can go to sleep knowing they are OK at the moment. I wish I had gotten my father that Life Alert thing I saw on TV. He died alone, I have no idea if he suffered or if it was quick, the phone was in his kitchen and he hated his cell phone.

Have them get all their paperwork together in one file, my Dad did this and it was a blessing. If possible discuss what they want for their funeral. We all think about it, I have even mentioned to my daughter things I would like. Most children don't want to discuss it, it's too painful, but you have to know what they want, it will make things easier when the time comes. They don't want to leave you with difficult decisions, they want their affairs in order. No one wants their children to struggle with their issues and finances. Have them put your name on their accounts and a quick deed for the house. Life will be so much easier. Funerals are fricking expensive, so far it's close to $9,0000. Those pre-paid funerals aren't a bad idea. Dad kicked this around a few years ago, but decided to leave the money in the bank so it would gain additional interest. It's so hard to think straight making these decisions. Writing obits, writing a eulogy, trying to remember what year he was in the service or when he was Superintendent of Lakeshore Schools. So much to do in the space of a few days. Funerals are only 2 days now, things have changed.

Help them clean their home. It's difficult in the later years to bend over, catch that dust bunny, get rid of that stack of newspapers in the corner. As a present hire a crew to clean from top to bottom. Yeah they may bitch and complain, but man, nothing makes you feel better than a clean home, it gives you a sense of control again. Pay a lawn service to do all the outside stuff from lawn to bushes. It helps so much.

Sit with them and watch a movie or TV. My Dad had a list written of all these old movies he wanted to see. I love old movies and have seen quite a few on his list, I would have loved to watch them with him, but he never said a word. I always thought he was watching the news or golfing. Just bring over a munchie or dessert, kick back and hang with them. These are moments you will treasure forever.

Thanks, Boo!  Here you are, needing help, yet still giving it to others.

an angelic monkey

Love you like a monkey!!!

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #749 on: June 21, 2009, 09:40:16 AM »

Have I just been missing Anna when she's here?  I haven't seen her in a while.  Hope she's o.k.

I emailed Anna a couple days ago because I had been missiing her as well.  I haven't heard back.  I do remember she was going to be moving so maybe that's it?
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #750 on: June 21, 2009, 11:47:38 AM »

Have I just been missing Anna when she's here?  I haven't seen her in a while.  Hope she's o.k.

I emailed Anna a couple days ago because I had been missiing her as well.  I haven't heard back.  I do remember she was going to be moving so maybe that's it?

Yes, I do remember she was moving.  Hopefully that's it, and she's either just really busy getting situated; or maybe hasn't gotten all of her equipment hooked up yet.

Thanks Klaas!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #751 on: June 21, 2009, 05:15:14 PM »

Deenie and Boo.  I took my little 86 year old Dad to lunch today.  Hes totally blind so the restaurant I took him took knew him well.  They seated us at once and cut my Dads steak just the way he likes it.  We had a good time and I took him home.  I hugged him three times, once for me, and once for both of you.  Dad says HI!!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: June 21, 2009, 05:31:24 PM »

Deenie and Boo.  I took my little 86 year old Dad to lunch today.  Hes totally blind so the restaurant I took him took knew him well.  They seated us at once and cut my Dads steak just the way he likes it.  We had a good time and I took him home.  I hugged him three times, once for me, and once for both of you.  Dad says HI!!!
Always you will remember this day in your heart forever.  I wish I had my dad around just to touch him one more time.  I was driving to the store this afternoon and saw a young father walking with his two children and I was so touched at the moment they were sharing remembering when I was little walking with my dad.  I almost had to pull over as the emotion overcame me.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: June 21, 2009, 05:37:06 PM »

I hope this is the right place to post this as I need some help.

I was at the midnight golf tourney last night and won a draw - two lobsters.  They gave me a certificate which I took to the store today and the man grabbed two lobsters from the tank, boiled them and then handed them to me.  WHAT THE HECK DO I DO WITH THEM NOW????  (I know eat them).  I have them in my fridge right now as I want to have them for dinner later tonight.  Can I put them back in boiling water to reheat them?  How does one dissect a full lobster?  I know there is a part by the head that you have to be careful of but where and how?  I really need some help on how to CSI and serve these things.

Thanks in advance.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #754 on: June 21, 2009, 05:56:51 PM »

I was at the midnight golf tourney last night and won a draw - two lobsters.  They gave me a certificate which I took to the store today and the man grabbed two lobsters from the tank, boiled them and then handed them to me.  WHAT THE HECK DO I DO WITH THEM NOW????  (I know eat them).  I have them in my fridge right now as I want to have them for dinner later tonight.  Can I put them back in boiling water to reheat them?  How does one dissect a full lobster?  I know there is a part by the head that you have to be careful of but where and how?  I really need some help on how to CSI and serve these things.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure of the reheat portion, but I know you twist the claws off and gently pull the meat out of them. You then pull each leg off and suck on those cause there is meat in the legs and then you use a knife and slit down the tummy area and pull out the meat. Yeah I heard about the green stuff in the head but a friend of mine says that is a delicacy, I told her she can have it!!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #755 on: June 21, 2009, 05:58:49 PM »

Thanks in advance.
NO don't re-boil them!  steam them for a minuet.  make sure the water is boiling before you put them on to steam.  maybe 2 min max and better if you can put a lid on it (not you:)) the lobster.  as far as breaking them open you need some good sharp shears and a nut cracker.  if you haven't had much lobster i would suggest you stick with the tail, and the claws.  you can eat all of it but some of the parts are not so tasty.  you don't have to take it apart first, just eat the pieces you want.  Lucky You...good luck on your tasty dinner.

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: June 21, 2009, 05:59:34 PM »

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure of the reheat portion, but I know you twist the claws off and gently pull the meat out of them. You then pull each leg off and suck on those cause there is meat in the legs and then you use a knife and slit down the tummy area and pull out the meat. Yeah I heard about the green stuff in the head but a friend of mine says that is a delicacy, I told her she can have it!!

Thanks Boo.  I really hope I can reheat them.  When you say legs, do you mean the itty bitty ones, or just the ones with the big arse claws?
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #757 on: June 21, 2009, 05:59:37 PM »

Thanks in advance.

This link has all the info you could ever want including pictures of how to eat the thing piece by piece.

http://www.gma.org/lobsters/eatingetc.html
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #758 on: June 21, 2009, 06:01:40 PM »

Thanks in advance.
whewwwwwwwww, I was almost afraid to come look at your post!  Been involved in too much sad advice situations lately.  I have no idea - don't like fishy stuff, but if the rubber bands are on still you can take them off now! LOL
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #759 on: June 21, 2009, 06:02:24 PM »

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Boo.  I really hope I can reheat them.  When you say legs, do you mean the itty bitty ones, or just the ones with the big arse claws?
i'm not Boo but you CAN eat them but i wouldn't do it...the big azz claws yummm

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.