March 18, 2024, 09:52:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MISSING OCOEE WOMAN: TRACY OCASIO LAST SEEN IN ORLANDO #1 5/29/09 -  (Read 320776 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: July 31, 2009, 11:41:10 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/20235092/detail.html

Police Say New Tip In Ocasio Case "Credible"
Posted: 7:38 am EDT July 31, 2009
Updated: 7:42 am EDT July 31, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Investigators may have a new lead in the disappearance of missing Ocoee woman Tracy Ocasio.

A man who has been in Ohio for the last several months returned to Orlando and told police he saw what looked like Ocasio's car the night she disappeared in a wooded area near Binion Road off Apopka-Ocoee.

Police say that the tip is credible and that it fits the timeline of the Ocasio case.

On Saturday, a search team looking for Jennifer Kesse will also search for Ocasio in the area indicated by the tip.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: July 31, 2009, 11:44:52 AM »

Call Tim Miller and bring in Texas Equasearch.. mo.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #322 on: July 31, 2009, 12:11:29 PM »

Call Tim Miller and bring in Texas Equasearch.. mo.
Tim Miller was there and left on June 20th.  Maybe he will return with this new tip forthcoming?  I hope so...

http://texasequusearch.org/2009/06/search-for-missing-woman-tracy-ocasio-orlando-fl/

SEARCH FOR TRACY OCASIO AND CHRIS GEORGE WILL BE SUSPENDED AFTER SATURDAY, JUNE 20, 2009

Tim Miller, Founder and Director of Texas EquuSearch announced today that the search for Tracy Ocasio and Chris George will be suspended after Saturday. If after further investigation into these cases Law Enforcement requests assistance for further searching, TES members will be ready to respond. The Ocasio family has been kept up to date on the plan to suspend the search.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Calilady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #323 on: July 31, 2009, 04:01:06 PM »

Thanks for keeping us the Ocasio family members informed of the latest involving the search for Tracy.  Your site as well as Blinks, have been of such a consolation for us who are spread all over the States, as well as the world.  I learned more from your site than from the so call media.  I do hope that this new lead brings Tracy home. Her dad needs to find his girls body, so that she gets to rest properly.Thank you all that have been praying. It is ultimately your prayers that will bring Tracy home.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #324 on: July 31, 2009, 06:45:52 PM »

Ocoee police are investigating a tip that may lead them closer to finding Tracy Ocasio, who has been missing since late May. A caller reported seeing Ocasio's yellow Chevrolet Cobalt parked on the wrong side of a two-lane road near a wooded area the night she disappeared. Police said it was the first credible tip they have received about the missing 27-year-old's car since she was reported missing May 27. The parents of missing Orlando woman Jennifer Kesse have organized a search to look for their missing daughter this weekend. Some of the search areas overlap possible locations where Ocasio may be, said Liz Ocasio, Tracy's mother. It wasn't clear Thursday whether the search teams would look in the wooded area where her car was seen by the tipster.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1015477205&start=6

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #325 on: July 31, 2009, 06:56:53 PM »

Why do the parents have to organize that search ??  LE keeps acting like families under stress are the right parties to organize searches for there missing loved ones..There is NO common sense in that line of thinking in my humble opinion..
Where are the professionals ?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #326 on: July 31, 2009, 07:13:35 PM »

Any update on the body discovered on July 21st?  Other than to say it is not Tracy?

Yeah......apparently they know who she is, but are unable to locate next of kin so they are not releasing her name.>>>>>>>

........the body of a woman was found by a jogger on Ondich Road in Apopka. Investigators have been unable to locate the next of kin for that victim, described only as a white woman.

While investigators have confirmed that the woman appears to be a victim of homicide, they have not released any further details in the ongoing investigation.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/072809_Body_found_in_Apopka_IDed
Don't be confused by the pix of the guy, lol...that was another story.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: July 31, 2009, 08:02:03 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/7/30/police_looking_into_credible_tip_ocasios_parents_say.html
 Police Looking Into Credible Tip, Ocasio’s Parents Say
Friday, July 31, 2009 1:17:12 AM
OCOEE -- There may be a new search this weekend for missing woman Tracy Ocasio.

Her parents said police are looking into a credible tip of a car that was found in a wooded area.

However, Ocoee police have not released the exact location of the car.

Ocasio has been missing since late May when she gave James Hataway a ride home from a MetroWest bar.

Meanwhile, a large scale search for Jennifer Kesse is planned for this weekend.
The search is being organized by Kesse's parents.

Kesse has been missing since 2006, and there is some speculation that Hataway may also be connected to her disappearance.

Trained volunteers from across Florida will meet at the First Baptist Church of Orlando.

Ocasio's mother said if there is time after the search for Kesse, they will also search the tipster area for any signs of Tracy Ocasio.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: August 01, 2009, 09:31:24 AM »

Volunteers Search Orange County For Two Missing Women

Posted: 9:06 am EDT August 1, 2009Updated: 9:13 am EDT August 1, 2009
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Trained search volunteers are searching for two missing women, Jennifer Kesse and Tracy Ocasio.

Searchers gathered Saturday morning with helicopters, K-9 search teams, air boats and ATV’s to look for the missing women.

Ocasio was last seen in May with James Hataway, the prime suspect in her disappearance.

A man who recently returned from Ohio told police he saw what looked like Ocasio’s car, the night she disappeared, near Binion Road and Apopka-Ocoee Road. This tip prompted the search for Ocasio.

The search group was already planning to search this weekend for signs of Jennifer Kesse. She disappeared in 2006
http://www.wftv.com/news/20247612/detail.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: August 01, 2009, 01:05:35 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20235363/detail.html
Intense Search Under Way For Kesse, Ocasio
Trained Volunteers Use K-9 Units, ATVs

POSTED: 8:16 am EDT July 31, 2009
UPDATED: 11:55 am EDT August 1, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A large-scale search effort kicked off Saturday morning to find two missing Central Florida women.

Jennifer Kesse has been missing since 2006 and Tracy Ocasio disappeared in May.

Trained volunteers from across the state met at the First Baptist Church of Orlando Saturday morning.

The searchers used K-9 units, all-terrain vehicles and high-tech equipment to try to find the women.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: August 01, 2009, 04:52:42 PM »

UPDATED: 4:02 pm EDT August 1, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A large-scale search effort kicked off Saturday morning to find two missing Central Florida women.

Jennifer Kesse has been missing since 2006, and Tracy Ocasio disappeared in May.
Watch video. http://www.wesh.com/video/20248240/index.html
Trained volunteers from across the state met at the First Baptist Church of Orlando Saturday morning.

The searchers used K-9 units, all-terrain vehicles and high-tech equipment to try to find the women.

"How do you decide? I don't understand when people ask us, 'When will you give up?'" said Joyce Kesse, Jennifer's mother. "I just can't wrap my head around it."

Joyce and her husband, Drew, stood united on Saturday, front and center as professional searchers prepared to head out and look for their daughter.

The last time anyone saw Jennifer Kesse was Jan. 24, 2006. Authorities said they believe someone abducted her at or near her Orlando apartment in the Mosaic at Millenia condo complex.

Almost four years later, her parents seemed as hopeful as ever and refused to give up on finding their only daughter.

"We're not letting evil win twice," Joyce Kesse said. "That's probably one of our biggest things. Evil will not win twice."
"We have lives," Drew Kesse said. "We understand bad happens, we do. We are doing things about it. It just can't rip you until you can't do anything about it...then what good are you?"

Searchers are trekking through the thick brush in the heat, hoping to find any clues over the weekend.

Mike Coffey, a professional and certified searcher with Search and Rescue of Central Florida, is also a schoolteacher.

"I take the love of helping people and the love of being in the woods and, voila, I am here," he said.

When asked if he'd ever give up, he said, "No not at all. There's always hope, you know? You just keep doing what you can do and keep hoping."

The Kesses said they'll never give up hope for their daughter.

The search for her and Ocasio will resume Sunday morning.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: August 01, 2009, 05:39:05 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/8/1/searchers_to_track_clues_in_kesse_ocasio_cases.html
 Searchers Halt For The Day In Kesse, Ocasio Cases
Saturday, August 01, 2009 3:04:23 PM

Reported By Nick VinZant

ORLANDO -- More than six hours of searching Saturday produced no evidence in the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse, a woman who disappeared without a trace in 2006.

For the latest search, half a dozen teams of certified search and rescue volunteers looked at areas by her home near the Mall at Millenia. The search was centered around the intersection of John Young Parkway and Presidents Drive.

These same spots were covered before but searchers didn't find anything.

Neither Orlando police nor Orange County deputies are involved in today's search.

The volunteers covered a three-mile radius around the intersection and called it off to avoid rising temperature. But they will return Sunday.

"It's painful for me. We know the statistics and we know the realities," said Joyce Kesse, Jennifer's mom.
The searchers relied on an unusual tool, a radio-controlled aircraft equipped with a remote control camera.

The only clue in the case is a three-year-old surveillance video of a man seen getting out of her car nearby then walking away.

Kesse is not the only case volunteers are looking into.

Searchers also covered the same ground looking out for any signs of Tracy Ocasio of Ocoee who has been missing since May.

Some areas in the Kesse case overlap areas where they are seeking clues in the Ocasio search.

Police are still examining a credible tip in the Ocasio case after a man came forward saying he saw Ocasio's car parked along a road the night she disappeared. The yellow Chevrolet Cobalt was seen parked on the wrong side of a two-lane road near a wooded area around the time she disappeared.

Saturday marked the first time Kesse's parents met Liz Ocasio, Tracy's mom.

Liz Ocasio vowed in July to dog James Hataway, possibly the last person to see Tracy Ocasio, at every court appearance.

Tracy Ocasio has been missing since she gave James Hataway a ride home from a MetroWest bar.

Hataway remains the only person of interest in her disappearance.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: August 02, 2009, 10:10:12 AM »

UPDATED: 9:49 am EDT August 2, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A large-scale search effort continued Sunday morning to find two missing Central Florida women.

Jennifer Kesse has been missing since 2006, and Tracy Ocasio disappeared in May.

"How do you decide? I don't understand when people ask us, 'When will you give up?'" said Joyce Kesse, Jennifer's mother. "I just can't wrap my head around it."

Joyce and her husband, Drew, stood united on Saturday, front and center as professional searchers prepared to head out and look for their daughter.

The last time anyone saw Jennifer Kesse was Jan. 24, 2006. Authorities said they believe someone abducted her at or near her Orlando apartment in the Mosaic at Millenia condo complex.

Almost four years later, her parents seemed as hopeful as ever and refused to give up on finding their only daughter.

"We're not letting evil win twice," Joyce Kesse said. "That's probably one of our biggest things. Evil will not win twice."
"We have lives," Drew Kesse said. "We understand bad happens, we do. We are doing things about it. It just can't rip you until you can't do anything about it...then what good are you?"

Searchers are trekking through the thick brush in the heat, hoping to find any clues over the weekend.

Mike Coffey, a professional and certified searcher with Search and Rescue of Central Florida, is also a schoolteacher.

"I take the love of helping people and the love of being in the woods and, voila, I am here," he said.

When asked if he'd ever give up, he said, "No not at all. There's always hope, you know? You just keep doing what you can do and keep hoping."

The Kesses said they'll never give up hope for their daughter.

The search for her and Ocasio will resume Sunday morning.

~ Peter Frampton
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #333 on: August 02, 2009, 01:13:44 PM »

Volunteers Search For Jennifer Kesse
Posted: 9:06 am EDT August 1, 2009
Updated: 9:38 am EDT August 2, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The search for Jennifer Kesse continues in Orange County.

Kesse disappeared in January of 2006 when she was abducted outside her Orlando apartment.

Several search groups gathered at the search command post Saturday morning to go over what areas they would be searching.

In addition to manpower, searchers used an amphibious car, K-9 search teams, and airboats in an attempt to rule out more areas where Kesse could be.

For Jennifer’s mother, Joyce Kesse, their search seems endless, but the searching helps, even if nothing is found.

"We don't know what happened. We don't know if she's dead, but hopefully something will be revealed."

The search will continue all weekend. Local law enforcement is not involved in the search but say they will be ready and available if anything is found.

At one point, search teams were also going to search an area of interest in the case of Missing Ocoee woman Tracy Ocasio. They have since decided to call off that search, saying the Kesse search area is so large they wont have the time or resources to search another area.

http://www.wftv.com/news/20247612/detail.html

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: August 02, 2009, 01:46:09 PM »

That's too bad they aren't going to search that area for Tracy.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: August 02, 2009, 03:53:59 PM »

I agree.Very sad.   

~ Peter Frampton
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #336 on: August 02, 2009, 05:47:29 PM »

I agree.Very sad.   
Not searching today, but here's a glimmer of hope:

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/8/2/kesse_ocasio_search_ends_with_no_new_clues.html

Kesse, Ocasio Search Ends With No New Clues
Sunday, August 02, 2009 3:18:09 PM
ORLANDO -- The newest search for Jennifer Kesse wrapped up Sunday with no signs of the missing Orlando woman.

Nearly three dozen specially trained volunteers, along with search dogs, were back out near Kesse's home near the Mall at Millenia searching for any signs that could help in the investigation.

Searchers went into the weekend knowing it would be tough to find any clues.  But they say their work in Central Florida may not be done.

They now say they're working on a new search for missing Ocoee woman Tracy Ocasio.

"That is in the planning stage at this point,” said searcher Joe St. Cyr.  “We've been in the planning stages with the family, but we also need to contact Ocoee police before we do any type of search but that is in the works at this time."

Ocasio hasn't been seen since late May when she left a MetroWest bar with James Hataway.  He's a person of interest in the case.  Hataway is behind bars on other charges.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: August 02, 2009, 06:31:02 PM »

Thanks Lovin'   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #338 on: August 03, 2009, 10:47:34 AM »

Why do the parents have to organize that search ??  LE keeps acting like families under stress are the right parties to organize searches for there missing loved ones..There is NO common sense in that line of thinking in my humble opinion..
Where are the professionals ?

LE sponsored exactly one 1/2 day search (sponsored meaning they provided security and lunch to searchers) for TES in an area previously searched (allegedly by LE). That's it. I completely agree with you. There's plenty of drug busts, therefore drug money in evidence in there, maybe they should take a clue from OCSO. From an inset command perspective, the family is the very last people that should be coordinating a search; breaks my heart.

Lastly, I dont believe they are not releasing the woman's name that was found on 7/21 because they cannot locate next of kin. Their was no missing person report outstanding so they had to ID her somehow. I guess it did not occur to them that if they know who she is but cant find her family, announcing who she is via the news will potentially find them and generate leads.

What a contrast from OCSO.
B
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #339 on: August 03, 2009, 10:55:22 AM »

Blink, did you attend the search this weekend?  Comments?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.