May 01, 2024, 06:33:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #42 6/12/09 - 6/30/09  (Read 361687 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1420 on: June 27, 2009, 10:43:40 PM »

Yep Sunny.  Probably been there and back.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1421 on: June 27, 2009, 10:44:02 PM »

I planted some dark purple morning glories and some dark blue ones on the black chain link fence around my garden.  I wasn't sure how I would like them, since I usually do the traditional softer old time colors, but WOW!  It's turning out nice.  I planted some moonflowers in there, but they don't bloom same time as morning glories  but the larger, lighter colored leaves make a nice contrast.

I'll bet they are beautiful...I love moon flowers too....perhaps I will plants some next year....I did get wisteria in last year and the vine is doing well...but no blooms yet...and my hardy hibiscus are huge with a lot of buds!!  It was really difficult changing from all tropical to plants in MO...I miss the palms trees...I was given some foxglove plants todays...I don't know anything about them...will have to research ...all I know is they take full sun.....our back yard tree is still little so we don't have any shade...

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1422 on: June 27, 2009, 10:47:09 PM »

Yeah, they are all saying they knew I was a pig, LOL 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1423 on: June 27, 2009, 10:47:56 PM »

The foxglove (digitalis) should do fine in full sun.  Just remember though it's bad, really bad for kids and pets (and monkeys) if they eat it.

Sweet potato vines are popular around here for hanging baskets.  There are the green ones and the deep purple ones, and some people do a pretty mix.

Last year my potted coneflowers croaked.  It's like they got a fungus or something.  Turks cap is growing wild.  I found some four o'clock plants, but they turned out white.  I wanted the hot pink    There is also a gold color, but don't care for it.  Lantana is doing well, as is the ox eye daisies

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1424 on: June 27, 2009, 10:48:12 PM »

Yep, not looking good  .  Mytime, glad you are wearing your mask, LOLOL   Monkey Devil!

Klaas, sounds like you are feeling a "little better" today.  Take good care and go to the doctor and get yourself counted for swine flu.

My sister is out of rehab and home and is doing great.  They took out stitches before they released her and her hair is starting to grow back out.  She called me last night, said "where have you been?".  I had to tell her I went to the dentist, had 2 teeth prepared for crowns and a bridge to boot also and I now have infected gums, mouth, I have blisters all over the gums, roof of mouth, starting down in my throat and running a fever.  I called the dentist yesterday and he didn't get back to me til this morning, ran in to his office and he gave me a mouth rinse for bacteria and said try this for a few days.  Guess what, he is on vacation all next week and I have to suffer til he gets back.  A contraption he put in my mouth was metal and I am allergic to metal and latex and guess the metal caused the blisters and infection.  I AM IN PAIN........................... Monkey Devil!

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1425 on: June 27, 2009, 10:48:23 PM »

Well, the jokes on them though isn't it   Monkey Devil!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1426 on: June 27, 2009, 10:48:33 PM »

Sunny~  I have oregano, thyme, rosemary (grows like a weed, and the deer don't eat it), foxglove, fennel, garlic, marjoram, sage, chives etc.-my dh and I like to cook and enjoy the fresh herbs.  I planted basil, but it takes so dang much to make pesto.  (except for the foxglove, no cooking with that of course)

You should go ahead and plant those sunflower seeds.  It's worth a try. 

WOW...I love your herb garden...oh my...I just mentioned foxglove in my last post.....I have 3-4 big basil plants.....it's probably my favorite herb...love sliced fresh maters, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil with good balsamic vinegar drizzled over it...yummy!!  I have never planted fennel but do love it....is it easy to grow??

So what is the foxglove for??

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1427 on: June 27, 2009, 10:49:08 PM »

Yep Sunny.  Probably been there and back.   

bet you are right...IDIOTS!  LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1428 on: June 27, 2009, 10:49:24 PM »

And they think they are soooo loverly and nice. Can't understand why people don't  "like" them.
Cripes.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1429 on: June 27, 2009, 10:50:17 PM »

but they are IDIOTS!  LOL....but you are a cute pig!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1430 on: June 27, 2009, 10:53:15 PM »

That's ok! They actually think they are better then everyone!  They are the great researchers.   
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1431 on: June 27, 2009, 10:53:46 PM »

The foxglove (digitalis) should do fine in full sun.  Just remember though it's bad, really bad for kids and pets (and monkeys) if they eat it.

OK....my dogs won't ea it I am sure.....they are so spoiled.....I cook for them!  LOL

Sweet potato vines are popular around here for hanging baskets.  There are the green ones and the deep purple ones, and some people do a pretty mix.

We had lots of sweet potato vines in Houston too.....

Last year my potted coneflowers croaked.  It's like they got a fungus or something.  Turks cap is growing wild.  I found some four o'clock plants, but they turned out white.  I wanted the hot pink    There is also a gold color, but don't care for it.  Lantana is doing well, as is the ox eye daisies

Sounds like the BEE has a green thumb!! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1432 on: June 27, 2009, 10:54:18 PM »

The foxglove is for enjoying the looks of, and for the humming birds.  I was told fennel wouldn't do well where I live, but it's doing just fine.  It's nice to use the slender pieces with baked fish.  There are recipes for the bulb too, but I don't like taking the whole thing up. 

Blue Moon~  I'm glad to hear your sister is doing better.  But I'm so very sorry to hear about all of the pain you are having in your mouth.  It sounds awful. I think you would have to be careful of any thing that might numb, because it could affect swallowing or you may bite your cheek.  Would you be able to use a very mild saline rinse?  Salt water is healing.  However, I wouldn't want you to do anything without checking with a doctor, with your mouth in such a state.  I hope you feel better soon.

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1433 on: June 27, 2009, 10:55:30 PM »

That's ok! They actually think they are better then everyone!  They are the great researchers.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1434 on: June 27, 2009, 10:55:52 PM »

Was that the cue for "oooohhhhmmmmmm"?  Channeling for research ya' know. 

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1435 on: June 27, 2009, 10:56:25 PM »

Yep, not looking good  .  Mytime, glad you are wearing your mask, LOLOL   Monkey Devil!

Klaas, sounds like you are feeling a "little better" today.  Take good care and go to the doctor and get yourself counted for swine flu.

My sister is out of rehab and home and is doing great.  They took out stitches before they released her and her hair is starting to grow back out.  She called me last night, said "where have you been?".  I had to tell her I went to the dentist, had 2 teeth prepared for crowns and a bridge to boot also and I now have infected gums, mouth, I have blisters all over the gums, roof of mouth, starting down in my throat and running a fever.  I called the dentist yesterday and he didn't get back to me til this morning, ran in to his office and he gave me a mouth rinse for bacteria and said try this for a few days.  Guess what, he is on vacation all next week and I have to suffer til he gets back.  A contraption he put in my mouth was metal and I am allergic to metal and latex and guess the metal caused the blisters and infection.  I AM IN PAIN........................... Monkey Devil!

I am glad to hear your sis is home an that her hair is growing back....sorry you are in pain....when anything hurts in ones mouth it is PAIN....but this sounds terrible...so sorry....

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1436 on: June 27, 2009, 10:57:18 PM »

LOL..it always is that's why they are IDIOTS!

Rest in Peace Caylee

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1437 on: June 27, 2009, 10:58:49 PM »

Blue Moon - OUCH!!  I am so sorry!!  Does your dentist have anyone on call?

Glad to hear your sister is doing better!   an angelic monkey
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1438 on: June 27, 2009, 10:58:51 PM »

OMG Bluemoon - that's horrible!  Sounds like your sister is doing better though so that's good!

I'm allergic to metal too and I found out after having a mole removed from my back that I'm allergic to the sticky on bandaids.  I really didn't need it removed and next time I won't.  Like you the aftermath was worse than the procedure.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1439 on: June 27, 2009, 10:58:54 PM »

think???? they don't think they just SPEW!!!  Glad you are back...how the chinese??

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.