March 18, 2024, 10:38:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MISSING OCOEE WOMAN: TRACY OCASIO LAST SEEN IN ORLANDO #1 5/29/09 -  (Read 320783 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #380 on: August 26, 2009, 09:39:32 PM »

NUT 

Monkey Devil! an hour late and a dollar short! That'd be me!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #381 on: August 26, 2009, 09:46:32 PM »

NUT 

Monkey Devil! an hour late and a dollar short! That'd be me!

But with a heart of gold for the missing and exploited.  That's you too.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: August 26, 2009, 09:48:09 PM »

Animal Shelter & Wildlife Society 5859 Avalon Rd, Winter Garden, FL ??
Somewhere in this area?
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&num=50&ie=UTF-8&q=animal+shelter+Avalon+Road+Winter+Garden+FL&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=13209804976167994023&li=lmd

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #383 on: August 26, 2009, 09:55:35 PM »

. . . Less than 12 miles from Ocoee . . .
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: August 26, 2009, 09:55:39 PM »

awwwww Muffy 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #385 on: August 26, 2009, 09:56:24 PM »

Thanks NUT - looks like alot of nothing in this area.  Very secluded.  I don't see a building from the highway either:

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #386 on: August 26, 2009, 09:59:21 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20573478/detail.html#

Ocoee Police Investigate Body In Freezer Tip
Crimeline Tipster Says Body Found Is Missing Tracy Ocasio

POSTED: 9:30 pm EDT August 26, 2009
UPDATED: 9:39 pm EDT August 26, 2009

OCOEE, Fla. -- Police in Ocoee are at the scene where a body may have been found Wednesday night.

Ocoee police Sgt. Mike Bryant said investigators responded to a former animal shelter in the 5000 block of Avalon Road.

Bryant said a tip was called in to Crimeline that a man believed missing Central Florida woman Tracy Ocasio's body was in a freezer at the shelter. Ocasio disappeared May 28. Her car was found abandoned in Ocoee, where she lived.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office was called to investigate Wednesday night.

Police said two bags were found in a freezer showing decomposition. Bryant said the bags may contain animals or other material, but he did not know exactly what that material was.

More

Bryant said the shelter has been abandoned for about two years.

A medical examiner was at the scene as of 9:30 p.m.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: August 26, 2009, 10:02:04 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/082609_Tip_leads_detectives_to_body_in_freezer

Tip leads detectives to
body in freezer

Updated: Wednesday, 26 Aug 2009, 9:52 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 26 Aug 2009, 9:39 PM EDT

STUART CAMPBELL | FOX 35 News

WINTER GARDEN, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Orange County homicide detectives are investigating a Crimeline tip which has led them to a decomposing body.  A crime scene has been established at an old animal shelter and clinic located in the 5800 block of Avalon Rd. in Winter Garden.

Authorities said the tip was in relation to the missing Ocoee woman, Tracy Ocasio.  Ocasio was last seen on the morning of May 26.  Surveillance video taken from a Metrowest bar, Florida Tap Room, shows her leaving with a man later identified as James Hataway, 28, also of Ocoee.  Hataway was arrested almost a full week after Ocasio's disapearance on drug-related charges.  He was also named as a person of interest in the disappearance of the 27-year-old Ocasio.

Investigators have yet to confirm whether the body is that of an animal or a human, but early reports indicate that the remains are in a state of decomposition and there are traces of chemicals which detectives believe have been used to accelerate that process and mask any odor.

The Orange County Medical examiner is on scene and assisting detectives.

This is a developing story. FOX 35 has a crew on scene and we will have a live update during FOX 35 News at 10 p.m. We will also bring you any updates on MyFoxOrlando.com.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: August 26, 2009, 10:08:30 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/subindex/our_programs/live

FL Beagle Mom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #389 on: August 26, 2009, 10:15:26 PM »

It was animal remains Sad

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/8/26/police_investigating_tip_in_ocasio_case.html

Animal Remains Found During Ocasio Search
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:04:31 PM
Tools: E-mail | Print | Feedback | AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Ocasio with a cat
View Larger
Related Stories

* Kesse, Ocasio Search Ends With No New Clues
    * FDLE Finds Bones In Search For Ocasio
    * Tracy Ocasio Reward Doubles To $10,000

Reported By Adam Longo

WINTER GARDEN -- A tip in the Tracy Ocasio case led investigators to an old animal shelter Wednesday night.

According to the Ocoee Police Department, the tip came in about a possible body in a freezer.

The tipster claimed it was Ocasio.

However, only animal remains were found at the shelter on Avalon Road, according to Sgt. Mike Bryant from Ocoee police.

Ocasio disappeared in May when she gave James Hataway a ride home from a MetroWest bar.

Hataway remains locked up on unrelated charges in the Orange County Jail. He is still a person of interest in the case.

Stay with News 13 for updates.

Caylee's Warriors:  Relax, I've got this one -- GOD
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #390 on: August 26, 2009, 10:16:27 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-body-reported-082609,0,6751597.story

Remains found at old animal shelter turn out to be animal bones
Tipster had erroneously said they could be linked to the disappearance of Tracy Ocasio

Susan Jacobson

Sentinel Staff Writer

8:35 PM EDT, August 26, 2009

Investigators have just determined that remains found tonight in west Orange County belong to an animal and are not those of missing Ocoee woman Tracy Ocasio.

A tip to Ocoee police about 6 p.m., via Crimeline, said the remains were in a freezer at an abandoned animal shelter, said Ocoee police Sgt. Mike Bryant. The caller said officers should investigate whether the body was that of Ocasio, who was 27 when she vanished after leaving a MetroWest bar in late May.

Liz Ocasio, Tracy's mother, said her emotions and those of her husband are mixed at the news.

"We're kind of relieved, but we still want to find her [tracy] and get this part of our life over," Liz Ocasio said. "As long as you have this going on, it's hard to deal with day after day after day."

Police asked the Orange County Sheriff's Office to investigate since the area south of Winter Garden is in their jurisdiction. They found bags with signs of decomposing remains inside and summoned the Orange-Osceola County Medical Examiner's Office, Bryant said.

A medical examiner about 10 p.m. determined that the remains are those of an animal, sheriff's spokesman Jim Solomons said.

The shelter was on 12 acres on Avalon Road. The property is owned by the Animal Shelter and Wildlife Society and includes two warehouses, a single-family house and a commercial building, according to the Orange County Property Appraiser's Web site
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #391 on: August 27, 2009, 07:15:14 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20578349/detail.html
Boot May Hold Clues In Ocasio Case
Investigators Hope To Find Ocasio's DNA

POSTED: 6:39 am EDT August 27, 2009
UPDATED: 6:54 am EDT August 27, 2009
OCOEE, Fla. -- Detectives in Orange County are awaiting lab results on Thursday to determine if they have a new lead in the search for Tracy Ocasio.

A boot was found in the area of state Road 50 and Bluford Avenue near Ocoee.

The area has previously been searched for Ocasio, but during a practice search on Tuesday, the boot was found and a friend of Ocasio said it belonged to the missing woman.

"We're pretty tense right now, trying to find out and get confirmation on what they're doing and what they find," father Joe Ocasio said.

In just hours, Ocasio went from waiting to learn if some remains found in a former animal shelter belonged to his daughter to finding out if a boot found belonged to her. The remains were determined to be those of an animal.

"The boot was shown to the Ocasio family. We distributed it to her friends ... and one of the friends said yes," Ocoee Police Department spokesman Mike Bryant said.
"We've had a lot of highs and lows, so we'll just have to wait and see," Ocasio said.

Authorities confirmed the boot was the same size that Ocasio wore. It is being processed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to retrieve DNA from the toe of the boot to learn if there's a match.

Ocasio is 27 years old and disappeared from a bar in MetroWest in May.

Anyone with information on the case is asked to call Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: August 27, 2009, 07:34:47 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/20578666/detail.html
Boot Found In Woods Could Belong To Missing Woman

Posted: 7:04 am EDT August 27, 2009
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A boot could be a new lead in the case of an Ocoee woman missing for three months. Wednesday night, investigators told Eyewitness News they found one boot in some woods in Ocoee that they believe belongs to Tracy Ocasio.

For the first time, Ocoee police investigators revealed that they may have found a boot that belonged to Tracy Ocasio two days ago in Ocoee.

"We have recently found a boot. The boot was found in the wood line after a recent search," said Sgt. Mike Bryant, Ocoee Police Department.

Orange County deputies on horseback were conducting routine training near Highway 50 and Bluford Avenue (see map) in Orange County when they stumbled across the boot.

"The boot was shown to the Ocasio family, who distributed [pictures] to her friends, asking, 'hey, did Tracy ever have a boot like this?,' and one of the friends said, 'yes.'" explained Sgt. Bryant.

Beginning Thursday, Florida Department of Law Enforcement laboratory investigators will spend a couple of days analyzing the boot found in the woods. They plan on testing the boot for DNA evidence that could link it to Ocasio.

On Wednesday night, police received a Crimeline tip that a body might be inside a freezer on an abandoned property off Avalon Road in west Orange County. However, when investigators searched it, all they found were animal bones in some bags. The abandoned property was an animal farm where people would drop off their dying pets but it has not been in business for two years.

27-year-old Tracy Ocasio went missing three months ago. Police say the last person to see her was James Hataway. He is still being held in jail on unrelated charges.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #393 on: August 27, 2009, 09:53:33 AM »

Boot Found In Woods Could Belong To Missing Woman

Posted: 7:04 am EDT August 27, 2009
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A boot could be a new lead in the case of an Ocoee woman missing for three months. Wednesday night, investigators told Eyewitness News they found one boot in some woods in Ocoee that they believe belongs to Tracy Ocasio.

For the first time, Ocoee police investigators revealed that they may have found a boot that belonged to Tracy Ocasio two days ago in Ocoee.

"We have recently found a boot. The boot was found in the wood line after a recent search," said Sgt. Mike Bryant, Ocoee Police Department.

Orange County deputies on horseback were conducting routine training near Highway 50 and Bluford Avenue (see map) in Orange County when they stumbled across the boot.

"The boot was shown to the Ocasio family, who distributed [pictures] to her friends, asking, 'hey, did Tracy ever have a boot like this?,' and one of the friends said, 'yes.'" explained Sgt. Bryant.

Beginning Thursday, Florida Department of Law Enforcement laboratory investigators will spend a couple of days analyzing the boot found in the woods. They plan on testing the boot for DNA evidence that could link it to Ocasio.

On Wednesday night, police received a Crimeline tip that a body might be inside a freezer on an abandoned property off Avalon Road in west Orange County. However, when investigators searched it, all they found were animal bones in some bags. The abandoned property was an animal farm where people would drop off their dying pets but it has not been in business for two years.

27-year-old Tracy Ocasio went missing three months ago. Police say the last person to see her was James Hataway. He is still being held in jail on unrelated charges.

This story has been update including a link to a map where the boot was found. Map link:http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=s.+bluford+avenue+and+w.+colonial+drive,+ocoee,+fl&sll=28.550148,-81.539497&sspn=0.053756,0.077162&ie=UTF8&z=17 
Story Link:

Do we have any pic's of Tracy in boots???????
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: August 27, 2009, 10:25:15 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20578349/detail.html

Bluford Avenue & State Route 50

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #395 on: August 27, 2009, 11:29:32 AM »

UPDATED SOME:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-tracy-ocasio-missing-082709,0,4622149.story

Police: Boot in woods could be linked to Tracy Ocasio
Investigators sent boot to FDLE for DNA testing

Walter Pacheco

Sentinel Staff Writer

11:07 AM EDT, August 27, 2009

A black boot discovered Saturday in a patch of woods could be the best lead investigators have in the case of missing Ocoee resident Tracy Ocasio.

Orange County sheriff's deputies on a routine horseback training exercise discovered the midcalf boot near State Road 50 and Bluford Avenue, Sgt. Mike Bryant of the Ocoee Police Department said. Officers already had searched that area in the past.

Bryant said this is "our freshest lead" in the investigation.

Ocasio has been missing since May 27. Video surveillance cameras recorded Ocasio leaving a MetroWest bar with James Hataway -- the last person to see her alive. He is being held at the Orange County Jail on unrelated charges.

Investigators took digital pictures of the boot and spoke to Ocasio's family about their finding. Detectives sent the picture to several of Ocasio's friends by e-mail to see if any of them recognized the boot, Tracy's mother, Liz Ocasio said.

"The boot is the same size that Tracy wears," Bryant said. Liz Ocasio said one friend described the boot as Tracy's "comfortable shoes" made of a soft, clothlike material that she kept in her vehicle.

"Her friend is about 99 percent sure it's Tracy's," Liz Ocasio said.

Detectives sent the boot to Florida Department of Law Enforcement labs to test for Tracy Ocasio's DNA. Her mother said FDLE will expedite the testing and alert Ocoee police of their results before Sept. 1.

On Wednesday, an Orange County medical examiner determined that bones found in west Orange County were not those of Tracy Ocasio.

A Crimeline tip had led sheriff's deputies to an abandoned animal shelter on Avalon Road. The decomposing remains were discovered in a freezer on that property and belonged to an animal, Orange County sheriff's spokesman Jim Solomons said.

Liz Ocasio said she takes the investigation "one day at a time," but describes the excitement of responding to leads and tips and the disappointment of finding they lead to a dead end similar to riding a rollercoaster.

"That's kind of the reason we didn't want to release any information on the boot until we got the DNA results back," Liz Ocasio said. "We don't want to go on that rollercoaster again. We've been on it enough."

The Ocasios are offering a $10,000 reward for information that helps them find their daughter.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #396 on: August 27, 2009, 11:35:08 AM »

Black shoes/boots

« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:42:02 AM by klaasend » Logged
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #397 on: August 27, 2009, 12:28:03 PM »

Photo of the boot:

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20582024/detail.html
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #398 on: August 27, 2009, 12:59:18 PM »

Tams - thanks for posting.  For some reason I can't access the WFTV website.  Weird.

I enlarged the boot some:

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #399 on: August 27, 2009, 07:40:34 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/082709_boot_found

Boot found might be missing woman’s

Updated: Thursday, 27 Aug 2009, 6:16 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 27 Aug 2009, 5:23 PM EDT

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Investigators are looking into whether a boot found in some woods belongs to Tracy Ocasio. The 27-year-old was last seen on the morning of May 26.

The boot was discovered along Bluford Avenue near State Road 50 in Ocoee.

Tiffany Rodriquez was one of the last people to see Tracy Ocasio. She was with Tracy at the Florida Taproom the night she disappeared. She says it was the boot Tracy was wearing. "It looked exactly like she was wearing that night. I remember the conversation we have. I liked them and I remember I thought hey were cute"

Ocasio was last seen on the morning of May 26. Surveillance video taken from the Metrowest bar, Florida Tap Room, shows her leaving with a man later identified as James Hataway, 28, also of Ocoee. Hataway was arrested almost a full week after Ocasio's disapearance on drug-related charges. He was also named as a person of interest in the disappearance of the 27-year-old Ocasio.

Last week police found this boot during a training exercise at Lake Bennet which is just a few miles from Tracy's home. Police showed the boot to her parents and friends and more than one says OPcasio had this same shoe, even more coincidental: the boot is a size 8 the same size Tracy wears. "I would say I am 100 percent sure, but I will go 99 percent that it is hers because lots of people have those shoes. That wasn't thon only one of the boot made. She always had them in her car. She always wore the with jeans. I will be very very shocked and surprised. And surprised if someone comes back and says we found DNA, but it wasn't Tracy’s.” said her friend Tarin Anthony

FOX 35 has learned that Tracy's parents have looked through her closet and the boots are not there. The boot found is being tested by FDLE for DNA to see if it in fact does belong to the missing woman. Police say it is strange that it would surface now as the area where it was found had been searched before. DNA results on the boot could come back in the next few days. A search on the area Thursday turned up nothing and another search is planned for the weekend.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.