March 28, 2024, 05:49:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's Double Standards?  (Read 1718 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 27, 2009, 08:03:05 AM »

Obama wants to find someone with empathy for the Supreme Court.  What does empathy have to do with adhering to the rule of law, or being fair and balance?  Doing the right thing, even when it makes you feel bad?

Does the person with 'empathy' always do the right thing?  Follow the rule of law?  Or, does empathy give them the option of making things up as they go along?

From the Notre Dame speech -

Occasionally, you may have the great fortune of actually seeing important issues debated by people who do know what they're talking about -- by well-intentioned people with brilliant minds and mastery of the facts.

It's no coincidence that it exists in Christianity and Judaism; in Islam and Hinduism; in Buddhism and humanism. It is, of course, the Golden Rule -- the call to treat one another as we wish to be treated.

Would you want to treat people with empathy or fairness?  What about a contract to fix the roof on your house.  If something bad happend and you lose your money to an unsavory character, do you want the judge to look at the case according to the rule of law, or based on how empathic they are towards you and the other side?  What if you're not the most likeable or charismatic?  Should the judge hold your looks or personality against you?

I seem to think Obama in many speeches want to follow the rule of law when it involves causes he favors - terrorists, terrorism, abortion, guns, restricting religion...

When it come to other causes, he wants to use emotion and false reasoning - illegal immigration, healthcare, welfare...

Anyone else?

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 08:19:22 AM »

I have wondered in the past about Obama lacking empathy for the victims of terrorists.

Many died horrible brutal deaths on 9/11.  How terrified were those people trapped in those buildings and airplanes, smelling smoke, feeling their flesh burning, or jumping to their death. 

There was no medical doctor on hand to ensure their safety while they suffered.  Their was no rehoming or relocation plan, no chance to argue their case for life in a court of law.

Justice belonged to terrorists that day in September.  Justice wasn't blind, it was directed at thousands who perished and were injured, those they left behind, and a global population that watched on TV, the internet, and listened over the radio.  Global response for this American tragedy was unprecedented. 

For some reason, there is little if any empathy for the folks that were died or injured in September. 

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 09:30:16 AM »

Does Barack respect diversity in America? 

The United States of America is made up of 50 unique states.

Where is the respect shown for the governments and peoples of this nation?  I watch Barack on TV and read the news about how he falls all over himself to be nice to leaders of other nations, but does not give the leaders of the fifty United States (or territories) the same respectful treatment.  Does Barack respect diversity in the U.S.?

The fifty states have very different needs, economies, and have always competed with one another for jobs and people, and worked to create a good standard of living for their citizens.

Boom!  Crash!  The Federal government, and now this new administration continues to destroy all the good things about America.  Jobs aren't leaving for another state, they're going to foreigners.  Energy will kill Americans who can no longer stretch their dollars to pay for utilities and basics.  Does Barack care?  I don't think so.  He worries more about the poor of other nations.

The new energy legislation looks more like a welfare and unemployment gift to big states that fail to manage their budgets. 

Why isn't the Federal government doing something to STOP the flow of people, drugs, and guns from Mexico and South America?

12-40 million illegals and their families, from a variety of other nations, aren't cheap to care for.  We can't afford the legal folks, how can the nation afford all these others?

When will the government decide that crime shouldn't pay for people here illegally?  How many benefits checks are cashed or used by illegals?

We have an orderly immigration program in this country.  Why doesn't the government enforce the law?  Require the use of E-Verify?

When will the government respect the fifty states?

When does America come first?

jmho

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 09:59:47 PM »

For some reason, there is little if any empathy for the folks that were died or injured in September. 

jmho

Do you have any verifiable (sourced) material that proves how President Obama feels no empathy for the victims of 9/11?

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 10:47:30 AM »

jmho

Do you have any verifiable (sourced) material that proves how President Obama feels no empathy for the victims of 9/11?

I stated an opinion.  jmho = just my humble opinion

It also seems to me that bombings, violence along the border with Mexico, job losses are escalating since Barack took office.  North Korea is out of control, the MidEast is out of control, and this looks to be just the beginning.

What is Barack doing to secure the border with Mexico and prevent the continued flow of drugs, guns, and violence?  The tsunami of illegal aliens?  Other illegal aliens may not come here from Mexico, but iirc they are fewer in number.

What is Barack doing to to stop American deaths in the MiddleEast?  Disengage in Pakistan and Afghanistan? 

Sometimes I look at the news and think he's arming the terrorists, not trying to stop the violence.  Money and humanitarian aid always seems to get redirected to dictators and really bad people.  The money to rebuild and prevent human tragedy seems to buy guns and weapons of mass destruction - all funded by U.S. taxpayers - the globes new slave class.

jmho - just my humble opinions

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.