March 18, 2024, 07:46:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MISSING OCOEE WOMAN: TRACY OCASIO LAST SEEN IN ORLANDO #1 5/29/09 -  (Read 320763 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #400 on: August 28, 2009, 12:51:52 AM »

This is very interesting and is at least if nothing else a lead..
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #401 on: August 28, 2009, 05:26:13 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20602056/detail.html
Weekend Search Planned For Ocasio
Missing Ocoee Woman Last Seen Leaving Bar In May

POSTED: Friday, August 28, 2009
UPDATED: 2:26 pm EDT August 28, 2009
OCOEE, Fla. -- A group that recently searched for Jennifer Kesse, who has been missing since 2006, will conduct a weekend search for Tracy Ocasio, who was last seen in May, according to Ocasio's mother.
Liz Ocasio told Local 6 News that the Florida-3 Airboat Search and Rescue group will search for her daughter, who was last seen May 27 leaving a MetroWest bar. Liz Ocasio did not know the exact location of where the search will take place.

Tracy Ocasio was last seen with James Hataway, who told police that she dropped him off at his house and left. Hataway, who police have called the prime suspect in Ocasio's disappearance, remains jailed on unrelated charges.

A recent search for the 28-year-old Kesse by the same group failed to turn up anything related to her case.

Meanwhile, Tracy Ocasio's friend said she believes a boot found by investigators belongs to the missing woman.

Investigators found the boot while searching a wooded area in Ocoee near state Road 50 and South Bluford Avenue on Saturday.

"As soon as I saw it, I knew it was hers," Tracy Ocasio's friend Taryn Anthony said.

Anthony said she has seen the boot many times before and if it was not on Tracy Ocasio's foot, then it was in her car.

"She wore the boots with jeans, she'd wear them with skirts, and if she wore other shoes and was afraid they'd get uncomfortable, she brought those to change into," Anthony said.

In surveillance footage taken the night Tracy Ocasio disappeared, it is hard to tell what kind of shoes she was wearing.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is testing the boot for DNA to determine if it belonged to Tracy Ocasio. Test results could be available as early as Friday.
"I hope it comes back and it is her. I hope it comes back and it's her shoe and we're able to find her," Liz Ocasio said.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: August 28, 2009, 08:17:08 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20607491/detail.html

Joe Ocasio E-Mail To Media

POSTED: 7:37 pm EDT August 28, 2009

"All,

Since this week's false tip that ended up being a possible prank and subsequent information on Tracy's boot given by Sergeant Bryant of the Ocoee police we've been getting a lot of calls, visits, request for interviews and or comments about searches earlier this week and this weekend. Some of you already know due to your contacts while others have been "fishing" for information. First I want to let you know that our family's first and utmost priority is two fold, finding Tracy and the person(s) responsible. We were asked to keep some of this information confidential earlier in the week and as I've always stated, I will follow the request from police at all times to avoid from ever interfering with their investigation. In addition the search group that is helping us has asked our family for privacy and I've kept some things from the media out of respect for them, remember this group is a private group that is donating their time and effort so the least I can do is to follow their wishes. At times I have mix emotions because as a father I want everything out to the media because I know the media can play a major role in accomplishing both goals, trust me sometimes it's been very hard keeping information to ourselves....I hope you all understand our position at times.

All that said in order to avoid interference with this weekends search but at the same time give you information here is what I know and would like to do.

The Boot - We did not get the DNA today and are hoping to get validation by early next week. To date two of her girlfriends have identified the boot as one just like hers. One of her girlfriends even broke down in tears as soon as she saw it. The top of the boot is made of a unique material (not leather or felt but more of a elastic type material) so we really hope this turns out to be accurate but not sure what it will lead to.

This Week's Searches - There has been a couple searches this week. One by the area where the boot was found (Blufford & rt 50) using a cadaver dog with no "hits". However it is a large area plus Lake Bennet has not been searched yet. The other search was done using horses in a wooded area in Ocoee not too far from where the car was found that has had standing water and was not searched before, again no luck with this search either.

This Weekend's Search - I know several of you already know but I ask you to please respect the search groups wishes. We will be available to the media but most likely from our home. At this point unless there is a development we do not plan to be at any of the search areas. I do plan to meet with the team leader to basically thank her for their help but will not stay long to avoid getting in their way.

Search Areas - This search was put together prior to the finding of the boot so there are several areas they are searching and will not be just one or two areas. Out of respect of their request from our family I'm not going to comment on exact locations....I hope you understand.

Media - We will be available from our home at 2110 New Victor rd Ocoee FL 34761 to the media. However we will not be available until sometime mid morning. I'll try to be home by no later than between 9:00 and 10:00 AM.....if we have several of you at the same time I'll like to do this as a group as we did the last time...that would work best for us to give us the time we want and need to stay put by the phone. You are also welcome after the search is over but at this point I do not know when that will be based on weather, their plans, etc.

Search Team- "Search and Rescue of Central Florida" - Some people have referred to the search team as part of Texas Equusearch but that is not correct. This is the same group that has helped look for Jennifer Kesse. I want to give a special thank you to Drew Kesse for giving them our contact information to help us as well, we owe him and continue to pray for Jennifer as well. The group consist of members from through out the state but within the group they have different "specialize units" and most all are professionals from different agencies.....current or retired law enforcement, fire & recue, EMT's, etc, etc.

From the bottom of my heart I want to thank you all for your efforts keeping my daughters name "alive" out there in hopes that we get tips and leads to find her and who's involved. You have helped us by giving us the "Gift of Hope".....God Bless you all and let's pray this weekend bring these searches to an end!!

Joe Ocasio & Family"
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #403 on: August 29, 2009, 12:29:49 PM »

Re: Note to media from Joe Ocasio posted above -

What a beautifully written note; such a kind and lovely father & family this young woman has. My heart so goes out to them filled with hope that they can finally put this nightmare to rest and find some sort of peace.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: August 29, 2009, 01:12:23 PM »

Re: Note to media from Joe Ocasio posted above -

What a beautifully written note; such a kind and lovely father & family this young woman has. My heart so goes out to them filled with hope that they can finally put this nightmare to rest and find some sort of peace.

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: August 29, 2009, 04:22:05 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/8/29/new_clues_spark_new_search_for_ocasio.html
 Clues Spark New Search For Ocasio
Saturday, August 29, 2009 1:10:55 PM
Reported by Mark Jenkins

OCOEE -- New clues have breathed new life into the search for Tracy Ocasio, who has been missing for over three months.

Members of a special search and rescue team said they will spend Saturday combing a 5-mile perimeter around Franklin Street and Bluford Avenue after authorities found a boot they suspected may belong to the missing woman.

Though authorites are still awaiting DNA results to prove the boot actually belonged to Ocasio, the discovery helped renew hope there could be more evidence nearby.

About 60 volunteers, 14 K-9 teams and three divers gathered around 7 a.m. Saturday for the search, using advanced equipment such as a Hydratrek, a boat outfitted with side-scan sonar.
Earlier in August, the same group held a two-day search for Jennifer Kesse, who disappeared from Orlando in 2006. That search turned up no new clues in her disappearance.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: August 29, 2009, 05:06:20 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20618401/detail.html

Groups Conduct Search For Tracy Ocasio
Diver On Standby As Equipment Combs Lake Bennett

POSTED: 11:55 am EDT August 29, 2009
UPDATED: 2:46 pm EDT August 29, 2009

OCOEE, Fla. -- Searchers are back out this weekend in Ocoee looking for missing woman Tracy Ocasio.

The 47-year-old has been missing since May, and while many areas have already been looked at, there's new interest in a certain location. This week, authorities found a boot that friends and family say could belong to Ocasio.

"I've been through that area and the boot wasn't there in the beginning or it didn't appear to be there, so is somebody playing games? I don't know. Was it a prank? I hope it wasn't, so I have mixed feelings," said Joe Ocasio, the missing woman's father.

He said he's hesitant to believe it is her boot because earlier this week he thinks someone may have planted animal bones, turning a tip into a prank.

"I'm hoping that they're right and it is and the DNA comes back and it's a starting point," he said. "That is the way I look at it."

Search representative Joe St. Cyr said crews set out at 7 a.m. and they'll search the entire day.

As of just before 2 p.m., St. Cyr said they had searched a 5-mile perimeter from Bluford Avenue and state Road 50. It was in that area where the boot and Tracy Ocasio's car was found.

About 60 searchers were working in the Lake Bennett area, a number of them nationally certified for searching. About 14 K-9s certified nationally for cadaver searches investigated wooded areas.

Diver Jimmy Johnson was on standby as hydratrek, a piece of equipment that can go on land and in water, combs the lake. The hydratrek was also used in a search for another missing Central Florida woman, Jennifer Kesse.

"I'm looking for something," Johnson said. "If I try to think I'm looking for Tracy, then that just bogs me too much and I get nervous. I don't like to think that someone could. I keep it as a search thing."

A team from Tallahassee was also helping out Saturday.

Nothing of significance has been found so far, as of 2:30 p.m.

"Finding her is not going to give me closure," Joe Ocasio said. "Finding her and finding who did this will give us closure."

Searchers will be out again on Sunday.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: August 29, 2009, 06:16:18 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/20621800/detail.html

Search For Ocasio Continues
Posted: 5:25 pm EDT August 29, 2009
Updated: 6:14 pm EDT August 29, 2009

OCOEE -- More than 60 trained searchers spread out in Ocoee Saturday morning in the area of Bluford Avenue and State Road 50.

The crews are covering a five mile radius surrounding the spot where a boot was recently found. Family and friends think the boot may have belonged to Tracy, but they still waiting for a DNA test to confirm if it is in fact hers.

The search area is also the same area where her yellow Chevy Cobalt was found.

Ocasio was last seen at the Florida Taproom on May 27. James Hattaway, the man police say she was with, is a prime suspect in her disappearance, but investigators say they are not ruling out others.

So far, several searches in Ocoee and surrounding areas have turned up with little results.

Crews will continue searching the area throughout the weekend. They have ground crews, 14 cadaver dogs, and a dive team at their disposal, but so far nothing has been found.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: August 30, 2009, 07:20:53 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/8/29/new_clues_spark_new_search_for_ocasio.html
 New Search For Ocasio Continues Sunday
Saturday, August 29, 2009 9:42:13 PM
Reported by Mark Jenkins

OCOEE -- New clues have breathed new life into the search for Tracy Ocasio, who has been missing for more than three months.

Members of a special search and rescue team spent Saturday combing a 5-mile perimeter around Franklin Street and Bluford Avenue after authorities found a boot they suspected may belong to the missing woman.

Though authorities are still awaiting DNA results to prove the boot actually belonged to Ocasio, the discovery helped renew hope there could be more evidence nearby.

About 60 volunteers, 14 K-9 teams and three divers gathered around 7 a.m. Saturday for the search, using advanced equipment such as a Hydratrek, a boat outfitted with side-scan sonar.

Earlier in August, the same group held a two-day search for Jennifer Kesse, who disappeared from Orlando in 2006. That search turned up no new clues in her disappearance.

Searchers plan to be out again Sunday morning.

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: August 30, 2009, 07:33:03 AM »

I'm hoping today's search will bring Tracy home.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: August 30, 2009, 05:52:07 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-bk-tracy-ocasio-083009,0,4332403.story

Weekend search for Tracy Ocasio finds nothing
Sarah Lundy

Sentinel Staff Writer

5:07 PM EDT, August 30, 2009

A trained volunteer search group looking for Tracy Ocasio -- the missing Ocoee woman -- this weekend had no luck.

Ocasio, who was 27 when she vanished in May, was last seen leaving a MetroWest bar with James Hataway, who told police she gave him a ride home and then left his house.

Her yellow Chevrolet Cobalt was found unlocked and abandoned just blocks from Hataway's house in Ocoee. He is the main suspect in her disappearance.

Hataway, 28, is being held at the Orange County Jail on unrelated charges.

The weekend's search focused on the areas around State Road 50 and Bluford Avenue in Ocoee. This is where a boot was found last week that authorities are trying to determine if it belongs to Ocasio.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is conducting DNA testing on the boot.

Her father, Joe Ocasio, wrote in an e-mail to the media that the family is "eagerly waiting" to learn about the DNA tests on the boot.

He was disappointed in the search – Ocasio had hoped the boot would lead to finding something else in the area.

"It is and has been a very challenging journey to say the least," he wrote. "It feels like having a hole in your heart that hurts everyday and does not go away. . . The way I choose to look at this, is that now we know where she's not at and we are getting closer."

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: August 31, 2009, 04:11:11 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/20648502/detail.html
Ocasio's DNA Not Found In Boot
Police Continue To Search For Missing 27-Year-Old

POSTED: 12:08 pm EDT August 31, 2009
UPDATED: 4:04 pm EDT August 31, 2009
OCOEE, Fla. -- Hopes for closure for the parents of missing woman Tracy Ocasio were dashed Monday when authorities said a boot found in a wooded area did not contain her DNA.

The Ocoee Police Department and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said that samples from the boot leg, the inside of the boot and outside of the boot were taken but "failed to demonstrate the presence of amplifiable DNA," according to a news release.
The wooded area near Lake Bennett was searched again over the weekend with a focus on the water. The searched turned up no sign of the 27-year-old, who was last seen on May 27 leaving the Tap Room Bar in MetroWest with the only person of interest in the case, James Hataway.

Ocasio's family and friends hung high hopes on the boot and its ability to provide clues into her disappearance.

Ocasio's best friend said last week that she was 99 percent sure the boot belonged to Ocasio's.

"We've had a lot of highs and lows, so we'll just have to wait and see," father Joe Ocasio said last week.

"I just want God to lead us to a place where we can find her, where she is so that we can get the closer that we need for her at least," mother Liz Ocasio said.

CrimeLine is offering up to a $20,000 reward for information in the case.

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #412 on: August 31, 2009, 04:19:08 PM »

amplifiable DNA ???

So there was NO DNA found in the boot.. Not Her or Anyones.

Does DNA wash away or go away with enviormental changes ?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #413 on: August 31, 2009, 04:21:23 PM »

.. Diminishes may be a better word..

Soo... Or  does DNA Diminish with Environmental Changes ? 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: August 31, 2009, 04:58:10 PM »

Not Enough DNA Found On Boot In Ocasio Case

UPDATED: 4:52 pm EDT August 31, 2009
OCOEE, Fla. -- Hopes for closure for the parents of missing woman Tracy Ocasio were dashed Monday when authorities said a boot found in a wooded area was inconclusive in the search for the 27-year-old.

The Ocoee Police Department and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said that samples from the boot leg, the inside of the boot and outside of the boot were taken but "failed to demonstrate the presence of amplifiable DNA," according to a news release. The boot did not contain enough measurable DNA to conclude whether it belonged to Ocasio.
The wooded area near Lake Bennett was searched again over the weekend using air boats, dogs and a six-wheel water vehicle known as a HydroCheck. The searched turned up no sign of Ocasio, who was last seen on May 27 leaving the Tap Room Bar in MetroWest with the only person of interest in the case, James Hataway.

Ocasio's family and friends hung high hopes on the boot and its ability to provide clues into her disappearance.

Ocasio's best friend said last week that she was 99 percent sure the boot belonged to Ocasio's.

"We've had a lot of highs and lows, so we'll just have to wait and see," father Joe Ocasio said last week.

"I just want God to lead us to a place where we can find her, where she is so that we can get the closer that we need for her at least," mother Liz Ocasio said.

~ Peter Frampton
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #415 on: September 01, 2009, 09:27:40 AM »

Not Enough DNA Found On Boot In Ocasio Case

UPDATED: 4:52 pm EDT August 31, 2009
[BUZZ: Not Enough DNA Found On Boot In Ocasio Case] [DELICIOUS: Not Enough DNA Found On Boot In Ocasio Case] [DIGG: Not Enough DNA Found On Boot In Ocasio Case] [FACEBOOK: Not Enough DNA Found On Boot In Ocasio Case] [REDDIT: Not Enough DNA Found On Boot In Ocasio Case] [RSS] [PRINT: Not Enough DNA Found On Boot In Ocasio Case] [EMAIL: Not Enough DNA Found On Boot In Ocasio Case]
OCOEE, Fla. -- Hopes for closure for the parents of missing woman Tracy Ocasio were dashed Monday when authorities said a boot found in a wooded area was inconclusive in the search for the 27-year-old.

The Ocoee Police Department and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said that samples from the boot leg, the inside of the boot and outside of the boot were taken but "failed to demonstrate the presence of amplifiable DNA," according to a news release. The boot did not contain enough measurable DNA to conclude whether it belonged to Ocasio.

The wooded area near Lake Bennett was searched again over the weekend using air boats, dogs and a six-wheel water vehicle known as a HydroCheck. The searched turned up no sign of Ocasio, who was last seen on May 27 leaving the Tap Room Bar in MetroWest with the only person of interest in the case, James Hataway.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #416 on: September 01, 2009, 12:03:19 PM »

.. Diminishes may be a better word..

Soo... Or  does DNA Diminish with Environmental Changes ? 

Time, temp, water, humidity, light, can all affect/degrad DNA.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #417 on: September 01, 2009, 01:54:47 PM »

Planted evidence ? DNA deleted on purpose ?

Women involved ?
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #418 on: September 01, 2009, 08:46:24 PM »

Planted evidence ? DNA deleted on purpose ?

Women involved ?
I thought the exact same thing about the boot with the announcement of the search.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: September 02, 2009, 01:24:55 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20687524/detail.html
Ocasio Suspect Cleared On Drug Charges
Suspect In Ocasio's Disappearance Still Faces Abuse Charges

POSTED: Wednesday, September 2, 2009
UPDATED: 12:55 pm EDT September 2, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The prime suspect in the disappearance of Tracy Ocasio was back in court Thursday morning for a brief hearing on unrelated charges.
James Hataway has not been charged in Ocasio's disappearance, but he is being held at the Orange County Jail on drug charges.

A judge addressed Hataway's drug paraphernalia charge, to which Hataway pleaded no contest.

Hataway was given 94 days in jail, which he has already served, but he will not be leaving jail. He still faces a criminal mischief charge and several more serious abuse charges in Seminole County.

Seminole County officials said Hataway will eventually be transferred to the Seminole County Jail, but they did not give a time frame.

Hatway was the last person seen with Ocasio the night she disappeared. They were seen leaving Orlando's Tap Room bar together in May.

Investigators recently found a boot similar to one Ocasio, 28, frequently wore. The boot has been tested, but there was not enough DNA to prove it belonged to the missing woman.

There is a $20,000 reward for information regarding Ocasio's disappearance. Police are asking anyone with information to call CrimeLine at 800-423-TIPS.
Video.   http://www.clickorlando.com/video/20688074/index.html

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.