March 18, 2024, 09:30:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MISSING OCOEE WOMAN: TRACY OCASIO LAST SEEN IN ORLANDO #1 5/29/09 -  (Read 320774 times)
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #340 on: August 03, 2009, 04:04:00 PM »

Blink, did you attend the search this weekend?  Comments?

I did not, I was on location on another case, but I was speaking to several that were. It was professional teams only, no volunteers, no new clues. I am hopeful however, they are going to plot a seperate search for Tracy. Personally, I think they should be focusing more on the area around Jenn's work than her condo.
B
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #341 on: August 03, 2009, 04:35:22 PM »

I did not, I was on location on another case, but I was speaking to several that were. It was professional teams only, no volunteers, no new clues. I am hopeful however, they are going to plot a seperate search for Tracy. Personally, I think they should be focusing more on the area around Jenn's work than her condo.
B

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #342 on: August 03, 2009, 07:12:24 PM »

B

Thanks Blink.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #343 on: August 04, 2009, 07:31:20 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/20268589/detail.html

Cops To Search New Location For Missing Woman

Posted: 5:52 pm EDT August 3, 2009
Updated: 6:05 pm EDT August 3, 2009

OCOEE, Fla. -- Eyewitness News has confirmed that police will search a new location this week for the body of missing Ocoee woman, Tracy Ocasio.

They received a credible tip that Tracy's car was spotted on Binion Road on the border of Apopka and Ocoee the night she disappeared.

The tip perfectly matches the police timeline.

The tipster told officers that he came around the corner on Binion Road and that's when he saw headlights facing the wrong way and coming from a bright yellow car. It was hours after Tracy disappeared.

The call came in through Crimeline and by Thursday the tip had been verified and the search zone cross checked. Police knew where they needed to look, and knew it was an area that had not been searched before.

"I'm really praying and hoping what he saw was our daughter's car. It narrows the search what happened to her," said Joe Ocasio, Tracy's father.

The area was suppose to be searched over the weekend by a team looking for Jennifer Kesse, but those searchers ran out of time and that's when Ocoee police started coordinating their own team. One problem is that the search area borders Apopka and now two jurisdictions have to be involved.

"I wanted to know are we coming here tonight, I can help, are we here in the morning," said Joe Ocasio.

69 days after their daughter Tracy left the Tap Room with James Hataway, the Ocasios know a little more about her whereabouts than they did the night she disappeared.

"We need to find out who's done this that will bring closure, this is by far not over, and we hope, we do find her," said Joe Ocasio.

Those answers could lie with the latest tip, a man who works at Disney and returned from a business trip only to realize he may hold the key. He told police he drives a bright yellow Mustang and that's why the bright yellow car, similar to Tracy's, he saw that night stuck out in his head.

Ocoee police are working to coordinate agencies, cadaver dogs and ATVs to search the woods on Wednesday.

James Hataway is the prime suspect in Tracy Ocasio's disappearance. His next court date is currently set for August 10.

Hataway is being held at the Seminole County jail on unrelated charges. He's accused of attacking a Casselberry woman.

Tracy Ocasio's birthday is just a few days away. On August 10, she'll be 28.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #344 on: August 04, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »

The area was suppose to be searched over the weekend by a team looking for Jennifer Kesse, but those searchers ran out of time and that's when Ocoee police started coordinating their own team. One problem is that the search area borders Apopka and now two jurisdictions have to be involved.

First let me say I am happy they are searching...

Now for my upset part.. lol

Politics !! Jurisdiction? Crap!
 What is LE waiting for ?? The culprits friends to come and move a body ??
Waiting to see if another search team will go look ? Oh they did not make it so oh well we will go look ..umm..how about this week end ??

WTF is wrong with that picture.. LE should have been at the spot with Dogs and Cats and Professional Police officers to look over the scene..Immediately !
No wonder crimes are not being solved.

These people just piss me off... Sorry for the Rant.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #345 on: August 04, 2009, 04:21:59 PM »

First let me say I am happy they are searching...

Now for my upset part.. lol

Politics !! Jurisdiction? Crap!
 What is LE waiting for ?? The culprits friends to come and move a body ??
Waiting to see if another search team will go look ? Oh they did not make it so oh well we will go look ..umm..how about this week end ??

WTF is wrong with that picture.. LE should have been at the spot with Dogs and Cats and Professional Police officers to look over the scene..Immediately !
No wonder crimes are not being solved.

These people just piss me off... Sorry for the Rant.

Let me say that in all my experience, I have never heard of it being a "problem" organizing a search over 2 jurisdictions that border each other. This screams infighting to me, plain and simple. What the hazmat is the FDLE for? This is approximately 4 mi North of where Chris George was last seen and allegedly went missing. Who releases a tip of an area prior to it being searched? That is S&R no no rule 101. Mark my words, there is more going on here.
B
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #346 on: August 04, 2009, 04:30:56 PM »

Preview of JVM now on HLN saying a man returning from a business trip remembers a yellow car parked backwards.............. more on her show, FYI.  Also JVM mentions the tie between Tracy and Jennifer Kesse.  Will post this there to.  JVM is 7 EST on HLN
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #347 on: August 04, 2009, 05:12:44 PM »

I sure agree that release of a search area prior to search is a big s&r no,no.

It is almost like they have laid bait..
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #348 on: August 04, 2009, 08:49:46 PM »

Thanks ANJ.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #349 on: August 04, 2009, 08:54:08 PM »

Thanks ANJ.   an angelic monkey
It was brief tonight, but she said both families will be on tomorrow.  A man who was away on a trip, returned and heard about the yellow car - he saw a yellow car parked backwards somewhere (I didn't catch where) and the lead is promising - so JVM makes it sound so.  Looks like they are trying to get another search together for this weekend - hope to find both girls. 
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #350 on: August 05, 2009, 12:25:18 AM »

I sure agree that release of a search area prior to search is a big s&r no,no.

It is almost like they have laid bait..

Xactly, Edward, Xactly.
B
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: August 05, 2009, 06:51:12 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/
Search Resumes Today For Ocasio Evidence
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 6:40:18 AM

ORLANDO -- New search efforts get underway this morning for missing Ocoee woman Tracy Ocasio.

Search teams will look in the area where a tipster reported seeing Ocasio's yellow Chevrolet Cobalt.

The car was parked on the wrong side of a two-lane road near a wooded area around the time she disappeared.

Ocasio has been missing since late May when she gave James Hataway a ride home from a Metrowest bar.

Hataway remains the only person of interest in her disappearance.

Trained searchers spent Saturday and Sunday looking for traces of Jennifer Kesse who has been missing three years.

They also sought clues in Ocasio's disappearance because some areas in both cases overlapped. Both women lived in Metrowest.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #352 on: August 05, 2009, 07:15:54 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/20287453/detail.html
Tip Leads To New Search For Missing Woman

Posted: 6:58 am EDT August 5, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- At about 8:00am Wednesday morning, police will begin a new search for missing Ocoee woman Tracy Ocasio. A new tip has given investigators and her parents some new hope for answers in the disappearance of their daughter.

A man driving along Binion Road says he saw a car like Ocasio's the night she disappeared.

Search crews will take to the woods around Binion Road along the Apopka-Ocoee border. They are trying to find any piece of information that could lead them to the whereabouts of Ocasio.

"We've been cautious. We've had too many highs and lows," said Joe Ocasio, Tracy's father.

However, a credible tip last week sparked new efforts to find Ocasio. The tipster claimed he saw a car like Tracy's on Binion Road. When he came around a corner he noticed the car was facing the wrong direction.

The tip perfectly matches a police timeline. The man who gave investigators the tip had been out of town, only to realize when he returned he may hold a valuable piece of information.

"We're hoping something comes out of it. We haven't had a break, a tip, about this case in some time," said Joe Ocasio.

The area was supposed to be searched over last weekend by teams looking for another missing woman, Jennifer Kesse, but they ran out of time.

James Hataway is the prime suspect in Ocasio's disappearance. He is currently being held in the Orange County Jail on unrelated charges. Hataway is expected to make a court appearance next week.

~ Peter Frampton
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #353 on: August 05, 2009, 10:07:47 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20288815/detail.html

APOPKA, Fla. -- Evidence found during a search for a missing Orange County woman will be sent for analysis on Wednesday.

Tracy Ocasio was reported missing on May 27.

Investigators said a tip sent searchers to an area near Binion Road in Apopka.

Authorities said James Hataway remains their sole person of interest in the case. They wouldn't comment further on the evidence found on Wednesday morning.

Stay with WESH 2 News and WESH.com for further details.

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: August 05, 2009, 10:11:29 AM »

Bones Found During New Search For Tracy Ocasio

Posted: 6:58 am EDT August 5, 2009Updated: 9:52 am EDT August 5, 2009
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Police started a new search Wednesday for missing Ocoee woman Tracy Ocasio and officials at the scene said bones were found.

However, a detective at the scene told Eyewitness News that the bones are most likely non-human animal in origin. Tests, though, will be conducted to confirm, but officials on the scene are not treating the discovery as being human.

A new tip lead investigators to the search site after a man came forward with information that he saw a car like Ocasio's the night she disappeared along Binion Road.

Search crews are checking the woods around Binion Road, along the Apopka-Ocoee border. They are trying to find any piece of information that could lead them to the whereabouts of Ocasio.

"We've been cautious. We've had too many highs and lows," said Joe Ocasio, Tracy's father.

However, the credible tip last week sparked new efforts to find Ocasio. The tipster claimed he saw a car like Tracy's on Binion Road. When he came around a corner he noticed the car was facing the wrong direction.

The tip matches a police timeline perfectly. The man who gave investigators the tip had been out of town, only to realize when he returned he may hold a valuable piece of information.

"We're hoping something comes out of it. We haven't had a break, a tip, about this case in some time," Joe Ocasio said.

The area was supposed to be searched over last weekend by teams looking for another missing woman, Jennifer Kesse, but they ran out of time.

James Hataway is the prime suspect in Ocasio's disappearance. He is currently being held in the Orange County Jail on unrelated charges. Hataway is expected to make a court appearance next week.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: August 05, 2009, 10:41:02 AM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20288644/detail.html
Bag Of Bones Found In Ocasio Search
Ocoee Woman Last Seen Alive Leaving MetroWest Bar

POSTED: Wednesday, August 5, 2009
UPDATED: 10:20 am EDT August 5, 2009
APOPKA, Fla. -- Police on Wednesday told Local 6 News that a bag of bones was discovered during a search for Tracy Ocasio, who has been missing since May
It's not known, however, if the remains, which were found during a search in the area off Binion Road in Apopka, belong to a human or an animal. The bones will be sent to a lab for testing, police said.

The Ocoee Police Department, along with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and investigators from the Apopka Police Department, are scouring the area after police received a Crimeline tip from a commuter who recalled seeing a vehicle that fit the description of Ocasio's car.

The tipster was out of town for weeks and returned recently, police said.

The 27-year-old Ocoee woman was last seen alive leaving the Florida Tap Room, MetroWest bar, on May 27 with James Hataway, who is a person of interest in the case. Hataway, 28, remains jailed on unrelated charges.

Hataway told police that Ocasio gave him a ride home and left. Her car, a yellow Chevrolet Cobalt, was found abandoned hours later near Hataway's home.

Crimeline is offering up to a $5,000 reward for information regarding the case. Anyone with information is urged to call Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #356 on: August 05, 2009, 10:43:52 AM »

Animal Bones Likely Found In Ocasio Search
Tracy Ocasio Disappeared On May 27

POSTED: 9:44 am EDT August 5, 2009
UPDATED: 10:27 am EDT August 5, 2009
APOPKA, Fla. -- Bones found during a search for a missing Orange County woman will be sent for analysis on Wednesday.

Tracy Ocasio was reported missing on May 27.

Investigators said a tip sent searchers to an area near Binion Road in Apopka. James Hataway remains the sole person of interest in the case.

Authorities said the bones will be analyzed, but they're believed to be those of an animal.

Stay with WESH 2 News and WESH.com for further details.

~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #357 on: August 05, 2009, 11:06:29 AM »

Bones Found During New Search For Tracy Ocasio
Posted: 6:58 am EDT August 5, 2009
Updated: 9:52 am EDT August 5, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Police started a new search Wednesday for missing Ocoee woman Tracy Ocasio and officials at the scene said bones were found.

However, a detective at the scene told Eyewitness News that the bones are most likely non-human animal in origin. Tests, though, will be conducted to confirm, but officials on the scene are not treating the discovery as being human.

A new tip lead investigators to the search site after a man came forward with information that he saw a car like Ocasio's the night she disappeared along Binion Road.

Search crews are checking the woods around Binion Road, along the Apopka-Ocoee border. They are trying to find any piece of information that could lead them to the whereabouts of Ocasio.

However, the credible tip last week sparked new efforts to find Ocasio. The tipster claimed he saw a car like Tracy's on Binion Road. When he came around a corner he noticed the car was facing the wrong direction.

The tip matches a police timeline perfectly. The man who gave investigators the tip had been out of town, only to realize when he returned he may hold a valuable piece of information.

"We're hoping something comes out of it. We haven't had a break, a tip, about this case in some time," Joe Ocasio said.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #358 on: August 05, 2009, 11:49:21 AM »

Animal Bones Likely Found In Ocasio Search
Tracy Ocasio Disappeared On May 27

POSTED: 9:44 am EDT August 5, 2009
UPDATED: 11:02 am EDT August 5, 2009

APOPKA, Fla. -- Bones found during a search for a missing Orange County woman will be sent for analysis on Wednesday.
Tracy Ocasio was last seen on May 27 leaving the Tap Room bar in MetroWest with James Hataway.

Investigators honed in on an area near Binion Road in Apopka when a local man said he may have seen Ocasio's car along that stretch of road the night she disappeared. The tipster has been out of town, but recently returned and directed police to the area, according to a news release.

The area is not far from Hataway's home. He remains the sole person of interest in the case.
Authorities said the bones will be sent to a lab to be analyzed, but they're believed to be those of an animal.

A $5,000 reward is being offered by CrimeLine to anyone with information regarding the case. Anyone with information should call 800-423-TIPS.

~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #359 on: August 05, 2009, 01:32:00 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-tracy-ocasio-search-080509,0,685365.story

Tracy Ocasio search ends; only animal bones found

Police officials say three different sets of animal bones were found. The search is over for today. The bones found during the search for a missing Ocoee woman will be sent to the medical examiner to double check they are from animals.

The search for an Ocoee woman who has been missing since May 27 ended for today after officials discovered only animal bones and trash.

Three different sets of bones were found and they will be sent to the medical examiner to verify that they are from animals.

The search for Tracy Ocasio ended before noon after less than three hours.

Initially, it was not clear if it was a human or animal bone when the first one was discovered this morning. Later, an officer told the Sentinel it was an animal bone.

More than a dozen searchers covered and probed the wooded area near Apopka with long sticks. Searchers sifted through mounds of trash, knocked away large spiders and cut through thick brush.

Liz Ocasio, Tracy's mother, was hopeful about the search. She visited the search site today, and she said all she wants is her daughter to come home.

"Hopefully they will find her today. I'm so ready for that," she said this morning. "You're never ready to find your daughter deceased, but I'm really ready for this chapter to be over."

A tipster told police recently that he saw Ocasio's car parked on the wrong side of the road sometime after 2 a.m. on the night she went missing. Police said it's the first credible tip they've received about Ocasio's car.

"This is the best lead we've had so far," Liz Ocasio said. "Hopefully this is where he came. Hopefully this is where whatever happened, happened."

Ocasio said her daughter's disappearance has been hard on her family.

Her son, Joey, turns to his church for support, she said.

"My husband is totally consumed with finding her," she said. "I just take it day by day. We all do."

Police, along with FDLE agents, began searching at 9 a.m.

Officers with cadaver dogs and ATVs scoured the area near Binion Road near the Ocoee- Apopka border earlier. Today the group searched on foot.

Tracy Ocasio was last seen alive on May 27 when she left a MetroWest bar with James Hataway. Police interviewed Hataway, 28, who told them she gave him a ride home from the bar and then left. He claims he doesn't know where she is or could have gone.

Police say Hataway is the only person of interest in Ocasio's disappearance.

Ocasio's car, a yellow Chevrolet Cobalt, was found abandoned a few blocks away from Hataway's home on May 27.

Hataway is being held at the Orange County Jail on unrelated charges.

Anyone with information about Ocasio or her disappearance is urged by Ocoee police to call Crimeline at 1-800-423-8477. Tipsters are eligible to receive up to a $5,000 reward and can remain anonymous.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.