April 30, 2024, 07:14:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #42 6/12/09 - 6/30/09  (Read 361375 times)
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #380 on: June 14, 2009, 09:17:36 PM »

I am so confused.    Two Betty Boops now??? 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #381 on: June 14, 2009, 09:20:54 PM »

Trimm, I'm going to do that with the caution tape with all the kids    only problem the parents wouldn't know what it means, so they still will all be hanging around my yard and garage. I'm losing it, one more ball on my balcony.....   I feel like the mean old lady that we were afraid of when we were kids 

Have you thought about spike strips on your balcony??
I'm so sick of this, and my complaints to the homeowner's association, I can't believe that I'm doing this, but every ball that lands on the balcony I throw away  I'm figuring eventually the balls will run out. I am not a mean person, but this has gone on to the point where you can't even hear the tv, I feel like I have pitched a tent in the middle of a grade school playground. Right now it is quiet, so I'm enjoying. 
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #382 on: June 14, 2009, 09:24:46 PM »

Yesterday I wrote a reply to CBB, only to catch myself just before hitting the "post" button... it was Capp!  And as I'm scrolling through the Caylee thread, I keep reading Capp's posts and thinking to myself, "Wow, CBB is really getting down and dirty into the legal aspects of the Caylee case!"  I was trying to remember where CBB is located, b/c today I thought it was she who was discussing the terrible weather passing through -- Nope!  It was the Mississippi gal, Capp!

Then again, I'm working on getting used to it.  After all, there is more than one Tinkerbell, and I think more than one Snoopy here... lots of kitties and doggies, and lots of MONKEYS!  Not to mention a few nekkid Monkeys who tend to look alike...

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #383 on: June 14, 2009, 09:26:57 PM »

I thought CBB decided to show her naughty side.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #384 on: June 14, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »

Yesterday I wrote a reply to CBB, only to catch myself just before hitting the "post" button... it was Capp!  And as I'm scrolling through the Caylee thread, I keep reading Capp's posts and thinking to myself, "Wow, CBB is really getting down and dirty into the legal aspects of the Caylee case!"  I was trying to remember where CBB is located, b/c today I thought it was she who was discussing the terrible weather passing through -- Nope!  It was the Mississippi gal, Capp!

Then again, I'm working on getting used to it.  After all, there is more than one Tinkerbell, and I think more than one Snoopy here... lots of kitties and doggies, and lots of MONKEYS!  Not to mention a few nekkid Monkeys who tend to look alike...

CBB will always be the only Betty Boop in my book!   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #385 on: June 14, 2009, 09:29:44 PM »

I thought CBB decided to show her naughty side.

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #386 on: June 14, 2009, 09:30:59 PM »

JSM...I can give you a little advice on your tv. Do you use rabbit ears for an antenna? If you do turn the converter box off and find the channel you like to watch and get it playing. Then turn your box back on and rescan. Everytime you move your antenna you have to rescan. Pain in the azz I know. S.C. offered free help to get them hooked up and so I called and ask for the help. Stupid man knew less than I did about it...so I worked it out myself. Then had to spray air freshner when he left. He smelled so bad. And buying a new TV. doesn't work either...you still have to have the box. But once I got mine hooked up I am geting more channels.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #387 on: June 14, 2009, 09:51:02 PM »

OMG this is shocking to me!!    

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526037,00.html

Blogger Admits Story of Terminally Ill Baby Is a Lie
Friday , June 12, 2009

A blogger who wrote of deciding to give birth to a terminally ill baby, attracting a following of thousands of supporters online, admits now that the entire story was made up.

The woman behind the hoax isn't "April's Mom" — a single expectant mother who lay awake at night terrified her unborn child would die at any time, according to the Chicago Tribune.

She is actually Beccah Beushausen, a 26-year-old social worker from the Chicago suburb of Mokenka who says she didn't know how to free herself from the web of lies she wove.

"Soon I was getting 100,000 hits a week, and it just got out of hand," she told the Tribune. "I didn't know how to stop. ... One lie led to another."

The blog reached its peak at nearly a million hits when Beushausen wrote that baby April Rose was born alive at home — and then died mere hours later, the paper reported.

Anti-abortion supporters were captivated by her story, logging on each night to read about her plight and saying they were praying for her.

Some followers even sent gifts and photographs to the post office box she listed online. Parenting Web sites that oppose abortion promoted her site.

But the web of lies began to unravel when a photo of a lifelike doll posted as a supposed picture of baby April Rose raised suspicions, according to the Tribune.

"I have that exact doll in my house," dollmaker and blog reader Elizabeth Russell of Buffalo, N.Y., told the newspaper. "As soon as I saw that picture, I knew it was a scam."

When supporters of "April's Mom" found out her story was fiction, they were outraged and demanded that the blogger be unmasked and held accountable.

"I know what I did was wrong," Beushausen told the Tribune. "I've been getting hate mail. I'm sorry because people were so emotionally involved."

There's no evidence that Beushausen profited financially from the hoax or committed a crime.

"You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't fool all  of the people all of the time."
That's been on my mind for a while.  Muffy

I can't get this story out of my head either.  

I am as paranoid as MM now - which isn't good.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #388 on: June 14, 2009, 10:02:05 PM »

Thanks Boo. I guess I was either a little young to remember this or because it was National League I never heard about it. I'm glad it made your day. I just hope I don't get booted for off topic.   
PS, if Red or Blink or Klaas are listening, how does one make up their own blog (not that anyone would look at mine if I had one). That is one thing I would love to do so I don't have to post off topic stuff on the monkeys. TIA JSM
O/T, Sorry --> JSM, that was an awesome video.  I never knew that happened and it was so moving to watch the video on Flag Day.  You would be a great blogger; if you do create your own blog be sure and let us know.  I'll be a regular reader!  Hugs.

Trimm's back!  Glad to see you -- we were getting worried!
Thanks Desi Couldn't have done it without your help. As you can tell I could never have my own blog, I can't even post a youtube on SM.  Monkey Devil! But if ever I become clever and have my own blog, I will let you know. Thanks again for all your help. JSM
MESSAGE FOR JSM:
You are most welcome; you are the one who figured it out.  JSM you are very clever already. You have interesting things to say, a readable writing style, and plenty of humor, passion and principles.  O/T is frowned upon in the missing persons threads of a public forum maybe, but it can be interesting reading.  Your post in Musings earlier about the whole TV fiasco was quite entertaining.  You honestly should think about it.

Info for you, along with a hug.  http://en.wordpress.com/features/

Desi? I don't know what to say, mainly about the readable writing style. I am humbled for the compliment. I read many blogs, most have very interesting posts, but also some naughty bits in them. I also read quite a bit of religious blogs too. This has been something that I have thought about for a while, but I didn't think I had the smarts to do it. Thanks for your advice I will look into the link. I just wish I was as smart and could ask the questions that you ask. TIA JSM  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #389 on: June 14, 2009, 10:07:15 PM »

Trimm, I'm going to do that with the caution tape with all the kids    only problem the parents wouldn't know what it means, so they still will all be hanging around my yard and garage. I'm losing it, one more ball on my balcony.....   I feel like the mean old lady that we were afraid of when we were kids 

Have you thought about spike strips on your balcony??
I'm so sick of this, and my complaints to the homeowner's association, I can't believe that I'm doing this, but every ball that lands on the balcony I throw away  I'm figuring eventually the balls will run out. I am not a mean person, but this has gone on to the point where you can't even hear the tv, I feel like I have pitched a tent in the middle of a grade school playground. Right now it is quiet, so I'm enjoying. 

I am glad that it is quiet now. We once had neighbors that the teenage boys would bounce a basketball day in and day out in the street, on the porch of their house, in the drive, incessantly driving you to the point of going crazy. I am not speaking of during the daytime, which was bad enough, but into the 2-3 o'clock am range, only to start up again around 5 or 6am. Opening a window was impossible.

If that wasn't bad enough, they had cars with big booming speakers, and they would sit out in the street or their backyard and blast them at the same hours. Dishes would rattle in the cabinets, windows and doors would rattle, sleep was impossible. There was no reasoning with them, their parents were no help, police didn't help. We finally moved. Now when I hear a bouncing basketball or a booming car, my teeth go on edge. There is something to be said for living in an area with mostly older people and noise ordinance laws. I like my peace and quiet, and to be able to hear the birds singing.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #390 on: June 14, 2009, 10:09:15 PM »

OK, I know it's early but......YIPPEE LAKERS!

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #391 on: June 14, 2009, 10:11:08 PM »

Thanks Desi Couldn't have done it without your help. As you can tell I could never have my own blog, I can't even post a youtube on SM.  Monkey Devil! But if ever I become clever and have my own blog, I will let you know. Thanks again for all your help. JSM
MESSAGE FOR JSM:
You are most welcome; you are the one who figured it out.  JSM you are very clever already. You have interesting things to say, a readable writing style, and plenty of humor, passion and principles.  O/T is frowned upon in the missing persons threads of a public forum maybe, but it can be interesting reading.  Your post in Musings earlier about the whole TV fiasco was quite entertaining.  You honestly should think about it.
Info for you, along with a hug.  http://en.wordpress.com/features/
Desi? I don't know what to say, mainly about the readable writing style. I am humbled for the compliment. I read many blogs, most have very interesting posts, but also some naughty bits in them. I also read quite a bit of religious blogs too. This has been something that I have thought about for a while, but I didn't think I had the smarts to do it. Thanks for your advice I will look into the link. I just wish I was as smart and could ask the questions that you ask. TIA JSM  an angelic monkey
You, my friend, have much wisdom, common sense, and insight.  The only time you say anything "dumb" is when you say you aren't smart!  If you created a blog I know you would make it a really interesting, funny, touching one that a lot of people would enjoy reading.  Hugs.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: June 14, 2009, 10:13:25 PM »

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #393 on: June 14, 2009, 10:16:06 PM »

Yep, Magic blew it!! 

At least I still have this!  My favorite team!   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: June 14, 2009, 10:20:25 PM »

Yes but I photoshopped the 2009 on the Lakers banner  Monkey Devil!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #395 on: June 14, 2009, 10:26:22 PM »

Yes but I photoshopped the 2009 on the Lakers banner  Monkey Devil!

Yes, I saw that!   Monkey Devil!

Isn't it amazing what can be done with photoshop? 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #396 on: June 14, 2009, 10:37:10 PM »

JSM...I can give you a little advice on your tv. Do you use rabbit ears for an antenna? If you do turn the converter box off and find the channel you like to watch and get it playing. Then turn your box back on and rescan. Everytime you move your antenna you have to rescan. Pain in the azz I know. S.C. offered free help to get them hooked up and so I called and ask for the help. Stupid man knew less than I did about it...so I worked it out myself. Then had to spray air freshner when he left. He smelled so bad. And buying a new TV. doesn't work either...you still have to have the box. But once I got mine hooked up I am geting more channels.
Thanks for the insight about the convertor Box Darla. I promise I will have my 16 yo nephew come and figure it out if I can't do it. At least I know he smells good and all I have to pay him is a pizza for dinner. Thanks for letting me know. TIA JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #397 on: June 14, 2009, 11:09:13 PM »

Didn't I just hear they won. So you were just a lttle bit early. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #398 on: June 14, 2009, 11:41:15 PM »

Didn't I just hear they won. So you were just a lttle bit early. 

She was just rubbing it in!   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #399 on: June 14, 2009, 11:42:46 PM »

Green Eyes - I was an entire quarter early! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.