March 19, 2024, 04:42:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MISSING OCOEE WOMAN: TRACY OCASIO LAST SEEN IN ORLANDO #1 5/29/09 -  (Read 320830 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: February 02, 2010, 02:31:33 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-james-hataway-attempted-murder-charge-20100202,0,3299348.story

James Hataway charged with attempted first-degree murder in 2008 attack
Hataway is also a person of interest in the May disappearance of Tracy Ocasio

By Bianca Prieto, Orlando Sentinel

12:12 PM EST, February 2, 2010
Click here to find out more!

Seminole County prosecutors have upgraded the charges against James Hataway to attempted first-degree murder in a 2008 attack.

Hataway is accused of trying to strangle and then attack a woman who gave him a ride home from a party in August 2008. He was initially charged with battery, false imprisonment, robbery and burglary with a battery.

The State Attorney's Office upgraded the charges today, according to paperwork filed in the 18th Judicial Circuit.

Hataway has become better known for his connection to the May disappearance of Ocoee resident Tracy Ocasio. The two were spotted leaving a Metrowest bar together following an Orlando Magic playoff game. She hasn't been seen since.

Hataway told investigators Ocasio gave him a ride home and then left. He has not been charged in connection to that case.

Seminole County prosecutors say witnesses saw Hataway choking and hitting the woman in the street in the 2008 attack. One of the neighbors recognized Hataway, reports show.

The victim, whom the Orlando Sentinel is not identifying, told police she and Hataway had been at a bar and at a friend's house. She later drove him home.

When she reached over to hug him good night, Hataway grabbed her, wrapped his hands around her neck and choked her, reports show.

She got out of the car and tried to run away but tripped. He grabbed her by the hair, slammed her head into the ground then twisted her neck as if he wanted to break it, according to court records.

She began screaming, and that's when neighbors went outside to check on the noise, and Hataway fled, according to records.

Ocoee police arrested Hataway nearly a year later on an unrelated drug charge, which stemmed from the investigation into Ocasio's disappearance.

Hataway is being on a $250,000 bond in the Seminole County Jail. He had pleaded not guilty after he was charged with the 2008 attack. He has not yet entered a plea for the newly upgraded charge of attempted murder.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #481 on: February 02, 2010, 06:05:24 PM »

"The victim, whom the Orlando Sentinel is not identifying, told police she and Hataway had been at a bar and at a friend's house. She later drove him home.

When she reached over to hug him good night, Hataway grabbed her, wrapped his hands around her neck and choked her, reports show.

She got out of the car and tried to run away but tripped. He grabbed her by the hair, slammed her head into the ground then twisted her neck as if he wanted to break it, according to court records."

I envision something like this could have happened to Tracy.
It would be a pattern of behavior.
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #482 on: February 07, 2010, 12:05:04 PM »

Sorry OT but is Blink around? This new story may be worth keeping an eye on in re: Ocasio and Kesse.

http://www.wesh.com/news/22490987/detail.html

Missing Woman Last Seen Leaving Downtown Orlando

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Police are searching for a missing woman last seen leaving downtown Orlando early Sunday morning.

Authorities said Amy Renee Hickman, 25, was last seen in the 10 block of W. Church Street wearing a black short, black capri pants and black heels. She stands 5 feet 4 inches tall, weighs about 155 pounds and has long, blonde hair and green eyes.

Police said Hickman left a local bar at about 2 a.m. with friends and a man. They went somewhere to eat until about 3:30 a.m., police said.

I started a thread for Amy Hickman in SM's Missing Person area.  MB  Link:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7082.msg1068849#msg1068849
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 02:11:12 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #483 on: February 09, 2010, 10:57:55 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7082.0
 Amy Hickman was located safe

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: February 12, 2010, 08:29:53 AM »

Human remains found in St. Cloud
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-body-found-stcloud-20100211,0,3454013.story
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 02:19:57 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: February 17, 2010, 05:20:33 PM »

Bones ID'd as Andrew Johnson
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-osceola-skeleton-murder-20100217,0,5586717.story

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #486 on: February 21, 2010, 11:33:27 AM »

I think we are dealing with one of these personalities.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7172.0

IF SO, What is important is to realize He Truely believes he is smarter then you and that he most likely keep trophy's of his victims.

He has hid both Tracy and Jennifer in some place he feels very confident that athorities will NOT find her. Which is a clue where to look.
His work and life patterns may give better clue as to where to look.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: March 05, 2010, 12:47:31 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/03/05/tracy-ocasio-and-chris-george-disappearances-what-does-hataway-know/

Tracy Ocasio And Chris George Disappearances: What Does Hataway Know?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: March 05, 2010, 03:46:11 PM »

Thanks Klaas.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #489 on: March 05, 2010, 06:17:56 PM »

Thanks Klaas.   
Yes, thanks Klaas!  I've been waiting for this.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: March 20, 2010, 08:09:22 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/3/17/april_trial_expected_for_person_of_interest_in_ocasio_case.html
(Video at above link)
Last Man Seen With Tracy Ocasio Awaits April Trial
Thursday, March 18, 2010

ORLANDO -- The only person of interest in the disappearance of Tracy Ocasio will go on trial late next month in a separate case in Seminole County.

James Hataway, 29, is charged with attempted first-degree murder, false imprisonment and two other crimes.

The alleged incident happened in August 2008.

The victim told authorities she was dropping Hataway off when he choked her and banged her head into the ground.

The victim came forward a year later after Orange County authorities named Hataway as a person of interest in Ocasio's case.

Hataway was the last person seen with Ocasio.

She vanished in May of last year after the two left a MetroWest bar.

Hataway has not been charged with any wrongdoing in that case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #491 on: March 20, 2010, 08:11:19 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-03-17/news/os-james-hataway-hearing-20100317_1_tracy-ocasio-james-virgil-hataway-seminole-case
Judge: April trial possible for man last seen with Tracy Ocasio
March 17, 2010

SANFORD – James Virgil Hataway, the man at the center of the high-profile Tracy Ocasio missing person's case, won't go on trial in a separate attempted murder case in Seminole County until late April, at the earliest.

At a routine pre-trial conference Wednesday, attorneys told Circuit Judge Donna McIntosh that the only major work yet to be done in the Seminole case is taking the sworn statement of the woman he's accused of attacking here nine months before Ocasio disappeared.

The woman told authorities that she had driven Hataway, 29 of Ocoee, home Aug. 7, 2008, and was dropping him off when he choked her, tried to snap her neck and banged her head into the ground.
 He's charged with attempted first-degree murder, false imprisonment and two other crimes.

The woman is to be deposed Monday, according to defense attorney Al Parsons. Once that is done, the case should be ready for trial, he and Assistant State Attorney Anna Valentini told the judge Wednesday.

Hataway could go on trial April 26, at the earliest.

He was arrested in the Seminole case after he was named a person of interest in a similar but much higher-profile case in Orange County last year.

Tracy Ocasio disappeared May 27 from a sports bar in Metrowest during an Orlando Magic NBA playoff run. She was last seen leaving the bar with Hataway. Her car was found a half mile from his home.

She has not been found. Hataway has not been charged.

Attorneys in the Seminole case on Wednesday said they expect jury selection to take longer than usual in their case because of all the attention given the Ocasio case.

Parsons said he may want to question potential panel members individually.

Hataway sat silently through Wednesday's five-minute hearing, held in a courtroom at the Seminole County Jail.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: April 15, 2010, 08:06:31 AM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/crime/041410james-hataway-back-in-court
James Hataway back in court

Updated: Wednesday, 14 Apr 2010, 11:48 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 14 Apr 2010, 11:48 PM EDT

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - The man who is considered a person of interest in the disappearance of an Orange County woman headed back to court on Wednesday.

James Hataway appeared before a Seminole County judge in a docket hearing. Hataway faces multiple charges including attempted first degree premeditated murder, burglary of a conveyance with a battery, false imprisonment and robbery.

Hataway is also a person of interest in the 2009 disappearance of Tracy Ocasio. Surveillance video captured at an Orlando-area bar shows Hataway and Ocasio leaving together following an Orlando Magic watch party. Ocasio has not been seen since.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: April 20, 2010, 07:50:45 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/23204153/detail.html
New Ocasio Search Set For May 8
Missing Woman Last Seen Leaving Bar In May

POSTED: 6:30 am EDT April 20, 2010
UPDATED: 7:15 am EDT April 20, 2010
OCOEE, Fla. -- The family of missing Ocoee woman Tracy Ocasio said a new search date has been set.

The Ocasios said crews will meet on May 8 to look near the Senior and Veterans Service Center in Ocoee nearly a year after her disappearance.

Ocasio was last seen leaving a bar in MetroWest with James Hataway.

Hataway has not been charged regarding Ocasio's disappearance.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: April 21, 2010, 06:31:19 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/4/20/report_tip_in_ocasio_case_sparks_new_search.html
 Report: Tip In Ocasio Case Sparks New Search
Tuesday, April 20, 2010 11:44:39 AM
ORLANDO -- A new search is planned for missing Ocoee woman Tracy Ocasio.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, a new tip in Ocasio's disappearance has sparked an upcoming search.

Joe Ocasio, the missing woman's father, said he and volunteers with a local chapter of the Central Florida Search and Rescue will mount a search in Ocoee and MetroWest on May 8.

No details were given about the tip.

However, the group will search the area near the Taproom in MetroWest, which was the last place Ocasio had been seen with James Hataway.

Hataway is being held on unrelated attempted first-degree murder charges in a 2008 attack.

~ Peter Frampton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #495 on: April 21, 2010, 10:39:33 AM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-04-20/news/os-tracy-ocasio-search-20100420_1_tracy-ocasio-joe-ocasio-james-virgil-hataway

A new tip prompts plan for May 8 search.

I hope this pans out, but I have my doubts about that area. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: April 22, 2010, 07:20:26 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-hataway-pretrial-20100422,0,4345100.story
Tracy Ocasio: James Hataway returns to court in separate attempted murder case
 By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel

6:41 a.m. EDT, April 22, 2010
SANFORD – What's likely to be James Hataway's final pretrial conference in an attempted murder case in Seminole County is to begin this morning.

The woman who says Hataway attacked her in Seminole is not Tracy Ocasio, who's been missing for 11 months, but this woman told prosecutors her story after she learned that Hataway was a person of interest in Ocasio's disappearance.

Hataway could go on trial as early as Monday on the Seminole County charges. If convicted, he could spend the rest of his life in prison.

In that case, the woman told authorities that she had been at a party with Hataway Aug. 7, 2008, had driven him home and as they hugged good-bye in the car, he began choking her.

She got out of the car and ran, but he chased her down and began banging her head into the ground, she told authorities. She also says he tried to snap her neck.

She got away after she began screaming and neighbors began to come to her aid.

About a year later, Ocasio disappeared. She was last seen leaving a MetroWest bar with Hataway. He has not been charged in that case.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: April 22, 2010, 10:34:35 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-hataway-pretrial-20100422,0,4345100.story
Date set: James Hataway will be tried for attempted murder
 By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel

10:07 a.m. EDT, April 22, 2010
SANFORD – A judge Thursday tentatively set the attempted murder trial of James Hataway for Monday morning.

Hataway, 29 of Ocoee, is a person of interest in another case: the disappearance last May of Tracy Ocasio.

She's the young woman who was last seen leaving a Metrowest bar with Hataway following an Orlando Magic playoff game.

Her mother, Liz Ocasio, was in court Thursday to watch Hataway and the progress of his attempted murder case in Seminole County. It involves a different young woman, one that Hataway is accused of trying to kill.

Circuit Judge Donna McIntosh tentatively set that trial for Monday.

The judge also set several other cases for trial that same day, so it's possible Hataway's case could be delayed, but as of now, he's to report back to court Monday, prepared to pick a jury.

If convicted, he could spend the rest of his life in prison.

In that case, a woman told authorities that she had been at a party with Hataway Aug. 7, 2008, had driven him home and as they hugged good-bye in the car, he began choking her.

She got out of the car and ran, but he chased her down and began banging her head into the ground, she told authorities. She also says he tried to snap her neck.

She got away after she began screaming and neighbors began to approach.

About a year later, Ocasio disappeared.

Ocasio's mother on Thursday said she intends to sit through Hataway's Seminole County trial from start to finish. She hopes to see him convicted and punished, she said.

Rene Stutzman can be reached at rstutzman@orlandosentinel.com or 407-650-6394.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: April 26, 2010, 07:50:52 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/23263321/detail.html
Hataway Heads To Trial On Attempted Murder Charges
Person Of Interest In Missing Woman Case Faces Unrelated Charges

POSTED: 6:40 am EDT April 26, 2010
UPDATED: 6:58 am EDT April 26, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A person of interest in the disappearance of a local woman is expected to head to trial Monday in an unrelated case.

James Hataway is facing attempted murder charges in a case involving another woman dating back to 2008.

Hataway was also the last person to see Tracy Ocasio before she disappeared last year.
Investigators said she was last seen leaving a MetroWest bar with Hataway.

~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #499 on: April 26, 2010, 10:06:10 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/23264063/detail.html

Jury Selection Begins For James Hataway Trial

Posted: 8:43 am EDT April 26, 2010
SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. -- Jury selection is expected to begin in Seminole County Monday morning for the trial of the prime suspect in the disappearance of an Ocoee woman.

James Hataway is facing attempted murder charges in a separate case involving a Casselberry woman. The woman in the case says Hataway choked her when she gave him a ride home last year.

Tracy Ocasio gave Hataway a ride home on the night she disappeared. He was the last person known to see her.

Hataway has not been charged in the Ocasio case.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.